The Mega Man: Legend

Oleh MorganFReeW

The year 20XX. An ordinary kid for as long as he can remember. He's done what everyone else has done, and he... Lebih Banyak

Ch. 1 Rock
Ch. 2 Rock Pt. 2
Ch. 3 Rock Part 3
Ch. 4 Roll Part 1
Ch. 5 Roll Part 2
Ch. 6 The Ice Man Cometh Part 1
Ch. 7 The Iceman Cometh Part 2
Ch. 8 The Ice Man Cometh Part 3
Ch. 9 Rock Jump Over the Candlestick Part 1
Ch. 10 Rock Jump Over the Candlestick Part 2
Ch. 11 Candlestick Part 3
Ch. 12 Deadlocked Part 1
Ch. 13 Deadlocked Part 2
Ch. 14 Deadlocked Part 3
Ch. 15 The Good, the Yellow, and the Wily
Ch. 16 The Robot Masters
Ch. 17 The Robot Masters Part 2
Ch. 18 The Robot Masters Part 3
Ch. 19 Spearpoint Part 1
Ch. 20 Spearpoint Part 2
Ch. 21 Spearpoint Part 3
Ch. 22 Spearpoint Part 4
Ch. 23 Spearpoint Part 5
Ch. 24: Eight is Greater Than Six
Ch. 25 Bubble Wrapped Part 1
Ch. 26 Bubble Wrapped Part 2
Ch. 27 Heat Stroke Part 1
Ch. 28 Heat Stroke Part 2
Ch. 29 Heat Stroke Part 3
Ch. 30 If a Tree Falls in the Woods
Ch. 32 Cold Front
Ch. 33 Crash and Burn
Ch. 34 Flash Bang
Ch. 35 Full Metal Face-Off
Ch. 36 Run Run Rockman
Ch. 37 The True Masters Part 1
Ch. 38 The True Masters Part 2
Ch. 39 The True Masters Part 3
Ch. 40 The True Masters Part 4

Ch. 31 Does it Make a Sound?

167 6 10
Oleh MorganFReeW

We hit the ground a bit hard, as I hadn't tried to make our landing very soft. Granted, that can be difficult to do if you are more concerned with dodging an incoming projectile. I donned my armor in an instant.

Tempo got up quickly, and let out a small yelp when the rabbit targeted her again. I got up on one knee and fired a series of rapid shots into its body. It was distracted from launching an attack, and I pulled her over to the side quickly. 

ATOMIC FIRE LOADED.

I smiled a little. "I like the sound of that."

I fired two quick shots, which formed small fireballs upon use. They flew towards the robot and burst, quickly destroying it.

I made my way over to Tempo, putting my hand on her shoulder. "I have to do this now. Just head back, and I'll try to get this over with as soon as possible."

No sooner had I finished saying that when a series of bat like robots flew overhead, before beginning to circle around us. They did small dives, trying to either ram us or grab something. They were moving around too randomly to be targeted, and they were moving just fast enough that I couldn't hit any out of the air.

I decided I would have to try firing shots rapidly. It would be the best chance of taking them out. I tried firing three times as quickly as I could, but they were dodged again, and I felt one hit me from behind, knocking me down to the ground.

I grunted as I got up, rubbing my head through my messy hair.

Wait. My hair?

I looked around quickly, and saw one of the bats clutching my helmet as it flew along, slightly slower than the others now. They were now starting to fly off deeper into the woods. I rushed forward and fired an unassisted shot at the bat with the helmet. I hadn't fired without the aiming system in a long time, but this shot managed to be on point.

The blast flew quickly, and right as it approached its target, it was intercepted by another bat. This one fell to the ground, and the others went on.

"Dang it!" I growled. However, the only option I had was to go after them. I turned to Tempo and told her, "Please, just go." Before quickly following where the bats had gone.

---

After a while, the forest changed, losing its natural feel to some extent, as elements of the forest became more extreme. I was forced to drop into a very large hollowed out tree, inside which were two fire-breathing robot dogs (and if they weren't called Hot Dogs, I would really lose some hope for Dr. Wily), and a few other bats and a rabbit. After climbing for a while into the tree, I came out near the top, where a series of small bamboo platforms had been precariously suspended between the tree I had been in, and one directly across from it.

The platforms swung badly enough, but as I stepped on each one, I came under attack from strange birds that flew across before dropping an egg, which, upon breaking, released several smaller versions which would swarm me. I managed to keep myself together and not fall, making it to the other side of the gap and entering the next tree.

It was mostly a straight downward descent, winding down a sort of staircase in the tree where a series of the rabbit robots waited, which would have been very easy to take out if I had the gravity prone Bubble Lead.

Once I beat the last rabbit, I jumped down and fell a short distance, before landing on what seemed like the actual ground again. I began walking, when suddenly, a sound from above drew my attention. I glanced up as a large robot much like a roadrunner dropped from the trees, landing on top of me and rushing off without a thought.

