Happier

By highfairyy

❝ suddenly i'm drowning in the things i never told you.❞ ✵ A story where a seventeen year old girl moves int... More

I N T R O D U C T I O N
P R O L O G U E
➸ ONE
➸ TWO
➸ THREE
➸ FOUR
➸ FIVE
➸ SIX
➸ SEVEN
➸ EIGHT
➸ NINE
➸ TEN
➸ ELEVEN
➸ TWELVE
➸ THIRTEEN
➸ FOURTEEN
➸ FIFTEEN
➸ SIXTEEN
➸ SEVENTEEN
➸ EIGHTEEN
➸ NINETEEN
➸ TWENTY
➸ TWENTY TWO
➸ TWENTY THREE
➸ TWENTY FOUR
➸ TWENTY FIVE
➸ TWENTY SIX
➸ TWENTY SEVEN
➸ TWENTY EIGHT
➸ TWENTY NINE
➸ THIRTY
➸ THIRTY ONE
➸ THIRTY TWO
➸ THIRTY THREE
➸ THIRTY FOUR
➸ THIRTY FIVE
➸ THIRTY SIX
➸ THIRTY SEVEN
➸ THIRTY EIGHT
➸ THIRTY NINE
➸ FORTY
➸ FORTY ONE
➸ FORTY TWO
➸ FORTY THREE
➸ FORTY FOUR
➸ FORTY FIVE
➸ FORTY SIX
➸ FORTY SEVEN
➸ FORTY EIGHT
➸ FORTY NINE
➸ FIFTY
➸ FIFTY ONE
➸ FIFTY TWO
➸ FIFTY THREE
➸ FIFTY FOUR
➸ FIFTY FIVE
➸ FIFTY SIX
➸ FIFTY SEVEN | 1M
➸ FIFTY EIGHT
➸ FIFTY NINE
➸ SIXTY
➸ SIXTY ONE | A/N
➸ SIXTY TWO
➸ SIXTY THREE
➸ SIXTY FOUR
➸ SIXTY FIVE

➸ TWENTY ONE

47.6K 1.5K 1.1K
By highfairyy

Thalia's outfit ^

I have no words.

I really don't know what to say anymore. I could keep saying that I love you all and that this means the world to me but I bet you guys get tired of hearing that. I really want to show you all how much I appreciate you all for reading my book and giving it a chance, but I don't know how to. As you can see, I haven't been giving out shoutouts lately because I can't see every comment and every vote.

With that being said, I found a new way for me to notice you all. All you have to do is message me saying one goal that you have, any goal. Or tell me one thing you love about yourself, we struggle to pass around love to each other and ourselves so let's start small and just create self-love first.

30K guys, y'all are crazy.
#71 in Teen Fiction, you guys are the love of my life, I swear.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

I sat on one of the white chairs that stood by the kitchen island, eating my eggs peacefully while Nonna sat in front of me drinking her coffee. It was times like this where I really love just taking the moment in. The weather was beautiful today, not crazy hot, the breeze was still flowing around freely. I looked at Nonna, loving the way her small die-shaped eyes finally had that hopeful glint again. I'm glad she came over this morning since she was suppose to still be at Rileys house but I guess Mason is taking care of their cousin.

"It's rude to stare, Thalia." She said, smiling down at her coffee then looking at me accusingly. I didn't care, I would stare at her all day if I needed to.

"You just look so much like mom." The words spewed out of my mouth mindlessly and I froze. I tried my hardest not to look at her reaction but once I heard her sharp intake, I couldn't help myself. I looked at her threw my lashes, not bringing my head up fully to make direct eye contact. Her lip quivered but she kept a strong face, almost holding herself back from breaking down.

I've never talked to anyone about them. People would try and have me spill out everything that was going on in my brain; they tried to have me let them in. But I refused, at the time even if I wanted to talk to someone, no words could help me explain. I've never even said their names, it was too difficult to say.

