Knock Knock

Od MauraCullen

Aurora is a weird girl, in general. She's always alone in her home because her mom and dad are away 11 months... Viac

Knock Knock
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chaper 11 (I'm sorry)
Chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38-FIN
EPILOGUE

chapter 17

287 5 4
Od MauraCullen

~~~crying because you guys are awesome~~~

CHAPTER 17

            We soon came to the dance and I left the limo, opening the door for everyone getting out. The other true couples walked in first, snuggling close to each other and walking proudly. Aurora looked at me and smiled. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she questioned. Kissing you? Oh wait; you’re not thinking that, are you? I wanted to say.

            But I did know what she was thinking. I took her arm through mine, our elbows linked, she grinned and we skipped through the doors, students in fancy clothes giving us looks. But I don't care. I'm proud to go in here skipping with a grinning girl by my side. We finally came to the doors of the large dancing area, the music pounding through the doors, trying to push them open. I flung the door open with my hand as we separated. She went back and moved her arm through mine, and I couldn't help my lips curling in the slightest bit.

            "What's wrong, Beauty?" I whispered in her ear. She shivered and looked up at me with nervous eyes.

            "I-I've never been to a dance before." She said shyly.

            "That's okay. Don't be nervous." I assured her and she gave me a nervous smile.

            "I'm just glad that my first dance is with you." She said as we walked towards our group of friends. I looked at her curiously, but happily. Her eyes went wide like she wasn't aware she had said that. "I- I mean that I'm glad you took me and all. I really wanted to go to this. Thank you." She rushed out and I nodded at her, trying to not be tight. She kept her head down and I noticed her face was slightly flushed. I looked at her caringly as we walked to our friends at the table. She let go of my arm and got a drink. I went to Drake who was standing by Tara.

            "Just wanted to tell you, I put in a few words for you. I think she has the idea in her head." Tara whispered to me. I gave a thankful look and she seemed to understand. “I swear if that girl doesn’t get what I said through her head, I might have to tattoo it to her eyelids." She continued and Drake laughed.

            "Why are you helping me so much?" I had to ask. I didn't ask it rudely, just in wonder.

            "Because we actually like you, and I can tell she will too when she realizes she can. She has serious boyfriend trust issues. She had a tough relationship once. Now her mind is like a million piece puzzle that she has to decipher to tell her feelings. We're just helping her put the puzzle together." Tara answered simply but quickly. Drake nodded with her and I nodded, too dumbfounded to respond.

            "You don't know how much that means to me." I told them as Aurora walked back over to us. A song had just come on and it had a great beat.

            "Can we dance?" she asked and I glanced at Drake and Tara and nodded. She took my hand and led me to the dance floor. I followed willingly, but still dragged so she would hold my hand. "I love this song!" she cheered as a different song came on. I nodded and she started dancing crazily. I followed, just goofing off. She laughed as other students stared and some copied. We danced apart for a few songs and then a slow one. Her hands rested lightly on my shoulders and I hesitantly put my hands on her waist. I reveled in having her willingly dance with me, even if she doesn't feel the same way about me.

            She just swayed lightly to the song, letting herself drift into the beat. I swayed along, but was too busy studying her features like it was the last time I would ever see her. Maybe it was just because she couldn't tell with her eyes shut. She opened her eyes as the song changed, but it was still a slow song. A person walked behind me and behind her, and we were forced closer together. Her arms were around my neck now, and I held back a comfortable sigh. We just meshed well. Her height was perfect; her head tucked under my chin easily. She tried to keep farther apart though, and I did too, I don't want to scare her off. Then I glanced at the people who had shoved through. It was Eric and Tara. I glared at them.

            "Aurora? I'll be back in a minute. I need a drink." I said and she nodded, looking almost sad. I was selfishly happy that she was sad I was leaving. But maybe she just wanted to keep dancing. I glanced at her and saw another boy had already swept her up to dance. The song had now changed to a faster beat. I pulled my eyes away from them and stalked up to Tara. She gave me an innocent smile. I gave her a pointed look. She sighed.

            "You guys were dancing like a foot apart! It was ridiculous! And she seemed to liiikkkeeee iiittt!" she said quickly, singing the last sentence. I sighed but wondered secretly if that was true. "Where is she anyway?" she asked and I jerked my head back. I searched through the crowd of students. No Aurora. I became panicked.

