Harry Potter One-shots

Av -hellsqueen

Harry Potter one-shots, from the Maruaders' Era, Tom Riddle's Era, Harry Potter's Era and the New Generation'... Mer

Staying with him (Draco Malfoy)
Quidditch matches (Oliver Wood)
Wake up call (Fred Weasley)
Bracelet (Ron)
Animal instincts (Remus Lupin)
The loyalty of snakes (Albus Severus)
Getting her back (Tom Riddle)
Dragon Tamers (Charlie)
NEWTs (Sirius Black)
Together (Regulus)
Silver eyes (Scorpius)
Friendship (Theodore Nott)
A Fresh Start (Neville)
Potions Partners (Blaise)
The Champion's Sister (Harry)
Harry the Matchmaker (Ernie)
The Former Death Eater (Draco)
Once Rivals (Teddy)
The Kitten, the Monkey and the Goldfish (Oliver)
The Black Bride (Regulus)
The Art of Seduction (Ron)
What do you have to bargain? (Remus)
Handcuffed together (Albus)
An Unlikely Match (Tom Riddle)
Away From Home (Charlie)
Forever (Sirius Black)
'V' for Vendetta (Scorpius)
A Couple of Differences (Theo)
Awkward (Neville)
No Hard Feelings (James Sirius)
Obeying to Tradition (Blaise)
Strictly business (Harry)
The Messenger of Death (George)
Battle Scars (Draco)
Protective (Fred)
Puddlemere United (Oliver)
The Gryffindor Prefect (Remus)
Mixed Feelings (Albus)
Joining his Cause (Tom)
Dream of Me (Charlie)
Hogsmeade Trips (Sirius)
Library Sessions (Scorpius)
Be Careful (Theo)
Romilda the Matchmaker (Neville)
His Golden Snitch (James Sirius)
Counting Thestrals (Teddy)
The Girl He Hardly Noticed (James)
Once Upon a Dream (Blaise)
Running buddies (Crabbe)
Of Snake and Lion (Harry)
Old Friends (George)
Therapy Sessions (Regulus)
Every Step of the Way (Draco)
The Spy (Oliver)
Friendly Competition (Fred)
Family Ties (Ron)
My BFF's brother; a Forbidden Lovestory (Albus Severus)
Home is where the heart is (Charlie)

Seeking Advice (Harry)

46.3K 533 250
Av -hellsqueen

You looked up as you heard someone let out a long sigh. Curious, you followed Harry Potter with your eyes as he started looking at some shelves you knew contained spells for Defence Against the Dark Arts. You raised an eyebrow at him, as you continued observing him. With Umbridge in the school, you did not do much of this class, and few were those that decided to study more than needed to be more prepared.

Slightly amused, you watched Harry as he seemed to struggle to find a book that would help him with what he was looking for. He raised his hand to get a book, before letting it fall back down by his side. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion and his lips formed a thin line as he thought, not able to decide. After watching him for some more seconds, you decided to be of use to him. You sat up, careful so as to not to close the book you were already reading, and made your way over to him.

"Can I help you?" you asked, and at the sound of your voice, the boy turned around, startled.

"I'm sorry, did I annoy you in a way?" he asked, and you allowed a small smile to appear on your face as you shook your head at him.

"No, not at all, but I did see you are having trouble finding something." you admitted, taking a step closer to him. "I spend more time in the library than anywhere else combined. Tell me what you wish to find, I will be able to help you, propably." you said, and the boy seemed to hesitate before nodding.

"I am searching for a book that would help me find some basic spells that could help someone in combat." he said, and you nodded at him as you looked up at the shelves.

"What about the 'Basic guide to duelling'?" you asked him, before standing on your tippy toes and retrieving a black book from the top shelf. You gave the book to Harry, and he smiled relieved at you.

"Thank you." he said, and you smiled back before nodding at him.

"You can sit with me, if you wish. There are not many available spaces in the library anyway." you suggested as you headed to your table and sat back down. Harry followed after you and sat down opposite you, before opening the book he was holding. Curious, you couldn't resist the temptation to question his intentions with this book. "Why do you want that book?" you asked him, closing your book as you looked up at Harry. "I know for a fact that you are better in Defence Against the Dark Arts to take a book about the basics if you want it for yourself." you said, and the boy seemed to struggle to find an answer.

