Late Night Talks ✔

由 brainwrecked

HIGHEST RANK : #1 in Fiction and #9 in Teen Fiction A prank call gone wrong brings Vivian Castillo fac... 更多

aUthOR's noTe
chAptER oNE
chAPtEr tWo
chAptER thREE
cHapTeR foUR
chaPtER FiVe
ChApteR sIx
CHapTer SeVEn
cHApTer eiGht
ChaPTEr n!Ne
chApTer tEn
ChAPTer eLeveN
chApTer tWeLve
chAPTer Th!rtEEn
chApTEr f!FtEen
ChaPTEr s¡xteeN
chaptER SeVenTeeN
chAptEr e¡ghteEN
chAptER niÑeteEn
ChapTEr tWentY
chAPter tWenTy ønE
chaPTEr tWentY TwØ
chapTER TWeNty thrEe
ChApTer twEnty fOur
chaPter twenTY fIve
cHaPtEr TwEnTy sIx
ChaPTer tWentY sEvEN
chAPTer twENTy eiGHt
chaPTer twENty nIne
not an update
*summary so far* part 1
*summary so far* part 2
chAPter ThirtY
chAPteR ThiRTy oNE
cHAPter thIrty tWo
ChapTeR thirTy ThreE
cHAPteR Th!rtY foUr
chAPter th!RTy fIVe
ChapTER THiRTy Six
cHapter THiRTy SEvEn
ChAPTEr tHiRtY eiGHt
chAptER tHIRtY NinE
cHAPtEr fOrty
cHaPtEr foRtY onE
ChApter fOrtY twØ
cHaPTer fOrTy thRee
cHAptER fORtY FOur
cHApteR fOrtY fIVe
cHapTEr FOrty siX
ePiLOGuE
A FLING TO REMEMBER

ChaPTer fOurtEEn

37.7K 1.3K 276
由 brainwrecked

A/N : Goal - 26 votes & 21 comments
Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : Style - Taylor Swift

     "Oh, look at you. My baby looks so pretty. You're all grown up." My misty eyed mom gave me a big hug and almost squeezed the air out of my lungs.

     "Mom, please! It's just prom." I detached myself from her.

     "When is your date going to be here? Who's this kid?"

     "He's a senior and goes to our school."

     "How did you two meet?" My mom gets pretty excited when talking about boys.

     You don't want to know that, mom, I silently thought to myself. Out loud, I said, "He's Tiffany and Nate's friend. Met through them." At least, it was half the truth.

     "You never told me when you started dating."

     "Mom, no. We're not dating. He's just my prom date."

     "Oh you never know, darling. That's what your dad and I thought in the beginning of our relationship," she said dreamily, remembering their romance. "We thought it was just another high school romance, but twenty years later and here we are. Madly in love just like the first time we said it to each other."

     "Yeah, mom. That's awesome. But you have to stop making it sound so magical. It's not like that anymore. That stuff doesn't happen anymore, though I wish it would."

     My mom was disappointed that I didn't share her beliefs. "You never know what's gonna happen," she said.

     I know she was trying to make it romantic, but the situation I was in, made the sentence sound scary. You never know what's gonna happen. . .Oh, darn it.

     My sister somehow escaped this torture when she left as soon as her date arrived. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but I'd rather she didn't compare her love life to mine.

     She had dad, with whom she felt an instant connection. They knew right away that they were soulmates. My mom was popular in school and extremely gorgeous. I've seen their high school photos.

     I was nothing like her. And here she was, wanting to meet my date, who as she says, could be my potential soulmate. She said the same for Cabe.

     She wasn't going to let me leave without meeting Derek. I didn't want her to meet him. I didn't think he was the kind of guy you'd want your parents to meet. I didn't know much about him, but he had that bad boy vibe, which would make any parent apprehensive letting their daughter go with him.

     My mom's romantic soulmate fantasy would come crashing down.

     He'd probably stay in the car and not come down to the door.

     "You don't have to meet him. And he'll probably just wait in the car," I said to my mom.

     My phone beeped. It was Derek's text.

     "He's in the car outside. I'll go."

     "Won't I meet him?"

     "No, mom. He's waiting outside. I don't think he's coming in. Don't worry, okay?" I hugged her.

     The doorbell rang. Crap!

     My mom raised an eyebrow.

     "Oh, I think he's here," I said unenthusiastically.

     Maybe Derek meeting my mom was not a bad idea. She would put her foot down and refuse to let me go with him.

     I went to the door, my mom right behind me. I opened the door, hoping against hope that nothing embarrassing should happen.

