Fallen Angel (Camren)

By alrenreguiaf5H

Karla Camila, model, millionaire. With a past laden with love and heartbreak caused by Lauren Jauregui, one o... More

Little Note + Summary
Project (1)
Contract (2)
Fashion Show (3)
Saving You (4)
Remembering (5)
Resentment (6)
Change of plans (7)
Miami (8)
Truce (9)
Feelings (10)
Forgetfulness? (11)
Truth (12)
New sensations? (13)
Connections (14)
To allow (15)
A new side (16)

Promises (17)

25.3K 528 850
By alrenreguiaf5H

Lauren Jauregui's Point Of View

It was a sunny day that day. The sky was open, displaying a celestial blue sky, accompanied by white clouds that looked fluffy like cotton. I adjusted the sunglasses on my face as Dinah hummed the song that played through the car speakers. We were in East Rutherford, New Jersey, on our way to a Victoria's Secret photoshoot, on an American football field. The goal of the campaign was restricted to the advertising of the brand during the commercial breaks of the football games that would be held at the MetLife Stadium.

"Your idea of advertising at the MetLife Stadium was genius." Dinah said as she straightened a few strands of her blonde hair.

"Everyone will be watching the Super Bowl. Showing our brand during the commercial breaks will be essential for the expansion of our collection."

"I hope that at the end of all this, we'll be rewarded. Modesty aside, we're doing a great job, Jauregui."

"We're a great duo, Dinah." I said with a smile.

"A trio. Don't forget your girlfriend, who in one way or another, was the little extra push we needed." Dinah said, and I stared at the blonde who was looking at me with a pretentious look.

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Yet! It's worth remembering that compared to the beginning of the campaign, you've made a lot of progress with Ms. Trouble."

Dinah was right. My reencounter with Camila had been catastrophic, one of the worst possible, but today, our situation was tranquil, and even too good for someone who expected the worst.

"And I hope to keep making progress."

"Look at that, for someone who kept saying that that would never happen again, you're doing good." She mocked.

I pressed my lips together and made a face that made her laugh.

"I just realized that I still love her."

"You're too slow. Only you didn't realize that, Jauregui. You and her, of course."

"It was complicated. I mean, it still is." I sighed.

"Stop that!" She scolded. "If you start with your negative thinking now, I swear that I'll beat your ass. She's clearly giving you another chance! Take advantage, and don't be an asshole again."

"I'm doing that, Dinah. I won't disappoint Camila again."

"Perfect! That's what I like to hear. Now that I know the so famous Karla Camila, and I like her, if you're an idiot again, you'll have another person coming after you."

"Wow. You're a great friend, Hansen." I muttered ironically.

"I know, sweetie. I'm the best friend you could ever have. Now put a beautiful smile on your face, we're almost there. I can't wait to see my sister-in-law."

I shook my head as I laughed at the intimate and silly way that Dinah referred to Camila. The blonde had connected to the Latina instantly, they got along very well. I confess that in the beginning it bothered me, due to the simple fact that Camila hated me. However, now that we were getting along, having Dinah as support for both of us was extremely important. We drove into the MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Giants, one of my favorite teams, where the commercial video with the Angels would be filmed.

"Ms. Jauregui." The driver said as he nodded and opened the car door for me.

"Thank you." I said gently before exiting the vehicle.

The whole staff was ready, and the accessories and equipment were properly prepared. Some models moved from booth to booth to get ready as makeup artists and hairdressers took care of making them look flawless.

"I can't believe I've never been here before." I heard Dinah's voice as soon as she approached. "It's wonderful."

"You don't seem like the type of person that likes American football, Dinah." I shrugged.

"That's where you're wrong, sweetie. There are many beautiful players that make me love this sport." The woman said excitedly.

I rolled my eyes at her, who just shrugged.

"Don't let me down like that."

"What?"

"Don't be like those women who only likes a sport to see hot guys."

"Don't blame me, I bet that if you see a certain player, you'll understand what I'm talking about." Dinah said as she raised one of her eyebrows.

I frowned in confusion, when she pointed towards the field. My eyes moved to the center of the field, landing on the body of the model now dressed in an American football uniform, in the same color as the official uniforms. Unlike the players admired by Dinah, my player really looked perfect in that uniform made for her size. Camila was totally in character, just like the other models. She just wasn't wearing the helmet; her hair was loose and wavy, and time or another it was moved by the wind. The model was standing still while her private makeup artist took care of making her ready.

