The Royal Thrive (Completed)

By TwoPolarOpposites

Walking pass these beautifully painted and carved palace walls, the sounds of her high heels clacking against... More

The Royal Thrive
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 1 - The Beginning
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 2 - The Royal Palace
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 3 - Naomi and Anna
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 4 - Prince Nathan and his ego
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 5 - A Mother's Rant
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 6 - Revenge? I've never been so scared
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 7 - The other prince?
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 8 - The anti-social ghost
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 9 - I believe people call it...Telekinesis.
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 10 - Noah's helping hand
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 11- Nathan the bipolar
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 12 - Evil calculation
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 13 - A holiday together
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 14 - Disaster
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 15 - Empty threats
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 16 - The punishment death
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 17 - Worthiness of love
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 18 - A Foreseeable Danger
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 19 - My mate
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 20 - Giving up
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 21 - Betrayed
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 22 - Ascend to power
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 23 - Declaration of Solipsism
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 24 - Defend or Offend
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 25 - My friends
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 26 - To love and be loved
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 27 - Reminiscing the past
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 28 - Jealousy
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 29 - Overtaking Danger
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 30 - Bloodline
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 31 - Guilt
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 32 - Deep in the heart
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 33 - First Attack
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 34 - Cruelty
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 35 - Confused Hearts
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 36 - Two paths
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 37 - Shattered
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 38 - Something and Someone
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 40 - Our fault
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 41 - Conflict
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 42 - The End
The Royal Thrive - Epilogue
The Royal Thrive - Extra Chapter

The Royal Thrive - Chapter 39 - Confessions

3.6K 137 4
By TwoPolarOpposites

I had a bit more spare time this week, so I'm updating! 

I actaully really enjoyed writting this chapter, it's great to write in Raine's POV. I always found it hard writting other POV's or even a chapter in Raine's POV but one that doesn't include a lot of action? XD 

ENJOY! 

Please either vote or comment below 

P.S. Chapter have not been edited I only skimmed through it to check through some obvious errors. So there might be some grammar or spelling mistakes. 

...

It has been four days since I woke up from my coma. Much to my surprise everything seem normal within the palace, despite the death of Anna and the Eclipse Moon pack no one mentioned anything not even the palace maids. According to Nathan and Noah, the queen silenced everything. 

Anna’s funeral happened when I was in a coma, the last moments before her death still wring my heart. Now standing in front of her grave I read the engravings - reading the year of her birth to her death, a tear escape from my tear duct. Quickly wiping it away, I put away the thought of thinking she could’ve lived longer. 

“Anna, you can rest in peace. I will do everything I can to pay for your sacrifice” Vowing in front of her grave a notice a shadow nearing me - glancing up I see the minister. “Are you here to tell me that I should’ve died instead?” Guessing his woods I silently smile to myself, I always knew the minister hated my existence. He still believe in the vision he had - the vision where I will destroy the kingdom. Out of the blue the minster suddenly comments on what I just said; “No, in fact it doesn’t really bother me” “What?” Looking at him again with my eyes slightly widened he looks at me with a smile; something he never gave me the moment we met. 

Immediately I feel uncomfortable, I’m questioning his sudden change of behaviour towards me. “I admit I was wrong about you” He laughs at himself - “Judging by the way you nearly died but was still adamant and commanded us to try and save Anna. I knew you wasn’t another version of ‘her’ “ 

Turning my body towards him I face him properly, “Who is this ‘her’?” - he suddenly laughs, almost as if he’s laughing at my naivety. Quickly recovering from what he found amused he give me a serious look, “I treated you like that in the past because I thought you’re just like Lucy” 

“Lucy? Who was she?” 

Laughing again I start to get annoyed, what is he finding so amusing?! 

