Downtown (Foster the People F...

By SikeOut

Autumn... A street girl. Orphan. Her parents left her then brought her to her Aunts house. But then she ran a... More

Downtown
Dream... Maybe?
Foster Autumn
Shopping in the Rain
Home
The Band
Beach!
Its Late
Interview Already
Meet Up
Miss You
Fitting In
The Next Day
The Truth
Anything Helps
Beginners Guide to Running Away
Fix You
Lost Kin
Original Home
Too Soon
In Your Hands
Trying to Rethink
Don't Stop Talking to Me
It's Been So Long

Finding Him

239 13 3
By SikeOut

A/N

Hey! Before you read this you have to of read the other first parts of the book... Obviously! This is a couple years later. I know the book has gone by really fast, it's because I haven't had time to write a lot. So when I write I think it's a lot so I publish it. :P Anyways, enjoy and vote. Share and comment also!

A COUPLE YEARS LATER...

I had just turned 15, and I was with my brother Zack at one of his games. He was playing really good, and possibly could win the MVP! I was excited for him. But more excited that it was my birthday. My past had been forgotten. I was happy to be with my brother. Even though he made me run track at my school every year. Sometimes I got first, but other times it was just not my day.

Me and my brother met outside of the stadium and hopped inside his small ford. He turned and smiled at me.

"Where do ya wanna go birthday girl?" He smiled some more as he put the keys in. I smiled and looked around the car. His hands snapped as he waited impatiently for me.

"Um um the mall I guess." I shrugged my shoulders and looked out the window.

"Why are you so anti social?" He sounded serious, and looked intently into my eyes. I knew he wanted an answer.

"That aunt... Sh-" he put a hand on my shoulder.

"I know." I sat there silently as the car started. We both sat in the car quietly as we drove. We reached out for the radio at the same time... I won and turned on music. For more deep sorrow... Coming of Age turned on.

"Why aren't you singing?! You love this song!" Zack punched me in the shoulder playfully and smiled.

"It just reminds me of him." I sighed and looked at my feet. I still had the shoes we bought the first day we met. It brought me sorrow every time I thought about it more. But I couldn't get him out of my head.

"Well, you might see him again."

"But I don't want to see him again."

"Yea you do, you're just not ready to." Zack sighed as he turned into the parking lot. I tried to smile as we walked in. A bunch of Zack's fans came up for auto graphs. A couple people said happy birthday. Who ever did made my day.

"Thank you guys." He smiled at all of them as we walked into the mall. As we walked around there were concert posters all over the walls. They were a blue... Like the supermodel album. I looked closer, and of course it was Foster the People. My mind couldn't help but think about Mark. I once loved him, but he didn't feel the same apparently.

"Come on." Zack waved his arms toward me. He chuckled as I dragged behind looking at the posters. We both walked around for a while, but found nothing interesting.

"Anything you want here, and you've found nothing." I could see him chuckle out of the corner of my eye.

"Yea, nothing at the mall interests me." I puffed and looked around at the shops. As I looked around Zack tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hey I gotta go to the bathroom. Text me where ever you go okay?" I was shocked that he would even leave me alone. But oh well.

"Al-alright." My smile turned into a devilish one as he walked off.

What trouble should I get into today?

That thought roamed through my mind. I chuckled and ran down the elevator stairs. I ran toward the posters for Foster the People's concert and ripped one down. As I walked off I sat down on a bench by a shop. I read the poster and looked on the front and back multiple times. The front said;

Foster the People pumps up LA

That little pun made me chuckled as I studied it. As I folded the paper I saw some sunglasses shine as they walked by. But these... These were no ordinary sunglasses. They were Mark's. I could see his brown shaggy hair and the usual FREE MAGO shirt. My mouth mumbled the words as I stood up.

"M-Mark?" I barely screamed as I saw him. He didn't look back. So I said it again, but louder. Once again, no glance. He's forgotten about me. I saw the way he reacted the next week on the news. He had no emotions on his face. I was just another girl.

He disappeared into the crowd I wanted to chase after him. Because I did miss him. But he didn't feel the same, so I let him go. After a few minutes, I walked toward a candy store. I could've sworn that I saw Ponsi's blond curly hair as I walked in. But it was just another man with his kid. I'm really hallucinating today.

When I walked out of the candy store with my bag full of skittles, I bumped into someone. My bag dropped out of my hands. The skittles went everywhere. When I looked down to get the candy, another person bent down to help me.

"I'm sorry, that was my fault." A familiar voice rang through my ears. It soothed me. All I did was smile as I kept looking down to pick the candy up.

"It's ok Mark." I chuckled and looked up into his beautiful blue eyes. He smiled more than I have ever even seen him.

"H-h-hey Autumn!" We both chuckled and finished picking up the candy.

"Hey." I smiled and gave him a small hug.

"Where have you been? You ran off from me." His eyes showed happiness as he stepped closer.

"I've been with Zack." I smiled at him shyly. The thought about him not caring rang through my thoughts still.

"Oh that's right..." He scratched his head and looked at the floor. A sigh came from his voice as he talked.

"Yea. I saw you're posters in the mall, as a matter of fact I have one in my pocket." I smiled digging through my pockets.

"I've seen them, speaking of the mall wanna go walk around with me?" He smiled and shoved his hands in his pockets. Nervous like that interview. I chuckled.

"I would love to." We started walking around, I eventually threw my candy away from being thrown on the floor. Me and Mark were quiet most of the time we walked.

