Military Girlfriend

De Midnight_Writer97

I didn't think you would mean this much to me. I was never suppose to fall so hard for you, but every time yo... Mais

Military Girlfriend
Military Girlfriend (Chapter 1)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Untitled Part 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39: Epilogue

Chapter 23:

17.5K 350 33
De Midnight_Writer97

Chapter 23:

"Babe I am telling you we're lost." Uncontrollable laughter escaped my lips as I realized we were getting no where. Now I know what you may be thinking, Shaylee you're crazy if you're laughing hysterically at being lost. I swear to you i'm not though, i'm just extremely tired because it's one O clock in the morning and we've been driving since eight. We were all fine while I was driving, but an hour ago when Jay takes over we are now lost. I mean I couldn't even tell you where the nearest hotel was. Not how I pictured our first road trip, but hey memories are being made. Right?

"We are not lost, we're just-"

"Jay, we're lost. Can we please find a gas station and ask for some directions? It's getting late."

"We aren't lost, I know where we're at."

"Really then where are we?" I raise an eyebrow challenging him while fighting back my tired smile.

"I forget what it's called." He's biting back his own smile as well, and won't even look over at me all the way.

"What is with men never asking for directions, does that lower your guys testosterone or something?"

"Hey never question us men, we promise to get you to the destenation safley and that's that."

"You put us more at risk driving around tired at night in the middle of no where, rather than pulling over and asking directions to the nearest hotel."

"Well do you have a GPS on your phone?"

"No, I don't have service and I already checked yours and the same thing goes for you as well."

"Just take a nap or something and i'll wake you up when we get to a hotel."

Meanwhile i'm staring at the window as we pass various signs, one in particullar catches my eyes. Next Rest Stop: 50 miles

"You got to be kidding me!" I groan in frusteration as I turn up the heat in the car.

"What's wrong?"

"Did you not just read that sign? 50 miles until the next hotel, 50 miles Jay!"

"Shit, that's awhile from now."

"Yea, and it's going to seem longer because we're both tired. Look I just say we pull over and sleep for awhile before we drive anymore."

"No. I think I can drive for a little longer." 

He tries to protest, but I give him the look and he gradually pulls the car to the side and to a complete stop. I take my time and grab the spare blankets in the trunk before giving one to Jay and reclining my seat back. Before I can think another thought i'm fast asleep.

I'm awakened by the sound of running water, I'm confused at first and when I open my eyes I find sheets draped over my body. I look around the room and see the items of what appear to be a hotel. The digital clock next to me reads 8:30. I toss the blankets aside and pad across the floor to the shower.

"Babe?" I knock on the door a couple times as the water shuts off and Jay opens the door with the white towel wrapped around his waist and another one in his hand dryer his hair.

"Morning, how'd you sleep?" He kisses my forehead as he walks past me and starts the small coffee maker in our room.

"Good thanks, so I thought we agreed to sleep in the car."

"We did, but after thirty minutes of me sleeping I was over being cramped and you looked ucomfortable yourself so I drove the remaining of the way and got us a room."

"Jay you didn't have to do that, but thank you that is so sweet. Did you carry me in?"

"Yea, and changed you into my t-shirt. Don't worry I didnt look longer than needed but I felt that you would be more comfortable once you were out of  those jeans."

"You're so cute, thank you." I give him a quick kiss before grabbing some clothes from my suitcase and my toothbrush and headed to the shower.

"I'm going to go get you some breakfast from the lobby and some more coffee, i'll be right back ok?"  He calls as i'm turning on the water.

"Sounds good, thank you."

After eating some breakfast and getting dressed and ready, we filled up the car with some gas and we were back driving again. This time I made sure that Jay was giving me the directions and I was driving.

"I actually think we're ahead of schedule, we should get there later tonight or early tomorrow." Jay says as he pulls out his phone to text Josh.

"Good because I can't wait to meet them, and the baby. Do you know what they named him?"

"Not sure actually, I'd like to say they named it Conner or something but I'm not 100% positive."

"That's a cute name, so what is Josh like?"

"He's extremley funny, and you'd think he would be some tough guy but he's such a softie. Me in the guys always make fun of him. As far as his wife goes, I haven't met her but she seems sweet of what he talks about her. She's really supportive of him and was totally understanding even when he missed ultrasounds."

"Well that's good, anyone dating someone in the military deserves that type of woman to stand by their side."

"True, that's why I'm happy to have you."

"Aww thank you baby, same goes for you."

"Can you believe we've been dating for eight months already?"  He ask as he takes his attention off the passenger window to look over to me.

"I have to say this has been the best eight months of my life, and just think when you're finally out of the army we will be together for a year, pretty exciting." I smile at him just picturing the future we will hopefully have together.

"Yea, and don't worry Shay after i'm out of the army things won't be so complicated. Maybe after i'm out we can get a little pace together and move out of that place and you can have better chances of getting somewhere with your writing."

The thought of us moving in together as a sereal feeling sinking in as the butterflies and smile start going.

"Actually I think I want to become a paramedic instead." Its the first time i've spoken my idea and I steal a glance at his reaction to see what he's thinking.

"Really, what changed your mind? You we're so set on writing since you and your mom shared your passion, you know since she supported your dreams so much."

"I just think I want to help people, give them a second chance at life. I signed up for the classes, I mean I know this will costly but I think i'd be good at it."

"I'll support whatever you decide babe, you know that. I just think you should give it some time before you start this. What you see will be scaring, I mean not everyone will make it. Nancy told me you were having nightmares of me being at war, Shaylee what you see on your daily shifts will be just as bad. That will give you nightmares, but only worse since you have to see it everyday."

