Grace - Elijah Mikaelson -

By Nanuri

Why is the oldest Gilbert never part of the story? Grace fled Mystic Falls after her parents died in an accid... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Gangster's Paradise (Bonus Chapter 1)
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92

Chapter 19

24.8K 774 150
By Nanuri

Grace sat on the floor in a warehouse in the middle of Chicago and stared at a coffin. What a lovely view. Unfortunately it wasn't Elijah's. Klaus and Stefan had left her on watching his damn sister wake up.

Of course Klaus couldn't stop himself from giving her a subtle warning. His trust was surely something she would never really earn. Rightfully so.

"Don't waste your time trying to find your beloved here. He's somewhere else, far away from your sneaky little hands." 

She memorized the words he spoke with a cocky grin.

Before they came here, they were at the bar of some witch whose name Grace already had forgotten again. The elderly woman had babbled about a talisman and that Stefan had history with Klaus and his sister back in the 20's. It was all way to confusing for her, so she zoned out quickly, bewaring herself from a throbbing headache from all this nonsense. 

But now the boys were back on witch-business and Grace was alone to keep Klaus' baby sister in check. However she should defend herself against an angry Original...She would have to talk reason into the girl. Which wouldn't be an easy task as she probably was stabbed for a century now. 

While she sat there, she thought about the hybrid's method of terrorizing his own family. How horrible it must be to be taken down like this. Immortal, but still vulnerable to their brother's wrath. Decades, centuries taken from them. Grace hoped Elijah wasn't suffering in this state. He hands started to shake by the thought of him. She missed him by her side badly. He would've known what to do, like he always did. 

Standing up, she checked on the guy Klaus compelled to be his sister's snack. Compulsion was another topic. Grace hadn't learnt it until today, no one had ever bothered to show her how. She had tried herself, but failed miserably. 

Grabbing the man's shoulder she looked deeply into his eyes and tried to mimic what Stefan and Klaus did when they compelled humans. She could still remember how horrible it felt when she got everything back in transition, so she actually felt pretty bad that she even tried.

"Go to the door and back." 

Her gaze was intense and she stretched her willpower as much as she could, but something inside her resented it. She just couldn't. Sighing she turned around as the guy's pupils didn't dilate, he just looked at her confused. 

Fortunately, she was ripped out of the awkward situation when she heard a groan coming out of the coffin. Finally the girl woke up, Grace was sick of sitting there alone. 

Unsurprisingly, the younger Original didn't seem to be in her best mood. Suddenly, the coffin was empty and Grace was pinned to the ground. The face of a snarling blonde beauty hovering over her, grabbing her by her throat, ready to rip the younger vampires head off. 

"Who are you?"

She growled angrily, the veins around her eyes still pulsating. Grace coughed as her hand started to squeeze, but she wasn't afraid. Klaus wouldn't have left her there if he wasn't 100 percent sure that his sister wouldn't dare kill her immediately. Well, and maybe he finally learnt his lesson that Grace could look out for herself.

Grace patted the blonde's hand so she could speak. Glaring at her, she released her grip a little. 

"I'm Grace, nice to meet you, too. Your brother told me to wait here until you wake. I'm not your enemy here, take your understandable rage out on him, please." 

She shrugged the Original off and jumped to her feet afterwards. The girl's expression was confused, trying to take everything in. Grace then had the time to look at her clothing. She wore a beautiful flapper dress with fitting jewelry and a head band that held her messy curls in place. A little pain pinched the vampire's heart when she remembered how long it had been since she had gotten a look at  a proper history book. 

"...nice dress." 

Grace added and got the sister's attention back. She flashed a little smile and then looked down herself, before examining Grace's clothing with a look of slight disgust on her face.

"Time's changed I see. How long was I out?" 

A shiver ran down Grace's spine. It was so gruesome. She had to tell her that she nearly missed a whole century.

"Around ninety years judging by your style."

Grace swallowed thickly, feeling sorry for the girl. She couldn't imagine how this must feel.

"This bastard. I'll rip him to shreds." 

Her gaze was filled with rage again, emotions were easily readable on her extraordinary face. She would need some time to get herself together, even if it wasn't her style to flip right in front of someone she didn't know.

"We can think about a revenge plan later. You must be hungry." 

Grace pushed the man towards the Original and the blonde's eyes were fixed hungrily to his neck. But she spared the younger vampire a thankful glance before she bit down on him.

She drank until the poor guy dropped to the floor in a puddle of his own blood. 

"I'm Rebekah, by the way." 

Her face was smeared with blood now and her eyes their dangerous and arrogant gleam back. Already bored after she fed enough, she took a seat on her coffin.

"You still haven't answered my question of who you are. By that I don't mean your name, I probably won't memorize." 

