A Girl Named Summer

By princessshree

Jay's live turned upside down when Summer entered his life. She was his so called step sister but he hated he... More

A Girl Named Summer
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 22

4.5K 175 5
By princessshree

Sorry for delay :)

************************************************************

Summer:

“Justin March!!!!” I cried his name aloud while pushing the door wide open. He jerked back in his chair and papers in his hands fell down. I was in full anger and I narrowed my eyes at him. He looked confused and opened his mouth to say something, but closed instantly.

“Summer Emily Wilson?” he said casually. I crossed my arms around my chest and raised an eyebrow at him.

“Justin, when did you plan to tell me the truth?” I asked him. Outside patients and nurses stopped outside his door. I could hear their murmurs. I smirked when he looked uneasily. He hurriedly walked towards me and pushed me inside while closing the door with other hand. He turned to me and stared weirdly at me.

“What on earth are you talking about,” he waved his hands in the air frustratingly.

“Oh! Now you don’t even know that what I should know,” I placed my hands over my hips and glared at him,” wait! You didn’t even plan to tell me… like me… I am our cousin… your favorite cousin in your words, huh?”

“Listen…. Speak clearly,” he raised his eyebrows. Bastard!

“Ha! Amazing. You forgot to tell me about your girlfriend… about whom? Your damn girlfriend?” I snapped at the last words. His jaw went wide and looked as if the deer was caught in the head light. That’s it, he is caught.

“How… I mean…” he stared to stammer.

“Don’t,” I walked up to him and poked on his chest,” you cheated me,”

“Ch…cheated?” he looked shocked. Of course, he did. Not once he said that he has a girlfriend, than I wouldn’t have told his name when Austin kissed me and said he loved me. Now I am caught. He knows the truth but the half truth.

Looking at him, I know I am over reacting. I should have at least asked him before I open my big mouth. Now how am I going to explain him?

I sat on the chair and buried my face into my hands. I felt like someone sitting next to me. He sighed and waited for few seconds.

“Summer… I am so sorry. I know I should tell you before this…. But… you know things changes… I am so sorry… I didn’t know that you loved me. I love you, you know that, right?” he said softly.

Okay, what the hell is he talking? I leaned back and looked at him. He was feeling guilty.

“I love you, you know that… but may I ask you what’s wrong with you? I love you as my cousin not like anymore,” I rolled my eyes.

“I know,” he chuckled,” I was just making fun,”

“Ha ha! Very funny,” I gave a fake laugh. We looked at each other and burst into laughter.

Few minutes later, we were sitting in the café in front of the clinic. He ordered coffee and for me it’s ice tea. He will never allow me to have the coffee. It will affect my heart. After taking a long sip of his coffee, he gently placed it on the table and cleared his throat.

“So when it all started?” I asked him.

Leaning back to the chair, I can clearly see him blushing. Justin never blushes. Never.

“Her name is Sophia; we used to be in same high school. I liked her. She is beautiful, intelligent and smart,”

“So not like me, huh?” I interrupted him. He just looked at me. I rolled my eyes and raised my hands in surrender. He continued.

“First I stared talking and later we started dating. And then things changed,” he looked behind me, but he was remembering her.

“How?”

“She…she listened to others and started arguing with me. I got frustrated and we decided to break up,” he said as if it ended. But I know, it didn’t.

“Just like that…. You didn’t even try to talk to her again,” I questioned back.

“Many time… but she never listened to me,” he sighed and took a sip of coffee.

I felt bad for him. The one girl he loves is not with him and the one boy I love is near to me but I can’t have him. What happened at the garage was not supposed to happen. He sounded more confident that he wants me. I was in my thoughts that I didn’t even realize that he was talking.

“…. That night I met her,”

“Whoa! You met her, there. That’s why you weren’t there… I mean…” I couldn’t continue further.

“What? I just told you. Anyways, I met her and we talked… discussed,”

“Discussed? You guys discussed?” I smiled shockingly.

“Yeah! We sort out few things and now we are in speaking terms,” he finished his coffee and looked at me. He pointed my tea, indicating to finish it. I finished it while he paid the bill. We walked outside of the café.

“So you guys are what? Like friends?”

“Sort of,” he shook his head and smiled. I sighed, what’s wrong with this guy?

“Every relation has some problem and they need to be fixed, maybe it will take time and all. Your eyes sparkle when you say her name and you have that smile whenever you think about her,” I wrapped my hand around his forearm.

“Like when you think about Austin?” he smirked.

“No! It’s not about Austin now,” I tried to change the topic. He shook his head and laughed.

“Well, yes it is. You never resist whenever he is near to you, admit it once,” I rolled my eyes. Even though he was telling the truth, I should deny that.