"Why did you say that? When I left?" I just had to ask, I wanted an answer from him.

"Because it was true, you didn't want me to be around you." He sighed and sat on a bench by a store we walked by. I sat by him and studied his face.

"I loved you Mark." My arms reached out around him as we sat there.

"I loved you more than any of those girls I dated Autumn." He wrapped an arm around me. My eyes focused on his.

"Then why would you leave me for them? At that party that night?" I looked down at our feet. We started playing a footsie game.

"Because... I was dumb. I didn't realize how important you were to me." He sighed and wrapped his foot around my ankle.

"I was dumb to not realize you were trying. It was dumb of me to run away." I let out a deep sigh and leaned back on the bench.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I did, alright?" He leaned forward, and put his elbows on his knees.

"We both messed up I guess." I shrugged my shoulders. He sat up and looked at me. Our eyes met, and butterflies flew in my stomach. Finally, I got to see him again. He was this close. My hand reached out and I messed up his hair.

"Thanks." He chuckled and tried to straiten it again. As he did I leaned forward and gave him a hug.

"I've missed you more than anything." My whisper echoed through out my head. Then he replied back softly.

"I've missed you more." His voice calmed me as he hugged me back. We sat there hugging by a store. I admit, it was weird. But amazing at the same time. My phone vibrated in my pocket a while later from Zack.

Text:

Where the heck are u?!

I looked up at Mark and sighed.

"Zack." My eyes dropped to the floor as I stood up.

"I guess I gotta go." His hand reached out and grabbed mine. Both of our eyes met again. The butterflies rose again.

"I'm not letting you go again." Marks grip grew tighter. My other hand reached out and grabbed his.

"Well, how are you gonna stay with me?" I chuckled and looked down at our clinging hands.

"I'm still your guardian I think." His hand reached up and tilted up my chin. I had completely forgotten. My days were in depression when I left Mark that day.

"I-I have completely forgot!" I shouted and chuckled. He laughed with me and wrapped an arm around me.

"You gotta text your other brother." Mark chuckled and poked at my waist. I chuckled and pulled out my phone.

Text:

I'm going to hang with Mark. That guy at the donut store 2 years ago? Yea he adopted me a while back... Maybe we should talk about this somewhere.

"Well designed essay you have there." He chuckled and gestured toward my phone.

"Oh, I always text like this." I smiled and looked up at him. He was still chuckling at me. My phone vibrated a few minutes later as we were walking down the hall.

Text:

YOURE WITH A STRANGER?! Come to the cafeteria now!!

"He doesn't sound happy." I laughed and grabbed Marks hand. We ran down the elevator step things as we ran. He was clinging onto his pants, because apparently he forgot a belt. That made me laugh the whole way there.

"Slow down!" He gripped my hand and made me come to a complete stop.

"I'm sorry!" I laughed as we stood there out of breath. He chuckled and grabbed my hand. We started toward the cafeteria again, but at a walk. I could see Zack sitting at a table drinking a protein smoothie. I've tried them... They're really gross.

"There's the birthday girl." He smiled and stood up, but then saw Mark. We all paused for a second. Mark and me had a confused/shocked facial expression. Zack had a furious look.

"Well... I didn't know it was your birthday." Mark chuckled and shoved his hands in his pockets. Zack chuckled a little bit with him.

"Yup!" I smiled and nudged Mark.

"Why are you going to hang out with him?" Zack asked, he was tensed up and his fists were clenched at his sides.

"Because remember? Sorta my guardian?" I shrugged my shoulders and looked up at him. He was smiling from ear to ear and pulled out his wallet.

"I actually still have the papers in my wallet." His hands searched in his wallet as he pulled out a tan paper. Mine and his name was signed on it. Zack let out a puff of air and rolled his eyes.

"You kept them?" I laughed and looked over the papers. He chuckled and nodded his head at me. We both smiled and looked up at Zack. He frowned and pointed at Mark.

"You better not hurt her again." I put his hand down and smiled at him. He giggled and walked off from us.

"Yay!" I laughed and hugged Mark's arm.

"Don't get crazy." He chuckled and pushed me off his arm. We both chuckled and walked off. We walked into a couple stores and talked a lot. Until it was getting dark outside.

"Well I believe this birthday girl needs a break." He smiled and looked down at me. I let out a deep sigh and searched through the mall with my eyes.

"Guess I gotta go home." I hugged Mark for a long time. Eventually he put his arms around me.

"I always have that guest room you used once." He looked down at me still smiling. I smiled back and laughed into his chest.

"I would love to sleep in that guest room again." He took my hand and kneeled by me.

"I'm sorry about our past." His face turned blank and emotionless. Like when I left him.

"It's alright. You didn't know better." I sighed and kissed his cheek. His smile came back as soon as I did.

"Well we can try again then." He stood up and we walked out of the mall. I was to happy to say anything more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 355 42
Adrianne and Mark got Married seven years ago... when Mark and Adrianne were only eighteen years old.They were apart and now Adrianne is back but thi...
2.1K 205 32
Mark Foster wants to start a new life. He is a former drug addict, with no money and plenty of talent. He plans to go to L.A and hopefully start a mu...
2.7K 140 17
The Foster Girl Chronicles: Book 2 Calliegh's hopeful that she can see the guys again, but will that ever happen? Can she find the courage within her...
707 16 12
A fanfic about Foster the People's Mark Pontius. (All rights belong to their rightful owners). Enjoy. :)