There's a Thin Line Between L...

Von brxanna

Jesse has never been great with words, especially when it came to the girl who stole his heart the second the... Mehr

Jesse's POV (1)
Jesse's POV (2)
Jesse's POV (3)
Jesse's POV (4)
Jesse's POV (5)
Jesse's POV (6)
Jesse's POV (7)
Jesse's POV (8)
Jesse's POV (9)
Jesse's POV (10)
Jesse's POV (11)
Jesse's POV (12)
Jesse's POV (13)
Jesse's POV (14)
Jesse's POV (15)
Jesse's POV (16)
Jesse's POV (18)
Jesse's POV (19)
Jesse's POV (20)
Jesse's POV (22)
Jesse's POV (23)
Jesse's POV (24)
Jesse's POV (25)
Jesse's POV (26)
Jesse's POV (27)
Jesse's POV (28)
Jesse's POV (29)
Jesse's POV (30)
Jesse's POV (31)
Jesse's POV (32)
Jesse's POV (33)
Jesse's POV (34)
Jesse's POV (35)
Jesse's POV (36)
Jesse's POV (37)
Jesse's POV (38)
Jesse's POV (42)
Jesse's POV (43)
Jesse's POV (44)
Jesse's POV (45)
Jesse's POV (Epilogue)

Jesse's POV (21)

9K 331 11
Von brxanna

"Are you alright, staying here alone?" Alex asked me as he was getting ready to leave the cabin. I waved him off, feeling completely terrible. I was right when I felt myself coming down with something. It was unusual, because I was almost never sick. It just appeared.

"I'm just going to sleep it off," I mumbled into my pillow. Alex shuffled around for a bit, mumbling something, but leaving the cabin soon after. My head was feeling heavy. Hopefully I'd just get a few hours of peaceful, quiet sleeping.

I didn't dream much, but I woke up a few times during the day. For the most time, I was in bed.

I was in the middle of sleeping when I heard the cabin door open, my first thought was that it was a dream. But when I heard muffled voices in the background, I knew someone was in here. I couldn't even finish my hypothesis about who was in my room, because someone was pulling on my shoulder.

I started thinking of the worst scenario possible. That Hunter had probably sent someone here to kill me while I was sleeping and defenseless. But, when I thought about him getting anywhere near Jordan-

I let out a shout, sitting up in my bed quickly. My breathing was jagged as I looked around the room. Aimee smiled when she saw me, a piece of paper playing in her hands. Then my eyes landed on Jordan, who was looking confused and concerned. I chuckled, seeing as she was okay. My head fell back to my pillow.

"Are you alright?" Jordan asked me, rubbing her arms. "What happened?"

"Nothing, just a nightmare," I let out a breath, rubbing a hand over my eyes. "Nothing important..."

Jordan looked like she didn't believe me, but she didn't say anything. Her eyes scanned me, and I remembered how sick I was. I didn't want her to catch this cold as well.

"Well, Jesse," Aimee giggled and put a paper into my hand. "This is an invitation to my party on Saturday! You can bring anyone you want!"

"Anyone, huh?" My eyes read over the every word printed on the paper. Jordan rolled her eyes, looking more than unamused about the entire thing.

"Yep! Anyone you want!"

I turned my head toward Jordan. "Are you going, Emery?"

Jordan crossed her arms over her chest and shrugged. "Nope. I guess I'm just not popular enough for these types of parties."

"You got that right," Aimee sneered, sticking out her tongue. Jordan just rolled her eyes at this gesture.

"But that doesn't mean I'd go even if you did invite me."

"I can bring anyone, right?" I cut off their conversation, causing both girls to look at me in surprise. "Anyone I want?"

Aimee giggled again, playing with her hair. "Yep!"

My head titled up slightly, so I could look Jordan straight in the eyes. "Want to go with me, Emery?"

Jordan stood in silence with her eyes wide.

"What? Jesse!" Aimee whined, stomping against the wooden floor. "Why her?"

My hand grabbed onto Jordan's wrist as I pulled her to my side. I put my arm over her shoulders. I tried to hide the sickening sound in my voice as I said, "She's my girlfriend, remember? I'd want my girlfriend to go to a party I go to. And you even said I could bring anyone I wanted."

Aimee's eyes furrowed, but Jordan had a smug smile on her face. "Fine!" She snapped and walked over to the door. "But don't expect me to be nice to the bitch! Because I definitely won't!"

She slammed the door, and I took my arm away from Jordan, wanting to get as far away from her as possible. I hoped she wouldn't catch this cold. I couldn't help but look at the hurt expression she had on her face as I moved away from her.

"I'm sick, Emery," I explained, not wanting her to think I was using her or something like that. "You should leave before you get sick, too."

"Um, okay," she responded flatly. Jordan stood up, but didn't move from that position. Instead, she turned around and pulled the blankets around my body properly. I gave her a look of confusion, to which she only rolled her eyes.

"You took care of me when I was sick, so now I'm going to take care of you."

"You don't have to do that, Emery," I tried sitting up, but she placed her hands on my shoulders and forced me back down as gently as possible. "I'm not that sick."

"Too bad. I'm taking care of you," Jordan argued, sticking out her tongue playfully. "Whether you like it or not."

I rolled my eyes and waved her back a little. "Fine, but stay away a little. I don't want you getting sick, too. I can't even breathe through my nose at all. I don't even know how this happened. I never get sick."