“No…” I sighed, I can’t tell him lies,” yes, it is. And after what happen last night, I can’t even…” I didn’t continue, instead I kept looking front. He paused walking and made me turn towards him.

“What happened last night?” he raised his eyebrows. Oops! I can’t tell him, he will kill me.

“Nothing,” I scoffed and tried to free myself, but in vain. He was way too strong.

“Are you sure…. I think you are hiding something,” he voice was stern. I shook my head and smiled lightly. Nothing can be worse than this, if I tell him. We walked up to his clinic came, I felt him there and walked to the home.

***

Days passed quickly as it held with lots of work. Jenny was also so busy, she hardly touches her food. I and dad always make time to make her sit and eat. The house is filled with relatives of both mine and Jay’s. It’s so beautiful to have a house filled with kids. Small kids having fun while running here and there, playing with everything they find, of course I have to run behind them so that they won’t break things.

Things changed a lot after that night, I almost started avoiding Austin. Whenever I bump into him, I just excuse myself and flee away from that place. He tried to talk to me but I never gave a chance to him. I felt bad when I see him hurt, but I have to avoid him.

I lose control when I am with him or even when he is around me. But with Jay’s wedding, there is no chance that I don’t cross his path. So I decided to stay away from home as early as possible. I started going out with Jess for her shopping and with Jenny, for decorating the house. I started getting tired and many times I started feeling sick. I never knew wedding will cause me such health problem but as usual I ignored them. It’s time to celebrate.

It was fun, having things to do for a wedding… that too for my brother. I don’t know I can see any other wedding. Maybe it will be the last one. I used to feel sad whenever I think that I can’t see myself before the mirror in the bridal shop wearing the bridal white dress or choose the maid of honor or bridesmaid dresses for my friends, most importantly I will never walk through the aisle along with my dad. But whenever I see the environment around me, it makes me forget everything and involve me with the present.

Even thought I am busy with all the wedding work, I took little time to go the children’s home and spend time with them. I even took Jay and Jess and they enjoyed a lot there with all these children. They played a song for the wedding couple and made a gift for them. It was a small flowers bouquet made of color papers. Jess loved it.

And as everyone was looking forward for the big day… it finally came.

“So how do I look?” Jenny turned to me and looked hopefully. She looks beautiful in her white bridal gown with sweetheart neckline. Tulips along with roses were bunched together in her flower bouquet. She had that glow that brings brightness in other’s face. Is this because she is getting wedding or she is pregnant or both?

I think it’s both.

“You are the world’s beautiful bride I have ever seen,” I smiled and held her shoulders. I made her turn to the floor length mirror and we both looked at it. Beside her, I was looking better wearing a baby pink color knee length gown. It suited me perfectly. The hair bun over my head contains small pins of roses that Jenny made for me, especially.  She says I resemble the fresh rose flower. I laughed at her comment and later thanked her.

“And you are the world’s most beautiful Maid of Honor I have ever seen,” she smiled and looked at me. I rolled my eyes. Yeah right!

“And one day you will be the world’s best bride,” she squeezed my hand. My heart beat raced at her smile. I know that day will never come. How will she feel when she is herself making plans for my wedding, promised me that she will go shopping for my wedding dress? I took a deep breath and look away from the mirror. Looking into her eyes I can’t remain strong. Tears were at the tip of my eyes when the door opened wide open and I saw my dad along with Jess’s dad.

Jess’s parents are awesome and already considered us as a big family. Jess’s dad, Arthur is a nice fatherly guy who owns a car mechanic shop which is quite popular here and Jess’s mom is a darling with fully motherly type. When she met me, she hugged me like her child.

“Ready darling,” Arthur called out his daughter. She nodded her head and took a swift glance in the mirror. I saw Dad’s eyes reflecting sadness but somehow he didn’t show it on his face, instead he smiled.

Everyone turned to me, looking at me. Wait! Why is everyone looking at me? I didn’t get it. Jess raised her eyebrow and smirked. Then it hit me, I am the maid of honor. How can I forget?

“Okay… okay, I am going,” I mumbled and took out the rose’s bouquet along with me. I exited the room and stared my journey as the maid of honor.

Still there is a big fat wedding!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20 0 17
Kate Edwards lives a pretty peaceful life. Her Mom and her Dad have a perfect relationship, and she's got awesome friends, and her twin brother Alex...
111K 2.7K 48
☆ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 ☆ Iris was just another girl. She was intelligent, caring, clever, and much more. She lived a normal and happy...
396 68 16
Jess has had a hard life. Her dad died at a young age and her mom blamed her for his death. Her mom remarried a creep who abuses her. Her step dad g...
247 1 16
Megan lived a normal teenage life, living on the popular side of the high school. Until lover boy comes and flips her world upside down, destroying...