"See? You're smiling like a fool because she's wearing that uniform."

"Shut up. It's different." I said amid a laugh.

"It's not, Jauregui. Do you want a bib?"

"Shush it!" I bumped her shoulder with my own, making her let out an amused laugh. "Don't forget that I have to have a serious posture here. And so do you."

"Super serious Dinah mode activated." She mocked before walking towards the booths.

I walked after the blonde as I greeted some members of the staff present there that morning. As the general director, everyone had a certain respect for my presence, even when I tried to always stay connected to everyone. One of the photographers appeared in front of me and pulled me into a long conversation, which to be honest didn't interest me at all, since a certain Latina was taking over my full attention without even realizing it. Camila looked beautiful that morning, as usual, of course. She still hadn't noticed my presence, she was focused while her team worked to make her impeccable.

"Are you going to stay to watch the whole photoshoot?" The photographer asked, noticing my lack of attention in the conversation.

"Yes. I'm going to watch until the end." I said as I turned my attention to him.

"I imagined you'd want to stay." His voice tone came out suggestive, which made me frown in confusion.

"Do you know who that guy is?" I asked as I saw a man approaching Camila.

The photographer smiled and looked at Camila, and then looked back at me.

"I believe his name is Dylan, he's one of the Giants players who's willing to help us with the filming. It's nice to have a professional of the area to instruct us, don't you think?"

Dylan was relatively tall and possessed a good physique for an American football player. He had short, light brown hair, almost blond, and his skin was really tanned, as if he had spent good minutes on the beach. He was handsome, and carried a seductive air towards the beautiful model, my Latina. He was wearing shabby jeans and a jersey of his team, which outlined his very well-defined muscles.

"He never leaves her side." The photographer said.

"Go get things ready." I ordered him, who immediately nodded his head with a suggestive smile in the corner of his lips.

As soon as the man walked away, I shook my head. Maybe I was being too obvious, but no harm done, right? I stayed in the same place where I was, trying to look distracted enough to not look like a jealous in love idiot. After a few seconds, I took a seat on one of the chairs nearby and grabbed my phone to see the last emails that filled my inbox.

"I can't believe you're here and didn't even say hello."

I lifted my head when I heard that voice tone that feigned indignation. Camila was standing in front of me, perfectly flawless. Her hands were resting on her waist as her brown eyes stared at me seriously. She looked incredibly marvelous in that green and white uniform.

"Oh, I..." I locked my phone quickly and got up from the chair. "I just didn't want to interrupt. You were so busy." I shrugged, looking towards the center of the field.

"I was, but I wouldn't mind being interrupted."

"I'm sorry." I let out in a sigh.

Camila expanded her lips in a smile, showing that she wasn't that upset.

"Awww. I'm just joking, Lauren. I'm glad you came to see the shooting, you didn't tell me anything."

"I wanted to surprise you. And I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"May I know why?" She teased as she suppressed a smile.

I pressed my lips together as I stared at her. I looked around, watching the staff move around from one side to the other before subtly inching closer to her, moving my lips close to her ear.

"It's a secret." I whispered.

"I hate you, Jauregui." She said with a nervous chuckle.

"Hmm, I feel things for you, and it's not hate." I teased.

Camila turned her eyes to mine as her chest rose and fell in a heavy sigh. She swallowed hard and smiled. "And what is it?"

"You really want to know?" I asked, and she made a brief nasal sound and nodded her head. We were too close, in a clearly intimate conversation to anyone who saw us. Comments and rumors would soon happen, but I really didn't care about it. "Then you'll have to go out with me today, and you'll know."

"You're going to make me wait that long?!" She asked incredulously.

"Absolutely, Karla. Tonight there's going to be a Giants game here, and I know you don't understand much about American football, but I do remember that you enjoyed watching anyways."

"You have a very good memory. We can watch, this is already the second invitation I get for this game."

"Second, huh?"

"Yes. Dylan, the instructor, invited me." She said as she looked subtly at the blond at the back.

"Well, we can go out on another day." I limited myself to say. "Since that player invited you first."

Camila stayed in silence for a few instants, analyzing me. I looked away from her thorough look as soon as I saw her smile.

"Don't make that serious face, of course I accept to go with you. I don't even know him, but he seems to know my work."

"Of course he does, the whole world knows your work."