I guess not in this case because I didn't feel the regular tug in my heart, instead I felt at ease that I still had a apart of my mom with me. I only had two things that she left for me, her ring and Nonna.

"Oh, Thalia." She said softly, failing at holding herself back from crying and I jumped off my chair and made my way to her side. I pulled her into a hug and took a deep breath. She let tears escape and I stood there, willing to stand in this position for as long as she needed me to.

"I shouldn't be the one crying, you've had it worse." I pulled back and shook my head at her.

"Saying someone has it worse is like saying, 'yeah you have it good but other people have it better.'" I said to her, putting my hands on her shoulders and looking into her eyes comfortingly. "You lost them too, you have every right to grieve. You lost as much as I did."

"How do you keep it in so well? I try so hard to be tough and brave for you but I just can't. Every night I think of the pain you went threw, I try to imagine what you saw and it splits me in half, Thalia." She breathes in slowly and puts her face in her heads.

I bit the inside of my lip, looking out of the window. "I just still have this stupid hope in my heart that's it's all a dream. It's all fake and that I'll wake up one day with dad coming in with breakfast that he says he made, but we all know mom cooked it." I said closing my eyes and keeping them closed for a few seconds. I snapped out it and rubbed her back.

The doorbell rang making me jump at the sudden noise and I looked at Nonna questioningly. She quickly collected her herself and wiped her face, hiding any trace of her break down. After a few seconds she looked the same as she did in the previous moments before my stupid mouth ruined both of our calm moods.

She rolled her eyes when the doorbell continued ringing and I had a thought of who it might be. I walked behind her as she made her way to the door, opening it fully with a hand in her hip, looking at Ethan with her eyebrows raised. Behind Ethan, I saw the other four boys making their way up to the door and I could see Riley exiting her house that was just across the street from mine.

"Heidi, you look amazing." Ethan said cheekily going in for a hug and Nonna shook her head smiling, hugging him back. The boys came in line and each greeted Nonna in a warm manner. Riley finally made it to our door step also going in to attack Nonna in a hug.

"Well I see who you guys really came here for." I joked, but that grabbed their attention immediately and I was attacked in a group hug. I stumbled as I felt pairs of arms wrap around me and hug tightly.

I looked down at Riley who hugged me tightly then let go and walked into my kitchen without another word. I stared at her back as she disappeared into the room filled with food. I turned my attention back on the rest of the people that like to randomly show up at my house.

"Why are you guys here?" I asked, looking at each of them. Austin's hand shot ip to his chest, feigning hurt.

"Do you not want us here?" He asked, jokingly being offended. My eyes are probably the most exercised part of my body as I do around a hundred eye rolls a day.

"No." I said straight faced but broke into a small smile when Austin shoved me gently. I looked at each of them individually, all of them matching in the same style of clothes as usual. Black or blue jeans and either a white, grey or black t-shirt to go along with it. Ethan was really the only one who wore colour like red, dark green, blue, etc. Nathan, of course, was the dullest dressed of the five.

"We're going to the fair, remember?" Emmett said, his voice coming from my left side and I looked up at his tall frame, just now remembering Ethan's wish for all of us to go today. I nodded and looked at Riley who ate a pop tart beside me, having her bag on her arm. Everyone seemed ready to get up and go, making me look down at my outfit which was some light washed, blue ripped jeans and a black crop top. I approved of my simple outfit and grabbed a flannel that was thrown over a chair just a couple steps away from me. I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed my wallet from the living room table, than I began to put on my shoes.

Everyone looked at me as I went around getting ready while I looked up at them expectantly. "Are we going?" They snapped out of it and exited out of the door one by one. I soon followed after kissing Nonna goodbye on the cheek. I ran outside and there were two cars ready to set off. Emmett's car which had Austin, Ethan and Riley and then Nathan's car which had Carter in the front seat. I walked over to Nathan's sexy ass car that I'm insanely jealous of, and hopped into the backseat.

