"The Runaway" (Rogue x Reader)

By deleted_usersorry

She was part of a dark guild. He was part of a good guild. She was a criminal. He was a hero. Two different k... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Prologue

1K 30 13
By deleted_usersorry

Laughter and Words echoed through the guild hall of the well known guild Sabertooth. People were drinking, Talking and some were even arm wrestling.

The noisy Guild master wasn't what you would call a great 'Addition' to this mess, because he was the loudest one of them all. He would get into Friendly fights with almost everyone, something that always lead to something breaking, or he would shout through the guild at his Shadow dragon slayer friend that was silently sitting into table, sinking into deep thoughts.

No one ever knew what he was thinking, not even his small green companion in a pink frog suit. Of course some people knew a little bit, but Rogue kept a lot to himself. The things that he kept to himself were much more important then a curtain blonde dragon slayer shouting to him that he should come drink with him.

"Rogue?"

Rogue looked into the big cute orbs of the green exceed and raised his eyebrows. Frosch gave him a small white flower and sat down in front of him on the table.

"Is Rogue okay?" He asked with a sweet voice.

Rogue raised his hand and placed it on top of Frosch's head. He gave the exceed a small pet on his head and then retrieved his hand.

"I am fine, Frosch" He said with a cold, but soothing tone.

Frosch nodded happily and skipped away. He walked towards Lector and started talking with him. Rogue heard the first few words of the conversation but drifted off into his own mind again, completely shutting off anything around him.

"Rogue-sama? Are you sure you're okay?" A sweet voice asked. Yukino tilted her head a little while taking a seat on the bench that was across him. She placed a small basket on the table that was filled with cookies, something that she placed on every table in the guild.

Rogue nodded and leaned back against the bench.

"I know you have always been a little quiet,distant and not much of a talker but.." Yukino trailed of and sighed.

"You've been very isolated lately." A masculine voice said, finishing the girl.

Sting leaned his fore arms on the bench that Yukino was sitting on and folded his hands. "Every two days you go out at night without Frosch and you don't tell anybody where you're goin-"

"As i already said, I am doing fine. And i've been training at night lately, without Frosch because he needs his sleep" Rogue cut him off while shutting his eyes.

He pushed himself off the bench and walked away from the table.

"Now if you'll excuse me, i need to go somewhere. Sting you watch Frosch, i can't take him" Rogue said while walking to the guild doors, about to take his exit.

Sting watched his friend with a small frown and low hanging shoulders. The truth was that he was worried. Rogue really was acting more isolated. Maybe he was depressed? What if he was unhappy? Would he leave the guild?

It bothered Sting. It bothered him a lot. Almost everyone that had a sort of close relationship to Rogue had noticed and they all had different thoughts about it. Some cared more then the others did, Sting being the one that worried the most.

But one thing was sure, and that was that they all wondered what was going on with Rogue Cheney.

The only person that knew was the mysterious shadow dragon slayer himself, and he wasn't planning on telling anybody soon. Maybe later, but not now. Not the way that things currently are.

Speaking of, Rogue was making his way through the lonely quiet streets of Fiore. The street lights were shining onto the pavement, making possible to atleast see the smallest bit of his surroundings. Even tho he already was, since Shadows are pretty much his whole entire life.

The people that passed him either didn't look at him or looked at him in wow, since he was one of the famous dragon slayers that was a part of saving their lives after the whole entire Alvarez stuff that had happened.

It wasn't that far until Rogue would reach the entrance of the forest. The place where he would 'Train'. Well if there was one thing that Rogue was definently not gonna do, it was training.

He entered the forest and looked around, taking in the beauty of the peaceful forest. The reason that Rogue loved the forest more at night then at daylight, was because it was more alive at night. I know it sounds quiet weird, but it was true.

Animals would wake up from their  sleep and look around. Fireflies would dance around and the stars would shine through the leaves of the trees, into the forest creating a beautiful view.

Minutes passed and the raven haired man had reached the spot where he was planning on going to the whole entire time. The big old tree near the cave. The one that would blossom, even in the winter.

He kneeled down across it and sat down with his legs crossed. He closed his eyes and laid his hands on his legs.

Shadows surrounded him and he took deep breaths. Maybe it was meditating? Maybe it was saving power? No one knows. All i know that he was in a state of peace.

She hadn't arrived yet. Something which was normal, Since Rogue was always the first one to arrive. Of course it wouldn't take long tho. It never did.

And the same goes for this time.

After maybe five minutes, Rogue felt a presence near him. It wasn't from an animal, it was the presence of a human being. The presence of a 19 year old girl to be exact, only a year younger then him.

Rogue opened his eyes and got met by the (E/c) ones of the girl.

A very small but warm smile curled onto his lips and he got up.

"You're here" He said.

The almost fully cloaked figure stepped forward, into the light of the moon. Her face wasn't covered and the light showed every small detail of it.

She pulled her cloak down with her hands and smiled a little at the sight of the young man standing in front of her. Her dark clothes were a little tight and showed off all her curves. The black strap of her arrow bag was strapped over her chest and waiste with one of her hands wrapped around it.

"Of course i am. Has there been one day that i have not?" She asked him.