"Your jealousy expressions are still the same as they were years ago." Camila laughed. "You still avert your eyes from mine as you make that serious face between heavy breaths."

"I'm not jealous!" I countered as I stared at her.

"No?" She asked cynically.

"No." I insisted, even though it was a lie. "But I'll be if you go with him." I said, staring into her eyes.

"I'm loving your way of winning me back." She mocked.

"I hope I'm succeeding, I'm avoiding the pickup lines books."

Camila laughed, amused.

"Don't do that, they're horrible." She said amid a laugh.

"Really? Some are nice-ish." I joked as I stared at her.

"Camila?!" The player called her.

"They're horrible." She whispered, still laughing. "Be original."

Then I heard the photographer calling me and I looked at him in the middle of the football field, cussing him inwardly for having interrupted us, but I contained myself and just glared at him.

"You better go, the shoot is about to start."

Camila bit her lower lip, and then smiled. I remained standing where I was, watching her walk away towards the middle of the field. The other models were already ready, while the staff took care of positioning them on their correct places. Karla stood in the center, while the others surrounded her. She held her helmet with one of her arms as she stared at the photographer up ahead. The ease she possessed to connect with the camera lenses was simply inexplicable. It was mesmerizing. Her brown eyes, her Latin features, her long, wavy hair, her smile molded by those perfectly drawn lips. With every photoshoot, with every photo, I found myself even more lost in her so unique beauty.

"You're not discreet at all. You're drooling over Camila and you also look like you want to kill the hot player." I heard Dinah whisper.

"I'm tired of being discreet." I smiled as soon as I noticed that the Latina was smiling at me. "That guy is all over her all the time, someone get him out of here."

"Jesus! Leave him be, I like looking at him."

"Then take care of snatching him, or he'll swallow Camila whole that way."

"If you don't do it first, right?"

"I hate you."

After the photoshoot for the advertising, the shooting for the promotional video that would be shown during the commercial breaks of the Super Bowl began. The models simulated an American football game, with ball passes, body clashes, sprints from one end of the field to the other, and even scoring. It was somewhat comical to see them that way, taking into consideration that some had no idea what they were doing. There were two teams, one with the 'normal' models and the other with the Angels. It took long minutes of recording, between breaks for Dylan's explanations and makeup and hair touches, to finish that video. The Angels finished that game with an impressive touchdown that gave them the victory. Camila, being the one who scored, raised her arms, receiving the other Angels' hugs in celebration. The camera took care of recording the best angles, where they were all smiling and celebrating the victory of that game.

"Now you have to do that cliché, but sensational scene." Dinah said after another cut. "Celebrate as if you just won the most difficult game of your life. And then take off your helmets, throw them on the ground, and walk towards the camera with the most seductive look you can make." My best friend said as she showed how she wanted it.

"You're doing an amazing job, Dinah. Better than the film director." The model Jasmine Tookes said with a smile.

"Can I get paid for this too, Jauregui?" My best friend asked with a smirk.

"Don't push it." I said with a smile.

"Come on, girls. It's almost done!" Dinah shouted excitedly.

And the last scene was filmed, with all the details demanded by Dinah. Camila celebrated with the other models and removed her helmet, letting her long hair sway in the wind before walking with that damn seductive look towards the camera.

"Cut! Perfect, girls!" The film director exclaimed.

We heard the models' excited shrieks for a job well done; it had been a long, but very productive morning. The smiling player approached Camila, and he hugged her in an excited way. I looked away, trying to avoid any discomfort in my mind. I couldn't be jealous, Camila and I weren't in a relationship with each other yet. She was free, just like me. And it was just a hug from a handsome guy, who was incredibly interested in the woman I loved.

"Wasn't Martha enough?! Ugh!" I grumbled. "Hell."

"Talking to yourself, Jauregui?"

I quickly turned my body around, staring into that pair of intense eyes, accompanied by that charming smile.

*Flashback On*

I loved that smile, those eyes. I felt my chest warm up with all the sensations they made me feel. Only Camila had that power. In that brown immensity, I felt unique. Under her gaze I was special, as if the whole world didn't matter to her.

"I'm glad you came." I said as soon as she approached me.

"I like these games even though I don't understand anything."

"She really doesn't, nothing at all." Vero said as she wrapped her arms around Camila.

"Where are the others?" Ally asked as she straightened her shirt.

