Crave ✔

By Daydream1011

Copyrighted 2017 *Completed* Highest rankings: #6 in Werewolf #1 in Wolves #3 in Featured He was said... More

Preface
Name Pronunciations
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 23

321K 14.8K 3.7K
By Daydream1011

Hey guys,

Please comment, vote, and follow

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 23

       There was no sign of the creepy Liberius for the next few days, but it wasn't like I saw him much before either. Still, I worried about our next little encounter- even though one of the Generals was almost glued to my side every time I left the King's wing. Eildor was by far the funniest of them all.

       "Alright, my lady! So, since I'm on official babysitting duty, why don't we do something fun!" He exclaimed loudly almost a week later, his dark eyes flashing in excitement as he practically bounced down the large hallway.

       My eyes widened as I watched him. He had the most energy I had ever seen in a single person alone. Just watching him was exhausting.

       "And now that Finn's off with the King we can do whatever we want. No babysitter for me." His always-amused voice sang as we rounded a corner. I couldn't help the laughter that bubbled from my lips at the sight of him. He was yet another of the King's Generals who could make anyone laugh simply by talking with.

       "What exactly do you find fun?" I had a sickening feeling it wasn't anything good- or considered good in the King's eyes. If he had one of his Generals basically mother the other, it had to be for a good reason.

       "Oh, a lot of things. Don't you worry about that." He said dismissively over his broad shoulder as we reached the grand marble staircase.

       He didn't bother waiting for me as he descended the steps. I shook my head with a laugh. He reminded me of an overgrown kid- or a larger version of a happy Leikos.

       "Are you coming, my lady?" Eildor called half-way down the large marble stairs. I felt an embarrassed blush heat my cheeks before I nodded and hurried quickly down the steps.

       "Okay, so breakfast first and then fun-things, yes?" He was already heading for the dining hall where I now ate with the rest of them before I could respond.

       "Um, sure..."

       Answering was pointless, he seemed like he knew exactly what we were going to do regardless of whether or not I wanted to. But it was actually pretty funny. He was more excited about his recent freedom than I did about living in the King's wing.

       Breakfast was relatively uneventful. Besides Eildor and Aleos, the other Generals were away with the King. They seemed to do that a lot- go off without much warning and disappear for hours. I didn't bother asking why anymore, I knew no one would answer.

       Eildor and I had just finished eating and were about to grab our cloaks for an 'outdoor adventure'- as the General had called it- when the banging started. Loud, consistent banging that turned into the sound of two large doors being thrashed open.

       The General and I exchanged a confused look, before we were both hurrying for the dining hall's door.

       "Emrie!" My name rang as loud as a town's bell throughout the main foyer of the castle- passing from the lips of my previous guardian. My eyes widened in surprise.

       "Lei? What are you doing here?" The furious town leader was storming into the foyer with an icy look in his dark eyes, a look I've only seen a few times before- and he was heading straight for me.

       I didn't like the determined, angry, look plastered on his face- and I couldn't help but take a few steps away from him. He was faster though and had a tight grip on my arm before Eildor and I had any time to process what was happening.

       "We are leaving. Right now."

       "What's going on?" I practically gasped as he tugged on my arm and forced me towards the entrance of the door. Eildor growled behind us.

       "You can't be here, Emrie. We need to go-"

       "Let go, before the King makes you." Eildor was suddenly blocking our departure, his voice a dark growl as his always-amused eyes looked murderously serious for once. They glared down at the man in front of me.

       I was beyond confused.

       Lei didn't pause, he didn't even seem frightened as he stood tall in front of the large General- his grip so tight in hurt. "No. I'm not afraid of your king." He snapped, his fingers like iron as they dug into my skin. I flinched at the action, and Eildor's eyes snapped over to me. His gaze narrowed, and a vicious snarl pulled from his lips.

       "You should be. You pathetic excuse of an Underling-"

       "That's enough, Eildor."

       I shouldn't have been surprised at the King's deep, hypnotic voice sounding from the top of the stairs. He always seemed to know when something was wrong in his castle. But I was surprised at the odd, tense, calm behind his tone.

