Avengers One shots

By quicksilversass

My Avenger one shots and imagines. Mostly x reader, fluff, romance, angst.... Characte... More

Come Out and Play (Pietro x Reader)
Did Someone Say Cake? (Pietro x Reader)
Hold Onto Your Heart (Pietro x Reader)
When I Fall In Love (Steve x Reader)
Castin' My Spell On You (Bucky x Reader)
Lay Me Down (Pietro x Reader)
Ocean Of Night (Bucky x Reader) (M)
Mischief - Part 1 (Pietro x Reader)
Mischief - Part 2 (Pietro x Reader)
Take It Out On Me (Steve x Reader)
Love and Terror (Pietro x Reader)
Nowhere To Run (Bucky x Reader/Walking Dead Au) - Part 1
Nowhere To Run (Bucky x Reader/Walking Dead Au) - Part 2
Can't Get Enough of Your Love - Part 1 (Pietro x Reader)
Can't Get Enough of Your Love - Part 2 (Pietro x Reader)
Howlin' For You - 1: 'Armless Fun (Avengers x Reader) (Halloween Special)
Howlin' For You - 2: Find a big carrot ( Avengers x Reader) (Halloween Special)
Howlin' For You- 3:A prank(or 20)a day...(Avengers x Reader)(Halloween Special)
Howlin' For You - 4: Captain Quicksilver (Avengers x Reader) (Halloween Special)
Designated - Part 1 (Pietro/Steve x Reader)
Designated - Part 2 (Steve/Pietro x Reader)
Designated - Part 3 (Pietro/Steve x Reader)
Call it Heaven - 1: out of the black (Pietro x oc)
Call it Heaven - 2: do i make you uncomfortable? (Pietro x oc)
Call it Heaven - 3: piece by piece (Pietro x oc)
Call it Heaven - 4: the first thing on my mind (Pietro x oc) (M)
Call it Heaven - 5: regrets (Pietro x oc) (Completed)
Trick of the Light - 1: pieces of my heart (Pietro x Reader)
Trick of the Light - 2: heaven help me (Pietro x Reader)
Trick of the Light - 3: blood on my hands (Pietro x Reader)
Adore You (Bucky x Plus Size!Reader)
Saviour (Steve x Reader)
Walk The Dinosaur (Bucky x Reader)
Young Lady, You're Scaring Me (Steve x Reader)

Can't Get Enough of Your Love - Part 3 (Pietro x Reader) (Completed)

5.1K 138 39
By quicksilversass

You are teaching Pietro to play guitar in between missions, but he pretends to be worse than he is to spend more time with you.

---

Nearly a week had passed since you last saw Pietro. He was on a mission with Clint scouting out a potential Hydra base. You smiled at the thought of those two on a mission, not entirely sure both men would make it back without killing each other. Leaning back against the headboard you checked your phone again. Nothing. Where where they? They should have been back yesterday. It scared you just how worried you were and how much you missed him. You tried throwing yourself into training and keeping yourself busy. It was no use, he had become a part of your life, it felt like you were only really happy when he was around. You were falling for him. If only he felt the same.

Tomorrow was the twins' birthday and you excitedly pulled the guitar out from under the bed to make sure it was tuned for the hundredth time. He had better like you, but, if he doesn't you're mine. You felt a smile creep over your face as you thought of his reaction. The restorers had done a wonderful job, it was a vintage hummingbird you bought years ago intending to restore it for yourself, but with Pietro's birthday coming up it seemed perfect for him. You had them put Pietro on the neck, blue on the sides and the hummingbird plate was re-designed in silver and blue with lightning bolts and 'Quicksilver' incorporated into it. It was so cool.

"This is for Pietro? You must really have it bad for him." Nat teased, leaning against the door frame.

"Shut up Nat, its for his birthday he's been doing really well."

"I bet he has." Nat winked at you and you glared back at her.

"Go away."

"Being so defensive only proves my point you know, I've seen you ogling him when you think no one's watching, hell, it usually gets you punched in the face."

"I don't ogle him! and that's just because I'm shit, Nat." you exclaimed to no avail, Natasha knew you too well.

"Who were you 'ogling'? why did they punch you in the face?"

"Pietro! when did you get back?!" He's safe. You almost shouted with relief, you wanted to run and hug him so badly but forced yourself not to, remembering you were holding his present. Shit, his present!

While an amused Natasha watched, you quickly shoved the guitar under your bed out of sight and jumped up, trying to appear casual. Pietro eyed you both curiously for an answer. You certainly were not going to give him one and looked to Natasha for help but she was loving seeing you squirm. Pietro started impatiently stepping from side to side, holding your guitar in his hands. His eyes caught yours but you couldn't look at him.

Pietro sighed, a little concerned, "A few hours ago, who the hell punched you in the face?!"