I muttered something about roadkill as I got up, and turned to see another one running towards me. I quickly opened fire, aiming right at its body. Much to my surprise, however, each burst harmlessly against it, and it continued to run. It jumped off of the ground, before coming down right in front of me and crashing into my side.

The hits I was taking were having a toll. I glanced at my energy bar on my buster. Barely half full. But I had to keep going. I ran ahead, and, unsurprisingly, another roadrunner dropped from the tree and began to run towards me. This time I ran forward at it. I tried to recall where the previous one had left the ground. Within a second of it jumping, I stopped hard on the spot. The robot soared rather majestically over my head, not bothering me.

I had to do it a few more times, then found myself at two trees with a large metal gate hanging between them. I swallowed and approached it, and it opened swiftly before me.

I stepped in and found myself in a sort of room in the forest, with trees on all sides too dense to escape. On the other side of the room, a large tree stump sat on the ground, with a few animals, some robotic and others seemingly real, perched around it.

Instinct pulled me forward a few more steps. "I'm here. Let's do this."

A deep, almost calming voice came from the across the room. "Really, Mega Man? You would be so anxious to do battle in such a place of beauty?"

The question kind of confused me, and I responded by asking, "Well then, what are you doing here?"

There was a soft chuckle. "I suppose you have a point. I was made to interact with and preserve nature. And yet my primary function is to destroy you. How ironic that those should clash here." There was movement from the stump, and much to my surprise, I could see a pair of hands coming out, and a large set of legs lifted the wood off of the ground. It turned around, revealing a brown robot, with large eyes in the middle of its head being the only indicator that it wasn't an ordinary piece of wood.

"I am Wood Man. I assume you already know that I am a creation of Dr. Wily, meant to destroy you."

I probably should have responded politely or something, or said my own introduction, but I was a little thrown off, and I responded, "Are you made of wood?"

He smiled. "Yes, I am. A strange design choice, but it is a rare, incredibly durable species, and it makes me lighter than being made of metal. A good thing, considering how bulky I already am."

He looked back and waved his hand a little. The various animals and robots flew off into the forest. "Believe me, Mega Man, I do not want any harm to come to life. Dr. Wily does not program us with a restriction on harming humans. This restraint comes from my own processors, and I will uphold it as long as I am able."

He stared at me with a deadly serious look. "But do not undermine me. I will follow Wily's orders in the end. If there is no other way, I will harm humanity, if it means making a safer place for these animals, robot or otherwise."

He raised his arms, and a series of leaves began to fly out of his body. They began to orbit him in a spherical fashion, moving at high speed. 

"I apologize." He replied, before the leaves launched ahead towards me at high speed. I fired a few shots at them, but surprisingly, they behaved just like the roadrunner robots, dissipating the shots on contact. I had no options left but to put my arms in front of my head and brace myself. The leaves, despite how they appeared, seemed to be designed like weapons. They were likely made of an incredibly lightweight metal, and sliced across my body as they hit.

I dropped my guard and looked at him as he began speaking. "I despise weapons. So understandably, it pains me that I must be one myself. These leaves are produced at a constant rate within my body, and I posses a special magnet to control their flow, without affecting other metals. And they are far more durable than you can imagine."

He formed another set. I tried firing more shots, but nothing could get through. "Don't be ridiculous. You can't pierce my Leaf Shield. They move at such a rate that I am never unprotected."

As much as I hated it, I was kind of starting to agree with him. I lowered my buster and started to talk. "Wood Man, I'm sorry that you have to do this. But serving Dr. Wily isn't the way. Do you really think he cares about nature or life? That just because you take care of me, nothing or no one else is going to get hurt? Well I have some news. That's a lie."

He stared at me with a determined expression. "I will not betray my creator."

"He may be your creator," I replied, "but he didn't make you who you are. Your programming is based off of Dr. Light's design. He would never you to hurt anyone."

"Enough." He interrupted. "You make good points, Mega Man, but I cannot betray my orders. I only ask that you grant me a chivalrous struggle before one of us must be defeated."

He started to walk towards me, and his shield launched towards me. I dodged it, but quickly had to keep moving as a series of leaves began to fall from the trees above, seemingly much like those in Wood Man's Leaf Shield.

A few gave me some slashes, but for the most part, I was okay. Unfortunately, that didn't mean I was in any way set to win this battle. I had yet to land a hit on the Wily Robot, and he had dinged me up pretty decently.

I decided to run around the edge of the battlefield, trying to avoid his attacks and figure out a strategy. No matter how I moved, Wood Man hardly did the same. Since I had entered, he had covered more distance walking from where he had been taking care of the animals than he had moving around in battle.

It had to mean something. Either Wood Man was incredibly confident in the ability of his Leaf Shield to protect him, or something else...

I wasn't paying attention, and rammed into a tree as I ran around. I dropped to the ground, clutching my chest. I glanced outside at the dense trees, and heard something.

"Psst." It was a whisper from outside the arena, and one that sounded familiar.

