Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 84

105K 4.9K 2.1K
By SianaghGallagher

When the boys returned to their beautiful house, Hunter felt blessed and proud of the life he has. For a while, he thought that luck was never deserved when he received it. How could he accept it when two people died and he was responsible? Yet, today felt like a new beginning. He could see what he rightfully earned and that was all the happiness in the world.

It has been horrendous for Anthony to watch his son struggle as much as he had. Losing his parents was very difficult but he wasn't there and it was eating away at Hunter, constantly thinking about what would have changed if he could swim?

Now that he has let it go, he felt free from his guilt.

"I won!" Jacob stopped in the garden and panted hard when William hurried over.

"Can I throw sticks for you or something? I'm so bored."

Jacob changed into his human form and stood up. Although, William was quickly distracted by the many love bites all over his body. And of course, Jacob instantly felt incredibly judged and embarrassed. His cheeks burnt red when he really wanted the ground to swallow him up.

Hunter laid on the floor, too tired to care.

William quickly pulled off his hoody and allowed his younger brother to have some form of dignity. Jacob put it on at lightning speed. He would surely pass out from embarrassment if anyone else saw.

"Don't worry," William chuckled and shook his head when the hoody was a little tight on him. "I'm not judging. Whatever you get up to is none of my business... unless you're not happy about it?"

"It's fine," Jacob spoke quickly. "I'm fine. I mean... um, yeah, it's all fine."

William laughed and patted his shoulder.

"Your speech is flawless."

Jacob crossed his arms while Hunter watched a flower pot full of small tulips. They were dying until Jacob approached them. Then all of a sudden, they were filled with life and stood up tall.

The werewolf eyed his mate with awe. He is magnificent and truly very special. He was starting to see things in a clearer light whenever they were together.

"So... are you too tired to play in your wolf form?"

"Yeah," Jacob breathed, only just getting his breath back. "Hunter will play with you though."

"What! No, I'm barely alive right now."

They both looked at his wolf, lying hopelessly on the grass. His tongue hung out of his mouth while he panted like a dehydrated dog.

"It doesn't matter, I'm just bored and I'll think of something else to do."

"Play with Sam?" Jacob suggested.

"He has gone home to collect more stuff, Anthony went with him."

Hunter lifted his head, hoping that his parents won't cause too much trouble. Sam didn't need to cope with the stress.

"Where's Nana?" Hunter questioned.

"In the kitchen, I can see her."

William frowned and flashed him an unusual stare.

"What-"

"I was replying to Hunter." Jacob smiled shyly and sat down next to his werewolf.

William's eyes traced his hands with an amused twinkle.

"I'm just glad you're not actually crazy and there was an explanation for the voice in your head." Hunter's wolf whined lightly before nudging Jacob with his nose, wanting attention. "I don't know what you're moaning at, it was your fault," William grinned. "If I knew I befriended the person who was talking to my little brother, I probably would have beat you up... but failed because you're a werewolf and you probably would have killed me." William then frowned like he was thinking hard about something. "I might see my college friends. You know, the project is due next week."

Hunter changed into his human form and stared at his friend with slight annoyance.

"It's like having another Sam around. Don't you both know that it's good to take breaths in between sentences? And changing the subject halfway through speaking will always confuse me."

"Boys, would anyone like to help with the gardening?" Alfred asked who was standing next to a rose bush, almost out of sight.

There was an instant wave of awkward silence until Hunter turned back into his wolf and jumped over the garden fence. The brothers watched him jog across the field until William started edging away.

"I've just um... I'm just uh- I'm meeting up with my friends." William quickly turned and climbed onto the field so he could escape.

Jacob watched Hunter's grandad, knowing it would be exceptionally rude to run like his mate, but he really wanted to.

"Have fun," Hunter smirked in his head.

"Shut up." Jacob's eyes examined the dying flowers that clearly couldn't handle all his storms. Lifting a hand, he knew he was more in tune with nature and he could feel the life in his fingertips. It may not be enough to heal a human but it was enough to revive some beautiful flowers.

Alfred watched with glistening eyes as the roses next to him breathed in the fresh air and bled with their rich colour.

"Wow! thank you, young Jacob. I guess Hunter didn't have to make a break for freedom after all," He laughed with a shaking head. "Anyway my boy, no work needs to be done now. I don't want to keep you from your godly duties."

Jacob pursed his lips with kind eyes before walking into the house. He didn't have any duties, apart from staying in harmony with the sky but that was coming naturally. He knows in time, he will be faced with tasks and missions but for now, all he needed to do was adapt and that was easy enough.

"Where are you going?" He questioned Hunter.

"I'm just gonna stalk Zac's family for a bit to make sure they are not planning anything."

"Okay." Jacob was motioned over by his dad who had not long been home from work. He wasn't worried about Hunter, he is very capable of looking after himself.