"No one! she's just winding me up." You mumbled.

He wasn't convinced but you knew how much Natasha intimidated him, he wouldn't push it.

"Oh you two, enjoy your guitar lesson." Natasha smiled and you gave her your best 'I'm going to kill you' look. She just laughed.

"Bye Nat."

You watched as she sauntered off, throwing daggers at her back. Pietro seemed so confused at her tone but you just shrugged it off.

"Want to come in?"

He nodded. You took a deep breath and gestured for him to sit down. Praying he didn't see how flustered you were.

"So, how was the mission?"

For the first time you noticed his tired eyes, he should be in bed not here with you. Or even better in bed with you. Stop rambling.

"What is it you say? A pain in the arse." he muttered, slumping back into the chair.

"You two still not getting along then?" You hated seeing him so fed up, constantly feeling the need to prove himself to the other avengers when he had already done so much.

"He treats me like a child, stupid old man." He ran his hands through his hair, sighing. He was really beaten down by this mission, more than he was letting on. You wanted to ask him what happened, though you weren't sure he was comfortable enough with you, yet.

"Don't ever feel inferior to anyone here, you're worth as much if not more as any of them." Not thinking you placed your hand on his for a moment, sitting back quickly when he looked up at you wide eyed, a curious expression on his face. That was too much. Why did I do that?!

"Want to try some new songs?" You changed the subject, self conscious again. Pietro's mood seemed to brighten a little, that familiar smirk playing on his lips.

"Yes, but no more Chapman."

"Aww, but I liked your version."

He was about to say something when a commotion in the hall distracted you both. Jumping up you peered outside, just as Steve bolted past.

"Suit up, we've got company."

-

The Hydra attack had left everyone battered and bruised but not seriously hurt, well, the tower was pretty messed up but Tony could fix that. Most of you hoped he would call off the twins' party but being Tony, not having a roof wouldn't stop him entertaining. So, after a day of rest and repairing what you could you forced yourself to get ready. You hated being in crowds and drunken ones were the worst.

Adjusting the dress Wanda helped you pick out, you begin nervously walking to Pietro's room. You wanted to say happy birthday before Tony's birthday madness started. You wouldn't get much chance to speak to him with all the girls pawing at him and the lads trying to get him drunk.

As you got closer you heard music again, you couldn't make out the song at first then realized it wasn't his phone playing, it was him. You stood a moment, listening to him effortlessly play the chords and sing with that soulful voice like a pro. You felt such a fool, he picked up everything else quick as a flash why would guitar take him so long? What was he playing at? I'm such an idiot!

"Why do you keep having lessons with me?" you demanded, arms folded across your chest. Pietro jumped up, startled.

"How long have you been there draga?" He sounded so guilty, not meeting your angry stare.

"Long enough. So, why?"

He shuffled around nervously, you knew he was about to lie to you, "I, erm, needed the lessons to get better?"

"You can play perfectly well, you're practically Jimi fucking Hendrix!" You hissed, furious and he shrunk back a little. You hated being angry, hated any kind of confrontation and it hurt you even more it was Pietro making you feel this way.

"I'm sorry," he gave you the puppy eyes again, sitting back on the bed and looking up at you, "I just enjoyed spending the time with you." No chance, that wouldn't work this time.

"How long have you played this well?" he squirmed, thinking of an answer.

"It took me about...two weeks, I don't know maybe longer?" he mumbled, not able to look you in the eyes. You were so dissapointed, why would he lie to you?

"Two weeks?! Jesus Pietro you've had me teaching you like an idiot for three months!" You sighed sitting next to Pietro on the bed, you knew you were more upset than angry.

"How else could I get to know you?!" There was something in his voice you couldn't quite place and he was suddenly flustered, moving away from you.

"I don't know, talk to me?!" You hadn't meant to sound so sarcastic, and cringed at the hurt in his eyes.

"Yes, like you'd talk to someone like me!" he snapped, getting up and turning his back on you, pretending to use his phone.

"What's that supposed to mean?" You asked but he didn't reply. Why was he acting this way? You were the one that was supposed to be pissed, he lied to you for god's sake. So why did you feel like you were the one to hurt him?

"Pietro?" You tried again with a softer voice.

He mumbled under his breath, ignoring you and you gave up not wanting to say anything you would regret.

"Forget it, enjoy your party."

"Come on y/n wait!" Pietro pleaded but you didn't turn around, instead you stormed out, slamming the door behind you.

Tony sauntered down the hallway towards you, not noticing the thunder in your eyes.

"Looking good, y/n. Giving him his present early?" he teased but you scowled at him.

"Just don't." You warned and he backed off arms raised as he headed for Pietro's room while you walked angrily to yours, slamming another door.

