I Don't Even Know Your Name;...

By ILLUMlNATE

"See, I remember how you felt on that day, But I forget all the faces except one, And what hurts the most is... More

Copyright
Intro
1. Tickets
2. Big Day
3. I Met Him
4. Impression
5. Mystery
6. Fans
7. Follow
8. Messages
9. Instagram
10. Soon
11. Crazy
12. San Francisco
13. Meet Again
14. Hang out
15. Video
16. Posts
17. Camila
18. Girl stuff
19. 21 questions
20. Travel
21. Happy Birthday
22. Wishes
23. Surprise
24. Toronto
25. Days Out
26. John Mayer Concert
27. Last
28. Home
29. Thanksgiving
30. Awkward
31. Tour
32. Australia
33. Pictures
34. After Concert
35. Tour life
36. Sick
37. Hospital
38. Sorry
39. Christmas
40. With You
42. Dms
43. London
44. London → Paris
45. City of Love
Epilogue
Sequel

41. Makeup

9.2K 258 180
By ILLUMlNATE

"This was probably a big mistake."

•••

Avelyn

After Shawn and I spent three days together in Arizona we decided to go back to New York. I needed to pack new clothes for Paris and London, he didn't need to go back to Toronto because apparently he knew I'd say yes.

Therefore after spending a couple days with my parents who were kind of star struck we took a flight back to New York. We weren't staying long just two days before our flight to Paris. I couldn't wait I mean Paris and London? That's a dream come true.

I've always fallen in love with places I've never been to. Those being some of the places, it was definitely going to be crazy. And beautiful, amazing, and well hopefully memorable especially with Shawn.

I know what you're thinking, why do you want for it to be memorable? I'm not really sure, I mean I've always wanted to be Shawn Mendes's best friend. Now that I have been for the past six almost seven months it's been amazing. Everything I ever thought it would be and more, I mean he's funny and cute.

Then again he's always been that way to his fans. Though I guess it's just more different, he's more open. More free and himself, he's himself with his fans but it's different because of social media. You have to always watch how you say and the way you say things, he's learning to become more open about things though.

But when it comes to being friends with him he isn't as filtered. He's relaxed and just himself, I've gotten to know him better. When this all happened I wanted to be his friend, it's what I've wanted ever since I found his vine covers in 2013.

But the more I hung out with him and the more I started to like him. I mean being a fan it was a given to have feelings for him. Of course before I was sure I'd never meet him or never actually know him. I had accepted the fact that I was a one in a million and just knew I wouldn't end up with him.

Though my life hasn't hasn't exactly been the same since then. I mean I'm best friends with my idol, I've been out of the country with him. I've hung out and have gotten to know him on another level. I've developed feelings for him and don't know what to do, I don't want to ruin anything.

I was not going to be that person to stop him from liking anyone. I was his friend and that's all I would be, even if he likes other girls. I told him the day we met that all I ever wanted to be was his best friend. That I didn't want to be like all the other fans, and I just didn't want him to feel uncomfortable. So for now I'll just be his friend unless somehow things change.

"Avelyn you've been looking for something to watch for the past 20 minuets." Shawn said interrupting my thoughts.

I sighed, "Well it's not my fault there's nothing on and it's too cold outside to do much."

I set the remote down on my white coffee table after I turned my tv off. Shawn sat on the other couch and scrolled on his phone. I got up and grabbed my phone to see so many people requesting video ideas. That's when I just had an amazing plan.

I locked my phone and looked at Shawn. It took him a few seconds to notice that I was quiet. He then looked up from his phone and seen me as I smiled at him.

"Uh what's that smile for?" Shawn asked.

I got up and walked over towards the couch he was sitting at. I sat down across from him and smiled.

"Well there's nothing to watch and we only have today really to do something. So I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me with a video." I told him.

He raised an eyebrow, "Help with what exactly? Last time I did something for one of your videos I had bit into a tomato."

"Yeah well I had a mouth full of plain mayonnaise which kind of has the texture of spoiled milk so you know what don't complain." I told him.

"Fair enough, so what did you have in mind?" Shawn asked as he put his phone down in his lap.

•••

"Okay you cant judge me and promise not to scream." I asked from the bathroom.

I heard him laugh, "Avelyn if you say something stupid like that again I'll leave."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah well when you start to think I look familiar just know the character you're referring to is Shrek."

I then walked out of the bathroom and over to where my camera and lights were set up. It was set up in front of my couch where Shawn was currently sitting. I walked over and had my hands covering my face as I sat down.

"Avelyn come on I've seen a picture of you without makeup before." Shawn told me.

"Okay but I warned you." I mumbled before taking my hands off my face.

I had just taken off the makeup I was wearing earlier. I mean it wasn't the whole works but definitely didn't look like I just woke up. I looked at him and he just had that famous smile that I loved seeing.