"Um.. I was asked to help some of my friends." he settled, and you raised an eyebrow at him as you closed his book. Harry looked up at you, confused, but you just smiled as you looked at him.

"I can tell you of the spells you can teach them. You don't need to learn that from a book." you said, and realisation dawned on the boy's face as he nodded at you. "Do you want me to tell you, Harry?" you asked, and hesitantly, the boy nodded at your words.

"Yes, tell me. I guess, that being a Ravenclaw, you have some knowledge on the subject." he said, and you smiled slightly as you nodded your agreement.

"Indeed, I know that stuff." you confirmed his words. "You could start with 'Expeliarmus'." you suggested, before thinking of another spell. "Maybe 'Reducto', or 'Stupefy'." you said, and the boy nodded at your words.

"Thanks, I'll think about it." he said, before standing up.

"Harry?" you asked, and the man stopped as he turned back to you, waiting for you to speak. "Will you tell me the outcome of your teaching?" you asked, and he hesitated a little before nodding.

"I will. Thank you for your help." he said, before walking away. You smiled to yourself as you opened your book and started reading about the second goblin rebellion.

***

You read the newest rule of Umbridge as High Inquisitor. This one, banned any organisations, and at her words written on paper, you caught sight of Harry pressing his lips together into a thin line. You raised an eyebrow at him, and the boy, sensing your stare, turned to look at you. You gestured to the new rule, and he shook his head before turning to Hermione and Ron, ignoring you. Finding nothing worthy of your time there, you made your way to the place you almost always were, in the library.

You opened the doors and greeted the librarian with a small smile and a nod, and she returned your gesture before turning back to her work. You made your way around the shelves, your feet leading you to the shelves regarding Potions. You took a book randomly, and looked at the cover. The title read 'The Ten most useful Potions and their effects', and gathering that you had not read this book yet, you made your way to the table you usually occupied, in a corner of the library, away from most of the noise so that you could concentrate on your work.

You sat down and placed the book in front of you, before opening it and starting reading.

Chapter 1

Veritaserum

Veritaserum is a particularly useful potion, as it makes the drinker unable of speaking anything but the truth. A particularly tricky potion to make, Veritaserum, or else known, Truth Serum, is something every witch or wizard should have in their homes.
It does not need more than some drops of the potion in one's drink to make them spill all of their secrets, and because of that, making someone drink Veritaserum is illegal. The potion could be used on many occasions, like-

"I thought you wished to ask me something." Harry's voice cut in your reading, and you looked up, only to see the boy sitting opposite you, his hands folded in front of him. His Gryffindor tie was messily tied, and his hair seemed more ruffled than usual, meaning that the boy had run his hands through it, the main reason behind that propably being frustration. His glasses slid down his nose, and he pushed them up as he continued looking at you.

"I have a hunch that this new rule is affecting you." you said as you twirled a strand of hair around your finger. The boy followed the motion before looking back up at you, and biting his bottom lip.

"Of course it is affecting me, Quidditch is, after all, an organisation." he said, and at his words, you raised an eyebrow at him.

"I was not talking about Quidditch, and you know it." you said, straightening up in your seat and letting the strand of hair you were twirling spring free. "I believe that this thing I told you about the other time, this intention of yours to teach some of your friends is affected by Umbridge's rule." you continued, and the boy shifted nervously at your gaze as he looked at anywhere but you. You narrowed your eyes as you looked at him and leaned in closer to his direction. "What kind of organisation are you starting, Harry?" you asked, and the boy looked up at your words.

"I did not tell you anything of something like this. You came to this conclusion while talking to yourself, I gave no answer to your words." he said, and you smiled slightly as you straightened up again.

"You did not need to tell me you agreed for me to know that it was true. You do not seem a very good liar to me." you countered, and the boy let out a sigh as he looked at you.

"I told you nothing of this, you know nothing of this." he said, and at his words, your smile widened a little.

"My lips are sealed." you answered, and the boy nodded as he examined you curiously.