We were in the school parking lot. That night would be held the opening of the male inter-school tournament of Miami. And Dalton Academy would be the first school to play a game against one of our main adversaries. The atmosphere was of pure euphoria. In the halls during the week, all that could be heard was how we'd have to win to keep our title of the most awarded school in competitions. Everyone was super excited; our team where Ethan was the captain, the cheerleaders, the students that made banners and shirts, and the crowd that cheered to boost our team.

"They're all in the bleachers, I stayed here waiting for you."

"Your parents dropped you off?"

"No, Ethan gave me a ride." I said, seeing Camila roll her eyes.

"Oohh, the boyfriend. Today he's the big star. Are you ready for all the attention you're going to get, Ms. First Lady?" Veronica mocked.

"Amber's probably not very happy, at all. Last year, they celebrated together, and the whole high school applauded. I felt like I was in a romantic high school movie." Ally said thoughtfully. "This year it will be you."

"Great." I heard the Latina grumble.

"I don't like attention, and besides, Ethan and I aren't even boyfriend/girlfriend."

"Because there hasn't been an official request yet. Oh my God, maybe that will happen today!"

I felt my stomach turn just by thinking about the possibility. My eyes landed on Camila, who was frowning at Allyson. That whole situation would be somewhat catastrophic. To be asked to be in a relationship in the midst of all that crowd, being right next to Camila, put me on the edge of a cliff, where I'd sacrifice someone.

"Jesus! That will not happen." I exclaimed nervously.

"Hmm, you don't want it anymore? You were so interested in him." Iglesias said thoughtfully.

"I have new plans."

As soon as I finished the sentence, Camila smiled subtly at me, showing her happiness at my words. I was still completely lost in my feelings, but deep down I knew that being with Camila was better.

"So much mystery... Are you interested in someone else?"

"So many questions, let's leave the interrogation for later?" Camila suggested. "We have a game to watch."

"I just want to know who the new target is." Veronica insisted.

"And who's yours?" Camila joked.

"You, babe. It has always been you." Vero hugged Camila tightly, making her laugh, amused.

I rolled my eyes, but controlled myself.

"You're crazy." Camila said laughing.

"We better go." I butted in.

"In a hurry to see the boyfriend playing? He'll dedicate a score to you." Ally said.

"He always does that, with all his girlfriends." Camila completed in a mocking voice tone as she walked.

"You wouldn't?" I provoked her, stopping in the middle of the way.

Camila stopped instantly and spun on her heels, turning to face me.

"I know how to impress a girl in a more original way, Jauregui."

"Whoa!" Veronica exclaimed euphorically, adding fuel to the fire. "I love when you top."

Camila laughed and shook her head.

"Hmm... I'm kind of curious now." I shot back, drawing Camila's gaze again.

I could feel Ally's and Veronica's attentive gaze on me, and even Camila's, who wasn't expecting a defiant reaction.

"You want me to show you?"

We stared at each other, creating a denser aura between our bodies. It was surprising how she made me feel so much with so little.

"These two are definitely flirting." Veronica whispered, while Ally asked her to shut up.

"Maybe I do."

"To be honest, I'm kind of lost here." Vero approached us, making us laugh. "Is there something going on that I don't know about?"

"I think something is definitely going on." Ally approached us.

"No! Lauren just doubts my ways of swooning a girl. I'm just saying that I can be original, unlike her boyfriend."

"Karla being challenged, that's dangerous. When are you two going to hook up?"

"Vero!" We exclaimed together.

"What? If you want a threesome, I'm in."

"Y'all are more crazy today, come on, the game's about to start." Ally pulled us as she laughed at our taunts.

Camila started walking beside me, making me thank God inwardly. I confess that it was somewhat frustrating to have to restrain myself in front of everyone, when my urge was to cling to her indefinitely; however, I understood that in that moment we couldn't have that kind of attitude. High school could be cruel to situations like ours. It was all too new for me, not to mention that for all intents and purposes, I was the almost girlfriend of the captain of the school's American football team.

"I miss you." She whispered behind me as soon as we started climbing the steps of the bleachers.

Due to the exaggerated amount of people moving around looking for a good place in the bleachers, we stood too close, almost glued to one another. I felt Camila's delicate hands rest on my waist, making my body shiver.

"Camila..." I scolded her even against my will.

"Tell me I'm going to kiss you tonight." She whispered.

I turned my face towards hers, facing her indomitable gaze. Camila had the enormous easiness of changing her expressions in a matter of seconds. In one instant she was sweet and gentle, and in the other, teasing and instigating. How could that girl do that?