"You look the same Avelyn, beautiful with or without makeup." He told me.

I looked down and felt heat creep up to my cheeks. I then got up and reached over for the camera. I turned it on and sat back down next to Shawn.

"Hi guys welcome back to my channel, here I am joined by the best loser you'll ever find out there, Shawn." I said to the camera before looking at Shawn.

He chuckled, "Wow Avelyn way to make your guests feel so welcomed."

"Oh shush you know I'm joking, well anyways today we will be doing a very trendy video. You've seen it from so many other YouTubers like Zoella and Liza and so many more." I talked trying hard not to mess up.

"I haven't seen any videos." Shawn imputed.

I looked over at him and rolled my eyes, "Well this is the Shawn Mendes does my Makeup, similar to the other so and so does my makeup. Except it's Shawn."

He then chuckled which made me snicker a little bit. I then looked over at Shawn and turned a little in my seat.

"So I have all my makeup right here in front of you. Of course it's only what I use so that there's not too much and it's not overwhelming." I told Shawn.

He turned a little to see all that was on the coffee table. He raised his eyebrows in question and had a puzzled expression. It made me laugh a little as he looked at everything.

"I don't even know where to start." He said honestly.

I looked at the camera and then him, "Okay I'll give you three life lines: one from me, one from the internet, and you can call someone."

He nodded, "Okay sounds reasonable."

"So are you ready to get started? Shawn please don't purposely mess this up." I told him.

He laughed, "What? Me? Mess up? No can't you tell I've done this a hundred times? I'm practically a beauty guru, like Avelyn Winter who?"

That made me laugh a little more than it should have. It caused him to laugh as well.

"Okay Mr. beauty guru what do you do first?" I asked.

He looked at everything and rubbed his neck. Something I always seen him do when he was in Q&A's. He would always touch his neck or around his neck. That or he would run his fingers through his hair.

He picked up my foundation and read it, "Foundation? I mean it sounds right."

He said it while looking at me as if I would give him approval or a hint. I just shrugged as I moved my hair away from my face.

"Do what you think is right, I can't tell you anything unless it's you using your lifeline." I told him.

He huffed, "Why is makeup so complicated, these things should come with instructions and a list."

I shook my head, "Not everything is that easy shawn."

"Okay well I'm just going with it and saying foundation goes on first." He told me.

Wrong. But I wasn't about to tell him that so instead I let him continue.

"And what are you going to use to put that on me?" I asked him.

He looked at me confused, "You use something?"

I nodded, "Uh yeah."

He looked around and looked at all the brushes. But maybe he wasn't as dumb as he thought because he grabbed a beauty blender. He held it in his hand and showed it to me.

"Well it looks like it has some foundation on it so I'm assuming it's this?" He asked.

"Yup, do you know what it's called?" I asked as he put a little foundation on the blender.

He then slowly started to dab it on my face, "Uh it looks like a trolls head, like the hair."

Hearing him refer to it as a troll hair out of all the possibilities made me laugh. He gave me a questioning look because of me laughing.

"What? Was I not right?" He chuckled.

I shook my head, "Not even close."

"Okay well I'm done with this." Shawn said as he set down the beauty blender.

I looked over at the camera to show what he had done. I then seen him looking at what else was there.

"Okay so what is next?" I asked.

He ran his fingers through his hair, "I have no idea." He then picked up the contour.

"So what do you do with that?" I asked Shawn.

He then looked at me and studied my face trying to figure out where it would go. It was like a lightbulb went off in his head because he then grabbed a small brush.

"Does this go on your eyebrows?" He asked me.

I shrugged, "I can't tell you unless you use the life line."

He looked at it and turned it around trying to find some indication of where it goes. God this was going to be an absolute mess.

"Fine I'll use a life line, now tell me where this goes." He said sounding a little hopeless.

I grabbed the right brush for it, "You use this and this defines my cheekbones, jawline, nose, and forehead." I told him.

He looked at me as if I just gave him an insane math equation. Like I just spoke to him in another language because he looked so confused.

"Okay cause that didn't sound complicated at all." He told me.

He started to apply it in all the places I told him and at this point I'm sure I probably had it all over my face. He put an insane amount and it felt like the brush touched every inch of my face. Once he was satisfied with his little project he put down the contour and brush down.

"Hey you don't look so bad, I think when I'm done we'll go out for dinner and you can go out like that." He said confidently.

"You seem awfully confident for someone who's only put on Foundation and contour." I told him.

We then continued and he knew what a lot of the other things were. Like eyeshadow, my dip brow, along with blush. The scary part was the mascara and eyeliner.

"Oh god I feel like all girls do that long line right? What are they called?" Shawn asked me.

"A wing?" I questioned.

