Rose Thorne ✔︎

By marcie_lou

Rose's life has order. She knows what she needs to do to stay out of trouble with her always traveling, never... More

©
Cast List
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60
61
62
63
Epilogue: A Glimpse Forward
⋄•Playlist•⋄

57

9.1K 338 77
By marcie_lou

"You want me to wear that?" I asked Katelyn and she nodded. The two piece bikini dangled from her fingers and she looked at me with a small smile.

"Yes, I picked it out for you." She smiled and I nodded.

"I know you did, because if Mia did, she would know to only get me a one piece. I can't wear that." I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Why not?" She asked, her eyes flashed with frustration and I let out a groan.

"Because, my entire being would be hanging out. Legs, stomach, everything." My eyes widened and her eyes softened.

"And?" She asked and I ran my hands down my face.

"And it's a lot. I can't be confident like you, it's a lot. Like, a lot." I let out a sigh through my nose.

"Aw, Rose." She reached for me and I stepped out of her reach.

"Sorry," I muttered at her hurt expression. "It's just, I just need space."

She nodded and offered a smile but didn't make any moves to touch me again.

"Rose, you're absolutely beautiful. Not only that, but you are remarkably sexy." She smiled and I ran my hands through my hair.

"I don't know how to 'work it' like you and Mia." I finally confessed and she gave me a smile.

"Rose, nobody can work it like Mia," she said before pointing towards Mia who strutting around confidently in a sexy, sunshine yellow two piece. Noah has no idea what's about to hit him.

"Okay, yeah you're right." I smiled and she grabbed my hand.

"Besides, no one can do it like you either." She smiled before reaching into her beach bag and pulling out a simple, white cover up.

"Alright, you're slowly making your way towards the good side again." I smiled and she let out a small laugh.

"If modesty is where you find comfort, who am I to make you change that." She said and I wrapped her in a hug.

"Does this mean you're talking to me now?" She asked and I smiled at her.

"I suppose." I shrugged and she let out a laugh.

"Let's go change." She smiled and we stepped away from the back of Liam's car. I closed the trunk and we made our way to the bathroom.

When I was changed, I stepped out of the stall and wrapped the cover up tightly around me. Unfortunately, it didn't stay around me for more than a few seconds.

I'm actually in a two piece. I Rosalee Thorne am in a two piece.

"And I look good?" I frowned as I stared at myself in the mirror.

Maybe.

Okay, well I'm not going to be the tannest girl on the beach but the light blue that Katelyn picked out did make my eyes pop and the white cover up does make my skin seem darker.

Until you take it off.

Well, then I won't take it off.

The stall door opened and Katelyn stepped out and my mouth hung open at the sight of her.

"See, that's the reaction I want to get. Except, from a male who isn't related to me." She smiled and I blinked at her.

The olive colored two piece hugged her in all of the right places. The very best part of it all was that the suit had ropes that were designed and wrapped around her waist and cleavage.

"You are so hot!" I confessed and she laughed.

"Again, you're my sister." She teased. "But thank you."

"I knew I picked the right color for you." She pointed at me and I subconsciously covered myself up.

"Don't do that, you're hot too." She scolded and I smiled at her.

She's just saying that.

I know.

"Thank you," I nodded and I looked down at myself again.

The simple two piece had a sort of innocent look to it that made me smile. It wasn't extravagant like Katelyn's. A simple baby blue that was the perfect fit.

"I like it."

She rolled her eyes and picked up her bag. "I knew you would."

I laughed and shook my head at her and we made our way towards our spot that Mia had picked out. The beach was crowded, with it being the beginning of summer in Florida, plenty of people were ready to unwind and enjoy a day at the beach.

"Okay, time to make and entrance." Katelyn grinned when we were close enough to the group of boys and Mia and I shook my head.

"Unnecessary,"

"Okay fine, but can I at least make Mia look at us?" She asked and frowned.

"Why?"

"Because... just watch." She grinned before waving her hands like a maniac. The movement made Mia look up and in two seconds, I watched her expression change about ten times.

"Boys, hold on to your balls!" She grinned and Katelyn and I laughed as the boys turned to face us.

All three eyes widened in surprised before Jonathan looked away and Noah scratched the back of his head before looking down.

Liam's eyes was the only one still at us. Specifically me.

Oh boy.

"I just don't understand how you guys are so sexy." Mia said and Katelyn flipped her hair over her shoulder.

Liam blinked a few times and he let out a long breath before he looked away.

Katelyn and Mia looked at each other before they started laughing and I looked at the two of them in confusion.

Did I miss something?

"Liam you are too cute," Mia smiled and Liam looked at her.

"You can tell her she looks sexy. It's not disrespectful if it's true." She explained and John and Noah smirked at their best friend and my eyes widened.