-

You threw your shoes off knocking over a lamp and flopped down on the bed. You couldn't decide if you were more pissed off for him lying or confused about his reasons. He wanted to spend time with you? and that comment where the hell did that come from? In your eyes you were not good enough for him, he was a superhero, you just messed around with technology and got beaten to a pulp most days. You heard nervous shuffling outside the door, the accented muttering giving away who it was. There was a quiet knock followed by Pietro's muffled voice.

"Can I come in?"

"Piss off," but he knocked again, "Enervezi! you understand that?"

You could hear him chuckle, "You've been learning Sokovian?"

Pietro carefully opened the door, peaking in and you threw a pillow at him. He chuckled again, "your aim is still bad, yes?" his expression changing to guilty as he sat next to you, seeing you glare at him.

"Why did you lie to me?" your voice was unsteady, knowing you couldn't stay mad at him. He didn't answer for a while and you played with the fabric of your dress impatiently.

"I know what they all think of me, what they must say to you."

"You have no idea do you? All I care about is what you are to me, not stupid rumors," you watched him all uncomfortable and fidgeting on the end of your bed,"you still haven't answered my question."

Pietro wrung his hands nervously, something about him so vulnerable, more than you had ever seen him be. Whatever he was about to say did not come easily to him and it worried you.

"You help me forget, for those hours with you I could just be myself, be happy. I thought if you knew, you'd stop the lessons and we would go back to being...strangers." He blurted out the words so fast you almost missed them, your heart melting a little.

"You really think I'm like that? You're my friend, Pietro, you didn't have to lie to me. I loved our lessons even if you were a terrible student." You teased him with the last bit, all your anger gone and shuffled to the edge of the bed beside him.

"I'm sorry, I'm an idiot, forgive me?" Pietro finally glanced up, his cheeky smile returning as he looked you over, his eyes locking onto yours, "te uiți frumos în rochie," you blushed and had to fight back a smile, "esti adorabil."

"I'm still mad at you." You said as seriously as you could, nudging him. Pietro just leaned into you, resting his head on your shoulder.

"Tell me what can I do draga?"

"Give me my guitar back."

His eyes darted to yours, defeated and he sighed, getting up to leave, "I will get it."

As he went to open the door you caved in, "I was going to give you this at the party, but you may aswell have it now."

He watched as you walked over to your wardrobe and pulled out the huge gift wrapped box.

"This is for me?!" he asked, curiously looking over the huge box, "what is it?!"
Pietro beamed at you his eyes full of excitement, shaking the box and putting his ear to it. You couldn't help but giggle at him. It was like he'd never had a present before.

"Open it and find out." you winked and sat on the edge of the bed a little nervous.

Pietro used his super speed and before you knew it was holding the guitar in his hands and grinning like a fool, the box in bits all over the floor.

"Do you like it? I wasn't sure if was a bit too much-" you started to ramble, glancing up as Pietro ran over and crashed his lips onto yours, pulling you into him as he deepened the kiss.

Pietro took your hand and sat next to you, putting his other arm around your waist, "It's amazing, no one has ever got me anything like this before," his expression grew serious while you were still dazed from the kiss, your lips tingling, "cred că m-am îndrăgostit de tine."

Now it was your turn to grin like a fool, you couldn't believe what you were hearing. He loves me?! Praying you had understood correctly you reached up and cupped his face, taking in his beautiful blue eyes, that smile that gave you butterflies and kissed him passionately, only breaking apart to whisper a reply.

"Cred că te iubesc."

Pietro laughed and you weren't sure you made any sense but the desire in his eyes told you he understood enough. He kissed you again, more urgently this time, his hands trailing down your arms and moving to undo the zip on your dress, softly stroking the skin of your back before gently pushing you down onto the bed.

"What about the party?" You asked as his hands began to roam your body, his fingers caressing your skin while his kisses peppered your neck making you moan softly.

"Maybe next year, right now I can't get enough of your love."

Translations: Draga/Sweetheart

Enervezi/Piss off

Te uiți frumos în rochie/you look beautiful in that dress

Esti adorabil/you're adorable

Cred că m-am îndrăgostit de tine/I think I'm in love with you

Cred că te iubesc/I think I love you too

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 10.8K 33
this is an imagines book based around steve rogers and bucky barnes in the mcu. requests are closed and this book is finished
478K 6.3K 74
Characters: Tony Stark Steve Rogers Bucky Barnes Thor Odinson Loki Laufeyson Pietro Maximoff Peter Parker Sam Wilson Currently editing. If you like g...
24.2K 413 31
Steve Rogers Tony Stark Bruce Banner Clint Barton Pietro Maximoff Bucky Barnes Thor Loki Peter Parker Please comment/Request if you want other...
281K 5K 38
Just the usual Imagines, characters included are: Tony Stark| Iron Man Steve Rogers| Captain America Clint Barton| Hawkeye Thor Odinson| Thor Pi...