"I get what you mean, but I really would like to help people."

"If you want to do this, then i'm all for it. I'm just asking you to give it a second thought." He gives me a reassuring smile as the rest of the time in the car is filled with just the music playing as a background noise.

What Jay thought would be three days of driving was actually two, and as I pull into Josh's driveway I find myself taking my time to shut off the engine. What if his friend doesn't like me and changes Jay's view on me, I mean they seem that close.

I see what I assume is Josh stepping out of the screen door as he spreads his arms open waiting for Jay, I look beyond him to see a fairly petite girl with medium light brown hair craddling a baby in her arms, she sends me a warm welcoming smile as Jay burst out of the car and is running up the three small steps to his friend. The engulf each other in a brotherly hug and I laugh as I lock the car and take cautious steps towards all of them. There house is nice, they have a good sides front long and I can see from the side of their house they have an even bigger backyard. Its a light colored house, with flowers lining the walk way. Its really cute, and the image of me and Jay having our own cute cozy house like this enters my mind.

"Shay come here!" Jay yells snapping me out of my fantasy as I walk the rest of the way and entering my feet on the doormat before entering.

"There you are babe, Shaylee this is Josh and his wife Natalie."

"It's nice to finally meet you guys, Jay has told me so much about you guys I already feel like I know you." I shake the hands of the glowing couple as I stare down at their bundle of joy wrapped safely in her arms.

"This is Cayden." She smiles down movin the blanket from the little ones face so I can see him better. I smile brightly at the dirty blonde baby who is fast asleep. He's so precious you can't help but stare as you breathe in a fresh breathe of air. It's like seeing life at his rawest time and it's an amazing feeling to feel. I can't imagine how they feel being parents, and once again i'm picturing Jay and I being parents.

"Cayden, that's what it was. Could have sworn it was Conner." Jay say as he pats a congradulations to Josh's back.

"Bro we went over this, we were thinking about Conner but settled on Cayden. I told you this."

"Well obviously you settled on Cayden." Jay smiles as he wraps his arm around my waist to see him better.

"Would you like to hold him?" His wife ask as she fixes the tiny blue socks picking out of the blanket.

"Ohh I don't know." I say worried i'll do something wrong, I mean i've held babies before but none this small.

"I will, let me just go wash my hands first." Jay beams as Josh leads him to the kitchen.

"You guys are truly cute together." Natalie says as we both walk to the grey couch and sit down.

"Thank you, and your little family is just precious. How long have you and Josh been married?"

"Four years, we got married when I was just eighteen."

"How'd you know he was the one?"

"Honestly you just know, there was something about him that was just different then all the others. He made me feel things i've never felt. People thought we were too young and we were moving too fast, but look at us now? I feel on top of the world."

"Wow that is just amazing, Jay and I haven't even said I love you too each other yet."

"Well it's clear you guys are. It doesn't matter where you are or if the moment isn't right. All that matters is he knows, and I promise you things will fall into place. I mean look at me, i'm a happily mother and wife by the age of twenty two. I'm young but I couldn't be happier."

I give her a small smile, as Jay reappears from the kitchen with Josh by his side.

"Alright let me hold the little guy." He opens his arms as Natalie places him softly in his arms. The way he naturally hold the baby makes my heart beat a little bit quicker.

"When they're that good with kids, that's when you know they're a keeper." Natalie sends me a wink and a little nudge as we both sit back and watch our men.

"Is hot dogs and hamburgers ok for dinner?" Josh ask as he lights the BBQ.

"Of course, thank you for letting us stay here." Jay says as him and Josh light the BBQ, beer in hand.

"No problem, you'll be here for the next three days right?" Natalie ask me.

"Yea, is that alright with you?"

"Of course, Josh has been dying to see his friend and it's nice to have some girl time."

"I bet, how's it like being a mother?"

"It's so rewarding, but its so exhausting waking up every night so many hours. Yet every time I see his face and his eyes looking up at me its all worth it. Just knowing you're all they have, you're the one guiding them through life is just a weird yet increadible feeling."

"I can't wait for that day."

"Yes me either, and then it will be our turn to come drive to your's and Jays house and meet your little one."

"It's crazy to think Jay and I could have our little family." I lean back into the couch as she watches me with amused eyes.

"I can see it though, excuse me. I'm going to go feed him and put him down. I'll be back shortly." She picks up her son from the swinging chair and you can tell she goes into her mother mode as she craddles him close and love shines through her eyes.

"How you doing babe?" Jay ask as he kisses my forehead and smiles down at me.

"It's going well, Natalie is so sweet and Josh seems great too. Are you happy we came down?"

"Yes thank you so much for letting me come down here. I know I just got here but you've been so understanding and I really apperciate it."

"You're welcome. Anything for you." I lean up and capture his lips with mine, like I said before. Love is crazy, but let me tell you it's an amazing thing to feel and i'm glad to be his. He's not like the rest, he gives me feelings that no one else ever has.

"I've fallen so hard and fast for you Jay, I dont need the right moment or the right time. We have now, and I am so in love with you."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

89 18 8
You are worthy of love, no matter the damage.
20.5K 1K 42
Every girl has always wanted that "perfect love story". Where the boy is handsome, the girl is beautiful, and they fall in love. Well, unfortunatel...
2.2K 398 102
Iwish you days with sunrise and gentle breezes. I wish you smiles with no reason to be sad I wish you happiness which knows no end I wish you peace o...
487K 22.9K 27
All she wanted him to do was smile. A love story.