Broken

By yumgucci

Sixteen year old Izel (EYE-ZEL) has been going through the worst things ever since she was young. Her father... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
Epilogue

10.

33.9K 1.2K 791
By yumgucci

August

"Aight, I got dis'" I told Izel as I was trying ta braid her hair.

"I know little girls that braid better than you." She giggled.

"Ion see nothing wrong with dis' braid ma."

"How about you go wait for me in the car while I finish getting ready." She smiled and pushed me out of the bathroom.

I walked downstairs and saw Travis and my mom crackin' it up while my nieces were sitting down eating they cereal.

"Hey, is Izel up?" My mom calmed down.

"Yea, she still gettin' ready." I took a piece of bacon off the stove.

"I heard y'all come in at like three in the morning." Travis whistled while walking away.

He did that shit just ta get me in trouble.

"Excuse me?" Mama frowned at me.

"I wanted ta apologize ta her so I took her ta that place Mel used ta take us all the time. I wasn't paying attention ta time." I shrugged.

"Mhm. Don't let it happen again. What did you do to her?"

"I didn't really do anything. She thinks just because i'm being too nice that I'm trynna hit."

"Are you?"

"No mama." I frowned. "I just care a lot about her."

"Well I don't blame her. You two just met and you moved her out of her house. I'd think you were some rapist too."

"I uh - I dumped Jasmine for her."

"August!" She smacked the back of my head.

"I thought you hated Jasmine." I rubbed the back of my head.

"I do, but you're rushing things. You didn't even get a chance to know her thoroughly. What if she already had a boyfriend or something? Does she even know all about you?" My mama frowned.

"No - And I figured she ain't need to know." I shrugged.

She shook her head.

Izel came down the steps and she was ready to go.

"Uh, Ms.Sheila, is it okay if I stay after school today?" She asked my mom.

"Yea, y'all have a good day." they exchanged hugs.

"I'll see y'all lata'." I gave my nieces all a kiss before walking outside.

I opened the door for Izel and she climbed in.

When we pulled up ta the school, I instantly saw Jasmine and her hoodlum friends right next ta her, twirling they stiff four year old weave.

I circled over to Izel's side of the car and let her out.

"Thanks." She gave me a small smile.

"Aye, if she say some to you, just ignore her. Aight?" I took her hand in mine.

"I'm sure Celeste would say something before I do." I sighed. "Why would she say something to me?"

"Because she's a jealous ex." I shrugged.

When we walked pass them, I heard them saying slick things about her but I had to control myself because I wasn't trying to put my hands on no female.

"August, you're squeezing my hand. Are you okay?" She looked up at me.

"I'm fine. I'll see you in class." I let her hand go and walked towards the gym.

I walked in and saw my coach doing drills wit a few freshmen.

"Wassup Aug?" He came over to me and gave me dap.

"People pissing me off again."

"Is it about this girl?"

I nodded my head.

"I'll be with you in a second." He walked back over to the kids and I walked to his office.

Izel

As I was putting my stuff into my locker, I saw Celeste come up to me with a huge smile on her face.

"I saw you and August walk in holding hands." She smiled.

"Are you following us?"

She giggled and shook her head.

"I'm not but Jasmine might be. You two are cute with each other." She gave me a small smile before walking away.

The way she said that seemed like she was upset about something. I shut my locker and walked off to class.

I walked in and saw Kyle was back. His face looked bad and I almost busted out laughing.

I was about to walk to my seat but I saw someone new sitting there.

"Oh - Is this here your seat?" The boy asked with a worried face.

"It is, but I don't mind you sitting there for today." I smiled and took the seat next to him, which was behind Kyle, but right next to August's.

"Thanks." He smiled and sat back down. "I'm Marquez by the way."

"Izel - nice to meet you Marquez."

"Likewise."

Marquez was very cute. He was tall, but not as tall as August, and he had a light complexion, and a low cut. He dressed like the nerdy/Bad boy type of guy, but it was in a cute way. And he had a perfect smile.

I can't get too into him because I'm with August, and sure enough, my boyfriend is cuter.

August walked into class and he smiled at me before sitting down.

I also think my boyfriend is bipolar.

After class, I was about to walk out with August, but Mrs.Wells held him and Kyle behind.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Marquez came walked next to me.

"The tall one, yea." I smiled.

"Cute." He smiled back. "We should hang out sometime."

"When?"

"I'm glad you asked." He dug into his backpack and pulled out a flyer.

"Since I'm the new kid, and I also like to set things big, I'm having this party. It would mean a lot if you and your boyfriend came, and maybe some extras." He smiled.

I took the flyer from him and smiled.

"I'll see."

"Cool." He walked away.

I turned around and bumped into someone and felt something cold go down my shirt.

I looked up and saw Jasmine holding a cup.

"Oh, what a coincidence." She smirked.

I was about to say something but I saw a teacher out of the corner of my eye and shut my mouth.

Best way to beat people up is with kindness.

Thats one of my morals, but today that wasn't going to happen.

"What the hell do you have against me?" I frowned.

"You stole my man." She threw the cup.

"I didn't steal your man. He simply wanted something better, get over it."

"Oh, and you're supposed to be that 'something better'?"

"Yes. Why are you being so jealous? I haven't done anything to you since I first got here. Do you just pick on anyone random around here?"

"Izel." I heard someone calling my name but I didn't care. I wanted to know why she wouldn't leave me alone.

"Because! You're intentions were to take August from me! He doesn't even want you! He wants what's in your pants girl! Stop trying to seek love from him because your sure not going to get it."

What she said hurt and I didn't know whether or not to believe it. I had already been thinking he wanted me for nothing but sex.

I walked away from her and heard them all laughing.

"Izel, stop walkin' away." I heard August.

"Why does she keep telling me that?" I looked up at him. "She keeps telling me you don't truly like me. She knows something I don't." I wiped my tears.

"She's just trying ta get ta you Izel, you should know that. I don't know why you even listen ta her. Jasmine just a jealous ex trying ta get at you because she wants petty revenge for nothing."

I stayed quiet and put held my head low.

"I-" He stopped talking and stepped closer to me and held my head up.

"I'm already starting to love you Zel."

I looked up at him and I could tell he meant it. He reached down and gave me a kiss, this time on the lips.

It felt as if no one else was around us.

Just us two.

It was always better that way.

__________________________

Sooooooo tomorrow's 9/11 and for anyone who has lost anyone during the horrible event, you will be in my prayers ❤️🇺🇸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

866K 40.2K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
47.5K 972 6
Basically tony x oc She is in the military He loves her Ps this is a short book (Complet)
8.2K 79 38
Isn't it crazy how one moment or choice can change your entire life? When Maia gets talked by her bestie Kaylee into a last-minute trip from Nashvill...
625K 38.2K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...