"I have only met three Ravenclaws, including you. The first one, seems normal to me, like everyone else. The second, is a little weird and peculiar but she is very wise and I trust her entirely. You, are exceptionally curious, and are not afraid to ask questions and make assumptions. All three of you are very different from the other." he said, and at his words, you raised an eyebrow at him.

"I believe Cho seems normal to you mainly because you like her." you started, and Harry's eyes widened at your words. "You like Luna because she has helped you, and as for me, I believe you just have to get used to my character." you said, and the boy shook his head before smiling softly at you.

"As I said, you are making quite many assumptions. You think that I am talking of Cho and Luna, but you may be wrong." he reminded you, and a small smirk appeared on your lips at his words.

"Learn this; I rarely make wrong assumptions." you said, before winking at the boy. Harry rolled his eyes before standing up, and turning to walk away.

"I'll leave you to your reading. I'll come find you to tell you of the outcome of my teaching." he said, and with that, he left the library. You let a small smile appear on your face as you looked down at your book and started reading again. Who would think that being in the company of the chosen one would be enjoyable?

***

Almost a week later, you were in the library once again, reading a different book this time, about the different kinds of magical plants in the world, when you heard someone sit opposite you. You looked up, only to find a grinning Harry there, looking at you. At his obvious happiness and satisfaction, you couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.

"What's got you so happy?" you asked him, and the boy's grin widened a little as he looked at you.

"My first time teaching was today. I just came back from the meeting." he said, and you nodded at his words.

"I see. You just came back from the meeting of your illegal organisation." you said, and the boy nodded at your words.

"I first showed them how to cast the disarming charm, and I have to say, you were right to suggest this one. Few knew how to actually cast it." he said, and at his words, you allowed a small smile to curve at the corner of your lips.

"I'm glad I was of help, then." you said. "Tell me, Harry." you continued, your curiosity getting the best out of you. "How many people do you teach in this organisation?"

The boy bit his cheek as he seemed to hesitate to answer your question. He averted his eyes from yours as he looked at the book you were reading before opening his mouth to speak.

"I do not know exactly how many. I can tell you for sure that there is no Slytherin in the organisation, and I am also teaching some Ravenclaws."

"Cho and Luna being two of them, I presume?" you asked, and the boy looked up at you, disbelief in his eyes shining as clear as day.

"How do you even know this? I did not tell you anything about that." he exclaimed, and you smiled slightly as you looked at him.

"I am just asking what I believe is the most logical and likely scenario. The expression on your face when I am asking about the scenario is giving me any answer I would like to know." you explained, and Harry nodded slowly at your words. "You should really try to conceal your reaction to one's question, this way you are not going to give away answers." you advised him, and Harry nodded once again as he took in your sentence.

"I'll keep that in mind." he said, before standing up. "I'll come find you when I have something else to tell you about." he said, and with a last nod of his head, left your table. As he left, you turned back to your book, and started reading as if you were never interrupted, everything else fading around you as you lost yourself in the easily accessible knowledge provided from the book in front of you.

***

"Where are you going?" a voice asked from behind you. Recognising the dreamy tone, a small smile appeared on your face as you turned around and saw Luna heading in your direction.

"To the library." you said, as you waited for the girl to catch up with you. The two of you left the common room, and only when there were not any prying ears around did you turn to her. "Where are you going Luna?" you asked her, and the girl smiled slightly before turning to you.

"I can't tell you." she said dreamily, her voice light. "It's a secret." she whispered, before raising a finger to her lips.

Your smile widened a little as you shook your head at her.

"Very well. I am leaving to the library, I guess I'll see you later." you said, before turning sharply to another corridor. You did not stay long enough to hear her response as you walked quickly to the library, your mind already thinking of subjects you would like to know more about.

You pushed the doors of the library open, and smiled at the librarian as she did the same back at you. You got to the part of the library related to Astronomy, and grabbed a random book. 'Secrets of the Galaxy', you read. A smile appeared on your lips as you got the book and headed to the table you usually occupied, to find it once again, deserted. You sat down, opened your book, and started reading, your brain taking in everything at once. Some hours later, when you had just ten pages to finish the book, you heard a cough. At the sound, you looked up, only to see that Harry Potter had sat opposite you, a small smile on his face.

