The Baynes Legacy - Book 3- W...

By angelwing218

Ashling has grown up with everyone looking at her as if she was nothing more than the Alpha's off spring. No... More

Who Goes Bump in the Night (Prologue)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 1)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 2)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 3)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 4)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 5)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 6)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 7)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 8)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 9)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 10)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 11)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 12)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 13)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 14)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 15)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 17)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 18)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter19)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 20)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 21)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 22)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 23)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 24)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 25)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 26)
Who Goes Bump in the NIght (Chapter 27)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 28)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 29)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 30)
Who Goes Bump in the Night (Epilogue)

Who Goes Bump in the Night (Chapter 16)

26.4K 298 31
By angelwing218

16.

"Ashling!" Searching around to find where the voice was coming from she finally spotted Blain. His black hair cut short and graying slightly at his side burns. His arms were waving wildly in the air as he weaved his way through the thicket of people at the airport.

"Hey Uncle Blain." Ashling hugged his middle as he finally reached them. "Where's mom and dad?"

"Oh, Allison went into labor. They are at the hospital. I'm strict instruction to bring you to the hospital." His infectious smile couldn't make her smile at that remark, she was in trouble and she was about to be chewed out. She just knew it.

"Who gave the orders?"

"Ali. And I know she has no real power but I am not in the business for upsetting pregnant woman, especially not one who's in labor!" He chuckled as he moved to help Keiran with the luggage. "So you're one they've been talking about?" Blain asked Keiran watching him carefully.

"I guess so." He smirked as he tugged Ashling hips to his.

"Well I'm going to miss you around here, and I'm sure Tommy will too." Blain mentioned as his face saddened a bit. Ashling gave him a crooked smile as she remember growing up with Tommy since they were a few months apart, Tommy was Blain son with Aunt Simone. She was certain growing up that her father and Blain had hoped they'd become mates but Ashling could never bring herself to see him as more than a brother.

"Tommy is going to college in the fall and I'm sure he'll find someone to shack up with soon enough." Ashling giggled as they began their way out of the airport.

They maneuvered their way through the parking garage finally stopping in front of Blain's large black SUV. As Ashling slipped into the back seat Keiran tried to slip in beside her, "Sit up here, Keiran. I feel inclined to give you a proper talking to about my niece."

"Yes, sir." Keiran threw Ashling a grin before getting in the passenger seat and buckling up.

"Oh come on Blain, don't start getting all fatherly on him. If I remember right didn't you accidentally get caught up with Aunt Simone?" She giggled as she looked at him through the rear view mirror.

"You're right, I did claim her accidentally but it worked for us, because we really were meant for each other so it wasn't so much as an accident as it was fate intervening." Blain grinned as he drove down the high way.

"Keiran, I expect you to take care of that girl, and any time she wants to come home make sure she gets home." He said sternly as he glanced over at Keiran.

"I'll certainly try." Keiran noted.

The ride to the hospital was quick, especially with Blain driving. Ashling's door flew open before she could get unbuckled, Keiran stood there holding his hand out to her. Taking his hand she hopped down from the truck only to end up wrapped in his arms and kissing him again. She got lost in the movement of his lips and the pleasure of being in his arms. Blain began clearing his throat as he waited at the front of the car for them to untangle themselves.

"Come on you two."

"We're coming." Ashling sang as she pulled Keiran behind her. After a short ride up the elevator they reached Ali's room. Blain thought it'd be best if Ashling looked in rather either of the men. When she peaked her head in she saw Ali sitting up in bed, her hair a rumpled mess on her head and a small bundle tucked snugly in her arms.

"Ash!" She called out in hushed tones, as to not wake the sleeping baby. Ashling stuck her head back out the door motioning the guys to enter behind her. Keiran stood closely behind her always touching her somehow.

"Hey Ali." She stepped and kissed her sister's cheek and got a peek at the chubby cheeked baby. "Aww, he's so handsome." Ashling skimmed her finger lightly across the newborn's cheek. "Have you picked a name?"