Grace couldn't help but smile at her snarky comment. She already liked Rebekah. That girl definitely could kick ass. Taking a seat next to her on the wooden coffin, she watched her feet dangle down while she spoke.

"Got into your brother's business. Can't tell that I regret the reason, but it still sucks." 

She smiled slightly at the thought of Elijah, but then the image of how he fell to the floor with a dagger in his heart made it fade quickly. 

"Are you Nik's girlfriend?"

Rebekah's head shot around, again this look of disgust visible on her face. A hearty laugh raised in Grace's chest, but she tried to hold it back, which made it only worse. She looked at Rebekah funnily before she burst out laughing to which the Original glared at her annoyedly. 

"Sorry, the irony is hilarious. No, Klaus is actually the person on this planet I loathe the most. He sacrificed me and my sister on a blood altar to become a bloody hybrid. Then he forced me to be his sidekick. Because your other brother cares for me." 

The confusion in the blonde's face was back as she processed everything. Now it was her that snorted chuckling. How long she had to help Klaus finding a doppelbitch and this stupid stone. And now she was dagger while he finally broke his curse. 

"Elijah...where's he now? Is he here talking reason into Nik?"

Grace sighed and clenched her fists. She could barely talk about what happened to him. 

"He daggered him right in front of me. See, Beks, I want my revenge as much as you do. But I figured it's quite senseless when it comes to your brother." 

Rebekah's hands also clenched when she heard the news. How dare he dagger Elijah, too. He was becoming more lunatic by the second. 

The younger vampire explained everything Rebekah had missed, including everything about the ritual, Grace being the doppelgänger's sister up to Klaus looking for his hybrids. 

"Well, I guess if we can't go full on revenge, we should at least have our fun with him, shouldn't we?" 

A grin spread on both the women's faces. This was the start of the prefect partner-in-crime relationship between Rebekah and Grace. 

...

When Klaus entered the warehouse again, he found Grace laying on the floor, her eyes closed, her neck twisted. Panic flooded the hybrid, he rushed to the girl. She shouldn't die on his watch. Elijah would rip him to shreds, literally. 

He shook her by her shoulders to make her wake up, but before he could even listen for her heartbeat, he was pinned to the coffin standing next to them. Rebekah was in front of him, shoving her dagger inside his chest. She knew that it wouldn't affect him, but at least it would hurt a little. Klaus groaned and looked at his sister shocked, only to be surprised by Grace suddenly standing behind Rebekah, chuckling and smiling sweetly at him.

"Fooled ya." 

She said as Rebekah shoved the dagger a bit deeper into his chest before stepping back. Klaus quickly removed it and shot a death glare at Grace. He should make her pay for this. 

But he had to take care of his little sister first. He let the dagger drop the ground and grabbed her by her shoulders, which she only shrugged off and continued to walk away from him, which hurt Klaus feelings deep inside him.

"I understand why you're angry. But I hoped you could let it go this once. Brought you a little peace offering." 

He motioned towards Stefan who now stood next to Grace. She frowned, wondering what was going on here. When they were at the witches place, she heard that they had history, but she didn't know about the extent. 

"Stefan..."

Rebekah gasped. Klaus walked towards the younger Salvatore and looked him in the eyes, compelling him. Still Grace found it frightening that it was so easy to compel even vampires for an Original. 

"I want you to remember now." 

Realization and confusion both rushed over Stefan's face when he looked at Klaus and then at Rebekah. He remembered that they were friends now. But he didn't feel anything more when he looked at the blonde. She probably hadn't meant that much to him as the girl thought. 

Rebekah stepped towards him, smiling like a lovesick fool, but Stefan didn't return the smile. Everything fell out of her face when disappointment took over her. Grace felt even more sorry for her and she interrupted the scene. She linked her arm with Rebekah's and started to walk out of the warehouse with the blonde.

"Come, it's time for you to be introduced to 21st centuries clothing." 

The Original didn't struggle and just lifted her chin, understanding that Grace wanted to save her from making herself a fool in front of Stefan. She was thankful for that, not that she would ever admit that, but Grace understood it without words. 

"I think we created a monster here." 

Klaus chuckled and tapped Stefan's shoulder in pity as he followed behind the girls. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 933 18
A foster child, Olivia, befriended Luka who moved to mystic falls with his father. He had told her he was a witch and about the whole supernatural go...
215K 7.6K 27
「𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧」❝ I'll do it all over again ❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Melrose and Damarion Fisher, mother and son, returns to Mystic Falls, after 145 years...
212K 3.3K 17
My name is Ariel Gilbert. I'm the oldest Gilbert. I'm popular for my eyes. They're a color that had never been seen in eyes before, purple. My parent...
310 14 10
Sarah Gilbert, an 18-year-old with unc ananny ability to into the background, leads a life of secrecy and simplicity. But little does she know that h...