“Lucy was the queen’s original name, before she changed it to Irene. I thought I saw her in you; did you know what is the most horrific about living in this palace and being a part of the royal family?” The million dollar question, he dropped it without even wasting any time.  I look around me, the royal graveyard. The walls that surround the palace, it’s hauntingly beautiful and cruel. “In this palace, people change. I grew up with Irene and King Nicholas, but because of the role as the last Elder Wolf I was never really able to fully maintain this friendship. The first time I saw the vision about Irene, it was the exact same as yours. In context you both were destroying the kingdom - you both denied of ever wanting to harm the kingdom. Then in the end you both ended up in the highest position within the palace. Ironic isn’t it?” Before I could refute some of the things he say he suddenly raises his hand stopping me from saying anything; “The difference between you two is that, she is blinded with hatred and jealousy because Nicholas wasn’t her true mate. Whilst Noah is your true mate - that is the difference between you two.” 

The look on his face, bittersweet. An expression that doesn’t even fit on that face of his, or at the very least didn’t suit him due to the expression he normally wear. I certainly overlooked him - “I hate the queen, she drove so many people that were important to me to their death. She’s selfish and manipulative. However, I understand her pain - or at the very least acknowledge her pain. I always thought being selfish is a act of selflessness - it just depends on what side of the coin you’re looking at. However, there can only be on side that can decide the future and it can only be this one side that can be the best one. I know little of the future, and I certainly cannot say what I’m doing right now is for the best. However, I like to believe what I am doing is right. The queen certainly wasn’t wrong for wanting to put Nathan to the top; in this entire world the person she is closest to is Nathan. Yet, this caring love of a mother slowly turned into an obsession for power.” Looking down onto my palms I mimic the action of holding something preciously; “We all have something and someone to protect. I’m sure, one day the queen will be able to pull away from that obsession and realise that sometimes, the closer you hold onto it; the quicker it leaves. That’s what I learnt” “You certainly are a good candidate for the queen. I will no longer doubt you. I shall gather all my forces to help you stop Irene thus saving Nicholas.”

“Leave saving the king to me” Punching lightly against my heart he throws me a confused expression, but he doesn’t yet know that we have our plan in action. Nathan and I will soon head to the Southern Moon pack to pay a memorial with Anna’s pack but that is just a disguise. “W-what did you just say?” the minister stuttered after I whispered him the truth - the truth that only I know. The truth that Anna had given me. 

“The king is hidden within the Southern Moon pack” 

On the way to the Southern Moon pack me and Nathan drive in one car whilst a car of body guards follow behind us. Leaving Noah behind I feel slightly unsure but with the minister helping him I’m sure the queen can’t do anything much; “So the moment we’re able to get father we can execute the plan” “Noah and my new pack had teamed up with the Lunar Eclipse pack - my pack will be ready to attack once we make the signal”. Finally and thankfully during the coma I went through it motivated noah and Nathan to  have gathered enough forces to suppress the amount of military power that is around the palace. The cult group that the queen is teaming up with will be suppressed once we get this part of the plan work. Thanks to Anna’s intel we are able to overthrow the queen a lot easier by getting the king to reign once again; we’re going to attack when she least expect it.

“Nathan, if this works out. It’ll be the final straw you know? Your mother…” “I already told you, I want to save her too” Reassured through his words I smile and nod at him and as we drive through the thick forest I sense us passing through a barrier; we’re now within the Southern Moon pack. 

This is going to be a hard journey. 

As we go further into the forest, a thick mist starts to appear. “A mist? Something is wrong” Nearly growling, our wolf instincts are kicking in and already we know we’re surrounded, “Doesn’t this situation seem familiar when we was surrounded in the car?” Referring back to the time when we got ambushed by my new pack Nathan scoffs, “That was easy, but this is no joke. There’s around 100 of them probably all around the area of 50 meters.” Stopping the car we see the car behind us stop too - they also know something is wrong and most of all we are surrounded. 

“Let me go out” “What the hell. No!” Nathan grabs me as I try and loosen my seatbelt, “It’s a death trap out there!” “The reason they are like this is because they think I killed Anna, their Alpha’s daughter.” “Anna’s parents were long dead, so in other words Anna was their Luna, I’m their Alpha” Insisting for me to remain in the car I reject that idea. 