"You will, but now control yourself." I answered nervously, making her smile.

"Let's go, girls!" Ally exclaimed.

Luckily, we were able to sit in the same row, side by side. The place was completely packed, the whole student body was present at the opening of the inter-school tournament. Right now, the cheerleaders, led by Amber, danced excitedly in the middle of the field, boosting the crowd's excitement.

"I love the cheerleaders." Vero said with her eyes glued to the beautiful girls that were dancing on the field. "Check out that one from the other team, Camila!"

"Wow, she's really-" Camila fell silent as soon as she noticed me glaring at her. "Meh, I don't like her."

"What do you mean you don't like her? She's super hot." Vero muttered in disbelief.

"I'd rather not comment." The Latina said.

I frowned and rolled my eyes with a laugh.

"Quiet down." I whispered to the Latina who smiled as she rested her hand on my thigh.

"You look so cute when you're jealous."

"If you keep that up, I won't kiss you today."

"Damn... Okay..." She fell silent, making me laugh.

I knew she did it just to tease me. Camila, although a bit of a tease, made it clear that she only had eyes for me and no one else, but I confess that seeing her admiring other girls made me feel a little jealous. Even though I knew I shouldn't, after all, I was dating someone else.

"Are you going to kiss me?" She whispered.

I looked around, and everyone seemed too focused on the cheerleaders, and then I looked back at Camila, who was smirking.

"It's what I want the most." I whispered.

Before the Latina could answer, we were startled by the crowd's excited shouting as soon as Dalton's team walked into the field, being led by the cheerleaders and the mascot.

*Flashback Off*

I lightly knocked on the door three times as I stared at the pair of tickets to the Giants game that were in my other hand. I was a little nervous, which was normal when it came to Camila. The desire to do everything perfectly right down to the smallest detail made me very nervous and anxious.

"Camila! Lauren's here!" Normani exclaimed as soon as she opened the door. "Do you want to come in?"

"Oh, we're late, is she going to take long?"

"Hmm, I don't think-"

"I'm here." The Latina said as soon as she stood beside Normani.

I smiled at her who reciprocated in the same way. Camila was wearing white jeans and a shirt of the same color that reached the middle of her waist, containing a fabric that partially showed the black bra beneath. Her hair was loose and wavy.

"You look beautiful." I said with a smile.

"You look wonderful too." She smiled and closed her eyes at the same time.

"You'll have a lot of time to flirt later, now you're late." Normani said with a smirk.

"Mani!" Camila exclaimed, making me laugh.

"She's right, we better go." I said.

"Are you going to be okay here?" The Latina asked her best friend.

"I'm going out in a bit, don't wait up for me." The woman said smiling before closing the door.

"Someone's going to have a very good night."

"I hope we do too. Shall we go?"

"Let's go."

The MetLife Stadium was simply packed. The cluster of people moving around inside the place was surreal. Camila seemed excited, saying it had been a few years since she did something like that, since her schedule was basically only work, social gatherings and trips. Apparently, nothing was simply normal in the life of the most well-paid model in the world.

"You know that I don't understand anything about this game, right?" She said as she sat down on the chair.

"Was this a bad idea?"

"No! I love these cheering things, and people's excitement. It's exciting to be in a place like this one."

"I like it too."

"These seats are great; how did you get them on such a short notice?"

"Being the director of Victoria's Secret's new collection has its advantages." I shrugged smugly.

"Hmmm, what a powerful woman." She joked.

"Not more than you, who's being watched by millions of eyes since we arrived."

It was almost impossible to go out with Camila without being noticed. The fame the model had, attracted the camera lenses and the curious and admired gazes of everyone around, without her even noticing.

"Don't exaggerate, Jauregui."

"Exaggeration? Are you sure?" I asked as I gestured towards the MetLife's big LED screen, which was showing the face of the ad girl of the most expensive brands to that crowd.

Camila widened her eyes quickly in surprise, but then she smiled and waved to everyone who was watching her on the big screen. We heard excited shrieks, which made her laugh, amused. Seeing her that way filled me with joy. The Latina from a very young age longed for that career, and she fought for it with all she had to finally have it. It was simply gratifying to see how far she had come on her own merit.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked as she looked at me.

"I was thinking about how proud I am of you."

She sighed, and frowned as if expecting an answer to those questions in her head.