       "That's not how we speak to guests." I doubted he saw Leikos as a guest. I knew the rumors about the King were just that, rumors- but that didn't mean they didn't stem from somewhere. North was not one known for mercy to those who trespass on his territory.

       "And that is not how we hold our females." His voice was suddenly in my ear, the dark growl sending chills down my spine as the heat of his body pressed against my back. I gasped. He was ridiculously fast.

       Lei's grip on my arm loosened. "I do not want any trouble. Just let me take Emrie and we will be on our way." His voice was low, calm, as his dark eyes glanced between the King and the large, angry General fuming behind him.

       I felt my stomach drop. I had just started growing closer to him, he just started opening up to me. I didn't want to leave and jeopardize all of that now.

       Besides, I didn't understand the urgency behind the town leader's eyes- or the worry written all over his face.

       He knew the King and I were mates- even if he feared they would hurt me, he should have realized that the King wouldn't allow that. And it's been months since I've been here- months. He's never once came up to the Mountain before then- or sent any kind of letter. One that I was aware of at least.

       "I'm afraid that's impossible."

       The panic in my chest eased some as North's strong hand reached up and gripped gently onto my upper arm- the same one Leikos still clung to. "This is as much her home now as it is mine." My chest tightened at his words, and I glanced over my shoulder to look into his blue eyes- but they were staring down at the man still gripping tightly onto me.

       "I am her guardian." Lei growled, the bright, glowing eyes of his shifter beginning to shine through. I gulped as I felt talons begin to scrape against my skin. I've never seen him lose control like this. It was rather frightening.

       "If I do not want her here then she leaves."

       North shifted behind me, a growl slowly rising in his strong chest as his hand left my arm to wrap slowly around my waist. "Yes, you are the one I gave her back to under the Mountain. That was my mistake- one I won't be making again." His arm around my waist tightened, his large body bending as if he were preparing to jump over me and attack Lei if need be.

       I gulped.

       What in the world was going on?

       "She is my charge!" He snarled, his fangs flashing as his eyes changed into that of his cat's- the talons in his fingers growing. I pressed myself further back into the safety of the King.

       "She is my mate. And you've kept her from me." North growled, but then his arm was twisting me so quickly and smoothly out of Lei's grip and behind his back that I didn't even have time to blink.

       My town leader snarled as North stood like a giant, furious brick wall between us. "It's my job."

       My eyes widened at Leikos's answer, my heart hammering in my chest as I stepped away from the two fuming shifter males. It was his job keeping me from the King? When was he even doing that?! It was the King who told me I couldn't be with him the first few times!

       This was all making my head spin.

       "Eildor, escort our guest to the border. I don't want to see him or his kind anywhere near the top of the Mountain again."

       "With pleasure, my lord." The General growled, his dark eyes glowing in what looked like pure hatred as his large hand latched tightly onto Leikos's shoulder. His eyes snapped to mine from behind the King.

       "The Elders never told you everything, Emrie. And he never will either."

       I could feel the color drain from my face as Eildor 'escorted' Lei from the castle, a devious smirk on his amused lips as Leikos glared up at him. That one statement pulled at my stomach in a sickening way.

       I always knew the Elders hid things- from everyone, and I knew the King and his Generals were hiding from me as well. But hearing it out loud, knowing that I would probably never know what was truly going on- was almost maddening.

       "Do not let what the Underling says upset you, Emrie." The King spoke softly without bothering to turn around, his bright blue eyes locked on the struggling duo leaving the castle. Something inside me bristled slightly.

       "I am an Underling too, North."

       He turned slowly, his eyes hard as they gazed over at me. My stomach flipped at the sudden attention. "You are my mate. That makes you more important than anyone on or beneath the Mountain."

       I glanced away from those soul-sucking eyes and ran a shaky hand through my hair. Leikos had almost seemed like he lost his mind- like it was his life's goal to get me away from the King. And North... I didn't even know about him. I sighed and shook my head before turning towards the stairs.

       "I have a headache. I'm going to go lay down for a while." I called softly behind me, whose eyes I could feel on my retreating figure as I climbed the steps. I had so much to think about, so much to work through- and I already felt like splitting my head in half with an axe.

       "Emrie..." His deep voice stopped me half-way up the stairs, the uncertainty in it caused my steps to falter. "I will check on you later."