     "Hi," Derek greeted me with a smile as soon as I opened the door. I smiled back.

     Then noticing my mom behind me, he said, "And you must be Mrs. Castillo. Nice to meet you." He extended his hand for a handshake.

     My mom looked happy seeing him. "Nice to meet you too, Derek."

     Okay, maybe no one else sees the bad boy vibes radiating from him like I do. He hides it behind his boyish looks and disarming smile, but I can see right through it.

     "Bye, mom."

     "Have fun. And be home before curfew."

     "Don't worry, ma'am." He displayed his cute lopsided smile which would melt anyone's heart, except mine. "I'll get Vivian home on time."

     We left my house and walked to his car. I momentarily paused seeing it in my driveway. It was the same car, a Prius, which he almost drove into me. I gulped and looked at him.

     His eyes were already on me. "You look beautiful."

     I noticed what he was wearing for the first time tonight. I was nervous of how the meeting would go between my mom and Derek to really see him. His tall and lean body looked great in a suit and tie with his hair flopping over his forehead.

     "Thank you," I said, breaking my rule of not talking to him.

     We got in the car, I strapped on my seat belt and we were on our way to prom. To avoid awkward exchanges, I took out my cellphone from my purse and began mindlessly scrolling through it.

     Music played on the radio in the car. I heard Derek clear his throat. "So, who are you pranking now?" he asked in his thick, husky voice.

     "No, I'm not!" I scoffed. "That's not my hobby, in case you thought so."

     "You're pretty good at it. I might've mistaken it as your hobby."

     "Can we not talk about that?" I said agitated.

     "Why not?" he drawled out.

     I grunted in frustration.

     "You are pranking someone, aren't you? Is it Nathan again?" he gave me that knowing smile.

     "Maybe I am. Well, what are you gonna do now? I'm not standing on the road, so you can't scare me. I'm in the car," I challenged him.

     "You're in my car, with me. There's a lot I can do." He smiled slyly and winked.

     My heart leapt out of my chest. Shit! I walked into a trap. "What do you mean?!"

     "I mean this. This exactly." He pointed to my face, which had a horrified picture painted on it.

     I was still confused with a dumbfounded look.

     "I proved you wrong. I just scared you."

     "No, you didn't!" I cried out.

     "Really?" His tone was challenging. He gave a hearty laugh. It was both relieving and annoying at the same time. "You should've seen your expression."

     "Just stop talking!"

     "I don't think that's gonna work out. You're my date tonight."

     I ignored him and was going to use my phone, but then decided against it. Instead, I looked out of the window at the trees planted on either side of the road.

     "You know, most girls would prefer watching me to the trees," he said.

     "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" I asked him.

     "Aren't you? Enjoying my company?" he asked smugly.

     "No, I'm not. You talk a lot."

     "What do you want me to do?"

     "I want you to drive in silence."

     "That's a rude way to talk. You're hurting my feelings," he said feigning hurt.

     "And you scaring me that day was what, friendly?"

     "Ah, you're still sore."

     I crossed my arms and looked out of the window again.

     "You're cute when you're angry."

     I didn't reply.

     "You might as well let it all out. Silence can get uncomfortable."

     I was determined to remain silent.

     "You're not going to cry now, are you?"

     "No! I don't cry," I said indignantly.

     "Great then. That's another thing that makes me uncomfortable."

A/N : Thanks for reading! If you liked the chapter, please consider voting and commenting. What did you think about Vivian and Derek's banter?

# Would you rather be able to see 10 minutes into your own future or 10 minutes into the future of anyone but yourself?

Thank you CookiesnCream133 for reading my book <3 You're awesome and so is your book.
It's called The Latte Encounters and it's cute as hell. Check it out guys. It was #21 on the hot list recently.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

879K 37.9K 48
Katherine Solace has been hurt, toyed with, lied to, and completely heartbroken by her first love. And what does she do about it, instead of crying o...
456K 22.7K 38
Skylar Davies has always been a proud member of the "Invisibles", you know, those people at school whom everyone seems to NOT know about? But when s...
1.2M 39.4K 46
[ Highest Rank: #3 Teen Fiction ] [ Highest Rank: #25 Romance ] ❇❇❇ Life's hard when you live next door to the High School Bad Boy that used to be...
Irreplaceable 由 Megan

青少年小說

18.9K 498 33
Scarlett Mendoza is your typical high school senior. She has a caring boyfriend, a god honest best friend and not to mention perfect grades... all in...