"Landon." Ali responded as she turned to look back down at the baby. "You want to hold him?" Ashling nodded quickly and moved slowly to cradle the baby in her arms. She cooed softly down at him bringing his head close to her face planting a soft kiss on his forehead. "So your my baby sister's mate, huh?" Ali asked suddenly.

"Yep." Keiran grinned as he watched Ashling cradling the baby.

"You better not get her pregnant this early!" Ali demanded as she turned to see the rest of the family filter into the room with food in their hands.

"Ashling!" Kalee wailed waking the baby. Ashling gently rocked the baby but when he wouldn't settle down she quickly gave him back to his mother.

"Ashy! Ashy!" The twin instantly wrapped themselves around her calves hugging her for dear life. Ashling scooped them both into her arms hugging them tightly and kissing them on the cheeks.

"Hey everyone."

With out another word the questions started erupting from every direction about her and Keiran's relationship, Ashling almost had whiplash from all the voices bouncing around in the room. Connor quickly came to her rescue as he held his hand up and everyone instantly quieted. He stepped towards Keiran extending his hand for a shake.

"Welcome to the family, son. Take care of my baby." He chuckled heartily.

"Thank you Mr. Baynes." Keiran shook his hand firmly

"Connor, call me Connor."

"Yes, sir."

After a round of introductions a nurse entered the room and informed them that visiting hours were over and everyone would have to come back tomorrow. Ashling quickly kissed her sister bye and hugged Rhys before leaving out of the room the twins close on her heels. Moments later her parents exited the room each picking up a toddler.

"I guess we will meet you at the house then, since Blain has your luggage. And don't think that just because the twins are staying at the house that we aren't having a conversation about everything. Once they are in bed you two will be sitting in the living room waiting for us." Kalee called as she walked down the hall way with her grandson waving happily over her shoulder.

Ashling's face fell as she watched her mother walk away only to look at her father, who was smiling trying desperately not to laugh as he shook his head. "Don't let her fool you, she's okay with it as long as you are." He whispered as he walked hand and hand with Lily.

_

Dinner was quiet all except for the twins happily tossing peas at each other. Doyle joined them since he had just returned from work, he was now the second in command in the pack guards. He shook Keiran's hand like he was an old friend. But she was certain he was yelling internally to take care of his twin. Kalee was kind and respectful but still on the facade of being annoyed by the entire situation. After dinner Kalee took Ian and Lily upstairs to get a bath and put them to bed. Ashling immediately drug Keiran into the living room plopping him down on a couch.

"You okay?" He asked as he grabbed a hold of her hand, his eye full of concern watched her intently.

"Yeah, I should be fine with this. My parents did the same thing to Ali and Rhys, and they loved him right off the bat. I don't know why they wouldn't love you." Ashling couldn't help to worry about the 'talking to' she was about to receive. Before she could speak again her mom and dad entered the room and sat across from them. Connor's face again reflected some unspoken humor, annoying Ashling slightly.

"So young lady, what do you have to say?" Kalee asked sternly.

Keiran squeezed her hand reassuringly and smiled as she glanced up at him before answering. "Well, I love him." She spoke calmly trying her best to steady her voice.

Kalee's face began to turn a shade of deep red Ashling could only remember her turning the few times she got extremely mad at Doyle or herself. "WELL!" Kalee bellowed. Suddenly the red in her face faded away being replaced by a hysterical grin. "Well, welcome to the family, Keiran. I wish you two would of waited until you were done with camp but what's done is done. I hate that you got fired from your first job Ashling!" Kalee frowned at the last remark.

"I-I... MOM! Don't do that to me again!" Ashling raised her voice. "That wasn't funny, I was over here freaking out that you were going to disown me or something." Ashling sighed deeply as she rested her forehead against her and Keiran's clasped hands. "And by the way, we didn't get fired. In fact we were asked to come back next year. Mr. Spencer said he understood what it was like for us, but with the full moon being tomorrow he couldn't take any chances with the campers near by. So that's why we are here."