“You have no control over them at all, not until you two have mated you cannot intrude the pack’s linage! I’m pretty sure you haven’t either! So in reality you’re an outsider to them!” Arguing already he roll his eyes, probably because he knew that him and Anna weren’t in the best relationship so the mating wouldn’t have happened anyway. “ Are you so confident that they won’t kill you? They’re just like another Eclipse Moon pack.” “Not when I show them, the truth.” Nathan looks at me confused I push Nathan back and opening the door, I look back at him. “Don’t just stand there, come with me”; inviting him Nathan makes a dramatic sigh  “You’re insane, Raine” Rolling my eyes this time we both exit the car and quickly signalling the guards not to jump out they also throw me a confused expression. 

The mist is getting heavier and heavier, our eyesight is limited. “What are you planning?” Nathan mumbles under his breath as I smirk - “Bait them” I whisper back before the first wolf pounces in front of us. 

Within a split second, I grab Nathan’s hand telling him not to move. He squeezes back as the wolf charges towards us but I know the best is to stay and not do anything. Sent flying backwards Nathan holds onto me as we crash into our car causing the car door to cave in, and hearing Nathan curse under his breath I see a huge scratch across his arm that he used to protect my head. “Sorry Nathan… but” “I know, suck it up isn’t it?” He laughs as we stand back up as we hear a few more growls, “I can’t risk you getting hurt, you’re important” Rolling my eyes I look up at him “Really?” Laughing at his sarcasm he looks at me seriously, immediately I remember that moment we had back at the Eclipse Moon pack. The time when he confessed that he … 

“Na-“ 

“I know. Noah, will kill me if you get hurt” 

He knows it, I know it. There is no future for us. There isn’t meant to be a ‘us’ and he knows that - but still, I am flattered by his confession. We will always be great quarrelling friends. 

The wolf attempts to charge again but this time more of them at once, our guards are desperately waiting for us to signal them to come. It’s about time I do something - “Stop!” Calling out to them they all stop in mid air struggling to move forwards or backwards. “You’re using it already? You’re going to exhaust yourself” Nathan comments with a dry sense of humour as I look around me, “I’m Crown Princess Raine Avery, this is Prince Nathan.” A suddenly wave of growls bombard us, “We didn’t come here to harm you, and certainly didn’t come here to die. I just want to speak to you all.” Dropping them onto the floor they all transform into their human form, “You’re not getting out of here alive. None of you!” “That’s right! You killed her! We will never forgive you!” Soon a rage of complaints mixed with hatred and anger surround us. 

Stepping forward Nathan does something I never expected. 

“Enough.” 

Immediately stopping the wolves all stare at him in shock, and so do I. “You’re all going to head back to the pack house and you’re listening to me and Raine. Right now.” Obeying his orders their shocked expression isn’t quite fitting in with their actions. Gathering together they all wait for Nathan to lead them or perhaps waiting for Nathan so they can lead him to the pack house. Either way, grabbing my arm Nathan gently pull me towards him “Come on” Looking slightly uncomfortable under my gawping mouth and eyes he shakes me; I haven’t moved an inch within the one minute he said ‘Come on’. Annoyed he rubs the back of his neck. 

“You’re the one trying to act smart. Now you have the truth” 

I know; I should never underestimate an man’s actions. Ever. 

Please vote or comment below ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 332 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
566 7 31
When Rox's father left she had no idea why, or what she had done at the age of 5 for him to not care. After her new neighbors moved in next door her...
141K 6.6K 43
nova lives in a sea of grey. her world is a dull canvas, bleak and lifeless. having grown up with an unorthodox background, in a poor urban town wit...
3.5K 171 7
The is now a SAMPLE ONLY. The story will continue EXCLUSIVELY on AnyStories. "Hello little one" came a booming voice, deep and sultry that made my s...