"Why?"

"You've always dreamed of being a great model, and now just look around... they love you."

She smiled broadly. "I'm so happy I succeeded."

"I'm so happy you succeeded too."

We stared at each other for a moment, as if we could read each other's thoughts. Deep down I felt regret; regret for having missed such an important moment in Camila's life, a moment I swore I'd be there to support her no matter what.

"Don't think too much, Lauren." She murmured as she touched my hand with hers, caressing it lightly.

"Alright..."

"The game's starting." She said excitedly, causing me to push those thoughts out of my mind.

The players entered the field euphorically, making the whole crowd go crazy, including Camila. After brief explanations to the Latina, she seemed to understand better the purpose of the game, now celebrating and cussing the right and wrong moves made by the Giants.

"Wow, Dylan really is a good player." She said with her eyes connected to the field, while mined rolled.

"He's good-ish." I said scornfully.

Camila turned to me with that damn smirk, practically mocking my stupid jealousy.

Dammit.

"Are you really going to pick on him, Jauregui?"

"I'm not."

"I still know you very well, remember that. And I know all the expressions you make when you're jealous. You shouldn't be, we're not girlfriends..."

"Because you don't want to."

The Latina swallowed hard.

"Just because of that?" She asked as she stared at me.

"Just because of that."

The crowd screamed, disrupting our conversation. We looked back to the field and we focused on the game, still exchanging a few glances and smiles that made me sigh. The light atmosphere that had settled between Camila and me made me have a more urgent urge to have her to myself. Even after so many years, now I could feel the essence of that sweet girl inside the body of the model that had the fame of being complicated and rebellious.

-----

"I really need to watch more games, it's super exciting!" She exclaimed as soon as we left the MetLife towards the parking lot.

"Are you going to root for the Giants?"

"Hmm, I still don't know. I sympathized with them." She said as she walked beside me. "But I'm going to watch other games to decide."

"Really? You seem quite interested." I said somewhat uncomfortable.

"Yes. Dylan said he'd take me to many championship games."

"Oh, great." It was the only thing I was able to mutter after hearing about that.

I continued walking towards my car parked on the right side of area A, when she approached me laughing.

"I'm joking, Laur!" She said as she hugged me from behind. "Don't be like that."

"But do you really want to be with him? You can, I don't want to meddle in anyone's life."

"Lauren, stop..." She laughed, turning me to face her. "I'm here, aren't I?"

"You are, but you keep talking about that-"

"I'm just joking with you."

"You like to tease me."

We were in the middle of the parking lot as people walked from one side to the other searching for the least busy exit.

"I like to see that you want me all to yourself." She said confidently.

"I do, all to myself." I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"You do have me..." She said as she stared into my eyes.

"Sometimes I feel like I do, but other times..."

Camila moved her hands to my face in a subtle caress, at the same time as that pair of brown eyes consumed me slowly. I closed my eyes as the Latina's thumb slid over my right cheek, then moving slowly to my lower lip.

"And what do you feel now?" She asked in a whisper.

"I feel that I love you."

*Flashback On*

I remained with my eyes closed, even when the Latina's lips pulled away from mine. Camila was breathing heavily, panting, just like me. We were hiding inside her pickup truck in the parking lot of Dalton Academy, exchanging kisses and caresses that we had been longing for after long hours apart that day.

"Who do you think is winning the game?" I whispered with a smile close to her mouth.

"What game? I can't think about anything other than this." She said, making me smile.

"You're crazy, if we get caught here, we'll be suspended by the principal."

Camila smiled as she tucked a few strands of my hair behind my ear. I didn't know if Camila had scheduled this 'escape' previously, maybe she had, taking into consideration that her car was parked in the farthest and darkest part of the parking lot.

"We won't get caught, Laur. Don't worry."

"We keep doing crazy things."

"You don't like it?" She asked as she rested her legs over mine. "You can't say that it isn't exciting."

True, it was always exciting to see her. The caution we had to had to not get caught, put us in a state of euphoria and adrenaline that made us vibrate. With every encounter, with every kiss, everything was more and more exciting. Having to keep that secret wasn't our wish, deep down, we both wanted to be able to tell everyone without fear of what that might entail. But we knew that it wouldn't be that easy.

"Well, true, it's always exciting."

"See? I give adrenaline to your days." She said cockily. "You can't say that this forbidden love thing isn't appealing."

"You think?"