"Well I assume you are both staying for the full moon, right?" Connor asked.

"Why wouldn't they? She's not moving out tomorrow!" Kalee piped in expectantly.

"Yes, we will be here for the full moon but we won't be able to stay very long after that. My father is flying in the day after the full moon and getting a moving truck." Keiran stated, all this news was new to Ashling taking her by surprise.

"So I'm moving in two days?" She asked meekly, he looked at Keiran with sad eyes. She didn't know how she could say good bye to the only life she had ever known in two days. This old colonial home would no longer be her home.

"Yes, unfortunately. We have a lot to do back with my pack. You have to be greeted and my father has found us a place to live, so I will be moving from my parent's home as well. Not to mention we have to enroll you in college."

"Oh. Okay."

"Well I'm glad your still planning on going to college. But how will you do it with a baby?" Kalee asked suddenly worried about Ashling being able to balance life. Ashling looked at her mother as if she had grown a second head.

"A BABY? Mom why would you say something like that?"

"But when he claimed you..." Kalee trailed off noticing she embarrassed Ashling severely with the deep reddening of her cheeks.

"We used protection! Geez, MOM!" Ashling huffed as she raised from the couch. "I think we are going for a walk." She mumbled as she yanked Keiran from the couch giving him a split second to wave bye before going through the front door.

"Where are we going?" Keiran asked as he stumbled behind Ashling, who was practically dragging him across the street and into a wooded area.

"Our clearing." She looked back and smirked slightly as she proceeded forward following a small trail, easily slipping over the tangled mess of vines and shrubs. Ashling continued forward breaking through the trees to a moon lit opening. "This is our clearing. This is where I first shifted and we've all came here at one time or another to think."

"It reminds me of the meadow at camp. Just missing the flowers." He whispered as to not disturb the serenity of the night.

"That's what I thought too when I first saw the meadow with Quinn." Keiran growled lowly causing Ashling to glance back at him. "Quinn was my first friend there, Keiran. If I remember correctly you were extremely rude and obnoxious."

"Obnoxious?" He grinned as wrapped his arms slowly around her waist. "I know how I acted was unacceptable but you made me feel out of control. And I don't feel like I have not control over a situation."

"Well we didn't have control. Fate, Animal magnetism, whatever you want to call it pulled us together. And I couldn't be happier." With her hands placed firmly on his chest she moved them up until she linked her hands behind his head pulling him down to her level to kiss him softly.

"We should really head back to get some sleep. We have a lot of packing to do tomorrow." Keiran mumbled into her neck, Ashling only responding with a simple nod.

__

Ashling woke the next morning to hear yelling, laughing, and little feet running around. Keiran's arm was draped around her middle holding her close. His breathing was still deep and heavy, feeling stealthy she slowly raised his arm to slip from under it and quickly get out of bed. Finally her feet hit the floor and she put his arm back down. He hadn't stirred once.

Ashling found a pair a sweat pants and tugged them on after remember only being in a oversized t-shirt and panties. She grabbed her robe and bag with her toiletries and walked across the hall to the bathroom. Letting the heat from the shower wash away her sorrows of her upcoming move, Ashling knew she couldn't hide in the shower all day. She quickly finished up, towel dried and slipped her knee length robe around her freshly cleaned body.

As she stepped back into her room she saw Keiran sitting on the side of the bed his head in his hands. "Good morning." Ashling said quickly as she padded over to her dresser finding a pair of cotton shorts and old shirt she had used to paint her room in.

"Good morning, baby." He mumbled as he sat up stretching. "I have a horrible head ache." He noted as he rubbed his fingers into his temples.

"You need something?" Ashling asked as she slipped a pair of panties on under rob and tugging the shorts up after. Keiran finally caught sight of what she was doing.