"Tempo?" I replied softly. "I told you to leave, it's not safe to be-"

"I have drills in my hands, okay?" That shut me up. "It's a long story, and it's what I wanted to talk to you about. But first you have to beat this guy."

I grunted as I glanced back. Wood Man was checking out a flock of birds that had left the tree after I smashed into it. "I can't. He's got a shield I can't hit through, and he's always overwhelming me. I'm trying to figure out what his weakness could be, but..."

Suddenly, I connected it. "Movement. He can't move with the shield. His movement shoots it like a projectile, so he has to stay still."

"Oh. Okay, what does that mean?" She asked.

"If I can get him to move involuntarily, I might have a chance. But how could I do that?"

Tempo let out a sigh. "I might be able to help."

"What?"

"The drills in my hands are high power excavation style. If I used them right, I should be able to make a small tremor."

"That...could work. But only once. I need a trump card, something that can take him out in one hit. My only chance at that..." I replied, looking back, and seeing the bat holding my helmet floating in the air above the battlefield. "...is that. Well that's unusually lucky."

I stood and readied my buster. "Wait for a signal. And also, hope I don't get myself killed."

I stepped away from her and called out. "Hey! Let's do this thing."

"So eager to pursue this conflict, Mega Man? This isn't something I expected from you." He took a battle stance. "Very well. Let us 'do this thing.'" 

Another shield formed. I didn't move. "A curious choice. Let's see what you do with this." He fired the shield at me. I jumped directly over it, directly towards Wood Man. His eyes opened in surprise.

He seemed to try to summon another Leaf Shield, but it wasn't ready. I landed on his head, propelling myself off of it into the air. I quickly approached the bat. "I believe..." I fired a buster shot at it at point blank, and caught the helmet as I began to descend. I landed on the ground and slipped the helmet on over my head. "...this is mine."

He nodded. "Impressive. You are a clever fighter Mega Man. However, I will not let you win." He pulled yet another shield up. "Nothing can damage me through this, even if you have that helmet."

ATOMIC FIRE LOADED

I readied the weapon and quickly studied its capabilities according to my headset. "Fireballs, heavy ammo consumption...charge capability...?"

I looked up just in time to see another Leaf Shield fly towards me. I jumped to the side, and began charging the weapon.

Wood Man brought up another shield, and more leaves fell from the trees. I just had to dodge, which became increasingly difficult as more and more leaves were added to the mix.

Finally, I could feel my arm rumbling with an intense power. I planted myself (Author Note: Pun maybe sorta intended) and called out. "Wood Man, please. It's not too late to leave this. Come with us, and we'll help you."

From within another shield, he sighed. "I...I cannot. My decision has been made."

"Then I'm sorry about this. Now!" The ground beneath us began to rumble slightly, until it escalated into a much more violent rumbling. I could see small animals scurrying about, and as I looked over, Wood Man struggled to keep his balance. As for myself, I gripped grass with one hand, as hard as I could. The only precaution I could make.

Finally, he took a step backwards on accident, propelling the shield in that direction. I didn't hesitate, standing tall as the tremor ceased, and unleashing the blast. A mighty fireball almost as big as I was burst from within my buster, quickly approaching and engulfing Wood Man. The recoil knocked me back more than a foot, and my eyes widened in surprise.

I rushed over to the cloud of smoke around Wood Man. In the center, Wood Man lay on the ground, still burning. "Oh my gosh." I muttered. 

BUBBLE LEAD LOADED.

I quickly used the bubbles to put out the fire, but Wood Man still lay there, unmoving.

I hung my head. "Wood Man...I really am sorry. You...you really cared. And I won't forget that."

DEACTIVATED ROBOT DETECTED. ENGAGING PROTOCOL. SCANNING...SCAN COMPLETE. LEAF SHIELD DOWNLOADED.

I sighed as I sat down.

Tempo approached me finally. "Are you okay?"

I sniffled a little, but replied, "I'm fine. I just wish Wood Man had been able to make his own choice. He's the first robot I've seen under Wily's control that really seemed to want to be free."

She put a hand on my shoulder. "Well, you can tell me about all your little Mega Man insecurities while I tell you about how I'm a robot and stuff."

I looked up at her and smiled as my armor blinked off of my body. "Yeah. I'd be happy to."

---

3 down. 5 to go.

The robot masters just get more intense from here. How will Mega Man handle a battle several hundred feet in the air? You'll just have to wait until next time.

Until then, adios, peeps.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

21.4K 580 43
The Atom.. A title passed down by the L/N family from generations to generations, always looking for the gift their family had in their family so lo...
383 4 9
"Excuse me!? What did you call me!?" "A Robot Master." "I'm not THAT! I'm just a superhuman!" "Humans can't have powers! You're a robot! A Robot Mast...
10.8K 216 49
In the year 20xx, a new type of technology is being produced worldwide. The robot masters, advanced machines with an ability to have human emotions a...
385 46 21
A teenager with no memory of who he is discovers powers and is told to become a hero. He's seen heroes and doesn't trust them but he has to work with...