My Husband's Girl

By aasthamishra_

Love is Sacrifice. ❝ I don't love you and I never will, because I love someone else ❞ Ian said to Alison, hi... More

My Husband's Girl
Introduction of Characters
Epigraph
Book - 1
1.1 - Alison Cullen
1.2 - Letting him go
1.3 - Helping him
1.4 - S.O.S Meeting
1.5 - Asking Him
1.6 - Drowning Sorrows
1.7 - Her Feelings
1.8 - Her Outburst
1.9 - The Gala [ I ]
1.10 - The Gala [ II ]
1.11 - Trip to Miami
1.12 - The Holiday
1.13 - Beach Day
1.14 - The Accident
1.15 - Aiden Clarke
1.16 - The Surprise
1.17 - His Jealousy
1.18 - The Kiss
1.19 - Happy Wedding Anniversary
1.20 - The Bacheloratte Night
1.21 - The Wedding
1.22 - Goodbyes
1.23 - The Funeral
1.24 - Sapphire Kingsley
Book - 2
Introduction Of Characters
2.1 - Her New Life
2.2 - His Proposal
2.3 - Nathan
2.4 - His Blue Eyes
2.5 - Alison or Sapphire?
2.6 - Dine With The Cullens
Extra - 1
2.7 - The Dinner
2.8 - Visit to the Doctor
2.9 - The Baby Shower.
2.10 - The Phone Call.
2.11 - The Ride.
Extra - 2
2.12 - The Storm
2.13 - The DNA Test
2.14 - Goodbye Dinner
2.16 - His Arrival
2.17 - New Home
2.18 - The Talk
2.19 - Comforting Him
2.20 - The Note
Extra - 3
2.21 - The Carnival
2.22 - Treasure Hunt [ I ]
2.23 - Treasure Hunt [ II ]
2.24 - Let the Game Begin.
2.25 - Partner in Crime
2.26 - A Day with Emily
2.27 - The Baby
2.28 - Story of Alison Cullen
2.29 - Taking a Break
2.30 - The Kidnapping
2.31 - Saved and Lost
2.32 - The Decision
Epilogue
A/N
Bonus Chapter - 1
Author's Note
FAQ

2.15 - The Interview.

224K 7.5K 437
By aasthamishra_

Playlist :

Believe - Mumford and Sons.

Alison/Sapphire

One week.

That's all time my life took to turn upside down. A week ago I couldn't even imagine my life will come at this point. Turning my head, I looked at Ryker and Raine who was scowling at each other and shoving the piece of bread in their mouths.

No! I can't give up. I need to be strong for my kids. I will get us through this situation no matter what.

A week ago I had everything a person need in his life. Happiness, a friend.. heck I even had a job and a place that I can call mine but unfortunately today I don't. I don't have anything of the above. Caleb is still in New York working hard for his first hotel. I can't tell him and add this to his pile of tension. Everytime I FaceTime him, he looks tired and worried. I tried to explain him to take care of himself. Only if he'll listen to me.

"Come on kids! Time for school." Mrs.Smith said and the kids got down of the chair to get their backpack.

"Thankyou Mrs.Smith for letting us stay." I said and looked at the women with nothing but gratitude in my eyes. It's said that the true intentions of a person is only known when you're going through a bad time and I'm glad Mrs.Smith is not among those who will leave your side during those days.

"Nonsense! I love you and those kids. You can stay here for as long as you can." She said and walked towards her purse. Taking her wallet she walked in my direction and handed me a hundred dollar bill. I shook my head in denial. "No! I can't take it." I said.

"Take it. Hire a cab today. You've got an interview to rock." She winked at me. I sighed heavily and gave her a tight lipped smile. "Mommy?" Ryker called out while standing at the door with his sister, waiting for me to join them. "Coming!" I said and looked back at Mrs.Smith

"Thanks again" I hugged her and said a goodbye while following my kids towards the elevator. I stopped in front of the door that had 805A written on it. This was my home. A home I made a lot of memories in but now it's someone else's. I sighed again and rode the elevator down. The heels of my formal sandals clicked on the pavement as I walked towards the bus stop. The walk was of five minutes but my kids kept me entertained by their banter of who is more smart, Dory or Nemo.