Rogue chuckled a little and shook his head. "No. You're like an infection that keeps coming back to me, Dear (Y/n)"

(Y/n) let out a soft laugh and crossed her arms. "So you're saying that you'd rather want me to stay at the guild?"

Rogue grinned a little and looked down with his eyes closed. "I'd prefer it if you continued to come here and not stay back there." He said with a bit more of a serious tone.

(Y/n) sighed and looked away. "I have already told you before, i can not leave my guild and join Sabertooth. Besides, i doubt it very much that your friend Sting Eucliffe would want someone like me." She said with a small frown.

Now it was Rogue's turn to sigh. He took a step closer to her.

"Well i am very certain that Sting would. If i tell him that you are a person that can be trusted, i'm sure he'll let you join. A friend of mine, is a friend of his." He said.

(Y/n) looked down on the black cross covered in thorns and roses guild mark on her right hand. She wasn't proud of it. She wasn't proud of anything. The person who she was, The things that she had done, The guild that she belongs to and the way she acted towards people when her 'Comrades' were around her.

"I'm a member of a dark guild. A dark guild that has done horrible things. I truly do doubt it.." She said.

She looked at Rogue with a more serious expression. "Besides, i can not leave. The people that leave Deaths Abyss won't live a long life after that. Hidou doesn't quite like it when people leave. He doesn't trust a single person and is very curtain that they will spread information about the guild. In his opinion there's only one way to prefend that from happening.." She said.

Rogue's mind was shouting at him. Shouting that he had to take her with him. That he had to get her away from that hell hole.

But he couldn't. He couldn't just take her with him. It would be too much trouble. Of course, Sabertooth was one of the strongest guilds in Fiore, apart from Fairy Tail of course, but Deaths Abyss was also known as a very strong and big guild.

No guild would dare to fight that guild alone, since the result of that were very uncertain. Not even Fairy Tail was a 100% sure if they would be able to win that battle.

Rogue brought the guild up to Sting one time. He asked about it and suggested that it would be a good idea if they would fight that guild. That was at the time that Rogue didn't really know a lot about the dark guild.

Sting did take it as an option, but after he did a few small investigations on Deaths Abyss, he immediately refused the plan. It was true, Sting was a rather reckless guild master, but not even he would make his guild do a daring task like this. And he sounded rather serious about it, which wasn't like Sting at all. This was the moment that Rogue started to understand what kind of power this guild really had.

But the way they, no, the way the guild master treated the guild members, made Rogue's blood boil so much. The way he treated (Y/n) made him want to go over there and rip off his head.

Rogue looked at the fading bruises that were just above her chest and the fading ones on her face. The sight of this made him want to kill every single person in that guild, apart from her of course. But it also made him feel down too.

"I'll get you out of there." He said, rather sure of himself.

(Y/n) frowned and opened her mouth to say something. But before she could Rogue had already cutted her off.

"I promise. I'll find a way and get you out of that living hell that dares to call itself a guild. I don't know how yet but i will get you out of there." He said.

(Y/n) looked at him in shock and started to develop tears in her eyes. Her bottom lip started shaking a little and the salty liquid rolled down her cheeks.

Rogue cupped her cheeks with his hand and brought his face closer to her's. His eyes were filled with determination and bloodlust at the same time. Not just bloodlust for anyone, no. Bloodlust for her 'Comrades'. The ones that put her in this horrible state and caused her a horrible life.

He wiped away her tears. "I promise." He said in a serious voice.

(Y/n) sobbed loudly and Rogue pulled her into his arms. She burried her face into his chest and clutched his shirt. Rogue's cloak was falling over her body like it was a protecting shield.

(Y/n) never cried. Not even when she was alone. Those punishments were something that she got over. It was normal.  She never showed much emotion, he teached her not to. He told her she wasn't allowed to. He told her to be strong.

She never felt love. Not in any kind of way. There was nobody that she cared about or loved. And there was nobody that cared about her and loved her. Friends were like a tale to her that people got told as a little kid. Nobody ever showed her any act of kindness.

But now was the first time that someone showed her that he cared. That he would save her and protect her. That he would fight for her.

He showed her love.

And not in a romantic way.

She broke down. All those emotions that were trapped into a metal chest, burned, thrown into a deep pit with lava at the bottom. They got released. All the emotions that she had burried for years.

Rogue stroked her hair and held his other arm around her protectively.

"I promise.." He whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 214 12
(Y/N) was once one of the fairy tails strongest wizards. However, after enduring 4 year long war in another country. He returns to Fairytail, weak an...
654K 13.6K 46
Y/N is a seventeen year old girl who is part of an independent Guild of Dragon-slayers called, the Dragon Gem. When they enter in the Grand Magic Gam...
202K 4.1K 23
╰┈➤┆(𝐘/𝐍) (𝐋/𝐍) is one of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet. She looks more innocent than mirajane. But behind that sweet smile is a butt kicki...
307K 6.8K 52
[Sting × Fem!Reader × Rogue] (FROM THE SUBBED VERSION OF FT) ~~~~~ (Y/N) (L/N). She was a water mage. Her mother, Mizura, taught her everything she n...