       I was not in the mood to speak with him just then- or with anyone for that matter.

-&-

       "Bang!"

       The loud noise of something heavy falling to the ground just down the hall had me jumping in surprise. I had been staring out the window for what seemed like hours, my mind focused on the thin layer of snow just brushing across the tops of the village.

       The loud crash interrupted the silence, and I had jumped to my feet and hurried for the door, my eyes wide in alarm. It had only been a few hours since Leikos had come barging into the castle, and I spent them locked in my room thinking of everything- and nothing.

       I only ended up more confused than ever. I knew I needed to ask North about what had happened, about why Lei had been so adamant on getting me away from him. But I knew the King wouldn't tell me anything. He was never forthcoming about any sort of information.

       But I couldn't think about that now. I hurried to my door and slipped easily out into the large hallway, only for my steps to falter. The King was lying heavily on his side against the cold wooden floor, his deep voice a disgruntle growl as he tried to hold himself off the ground.

       "What happened?" I gasped before hurrying to his side, my hands practically shaking as I bent down to try and help. Dazed, blue eyes shot to mine, and a slow, brilliant smile pulled at his lips.

       "My beautiful Emrie." That dark loll in his voice tugged almost viciously at my heart, and my movements stopped as my gaze locked with his. Beautiful- He's never said anything like that to me before.

       I shook my head when his eyes started to droop, and the smile faded- like he was too tired to maintain any facial expressions. "Come on." I muttered and gripped tightly onto his large upper arm with both my hands. "You need to go lie down."

       Trying to pull him to his feet was absolutely useless. He was twice, if not three times my size, and seemed to weigh a ton. But I wasn't going to just let him fall asleep in the middle of the hallway- and he didn't seem to be moving himself anytime soon.

       "I am... so very- tired, Emrie." His voice was almost a slur once I finally got him to lean back against the wall so he was no longer lying on the ground.

       "I can see that. I don't think you wolves heal as fast as you have everyone believe." I grumbled as he leaned back against the wall with a heavy sigh. He let out a dark chuckle.

       "We do. My body is just not used to using all that power- that I... had to..." His eye lids started to droop, his head lolling to the side. My eyes widened in alarm. There was no way I could possibly let him fall asleep out here!

       "My lady! What happened?" My head snapped up when Aeyron's voice suddenly filled the dark hall of the King's wing. I let out a relieved sigh.

       "I think he fell. Help me get him to his rooms."

       I wasn't asking, and North's second in command jumped straight into action. I tried to grab ahold of the barely-conscious King's thick arm, but it was no use. Compared to him, I had no strength in my entire body.

       "I got him." Aeyron growled as he crouched on North's other side, his bulging arms straining as he got the King's arm around his neck and hauled him to his feet.

       "Are you mad... at me, Emrie?" North mumbled half-way down the hall. I had been following quietly just a few steps behind Aeyron and he, but my head snapped up at the question.

       He was half using Aeyron to drag him, and half using the wall to support his heavy weight as we walked down the hall. Even though I couldn't see his blue eyes, I knew what little of his attention he was able to focus was on me.

       Was I mad at him?

       At that moment, I only wanted to get him safely in his bed where he could sleep off whatever just happened. But in general? Perhaps I was a little irritated. I mean, what exactly had happened with Leikos? What won't he tell me- or ever tell me for that matter?

       And he threw my previous guardian pretty much off the Mountain. I never got a chance to talk to him, to ask what he meant, or see if he and Mae were doing alright. I had way too many thoughts and emotions spinning through my head to pin-point a single one.

       "No, I'm not." I answered if only to help ease his mind. He, obviously, wasn't healed as well as he tried to make anyone believe. He needed to rest, not worry about whether or not I was mad at him.

       He didn't say anything else as Aeyron finally eased him into his open room, a few loud, vicious grunts came from his General as he hauled the large King across the room. I stood awkwardly just inside of the large door, my eyes following North the entire time.

       I was worried, incredibly so. He was only going to push himself more and more and not allow time for rest. He was never going to allow himself to fully heal.

       "You need to sleep." Aeyron growled once he finally helped the King onto his bed.

       "Fuck off."

       My eyes widened as those two words growled past his lips, but the General didn't seem to mind. In fact, he even let out a short laugh.