We got on the bus and the ride towards their school was about 10 minutes. Luckily they didn't whined because we had to stand for the whole ride. The bus stopped near their school and we got down. I waved them goodbye and watched them go. After they disappeared from my sight I quickly walked back to the bus stop and got on the bus. Luckily a gentleman stood up after five minutes and gave me his seat. I smiled at him and mumbled a 'thanks' before sitting. Lack of workout was taking a toll on me.

Looking out of the window I started feeling nostalgic for the past events.

After three days of Caleb and Ian's departure I recieved a news in the middle of the night that the cafe was burnt to the ground. The police said it was because of a short circuit but I knew better since I could smell the gasoline but the police said it was because of the kitchen appliances and I said it was bullshit, not literally but I did said it in my mind. It was clear the police was covering something but why? As far as I can remember I don't have any enemies.

When I returned home I found my landlord with a couple inside our house and were looking around. When I asked him what was it, he said he is selling the house to the couple. I said to him he can't do it since I'm still leaving there, he just gave me two days to pack my stuff and leave the house. When I asked him why he is doing this, I use to pay the rent on time, wasn't that what all the landlords want? He just sighed looking at my face and left.

Luckily Marie arrived the next day from her native home and took Nathan away. She is really a nice woman and I trusted her with Nathan so I let him go. Later I decided to go to the bank and withdraw some money so I can find a rental home but there I got the biggest shock of all.

Yes, there was something else bigger then all this.

All my money has been withdrawed leaving only two hundred dollars behind. When I reported to the police they just brushed me off by saying they'll investigate and let me know if they find something. I thought I could live with the insurance money of my cafe but they are saying they need sometime to give me that money.

I have no idea why all this is happening to me. I didn't even imagine in my wildest dreams for all of this to happen but I guess I was wrong. I realised one thing, good days doesn't last for long but I also know that bad days doesn't last forever. I'll get over this phase. I believe in myself. I have to, for my kids. I can't make them stay with me on the streets. No matter what happens, I'm not going to let my kids suffer. I have to get this job.

Even though Mrs.Smith said I can take a cab, I preferred the bus because I need to save money as much as I can.

As soon as my stop came I got out of the bus. Walking for about 20 minutes I finally found the restaurant. I looked at the building in front of me. To say I was impressed would be an understatement but then again, what did I except? Sizzle is one of the popular restuarants in Chicago. Yesterday evening I read the advertisement where they need a pastry chef. I hope I will get this job because the pay is high and I need it.

I stepped inside and looked in the mirror. I looked like a mess. Not at all like a person who is here for an interview. I need to clean up. A girl came by my side and asked with a polite smile "Can I help you miss?" I looked at her and smiled back.

"Actually I'm here for an interview." I said. "For pâtisserie?" She asked with what looked like relief and glee. My smile flatter a little but I nodded. "Oh great! Please come." She said and wrapped her painted nails around my arm and started pulling me inside. We stopped in, what looked like a sitting area. "I'll go call the head chef." She said and was about to leave but stopped when I called her. "Yes?" She asked. "Can you please tell me where is the washroom?" I asked. "Oh yes, take a right from the corner and the last door." She answered and walked off. I quickly made my way towards the washroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror again and sighed heavily. The first thing I did was to remove the killer heels. I'm a flats person and these heels are the only thing that's motivating me to get this day over with so I can go home and throw them aside.

Later I wiped my face with the makeup wipe to get rid of everything that's manage to get stuck on my face during my journey here and splashed some cold water on my face. "I knew I will need you." I mumbled while removing the concealer and applied it to cover the bags under my eyes. I quickly applied mascara on my lashes and some liner before applying a coat of pink lipstick and brushed my hair. Still not satisfied I tied it up in a tight high ponytail and looked again at my reflection. Once satisfied I shoved everything back in my bag and wore those heels.