Nathan drove off as soon as I entered. "Yeah that's right, beat them there." Carter said looking back at Emmett's car behind us. Nathan rolled his captivating eyes at Carter's comment but sped nonetheless, and funnily enough, we soon got a call from Ethan.

"I knew it." Nathan said as he answered his phone that was hooked up to his car so Ethan's voice boomed all throughout the car.

I winced when I heard Ethan's voice. "Pardon me, but what do you think you're doing?" He said and I looked behind us, attempting to see them through the car windows and I could briefly catch the sight of Ethan in the drivers seat, glaring at Nathan's car.

"Beating your ass to the fair, that's what." Carter said, not raising his head from his phone screen as he did so. I noticed he was very frequently on his phone, I wonder if he has a girlfriend. Anyway, it just be someone important from how much of his day he spends texting that person— or multiple people.

"Hear that Emmett?" Ethan said and I turned back around to look at them. I could see Emmett nodding slowly.

"Oh, he's asking for it." Emmett's voice piped up and I looked at Nathan's face, which just screamed boredom. Then there was Carter who finally shut off his phone and grinned at Emmett's challenge.

"It's on, boys." He said and looked at Nathan to speed up, and he did which resulted in Ethan ending the phone call. I sat back in my seat and smiled while I looked out of the window. God, car drives are my favourite thing ever. Especially when the car window is down and your just cruising through the streets while the scenery flys past your eyes. It just gives me butterflies in my stomach, adoring what we had left of nature.

Nathan turned the car swiftly as we entered a new road and I looked at Carter who grabbed the aux cord, plugging it into his phone. I watched as he scrolled down his music, finally stopping at a song, peaking over at Nathan as a loud base hit our eardrums. Pills and Automobiles by Chris Brown started playing and Carter started dancing, the music getting him hype.

I laughed as he milly rocked and Nathan joined when we stopped at a red light. I took out my phone instantly and started recording them dancing, in a surprisingly good way, to the song. I don't know why I'm shocked in anyway, they look like they would be good dancers.

Nathan saw me recording him and he turned to the camera specifically and started lip syncing. I laughed loudly when he dabbed in front of the camera. Why does he look good doing any dance move? They calmed down after a couple seconds and Nathan went back to driving us to the fair.

Carter turned the music down but still continued playing songs. Emmett's car suddenly appeared beside ours and he rolled down his window.

"Do you really think you could beat me?" Emmett said cockily, resulting in Carter shooting him a dry stare. I laughed loudly when Carter simply waved and the car flew forward. I looked at the back of Nathan's head incredulously, loving the way the boys interact with each other. Damn, I've never experienced something like this, but that's understandable since I never really put myself out there to make friends.

My phone made a noise as I got text message and out of no where, my phone is taken out of my hands. I looked at Carter and reached forwards to get it back but it was too late, he already opened the message and was now replying to whoever texted me. I didn't care because it was either Nonna, Riley or the one of the guys.

He chuckled and handed it back after he finished his random stunt.

Austin
I can't believe you're apart of these shenanigans. 

Thalia
Stop sliding in Tahlia's DMs, asswipe

Austin
Carter you're actually such a whore.

Thalia
mmmmmkay, bye you rat

I read over the texts, shaking my head at them both and I was about to reply and send my own message when the car smoothly stopped into a parking lot. I looked out of the window and my eyes widened at all the huge rollercoasters and rides that came into view. I narrowed my eyes at a blue, very high rollercoaster, trying to remember why I'm getting such a giddy feeling. Have I been here before?

Nathan looked at me expectantly as the car door next to me opened. He held it open and waited for me to exit and I did so quickly so I didn't look like a weirdo just staying in the car and staring at that mysterious rollercoaster. He closed the door behind me and locked the car then stuffing his keys in his front jean pocket, leaving his hands in the pockets as he started walking to the front of the fair. Emmett's car pulled up and parked near Nathan's, the boys coming out grumpily while Riley skipped over to me happily.

She hugged me and I took a step back, not expecting it. "It's been too long my friend, way too long." She said while she clung onto me.