"Are you naked under there?" His pained expression turned to one of lust as he crept closer to her.

"I was naked, now I'm just topless." Ashling giggled as she snatched a sports bra from her dresser only to be caught by Keiran before she could make a move to put it on.

"Oh no you don't." He grinned as he let his hand slip between the flaps of her robe caressing her bare skin with his palms. Ashling breath quicken was his warm touch, she watched as his free hand slowly untied the knot in the front of the robe exposing her other naked breast. "So beautiful."

Ashling closed her eyes tightly trying to calm herself, she couldn't let herself get swept up in her hormones. "Keiran." She whispered.

"Yes, princess?" His breath tickling her neck as he closed the space between them, a seductive grin permanently pasted on his lips.

"We can't. Not now and not here." Ashling's voice coming out staggered and heavy.

"Aww. Why not?" He groaned.

"W-we have a lot to do and my parents and niece and nephew are down stairs. I don't want to permanently scar them." Ashling giggled slightly as Keiran hesitantly removed his hands from her bare flesh.

"Well you owe me." He chuckled as he kissed her lips lightly. "I guess I'll go shower now since you've caused this." Keiran motioned to the evident bulge in his boxers, thankfully a button was painfully holding the flap in the middle together otherwise she was certain he'd be exposed.

"You may want to cover that before you walk out there." Ashling snickered as she tugged her sports bra on followed by her paint splattered shirt.

"Certainly." Keiran pulled his shorts on from the previous night, walking to his suit case to remove clothes for the day and a small toiletry bag. "I won't be long." He pecked her lips before heading out of the room.

__

Ashling and Keiran spent most of the day packing away all her belongings. It was late in the afternoon when they were finally done. Ashling looked at the large stack of boxes in the corner, her whole life boxed away. She was instantly saddened again but a knock at the door pulled her from her pity party.

"Come in." She called as the door opened she saw her dad standing there looking at the tower of boxes.

"Well I see your almost done, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess so." Ashling frowned a bit. "Hard to believe I won't be living here anymore."

"Ashling, this will always be your home too. But you have to go with Keiran, and you know that. Don't think life will stop just because you move. You'll make new friends and slowly start your own life there." Connor smiled as he leaned against the door frame. "Well I just wanted to let you both know we are heading to the pack house early. So you may want to shower and dress nice please."

"Why?" Ashling asked. She never had to dress nice for their moonlit rendezvous.

"Don't ask questions. Just do it, please." He used his Alpha's voice momentarily but quickly softened back to his normal fatherly voice.

"Fine."

"Well you're mother, the twins and myself are heading out now. Drive over in your car when you're ready. I sure your grandmother would love to meet your mate." Connor waved as he walked back down the hallway.

"So why doesn't your family live in the pack house?" Keiran broke the silence after a few seconds.

"We had this house since before my dad was Alpha. And since my grandmother is still around, she stays in the pack house. I'm sure when and if anything happens to her, Doyle will move in since my mom is in love with this house."

"Hmm, that's interesting." Keiran noted. "Well we better get showered."

"We?" Ashling questioned with one eyebrow arched.

"Yep, you and me. We have the house to ourselves, right?" Keiran's eyes mirrored his lust once again, he began moving closer to her like a hunter would do to his prey.

"Yes we do. But.."

"But nothing, princess." He scooped her up into his arms carrying her to the bathroom. Keiran shut the door with his foot placing her down on the counter. He turned to lock the door only to turn around to see Ashling bending over the tub to turn on the shower. He moved himself behind her gripping her hips and grinding himself against her. Ashling's knees went weak as she felt his extremely excited manhood press against her through both of their clothes. "Like that?"

Ashling stood up straightening her back and turned to face Keiran. "You're teasing me. That's not very nice." She playfully scolded him as she pulled her shirt and bra off in one movement.