Oh my God.

"Yeah-" Katelyn started.

"Stop talking!" I ordered. They clamped their mouths shut and I placed my things down on the sand in frustration.

I haven't found a spot for me to lay my towel down yet and my options are an open spot next to Liam or at the very end next to Noah and Jonathan. Only one sounded appealing. But the girls might have ruined that.

"John, is the spot next to you taken?" Katelyn asked before walking towards him.

"It's all yours," he smiled before glancing at me.

I know what they're doing and I don't like it at all.

"I think we should go join a volleyball game." Katelyn piped up and I picked up my stuff from the ground and walked to the spot next to Liam.

"Can I sit here?"

"I'm going to have to say no Daisy. " Liam said before he looked up at me with a smile.

"I can't tell if you're kidding or not." I frowned and he nodded.

"I'm kidding," he clarified and I let out a sigh of relief before grabbing my large beach towel.

Once I was situated, I slipped off my flip flops and sat down next to him.

"Would you two like to join us?" Mia asked and I looked at her.

"You're going to go play now?" I asked and they nodded.

You're not even good at volleyball.

"Maybe later?" I frowned. "We just got here and I kind of just want to just read a little and relax. I can stay and watch our stuff."

I'm not quite ready to make a fool of myself yet.

"Oh, do you want me to stay with you?" Katelyn asked and before I could decline, Liam spoke up.

"I'll stay," he said and I glanced at him. "I need to work on my tan." He said and I bit back a smile.

"I said that out loud?" He asked and I nodded with a smile. I knew he was kidding but his face made me smile.

I looked up at Katelyn and I gave her a reassuring smile. "The two of us will stay."

She gave me a knowing smile and stood up before holding her hand out to Jonathan to help him up.

"Let's go play volleyball."

"I miss my girlfriend, but yes, let's go play volleyball." He replied and the four of them left.

"Did you put on sunscreen?" Liam asked and I looked from our retreating friends to his face.

"Yeah, I put some on in the bathroom." I nodded and he gave me a small nod.

"Did you put some on your back?" He asked and I nodded with a frown.

Why is he so interested in my skin protection?

"Do you need some sunscreen?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Damn I sound like an idiot." He muttered and I frowned.

"What?" I asked and he looked up at me.

"You make me sound like an idiot." He clarified and my eyes widened.

"I don't understand."

"Seeing you makes me do and say stupid things." He said and I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. What am I supposed to say?

"Do you know how unbelievably stunning you look at the moment?" He asked and I blinked at him.

"Uh, I don't know." I told him and he smiled.

"You don't," he shook his head. "Then I'm going to make sure I let you know ever single chance I get."

I wanted to let him. I don't know if I'd believe him because compare to Katelyn and Mia I'm not as stunning, but hearing him say so was nice.

"Daisy?" He brought my attention back to him.

"Yeah?"

"You look absolutely stunning today." He said and I gave him a smile.

"Thank you."

[0][0][0]

"It's really hot." I sighed before closing my book and Liam looked over at me.

I had shed off my cover up a whole ago and I'd gone into the ocean twice. But it's midday and the sun isn't showing any mercy.

"I'm going to go get an ice pop." I stood up from my towel.

He pushed his his sunglasses up from his face and smiled at me. "Can I join you?"

"Yes please," I smiled and he stood up from his towel.

"Something's changed about you, Daisy." He said with a little frown etched on his forehead.

"What do you mean?"

"I can't put my finger on it but, there's something different." He said and now it was my turn to frown.

"Oh, okay," I nodded as we reached the drink stand. "Is it a good or bad change?" I asked as he ordered two popsicles.

"I love it," he answered quickly and I smiled at him. "You smile a lot more and I get to hear you laugh more frequently."

"Thank you." I nodded. "I like this change too."

An exciting gleam flashed through his eyes but before he could act on it, the concession guy handed us our popsicles.

We were making our way back when Liam handed me his popsicle and pointed to the restroom.

"Give me two minutes?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"No, hold it and get a bladder infection." I teased and he chuckled before tapping my nose.

"Good change," he nodded before going towards the bathroom and I smiled at him.

Great change.

"That looks yummy." A voice said behind me and I turned to face the voice.

It belonged to someone that look like he belonged in a fashion magazine page. The guy was absolutely gorgeous. His dark hair was wet and pulled back, but there was on single strand that curled at the front and it bothered me. His dark eyes were nothing but mischievous. He stood tall, his hands tucked into his pockets and his chest was bare revealing his perfectly sculptured abs.

Katelyn would like him.

"Oh, yeah I needed to cool off," I nodded and his eyes unashamedly scanned my body.

The first thought that came to my mind was, violated. His eyes made me feel violated.