"Riley, it's been like twenty minutes." I said, finally giving into her hug and hugging her back then pushing her away from me. She pouted but then kissed her teeth sassily.

"I'm not hugging you ever again since you don't appreciate my love." She said, crossing her arms and walking away.

"No, come back! Can I have a hug?" I called out and she turned out immediately.

"Yes, of course!" She said flinging herself at me again which caused the guys to chuckle at her strange behaviour. I turned my attention to the boys as they started walking to the stands where you pay for a wristband. I saw children running around happily, loving the fact that they get to spend a day at probably the funnest place for them. I'm so glad that today was not burning hot weather, instead it was there was a breeze and the sky was mostly clear.

We waited in line to get our wristbands when Ethan spoke up suddenly. "You only won because Emmett drives at grandma speed." He shot Emmett a look of annoyance and Carter chuckled.

"Yeah, okay." Carter and Nathan shared a knowing look. Ethan scoffed and rolled his eyes, stubbornly looking away from everyone, clearly not liking the fact that he lost.

"Your outfit is so cute." Riley's voice said, coming from my left side as she looked at my outfit, starting at my black high top converse all the way to long wavy hair that flowed over my shoulders and stopped like four inches below my breasts.

"I know right, so cute." Austin said in a girly voice, imitating Riley and I chuckled at him. I watched Riley hit his shoulder at his impersonation of her, thinking it didn't do her any justice.

"Thank you, both." I smiled at them and turned around, realizing that we were next. Nathan, who was in front of me, went to pay and I called out to Riley to give me my wallet that was in her bag. She came up beside me and dug into her bag for it, eventually finding it just as Nathan almost finished his turn.

"Two wristbands." He said to the guy that ran this section of the stand. I looked at him confusingly, wondering why he got two. I shrugged it off and stepped forward to pay for mine just as Nathan reviewed his two wristbands. Just as I was about to greet that man that ran the stand, I was being pulled to the side and out of the line.

"What the f—" I stopped and looking at Nathan curiously as he started putting on one of his wristbands on me. "Oh, what?" I asked, not understanding why he bought me mine.

He shrugged. "They're stupidly expensive and it's your first time here, so." He dragged out the 'so' while he looked away, refusing to make eye contact with me again.

I smiled when his snapped to Ethan as he called out to Nathan. "Bitch, what the fuck? You've never paid for anything for us, can I get a free wristband too?" He asked with puppy dog eyes but Nathan just dryly stared at him.

"Can I have one too?" Austin ran to Ethan's side, following his actions.

"No." Nathan said looking at them weirdly then taking my hand, dragging me inside the fair, not waiting for the rest to come along with us. Riley ran after us and Carter along with Emmett walked behind her cooly, the three of them already done paying. After we walked a few steps further, we heard Ethan and Austin calling our names from behind us, and running footsteps along with their chants.

They made it to our side and glared at each of us. We stopped walking and started looking around us, trying to pick out a ride to go on first.

Riley suggested a ride before anyone else, looking excited as she looked at the ride 'Sailors Wind'. "Can we go on that first?" She asked us and no one objected as we started walking to the medium sized line. The ride was a long boat that swung from side to side, as people sat in the seats. One side would go up and the people screamed as it dove down in a fast manner. It looked fun to say the least.

The boys joked around while we waitedc our turn soon approaching. I took the time to look around and at my environment. It was an amazing day to be outside, I couldn't express how much I loved this weather. I loved how the wind flew around me and swirling in my open flannel. I loved how my hair would be pushed back by the wind. I loved how it brought me calmness, something I rarely had. The sky was not entertaining me with its beautiful sunsets anymore, it was regularly just a grey sky, or dark blue sky with no other colours used to compliment the darkness.

I was being pulled by Riley as she tugged me forwards and into the ride seats, choosing the second last row on the right side. The boys sat in the row behind us and thankfully no one else joined Riley and I's row. Other peopled filled into the other rows and we started to buckle ourselves in.