Jordan shrugged. "Same with me. It's just random sometimes, you know?"

"Exactly. Same with me," I smirked. Jordan smiled, making me feel better already.

"Make sure to have a swim suit for Aimee's party," I told her, shuffling under the sheets. "It's a pool party."

Jordan was taken aback, her eyes widened greatly. "A p-pool party?"

"What's the matter, Emery? Can't swim?" I teased, smirking a little.

"N-No!" Jordan laughed nervously, making me raise an eyebrow. "Of course I can swim!"

"Uh-huh, sure you can."

"Want some soup?" She offered, changing the subject. Jordan grabbed a chair from the desk I had by my bed. "I'll try to make it just like my grandma used to when I got sick... It always made me feel better when I was little, and when you made it that one time I felt better after, too..."

She trailed off, her smile faltered. "You okay?" I asked. "Don't think about Hunter, okay? You're safe. I promise you that he'll be thrown in jail for what he did to your grandma, alright?"

Jordan nodded, forcing a small smile on her face. "I'll go make your soup," she spoke, jumping up from the chair and walking toward the door. "I'll be back as soon as I can."

She left the room before I could say anything else. My head fell back to my pillow, and I wondered how long it would take for her to come back. Thankfully, she didn't take as I long as I did when I was making her soup.

I heard the cabin door open once again and I smiled as Jordan walked in, bowl of soup in hand, a faint blush dusted across her cheeks.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I saw Jordan sitting at the kissing booth, looking into the crowd with a shocked look on her face. No one was in line for the booth, so I thought it'd be a good time to show up. I sat down on the chair in front of her, but she didn't do anything.

"Hello, Emery," I greeted, expecting to see her smile or glare, one of the two. But, she didn't even acknowledge me. "Emery? Emery?"

Jordan blinked and shook her head slightly. Her gaze locked with mine for a second as she rubbed her eyes with her hands. After she realized something, she looked up at me again.

"You have five minutes," I looked to the clock at her side. Then I smirked, asking, "You kiss any hot guys?"

"No," Jordan shook her head, and I hoped she was being honest. "No one."

"So it's a dollar, huh?" I asked, looking at the price. The smirk was still on my face as I put a hand into my pocket and pulled out the bill. "So what would a twenty get me?"

Jordan stared at the money in shock, not knowing what to do.

"It would get you twenty kisses," Jordan answered, leaning over the booth slightly so she could be closer to me. Her eyes didn't leave mine as she smiled flirtatiously. It reminded me of the way Aimee smiled, but Jordan actually made it look cute. "Do you want twenty kisses?"

"Sure, Emery," I smirked, handing her twenty dollars. Twenty kisses...

She took the money and placed it in the jar as quickly as possible, her eyes still wide. I watched as Jordan leaned over, smiling slightly. Her lips pressed against mine, just for a few seconds.

"One," Jordan counted after she pulled away, her lips still close to mine. She leaned over once more, her lips against mine for a little bit longer now.

"T-Two," she stuttered, blushing a little bit. Her breathing was a little off, but I wasn't done just yet. In fact, I hardly started. This was taking too long.

I put my hands on either side of her head, pulling her closer to me. Our lips met, and I couldn't believe this was happening, this was actually happening. I've been waiting for this for too long. An actual kiss, one where the both of us were kissing each other. After four years, I've finally received one of those kisses. One I've been craving since the day I met her.

My hands tangled in her hair and she didn't push away. She could've, any time she wanted, but she didn't.

When we finally did break away, the both of us were out of breath. If I could do that seventeen more times, I would pass out. But, I was okay with that. Because it was Jordan. She took my breath away anyways from just looking in my direction.

"Three," Jordan managed to say, before she leaned forward again. Our lips were close, but they didn't touch, because someone began screaming Jordan's name.

"Jordan! Jordan!" The person shouted, making the both of us pull away as quickly as we possibly could. We both looked over to see Lexi running over to us. She was red and it looked as though she had an allergic reaction to something.

"What happened?" Jordan jumped out of the chair, knocking it over in the process. "What happened, Lexi?"

"I got stung by a bee!" She cried out, covering her face with her hands. Jordan's eyes widened as she thought about something to do.

"Jesse," she let out a breath, turning to me. Her cheeks were red, but I wasn't sure if it was because of our kisses, or the fact that Lexi needed to get to the nurse's as quickly as possible.

"Tell the people at the dunk tank that I'll be there to take Lexi's place as soon as I can, alright?" Jordan continued. "I'm going to take her to the nurse to help her."

"Alright," I nodded, as she went away with Lexi. I turned around, and began walking in the other direction. I didn't get very far, because Jordan shouted, "Thank you!"

I turned around and saw the smile playing on her face. I returned one, shouting back, "You still owe me seventeen kisses!"

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

227K 12.8K 55
Jordan Santos' life has never been easy and to her as the years went by it seemed to get harder and harder. She lost faith in people and life to the...
19.1K 465 24
When your a wolf you have ranks which is your place in the pack. Meet Jordan Steal she's your badass werewolf. She's the daughter of an alpha. But n...
4M 73.1K 56
Emery Ashford had a smart mouth. She was known for it. As an outgoing teenager Emery was always hanging out with friends and with a lack of filter sh...
211K 9.5K 41
Raegan Hunter is complicated. She's been through the worst. She has layers. She's terrified of uncertainty and change and she's made a habit in avoi...