As I was about to walk out of the door, the door opened and in entered the person that made my upper lip curl up in displeasure. I so never wished to meet her but looks like the gods have turned their backs on me.

"Ms.Kingsley." Ashley greeted while looking at me up and down.

"Ashley." I greeted back with the annoyance clear on my face. "I said you to call me Mrs.Cullen." she said through clenched teeth. "And I said that there is nothing in you that deserve my respect." I answered. She glared at me then her features changed. She looked away and chuckled. "You've changed." She mumbled.

"I'm still the same girl you met at Ian's home." I said and didn't bother to say it was her home too because I knew for a fact it wasn't. She doesn't even like the house to begin with.

"Oh girl! You'll know someday." She said like she knew something I didn't. I'm so sick of that look. "Anyways.." she trailed off looking at my attire of pencil skirt and a tucked in button up shirt.

"Looking for a job?" She asked with a smirk. I frowned at her. Was I that obvious? Or really people come here dressed in pencil skirts and shirt for interviews, I don't think so.

"How do you know?" I asked suspiciously.

"Darling, I know everything." She said with a smug look. "I do have a job, do you want it?" She asked. "What kind of a job?" I asked with furrowed brows. "We are running out of maids. You can solve our dilemma." She amswered with that smirk that makes me want to remove my heels and poke her eyeballs out.

Woah Sapphire, violent much?

My lips curled up and I looked at her "I'm sorry but I can't. I don't work for trolls." I replied. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a a interview to rock." I added, repeating Mrs.Smith's words, with a lopsided grin. Her smirk turned into a scowl at my words. She flipped her hair and walked past me towards the sink.

"Word of advice, watch your step and don't trust anyone." she said while looking at my reflection in the mirror with a serious look that I didn't even know her face can hold. Honestly I have only seen that woman either scowling or smirking.

"Thanks?" I said but it came out as a question. I quickly exited the washroom and breathed in the fresh air. The room was getting suffocating with every single second I spent in there. I walked back to the sitting area and luckily the girl wasn't back. I sat for few minutes, looking around, when the girl returned. Now that I look at her, she was probably in her twienties with her red hair in a sleek bun with a pencil skirt and a white shirt with a waistcoat. She wore a badge that had her name Amanda Menezes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name" she said looking at me with her green eyes. "Sapphire Kingsley." I answered. "Okay Ms.Kingsley come in. The chef will take your interview now" she said and turned around to walk and disappeared behind the double doors. I took a deep breath and followed behind her. My eyes widened a little when I saw it was the main kitchen. There was great hussle in here. Pots and pans clanking among each other and people running around to get everything on time. Will I be able to blend myself in this hussle? In my cafe there was no such rush.

Nervousness began to bubble inside me and I began fidgeting with my teardrop necklace. It always comforts me but today there was no such luck for me.

"Ms.Kingsley?" Amanda called my name. I snapped my head at her and nodded. I walked behind her through another double doors that lead to another kitchen. How many kitchens are there?

"Chef, here is she." Amanda said. The person dressed in white chef coat turned around. A look from him and I was beyond nervous. My neck was slightly tilted so that I can look at him in the eye.

My eyes slightly widened when I saw Chef Steven Moss in front of me. He was a well known chef and one my favourites. With a height of 6'5, Chef Steven had brow hair with dark eyes and a slight stubble. His features were pretty intimidating in real life then the interviews on TV and books.

"So you are the one who is interested in taking the position of our pâtisserie?" He asked. I nodded my head and quickly realised how dumb I looked while nodding with my mouth open. I quickly shut my mouth and composed myself. "Yes chef." I said.

He walked away without saying anything. What? Am I hired? Oh my god! Don't tell me I am rejected without even getting a chance to prove myself. I looked at Amanda who only shrugged in reply. I sighed in relief when Chef Steven came back but with a white apron in his hand. "Wear it quickly. I don't have much time to waste." He said.