"I do." Camila said thoughtfully. "I mean, of course most of the time my greatest desire would be to be able to show everyone that I'm with you, but while we can't, I want to see the best side of what we can enjoy."

"You want to show everyone? But didn't you tell Ethan that that isn't good?"

Camila rolled her eyes, making me laugh.

"It's different. Ethan likes to show you off because you're one of the most beautiful girls in high school, and he knows that anyone would give anything to have a shot with you. When I say that I want to show everyone, it's not in an attempt to show you off, but rather to be able to do anything that a couple does in public without being stared at like a freak."

I nodded and inched closer to her.

"And what do you feel like doing?" I asked with a smile.

Camila sighed, and smiled before going back to stroking my face slowly. Her face was being partially illuminated by the distant lights in the parking lot, giving her a mysterious glow in her brown eyes that loved me in their own way.

"I wish I could say that we're together. I wish I could kiss you every morning when we meet, I wish I could walk hand in hand, or just cuddle in front of everyone. It really sucks to have to hide how much I'm in love with you, for fear of everything that that could entail."

"I wish things were easier."

"Unfortunately, they aren't."

I sighed sadly. Being with Camila had become the best part of my days, and having to hide what made me happy, was like hiding an important part of me.

"Hey, don't be sad..." She whispered.

Whenever we talked about that subject, I felt my stomach turn. The future between us was unknown, bringing the fear of what we could expect. As much as I wanted to be with Camila, I was aware of everything I'd need to face and let go of to fulfil it. I just didn't know if I had the strength to handle it.

"Lauren..."

"Hmm?"

"What happened?"

"I'm just scared." I let out dryly.

Camila sighed and inched even closer, now wrapping me in her arms.

"I know everything may seem very scary, but don't think about that now." She said as she cupped my chin, forcing me to look at her. "We're together, aren't you happy about that?"

"I am, but what about when they find out? Your family is tranquil, but I don't know how mine would react."

"I'll be with you when that time comes, baby." She said. "I don't want you to think about that now, we still have a lot of time."

"What if they don't accept me?"

"They won't do that, they love you."

"I just want to be able to finish high school and go with you to New York." I sighed and hugged her back.

"We will, you'll see." She squeezed me tighter.

"Sometimes I feel that everything will work out, and other times I feel that everything might go wrong."

Camila backed away slightly and looked into my eyes. She had a tranquil expression, accompanied by a lazy smile on her lips.

"Do you know what I feel right now?" She asked.

"No. What?"

"I feel that I love you very much, and that I could do anything to see you happy. I want you to look into my eyes now, and see, they can't lie to you." I felt my heart beat so hard with her words and with her gaze. It was as if that girl could take me off orbit. "I'll never abandon you, Lauren. I love you."

Even when everything threatened to collapse, Camila was there, showing me insistently that we could handle it all together. She had within herself an immeasurable strength, an unwavering courage that made me believe in a promising future, however uncertain it appeared to be. She made me feel safe in her arms, something I never felt with anyone else.

"I just want to be with you for the rest of my life." I whispered close to her lips.

"And you will, just stay with me. And I'll protect you."

"I'll stay, I will." I whispered before kissing her with all my love.

I felt the Latina's lips slide over mine, making room for the urgent touch of our tongues. One of the Latina's hands got lost in my hair at the back of my neck, tugging it relatively hard. My body seemed to react quickly, making me feel hot due to Camila's passionate touches. I felt my body heat up with that desire to have more of her. The girl pulled away from my lips, moving down to my neck.

"Camila..." I mumbled lost.

"Lauren? Camila?" Someone exclaimed as they opened the door of the pickup truck.

*Flashback Off*

-----

NOTE: I'm nervous for the next chapter to be honest lol something tells me that it will be on the next chapter that flashback Lauren will fuck up and break Camila's heart. At least we know that present time Lauren is trying to make everything right and fight for Camila. When Evelin updates again, I'll translate and post it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 25 7
Lauren Jauregui is a 20 year old agent hired by Karla Estrabao's father to be her bodyguard. Karla is a famous actress in Hollywood. Even though she'...
89.9K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...
12.2K 408 10
Camila Cabello, Lauren Jauregui, two young girls who became a little more than friends at a young age. That was until someone had to leave. Years lat...
116K 4.3K 25
"...I didn't realize it at the time, but you were exactly what I needed that night. I needed one person to reach out. I needed someone to show me tha...