He nodded, "That's it."

He then held my head and tried to adjust his position to try and get the right position. I kept wanting to laugh because of the way he looked.

"Avelyn stop laughing or I'm going to end up getting this everywhere." He scolded.

I bit my lip trying hard not to laugh, he continued and it was like he would hold his breath. Then after a few seconds I would hear him mutter a curse word. Clearly he was messing up which made me scared but also amused.

Once he finished both sides I heard him huff, "This is actually really hard I don't know how you girls do it."

I opened my eyes and seen how disappointed he looked. It was kind of cute the way he looked upset because he couldn't do it.

"Okay you only have like three things left." I told him.

He nodded and grabbed the mascara, "This I know goes on your eyelashes."

"Whoa there cowboy, be careful with that. I only have two eyes." I told him.

He nodded, "Yeah yeah I understand."

He then opened the mascara and took out the wand. I looked at him and he carefully brought it towards my eye. It made me so uneasy that he was that close with something I've poked myself with a couple times.

"Okay this is a little hard, I'll try my best not to get it in your eye." Shawn told me.

I nodded and he started to ever so gently brush the wand against my eyelashes. I blinked as well so that it would help him out a little. He even got the lower lashes done and I'm pretty sure it touched my skin.

"Wow I'm not even sure how I held that when my hands are all sweaty. Now time for the lipstick." He said as if that was the easiest thing here.

He grabbed my favorite lipstick that smelled like coconuts. He took it out and carefully swiped it against my lips. He made sure that it was actually on my lips and not on my skin. Though a few times he did get it on my teeth which resulted in me cleaning my teeth.

Once he finished he looked at me, "All done, now move your lips together."

I laughed before doing as he said and moved my lips together. The whole time I saw that he kept looking at my lips. I am glad he really put a lot of makeup on my face because I felt myself blush.

"You're not forgetting anything? This is it? You're done?" I asked him.

He looked around at all my makeup stuff and picked up my highlighter. He then looked at me and smiled.

"Oh wait this makes your face shine doesn't it? Like you're glowing?" He asked me.

I nodded and he took a brush and swiped it against the powder. He stopped and studied my face making sure he knew where it goes.

"Okay I definitely know this goes on your cheeks and your nose. I see my fans that wear makeup have it there." Shawn told me.

I smiled loving how much he paid attention to them. He then applied it to the areas he told me before putting it down. He wiped his hands and looked at the camera.

"I am officially done, I think I did pretty great if I say so myself." Shawn said.

"You're done? That's it?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yup. Are you ready to see?"

He then handed me a mirror, I took it from him and looked in it. The only thing Shawn got really good was my lips and that was still questionable because he got some on my teeth.

"Oh my god Shawn pennywise has better makeup than this." I joked.

He gave me a hurt look, "Hey this wasn't easy it's not like I do it all the time or see it for that fact."

"Okay so out of ten I'd give you a 2.5 because I mean the lips aren't bad." I told him.

He shook his head, "I don't know about you guys but this is a great look. I mean it just goes to show that she doesn't need makeup. She looked better without it than when I did it."

I shook my head and leaned against him, "Oh sure Shawn whatever you think, guys if you enjoyed this video please give it a thumbs up and comment what you would score Shawn. Also subscribe and share, I'll see you lovelies very soon."

"Bye guys." Shawn said.

I then got up and turned the camera off. I then picked up all my makeup and turned the lights off. Shawn got up and helped me clean up the place.

"Hey I really did try I just don't know what any of this stuff does." He apologized.

I laughed, "Shawn that's what makes this funny. You tried and well it's a learning lesson but I mean people are going to love it surely because it's you."

"Well still I feel like I wasted your makeup." He told me as I grabbed a makeup remover towelette.

I then started to remove my makeup as Shawn went on his phone. He was typing away to someone as I cleaned my face from all the makeup. I looked at myself in the mirror while I did so and stopped when I got to my lips.

Shawn had stared at them as I rubbed them together. But why? Maybe I was just thinking way too much into it. I wasn't sure but I definitely think my feelings were clouding my judgement. The question wasn't should I act on them or not. But...

Was losing him as a friend worth it?

Authors Note//
A really long update because why not
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 178 10
"I-I can't do this, Shawn." Lucy whined between Shawn's endless kissing and suckings on her neck. "We can't do this to Camila and Connor." "They don'...
137K 3.1K 55
[COMPLETED] 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 "you're driving me crazy shawn mendes." she says with a chuckle as he shrugs. he leans in...
350K 5.9K 69
A story about a college girl named Lili with her best friends having the time of their lives until one day Lili's friends but tickets to see the famo...
73.4K 1.1K 29
What could happen when you accidentally send a text to the wrong number who ends up being your idol Shawn Mendes? Nothing right? Well let's see abou...