"What?" I asked dumbly. Seriously, I should hit myself with my heel right now.

Chef Steven sighed and pulled the bridge of his nose. "Did you think I'll sit behind a chair and look through thay thick file of yours and ask you bunch of questions? I need taste not papers. So wear that apron and get behind the counter." He snapped.

My brain was a fuzz right now. I seem to hear his thoughts but my brain was being a snail to process it all. "Come on! I don't have all day." He almost yelled. I snapped out of my daze. Amanda walked in front of me and stood between the chef and me. "Take a deep breathe Sapphire! There's nothing you need to be afraid of." She said and I blinked rapidly. I took a deep breathe. She smiled warmly at me and took my bag and file from my hand, giving me the apron she stood in the side.

I wore the white apron around my neck and stood behind the counter. "You know what this is?" Chef Steven asked whilst pointing towards a baking tray with a baked red velvet sponge cake in it. I hold back myself from rolling my eyes at him. "Sponge red velvet cake." I answered. "Good. One of our customer wants red velvet cake but not a cake." He said. I frowned in confusion. "You need to make something that's main ingredient is that" he pointed towards the tray. "The catch? You can only use four or five ingredients the most. You have exactly 20 minutes. He's still on his starters. So work fast." He said and walked outside the doors. "Stay and keep a watch." He said to Andrea before disappearing behind the doors.

"Come on. Start working. You don't have much time." Amanda said and sat on the side counter with my bag and file on her side.

I nodded and washed my hands neatly before getting to work. "I know what I have to do." I mumbled to myself and started crushing the sponge cake into crumbs. I added cream cheese and mini choco chips before mixing it again. Taking a scooper I scooped some in my hand and made a ball. Dipping it in melted chocolate I kept it on a tray. I made as many as I can and kept it in the freezer. I looked at the clock. Just as one minute was left before my deadline I removed one tray. Luckily the chocolate hardened well. I drizzled while chocolate on it and placed it in a bowl.

The door bursted open and entered Chef Steven. He looked around at the clean kitchen and raised a brow. His eyes then landed on me and then on the red velvet bites in front of me.

"Take the order." He said. "But sir -" the man protested but the chef cut him off by raising his hand. He flicked his hand and the man nodded before taking my bowl outside. He didn't even taste them. What if it's horrible and the customer complains? If the customer is a big man, he'll ruin my cooking career even before it started.

"Steven!" Amanda called but he just shook his head at her.

Steven? Shouldn't she refer to him as chef? But my mind was too busy to think about that. My hand went towards my necklace and I twirled it around waiting patiently for the result. The door opened and three heads snapped at the direction.

"What happened?" Amanda asked. My heart was beating loudly in my chest. I shut my eyes tightly and held on my necklace like it was my last lifeline.

Please say I got the job.

*****

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

I can't believe myself that I'm updating two chapters on the same day. What can I say, I love you guys too much.

I hope you guys like it though. Things are getting really bad for Alison. What do you guys think, who did this? Or is it really her bad luck?

What happens when Caleb will learn about all this or when Ian will come to know about this?

Next update on Saturday at 12:00 p.m IST.

Have a great day ahead,
All love,
Aastha.

Emma Stone as Amanda Menezes

Chef Cory Vitiello as Chef Steven Moss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

535K 26K 72
*NOT EDITED* This story is about three couples.... ................... ""Get ready," he said, noticing her fierce expression. "I won't be getting re...
787K 38.9K 41
"Mr. Raichand, happy independence day. You have been eating my head since day one to get these papers signed and today I have finally granted your wi...
18.7K 1.2K 50
|||18+||| She's everything he's ever wanted and waited for and that, scares the shit out of him. He can rip the world apart with his bare hands if t...
2M 64.7K 40
"Ian? Please. Why are you not answering me?" Lisa shouted raising her voice to probably gain his attention. "You want to know the truth?" Ian replied...