"Hey son, how was your day?" He beamed after giving him a hug.

"Good." Jacob eyed his food, feeling rather hungry.

"There's some in the oven for you, I just heated it up." Scott watched him walk around the kitchen island so he could help himself. He sighed happily and studied how some of his introverted qualities have expanded out and into the world. He never used to do anything at other peoples houses because he felt too awkward.

Now, he was calm, anxiety-free, and completely himself. Scott wasn't sure when he last saw him this way. However, he had also noticed changes in William now that their mother was out of the perfect family picture. He seemed to be a lot more carefree and relaxed. He wasn't asking for permission to do things because he had no mother who constantly breathed down his neck, wanting to know where he was, when he was going out, when he was coming home and who he was going out with.

Scott cared, but not to the point where he suffocated his children with constant worry. They are turning into young adults and they had to express themselves without his influence sometimes.

"So..." He stalled and examined the bruises on his neck. "I know that you most definitely do not want to talk about it, but last night, did you feel ready?"

Jacob's skin shivered with awkwardness. Nodding slowly, is dad smiled.

"There's only so many times that I can say I'm proud of you. But you know that I am, so is your grandad." His son stopped chewing with surprise.

"How did you know?"

"You always look at me in a certain way when you've been thinking about him," Scott patted his shoulder. "I miss him now more than ever. He was so excited to see the day when you turned into Jacota. But I know he's watching over this family. He promised me he always would."

Jacob couldn't imagine losing his dad but when he lost his grandfather so suddenly, he stopped taking lives for granted and appreciated every moment.

"He's proud of you too." Jacob put his arms around his shoulders and they hugged tightly. "For being a great dad."

Scott hugged a little tighter, trying to keep back his emotion.

His father always told him that his children are precious and the parental support they receive will one day mean the world to them. He couldn't imagine doing what Grace did and simply abandoning her own flesh and blood.

"I love you and Will so much."

Jacob heard his emotion.

"We love you too."

When they pulled away, Sam was stood in the doorway with a distant stare. He had a moment of jealousy, wishing he could have such an understanding parent.

"Hold on," He forced himself to bounce back into reality. "You're having a family hug without me?"

Scott chuckled as he hurried over and pulled them both back into another tight embrace.

"How did it go?" He questioned.

"Um... as expected." Sam pulled away and Jacob felt a sudden wave of anger emitting from the Beta wolf. "My parents are idiots. They burnt all my stuff so Anthony kicked them out of the city. He gave them half an hour to pack essentials before setting their house on fire in front of them. That man is literally my hero."

"karma is not a nice thing to receive," Anthony entered the kitchen, feeling satisfied that he gave Sam's parents a taste of their own medicine. "Although, I feel like there has been a lot of houses on fire recently."

"You've been the cause of most of them," Sam chuckled.

"True." Anthony's eyes instantly glistened when his wife entered the kitchen. She looked so radiant and so beautiful. Margo smiled when she saw his goofy stare. "Have you ever seen a woman more beautiful?" He walked over and wrapped his arms around her.

Scott remembered when he used to look at Grace like that.

Sam then felt the jealousy hit him once again.

"Ugh, where's my mate?" He mumbled and subconsciously picked up some chips from Jacob's plate.

"Your time will come, Sam, don't you worry," Anthony hummed and kissed his wife on the top of her head.

"I hope so." The beta wolf tried not to think about William. It was just his luck that he fell for someone who most likely won't be his mate.

* * * * *

It was half three in the morning when William eventually made it back to the Rayson's household very drunk. He had told his dad that he would be out late because he was having drinks with his friends. Scott knew that meant he would be getting drunk so he waited up for him, wanting to make sure he got home safe.

"Let me help you upstairs," He chuckled when William tripped over the first step.

"No," He slurred and slowly started to crawl his way up. "I can- I can do it myself."

Scott watched with amusement before turning towards the kitchen to get him some water before going to bed.

Drunk William stumbled down the corridor, almost knocking an abstract painting off the wall. Laughing to himself, he turned a corner and his vision started to blur.

His eyes caught sight of his bedroom door but he stopped and rubbed them, feeling the lack of sleep as it washed over him. After falling into the wall, he took a sharp breath of encouragement to force his unbalanced legs, straight into Sam's room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 113K 56
COMPLETED (BOOK 6) *Also a stand alone book, but reading the other books is suggested!* An arrogant demon with a terrible temper lives only to aid hi...
4.8M 167K 32
{BOOK ONE IN: The Alpha's Trilogy} I'd never seen eyes quite like his. It's like they looked right into my soul. I could feel my body tensing as he...
40.2K 1.3K 68
Her name is Violet France she's a loving person with lots of people & wolves that love her. She has a very good life with one of the best werewolf pa...
5M 189K 50
*COMPLETED* Liam always thought that his first lover and best friend would turn out to be his mate. But after him leaving for two years, and the cont...