The Last Touch #3

By TheScarletAngel_

Being told he has a terminal illness has made Elijah Hunt rearrange his priorities. Trading his workaholic-ne... More

Copyright
Cast
Prologue
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
Epilogue
New Title/Cover

3

3.8K 176 0
By TheScarletAngel_

Eli

Neil's worry was unfounded I thought with a scowl. The little princess lived in a top of the art neighborhood which was highly secure.

So far I've spied several cameras all artfully concealed so that an amateur wouldn't be able to see it and the big buffs at the gate-which was the only entrance- were from a highly trained security company.

'She moved there two months ago and I've been really worried since I've only seen the place in pictures. Won't you set my mind to rest by staying with her?. Just for this night hmm?'

Yeah right. I slowed down when I got to house number 9, hers was 12.

The moment I stopped in front of her house the little wooden gate swung open after the camera beside it flashed red.

Definitely highly secured. I bet the little wooden gate wouldn't be so wooden.

I thought about the big bed at my penthouse in central Manhattan and what I could be doing in it with a blonde woman. But here i was stuck with a bad tempered redhead.

I sighed heavily. The things I do for Neil. I checked the rearview mirror to make sure my scowl was in place. The princess better know I wasn't pleased with this arrangement.

******

Zoe

He was scowling when I opened the front door and i barely resisted the urge to slam the door on his face.

Remember he's full of pride Zoe and right now that he has no place to stay he's practically a beggar.

I eyed him. Looking at him one wouldn't know he was rolling in money. He had on black jeans with a white striped t-shirt and black boots. He was a total hottie.

"I'm just going to give you a mini tour" I told him but he didn't reply. Asshole.

"This is the living room" I waved my hand to encompass the large room "through that door is the kitchen and dining. That door leads to the game room"

I eyes him again. He looked like the kind that prefers sports to games. I remember the sleek little car he drove. Whatever.

I moved forward pointing at another door "that leads to the backyard which has a pool" I pointed at the open archway "that leads to the stairs"

I eyed him "there's only one room there-mine so we don't need to go up there. There's a shed outside not far from the pool. It has a bathroom"

I turned to face him and was momentarily startled at how close he was. My heart started pounding.

I cleared my throat "you're going to have to bunk in the game room. It has a long couch that can accommodate your size"

I cringed at the innuendo.

He raised his brow "how come you have a game room but no guest bedroom?"

I crossed my arm over my chest defensively "That's none of your business"

He rolled his eyes and stalked off muttering something about spoiled princesses under his breath.

I glared at his back "I have ears you know?" A lot of people call me a spoiled princess to my face and I didn't give a damn but somehow, the idea of him thinking I was one made me mad.

How dare he judge me?. I desperately wanted to prove him wrong.

He ignored me walking to the kitchen. I rolled my eyes as I followed him.

"A thank you would be appropriate you know? Pride or not" I told him as he rummaged through my fridge.

He turned to me a bottle of water in his hand "You want me to thank you?" He raised his brow as he twisted open the cap of the bottle "you should be thanking me"

I sputtered in indignation "Thank you?! Thank you for what exactly? You're the one who's homeless" I told him with a glare.

He choked on the water he was drinking "Homeless?! Princess you..." He trailed off his eyes narrowing when I placed my hand on my hips with a glare.

"What do you mean homeless?" He asked.

Ok,maybe I shouldn't have said it that way but did he think Neil wouldn't tell me about that?.

I sighed raising my hand to rake it through my hair. His eyes followed my movement which made me nonplussed.

"Look, I didn't mean to say it that way. I know you have houses and penthouses all over the world but right now you have nowhere to stay so the least you can do is show a little respect to the house owner...me"

His eyes became slits "what do you mean I have no place to stay?"

I sighed in frustration "come on Eli, Neil told me"

"What exactly did she tell you?"

"The truth. That you had some trouble at your penthouse and she was worried about you staying in other less secured hotels and her..." I trailed off when he let out a stream of curses jamming his hand through his thick locks.

He glared at me "I'm leaving"

"It's 10 o'clock Eli. The main gates won't open again and I'm doing this as a favor to Neil so you're just going to have to get over your pride" I glared at him already sick of this conversation.