"Now who's teasing who?" Keiran followed suit by removing his shirt and shorts glancing up every split second to see Ashling stripping down further only to excite him more. As Ashling stepped into the shower she threw the curtain into place waiting for Keiran to join her. He began digging through his pockets until he found his wallet and removed a condom.

Finally stepping into the steamy shower Keiran's jaw dropped as he watched the water dribble down Ashling's body with her eyes closed and up turned to the ceiling. His hand automatically reached out cupping her breasts causing her breath to hitch as he brought his mouth down on one suckling softly. Keiran's free hand eagerly tugged and tweaked her other nipple. A soft moan escaped from Ashling as she leaned against the wall to prevent herself from falling. Keiran's hands began to roams freely over the planes of her body, trying to memorized every dip and valley finally working their way between her thighs slowly rubbing her. Within seconds Ashling's body was trembling from the soft petting and nibbles Keiran had been showering over her bare breasts.

"S-stop teasing!" Ashling gasped out as she gripped his shoulders tightly as her knees buckled beneath her.

"Yes ma'am." Keiran smirked as he removed the condom from the package, eagerly rolling in down over his engorged manhood. Ashling finally got a better look at it and wondered how all of him fit in her before. Her thoughts were cut off by Keiran's hands picking her up and placing her back against the wall. Ashling wrapped her legs around his waist locking her ankles tightly only to be held closer by his hands holding her bottom with both hands. Keiran lined her with his manhood and slowly entered her. He was determined to make this time better. Ashling began panting instantly as he thrusted his hips up to meet her each time. Keiran's grunts became stronger and harder as Ashling felt her own climax soon approaching. Within second her muscles began spasming around his shaft milking his own climax. When Ashling was certain they were both finished she slowly unlocked her ankles and Keiran slowly lowered her to the ground still holding her close.

"That..was.. amazing." Ashling panted as she rested her forehead against his chest.

"I don't think there are words for that was, love."

After they both recovered from the sexual adventure they showered quickly and dressed. Ashling picked out a white sun dress with cherries all over it, she decided to leave her hair down letting it curl softy as it dusted down her back. Keiran wore khaki slacks and white shirt with the top buttons undone and the cuffs rolled. He looked comfortable but handsome at the same time, the thought of him being all her's brought a shiver down Ashling's spine.

"Ready?" She asked as she watched him tie his loafers.

"Yep. And you my dear look gorgeous." He pecked her cheek as they walked out to Ashling's car. The drive was short, when they pulled up there were a bunch of cars already parked in the yard. She wasn't expecting everyone to be there so early. As she got out of the car she met Keiran on the other side of the car hooking her arm in his.

"Ashling!" Her eyes caught sight of her grandmother waving her arms wildly from the large porch.

"Grandma!" Elizabeth scrambled down the stairs quickly gathering Ashling into a tight hug.

"Oh, when your father told me about you finding your mate I was so happy for you! And you must be the young man who has stole my granddaughter's heart."

"Yes ma'am. I'm Keiran Byrne."

"Byrne, huh? I know your father. My late husband did quite a bit of dealing with him." Keiran nodded. "Well come on you two, everyone is waiting for your arrival!"

"Everyone? Why?" Ashling questioned looking suddenly frightened.

"You'll see!" Elizabeth called over her shoulder as she lead the way to the back yard.

"SURPRISE!!!!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

521K 15.6K 26
Audrina has just found her mate, but there's a problem, he doesn't want her. She isn't his type and doesn't want to have a mate that looks like her...
685K 11.6K 32
"Oh god," I made little gasping sounds, unable to stop my eyes from rereading the note again and again."This can't be happening." Love conquers all...
3.6M 56.9K 33
Princess is chosen to become the next Alpha of the world famous Ninjan Pack. She has been trained her whole life to become an elite warrior and the A...
26.6K 437 24
"I just wanted a new start. The feeling of being alone was not a good feeling. It just made you want more and more. I sniffed and splashed some water...