"That why you got two?" He raised an eyebrow at me and I shook my head. His voice was low and he was either fighting a cold or he just had a raspy voice.

"No, my friend is in the bathroom." I chuckled awkwardly and the unknown man took a step towards me. He wasn't much of a man, probably about my age or a year or two into college.

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind you sharing with me?" He asked and I frowned in confusion.

Why would he think that?

"I think they would," I nodded politely and he took a step towards me and my primal instinct was to step back. He's getting too comfortable.

"It's just they look so damn good." He nodded and I cleared my throat. "And I'm wondering if I could just have a little bite. I promise they can have it back once I've had a taste."

Why can't he just buy his own right now with his money? In what world is that okay?

"What flavor is that?" He took one last step towards me and again, I stepped back.

"Cherry," Liam's voice said behind me and I felt him step closer to me. Close enough that his chest was pressed against my back.

"Is this your friend?" The stranger raised an eyebrow with a smile and I gave him a nod.

"Well, I'm sure he still won't mind sharing." His smile widened and from the way Liam's chest was slowly rising and falling from anger, I finally figured out that he wasn't talking about the popsicles.

Ew

Ew

"Here," I handed Liam his popsicle. He barely flinched and I let out a sigh before placing both popsicles in one hand and grabbing one of his hands.

I turned to the guy that was staring at me like a piece of meat and I scoffed.

"Not even in your dreams." I said before tugging Liam away.

Once we were back at our towels, I handed Liam his melting popsicles and he took it with a grin on his face.

"What?" I asked as I sat down.

"I can't smile Daisy?" He asked before sticking the popsicles in his mouth.

"You can, but you need a reason to smile." I told him and he bit down on the ice.

"Nope, I'm just smiling."

"Okay," I shrugged before chewing some of the cold treat.

"I left you alone for two minutes." He muttered and I frowned at him.

"What?"

"Nothing," he smiled.

"What's it like to go from being an only child to getting a sibling?" Liam asked, changing the subject as he leaned back on his elbows. I was thankful for my sunglasses so he wouldn't see me checking him out.

"It's annoying," I nodded going along with a smile. "But it's the type of annoying that you can't imagine life without anymore."

"How so?" He asked before biting his popsicles.

A piece fell off the stick and landed on his stomach and melted in the spot. I blinked and I quickly shook my head before looking up at him.

"Huh?"

"What kind of annoyance can't you live without?" He chuckled and I looked down at my popsicles in embarrassment. I pushed my sunglasses on top of my head before looking back up him.

"Katelyn leaves things lying around the house all of the time. Her blow dryer, even though I brought a stand for her hair supplies and products. She'll eat a bowl of cereal and she'll leave the bowl in the sink when all she has to do is rinse it and put it in the dishwasher. Once in a while I'll find her shoes in my room." I told him before smiling up at him.

"But it's like something I roll my eyes at with a smile. Because I don't really mind it." I told him and he nodded.

I finished the last bit of my popsicles and I looked down at the stick.

"These aren't the ones with the jokes." I frowned before glancing at Liam who was looking at me intently.

"What?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "I just kind of want to kiss you."

My heart sped at that and I blinked down at the sand.

Well, what exactly does he expect me to say? That I want to kiss him too? Because he already know that. Is he waiting for me to kiss him?

Maybe that it. All of our kisses have been initiated by him and maybe he feels like I don't want him to kiss me. Maybe that's why he always asked.

There's only one way to find out.

"Daisy?" Liam called softly and before I could psych myself out, I reached over and placed my lips on his.

For a brief second, he was surprised but instantly reacted and his hand moved up and he gently held my face and kissed me back. His lips were cold from the ice and he tasted like cherry and Liam. It was my favorite taste.

I pulled away a few seconds later and bit down hard on my lips to stop my smile.

"I," I cleared my throats before looking up at him. His grin was strikingly beautiful and contagious.

"I wanted to kiss you too," I shrugged and he let out a laugh.

"I'll say,"

My cheeks reddened and he leaned over and placed a softer kiss on my lips.

"Please feel free to kiss me anytime." He smiled and I looked down with a content smile.

[0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0]

Happy Saturday.

Comment

Vote

Share

Coming up: I don't know 🤷‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 17.3K 103
Tracy Campbell is 23 years old fun loving girl. She is always laughing and doing fun around. No one never saw her crying. But deep down inside her sh...
2.6K 870 24
Hayden is a teenager with a mental disorder that impacts herself and the people around her. She's misunderstood by everyone but herself. Liam is a g...
546 43 33
20 year old Claire Young has lived anything but a normal life. Her family doesn't care much about her, and basically treats her like a maid. She has...
464 101 12
Bella knows that deep down she needs someone who will love her, cherish her, taking care of her even when she acts tough and independent. Someone who...