I, all of a sudden, felt someone tug at my hair and I guess the same happened to Riley as we both turned around looking for the culprit. All of the guys just stared at us pokerfaced, not revealing who pulled our hair gently. Directly behind me was Austin with Ethan at the very left end of the row, Nathan on his right side, then Carter and then Emmett sat directly behind Riley.

I took notice of Austins wristband that had his full name on it, causing me to reach over and pull his hand towards me.

Austin Anderson. It flowed so smoothly in my head as I read over his name.

I tugged Ethan's arm towards me next, attempting to look at each of their names as the workers went to every seat to make sure everyone was buckled in properly before starting the ride.

Ethan Cohen. My eyes widened at his name, liking how perfect the names went together.

Next was Carter, and he was a bit of a reach. He didn't make any move to help me as I tried to reach over to him, he could've just gave his arm, but no. He just has to be difficult.

Carter Manning. Damn, I was hoping he would have a weird name so I could pick a few jabs at him for it.

Emmett, thankfully behind the good person he is, reached over and showed me his wristband.

Emmett Lennon. I nodded in approval, also liking his name. Lastly, I turned to Riley and looked at her name.

Riley Carson.

"Damn, what the hell? Why do you all have such nice names?" I complained and looked at all of them.

Riley looked at me in disbelief at my statement. "I would love to have your name instead of mine. Thalia Lively, that sounds so perfect, I don't know why you're complaining." She said.

"Can we start already? Damn." Austin said as he watched the slow workers. They got to us and checked each of us then giving a thumbs up to the person that was in charge of the controls. Riley waited excitedly and then smiled widely as the ride started. It swung side to side slowly at first then sped up suddenly.

Our side went down as the opposite side flew up into the air, squealing and yelling as they were rushed downwards, sending our side flying straight up. I smiled and my eyes widened as we dove back down, butterflies erupting in my stomach from the speed. I fell in love with the ride as we continued to fly from side to side, the ride going faster by the second.

Once again, our side flew up and the boys started screaming obnoxiously behind us. I turned around and saw them with their hands up and yelling randomly. All of a sudden, Ethan stood up as we made it back to the top after previously rushing back down. I tried pulling him down in his seat but it was no use, he stayed standing as we were thrown back down. He screamed excitedly and thankfully was safe after his stupid choice.

The ride slowly made it's way to a stop a couple minutes afterwards and we all started breathing heavily. The butterflies were still clashing around in my stomach.

"Ethan, you dumbass." Emmett spoke up first.

——————

{ defiantly not edited and I won't even say sorry this time for that, I am sorry for being a lazy author tho. really sorry. }

OKAY, NUMBER ONE;
30 FUCKING K, OH MY LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING? I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REACT OR WHAT TO SAY LIKE I'M SPEECHLESS AND OVER THE DAMN MOON. I could rant about this for hours but I'll cut it short and save you any more reading.

NUMBER TWO;
#71 IN TEEN FICTION. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK.

NUMBER THREE;
I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO DEEPLY AND I'M STRUGGLING TO REALLY SHOW THAT TO Y'ALL. It's crazy how much of my heart you guys own like I swear, all of your comments and messages and votes make my day and I love everything you guys do to support me and my book. I wish I could hug you all but sadly I can't. That depresses me.

NUMBER FOUR;
Can you guys please, please, please go check out downrightdelinquents 's book, she's so talented and I love her book extremely. Please just do me a favour and check it out.

Thank you guys so much for everything.

Me trying to figure out how in the actual hell I have 30+K reads ^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 139 47
Love is strange. It exists in many forms and is one of the key components that makes humans happy, but there isn't a lot of understanding surrounding...
1.6K 384 36
*COMPLETED* Ever since Emily's twin, Emma, died in a car crash, Emily has been looking for a note that Emma used her last words to tell Emily about...
51 6 5
This story follows Kaci Ellis, an intelligent young woman entering adulthood. As she faces unexpected challenges reconnects and builds deeper relatio...
4.4M 101K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...