       "Gladly." He turned from North without another word and headed straight for the door, leaving the King fully dressed and tossed on top of his covers.

       "Come, my lady. He needs to rest-"

       "She stays." North's voice snarled from across the room, his back still turned to us as my eyes snapped over to his. Aeyron's stare narrowed.

       "You need to sleep, and you will be too distracted by her if she stays."

       "Emrie is staying." There was no room for argument in his tone as he finally managed to roll over onto his back, his blue eyes blinking towards the ceiling in a daze.

       The General let out a loud sigh. "Very well, but he must rest." He spoke directly to me this time, his gaze narrowed as he blinked down at me in a clear order. "My lady." He waited until I gave him a slow nod, his dark eyes almost hard as he stared down at me.

        "I will check on him tomorrow." He left shortly after that, but the warning in his voice was clear. Despite how close I believed us to be, he didn't want me preventing his King from getting the rest he desperately needed.

       "Come here." North's dark voice snarled once the door closed behind me. My face pulled into a scowl, but I walked slowly over to the side of the bed anyway.

       "You should really sleep, North." I murmured once my fingertips could just brush along the tops of the blanket at his side.

       "Don't call me that." He grumbled as his heavy arm reached up and draped over his handsome face. My lips pulled into a frown as I stood awkwardly by his side.

       "I don't know what to call you." I admitted softly as I watched the rather uneven rise and fall of his chest.

       "My name."

       I bit my lip at his response, at how easy he made it seem. It wasn't more than five months ago where he refused to give me even a hint about his true name. And now he wants me to actually call him by it.

       "You do not wish for people to know-"

       "I do not care about that anymore. Those things do not matter."

       I ran my tongue along my bottom lip, my hands fumbling together in front of me. I wasn't sure what to do, what he wanted me to do. Just stand their awkwardly until he fell asleep?

       "You are the only thing that matters now, Emrie."

       My heart faltered in its beats, the blood draining from my face as my breathing hardened. I was the only thing that mattered? I wanted to take that in a sense that showed his true feelings for me, I truly did.

       But that part of me he kept locked inside a solitary castle for three-months felt that he didn't have a choice in the matter. I was his mate, and he's made it quite obvious that was important- whether or not he wanted it that way I wasn't sure.

       "And I will sleep, just stay with me." He grumbled before dropping his arm back to his side, his voice trailing off as his bright eyes officially closed.

       There was heat burning my cheeks, even though I wasn't sure why. So, I continued to stand awkwardly at the side of the bed. I would stay until he fell asleep, if that made him feel better. Perhaps I should pull up a chair- The gruff sigh that past his lips surprised me, and my eyes snapped up from the floor.

       "Beside me. Lay beside me, Emrie."

       The heat bruising my cheeks burned even hotter as his large hand reached out and grasped onto my wrist. Lay beside him... He wanted me to lie beside him-

       Oh my.

       "Please."

       I'm not sure why, but that one simple word had me slowly complying. I ignored the voice in my head telling me how inappropriate it was, or that I should just go back to my room and my own bed- but I was sliding slowly beside him before I could convince myself not to.

       I blinked up to the ceiling high above the four-poster bed we were lying on, his large hand still wrapped gently around my wrist. My heart was beating too erratically for my eyes to close and enjoy this moment. A rare moment, that would probably never happen again.

       "This is where you belong, Emrie."

-&-

Hope you all enjoyed!

Don't forget to follow the instagram page and check out my other stories!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.8K 1.3K 52
- Book One of the Alpha series - -#734 (June 6, 2017) -#196 (May 12, 2018) -#26 (January 29, 2019) -#10 (July 14, 2020) _ I surrendered my c...
375K 22.5K 34
COMPLETED! "You are weak, unstable, and arrogant! You are not a good wolf!" A laugh barked out of the Alpha's throat, shaking his head, eyes so brigh...
2.4M 103K 36
Any other man I wouldn't be afraid of but Lycan Leader Malcolm's body extrude a kind of confidence and primal power that even I can't ignore. --- Run...
210 55 23
2020, the age of the supernatural. Where the five mains have taken over the government from killing the earth they love. The Werewolves, Vampires, Sh...