            "She was just there. Can you check the bathroom, Tara?" I asked, trying to make my voice less worried. She nodded and ran to the girl's bathroom. I searched more thoroughly through the crowd, but she was nowhere to be seen. Tara came back in less than a minute.

            "She's not there." She said, but I was already storming out into the lobby. It was empty, only the echo of the music and a muffled sound. I ran toward the sound. Worry was coursing through my veins. I came closer to the muffled sound and heard a low voice.

            "Just calm down and it'll be over soon." The deep voice commanded. I listened through the door and when I heard a muffled scream as a response I burst through the door. A boy from the football team was standing over a crumpled body that was in Aurora's dress. Anger refilled my veins, replacing the worry. I threw a punch at the guy without a word. "Hey man, what are you doing?!" he yelled. I answered by punching his gut and ducking his returning punch. The thick boy was big but didn't have agility. Kicking him hard in the gut again and pushing him over I ran to the body I hoped wasn't Aurora but knew it was.

            I scooped her up and ran through the lobby and out the door. I sat on a bench with her in my lap. I then undid her gag, a towel, and pet her hair, hugging her shivering body to me. She was sobbing quietly and I held myself back from going back and beating that kid up. I nestled Aurora closer to me desperately, hoping I could make her feel better. She coughed a loud sob; her throat sounded sore. I gripped her closer to me, tucking her under my chin like I've wanted to do for so long. She wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. The heat coursing through me was confusing. I couldn't tell if it was from Aurora or the anger I felt.

            She sat on my lap for a long time, just sobbing. I pet her hair and hugged her closer. I winced every time she let out a rough gasp of a cry.

            "Why did I ever leave you alone?" I whispered almost silently to myself over and over again. She slowly sat straighter and lifted her head.

            "It's not your fault, Eamon." She whispered roughly. She lifted her hand and wiped my cheek. I didn't even know that I had been crying. "Are you hurt?" she asked, referring to the tears.

            "Of course I am." I whispered simply, my voice sounding husky.

            "Where?" she asked worriedly, her voice quivering, her eyes still leaking while they searched my face.

            "Not where. I was so worried. I don't like seeing you cry." I answered honestly.  "Are you okay? Are you hurt? What did he do?" I asked suddenly. She looked down, her sobs shaking her chest, which reverberated through me and made me hug her closer.

            "He just wanted to dance." She said after a little bit. She was still crying, her body shaking violently. "Then he led me to the lobby saying he lost something and then dragged me into the closet. He wanted to kiss me and- and other stuff. But I wouldn't let him touch me, so he got mad. He said he was going to do it anyway." She cried quietly and I tenderly laid her head against my chest. "Thank you Eamon." She whispered after a moment.

            "What for?" I wondered.

            "You’re the only one who came looking. Only you. No one else has even come out to see, and you’re gone too. You come out here and save me, and then let me ruin your tuxedo with my bodily fluids." She listed, looking at her hands, which are now in her lap, but she's still lying against my chest, on my lap. I wish she could stay like this forever. "But why, Eamon? Why?" she whispered after, sounding confused.

            "Maybe they didn't notice anything was wrong. They are pretty caught up with each other." I offered and she shook her head. "Oh you mean him? Well first off, he's lonely, second, you’re the most beautiful girl in the area so he probably thought it was a good catch." I said and she shook her head, glancing up at me. But she didn't ask it again.  "Do you want to go home?" I asked, knowing she is probably tired.

            "Yes… but Eamon? Can- can you stay with me? Please?" she asked pleadingly. She looked up at me, meeting my eyes. Her blue eyes were blurred by tears that slowly dripped down her cheeks like rivulets. I nodded quickly and hugged her closer.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

40.7K 1.2K 26
Princess Aurora was kidnapped as a child and thrown into the brutal world of pirates and slavery. Many years later she is rescued by the handsome Pri...
4.3K 392 33
❝ There are no limits to a power as great as yours. ❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Aurora Celeste has spent her whole royal life as a Crown Princess and next...
859 115 27
Sofia is a girl, her life had already turned upside down but now she's found out she has the destiny to become a savoir. She will stop at nothing to...
1.5K 106 21
Aurora, 17 years old, she is stunningly beautiful, and pure, she's hot tempered and strong willed. Guys lined up for her attention, girls envied her...