"Pride?" He let out a dry chuckle "you have no idea do you?"

"I know Neil has never asked a favor from me before and that the security at the gate won't let you go unless I call them so you're either crashing on the couch or in your car. Your choice"

"We've been set up" he hissed at me.

I was taken aback at his harsh tone "Wha...??".

"That's right princess. Neil set us up"'

"Don't call me that" I glared at him "wait. What do you mean Neil set us up?"

"Well I have a penthouse waiting for me in Manhattan with no problem at all"

I furrowed my brow in confusion "then why are you here?"

He smiled derisively "because Neil told me she was worried about you"

"why would she be?"

He shrugged "she said you moved here two months ago but she hasn't had a chance to see if it's secure. So she asked me to check if it's safe as a favor"

My jaw dropped "but I moved here six months ago and she and Ava has visited me a handful of times. She knows it's safe"

"That just goes to prove my point that we've been set up"

"But why would she?..." I trailed off as realization dawned. In a surge of anger blood rushed to my face and I saw red.

"How could she?!"

I took out my phone from my back pocket and typed in her number. Just before I pressed dial the phone was snatched from my hand.

I looked up with a glare "what are you doing?" 

"It's past 10. Trust me, I want to give her an earful too but you can do that tomorrow"

I chewed my lips "Fine. You didn't have to take my phone"

I stormed up the stairs angrily. How could Neil do this to me?.

My heart was pounding and I told myself it was because of my anger and not because of the heated look on his face when he swept his eyes over my body as he told me we'd been set up.

*****

I woke up with a start when I heard something moving around downstairs.

I tossed off the blanket and hurriedly took the baseball bat I always kept beside my bedroom door.

I slowly opened my bedroom door glad it didn't creak and tiptoed down the stairs.

The noise seemed to be coming from the kitchen so I tightened my grip on the bat as i walked to the slightly ajar kitchen door.

I opened the door to see a shirtless Eli moving around the kitchen. I let out a loud scream dropping the bat with a clatter.

Startled he jumped, the egg in his hand dropping. His gaze met mine and he looked annoyed "why did you scream?"

"Why are you shirtless?" I asked forcing my eyes to remain on his toffee colored ones instead of roaming down his body.

He scowled "I sleep and cook naked but I kept my pants on as a courtesy to you"

I didn't have anything to say to that so I just glared at him. Don't look down, don't look down.

He glared back "you're one to talk, what are you wearing?" His eyes roamed down my body.

I looked down. Shit.

I folded my arms defensively under my breast "Pajamas"

I tossed my chin up as I pivoted around and marched up the stairs. Once I was in the safety of my room I slapped my palm against my forehead with a groan "stupid Zoe"

How could I forget he was here?

Ugh, I can't believe he just saw me in my pajamas. I always wore a tiny strapped silk chemise and panties to bed.

I sucked in a deep breath as I walked into the bathroom. Whatever. I won't waste my time being embarrassed about what I wore to sleep in my own house.

When I walked back down the stairs in jeans and a white shirt I was composed.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked breezily as I walked into the kitchen.

He was already eating and opposite him was a place set for me. I sat down and took the little triangle shaped sandwich on my plate.

"How come mine's smaller than yours?"

He eyed me wearily "I figured you only eat leaves to keep your figure. To be honest I only set a plate for you out of courtesy"

I snorted. Courtesy? Yeah right.

"I'll have you know I've never being on a diet"

He raised an eyebrow "do I look like I care?"

I rolled my eyes "I was only trying to make conversation"

"Don't"

I rolled my eyes and finished my food in silence.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked when I finished eating.

He nodded curtly and slugged on his jacket.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 8.8K 30
El wanted a simple life.. too bad she ended up mated to Kristen Volkav.
1.2M 33.5K 25
When your mate is an Alpha and you're the rogue that causes all the trouble, you can't exactly go up to him and say "How's it going big guy! Even tho...
441K 6.6K 21
Jez has one of the most complicated lives you'd ever see. So this time she moves to a new city, to find a guy who used to hate, then to find that he...
25.3K 1.5K 23
She's the daughter of an alpha. Her mother is the alpha. Her brother also wants the title. After four years of her brother being away he comes back c...