"Am I so boring you know where to find me every time?" you asked the boy as you pushed your book away from you, momentarily forgetting all about it.

"I wouldn't call it boring. To be honest, I kind of like the fact that I know where you are most of the time. This is making it all the more easy for me to find you when I need you about something." he said, his smile widening as you raised an eyebrow at him.

"Very well." you said, leaning closer to him as you talked. "What do you need me about?" you asked, but Harry shook his head at your words.

"I don't need you to do something for me, specifically. I just wanted to thank you." he said, and your eyebrows creased in confusion at his words.

"Thank me for what?"

"For helping me with these spells when I needed someone's aid." he said, and at his words, you shook your head at him.

"I hardly did anything for you to thank me. It was rather simple, really, you would find out the spells needed eventually." you pointed out. Harry offered you a smile before nodding.

"I believe that it is only fair for you to know about this illegal organisation." he said, and your curiosity perked up as you nodded at him. "I am actually teaching a bunch of students defensive spells, because we believe Voldemort is back, and we all want to be able to defend ourselves in case of a battle."

"That was where Luna was going sooner today, right?" you interrupted, and Harry nodded at you, not even trying to think of a reason why would you know something like this.

"That's why I wanted to learn about defensive spells. They are all doing beautifully, and Cho is-"

"Cho?" you asked him, noticing his slip up. Harry's eyes widened as he tried to take back what he said, and a smirk appeared on your face as you leaned closer to him over the table. "Yes, I'm sure that she is incredibly good at what she is doing, but noticing your slip up, I can't help but believe that you have some kind of interest towards her." you said, and Harry groaned silently as he looked at you.

"We kissed, alright? It was just a small kiss." he admitted, and your smirk widened as you looked at him.

"I did not ask you to tell me that, but thank you for the information." you said, and Harry pursed his lips.

"It's the look in your eyes, I can't seem to be able to lie to you." he said, and at his words, you let out a small chuckle.

"Sorry, but I'm not about to change that." you said before winking at him.

"Alright, anyway, I thought that it would only be fair if I offered you a place in the DA, the organisation I was talking to you about." he said, and at his words, your eyes widened.

"Oh, thank you, Harry. Thank you for the offer, but I am afraid I will decline." you said, and the boy raised an amused eyebrow at you. "Look, Harry, there is no reason for me to come. I already know that stuff, I don't want to lose time learning something that I already know." you explained, and the boy smiled before standing up.

"Very well. If you change your mind, my offer remains. Happy Christmas." he said, offering you a smile.

"Thank you, Harry. Happy Christmas to you too." you said, as the boy turned around and left the library. A smile still on your face, you continued reading your book from where you had left it.

***

Your eyes widened as you heard the news of what happened from one of your fellow Ravenclaws. The secret organisation Harry was teaching was caught, and Dumbledore had left the school, leaving you in the mercy of Umbridge. Without saying anything, you ran out of the common room and out in the corridor, ignoring the weird looks you were receiving as you ran. You faintly recalled that running in the corridors was against the rules, but frankly, you did not care enough to stop running.

You made your way to the entrance of the Gryffindor common room, thinking that if you had any chances on finding Harry, the numbers indicating that he was in his common room were high.

"Is Harry Potter in there?" you asked as you reached the entrance to the Gryffindor common room, your voice frantic as you looked at the portrait that looked at you in disdain.

"Why would I tell you where he is?" she retorted, and you pursed your lips as you glared at her.

"Look," you said, taking out your wand "if you don't answer, I'll blast down the whole wall." you warned, and the lady glared strongly at your words.

"Wait, I'd rather you did not do that." a voice said from behind you, and you turned around at the sound, a relieved smile appearing on your face.

"Harry! I just heard what happened, about Dumbledore and your organisation-"

"Wait, she knows of the DA?" Ron asked him, and for the first time you noticed that he and Hermione were next to Harry, listening in your conversation. At your words, they had turned to Harry, disbelief in their eyes.

"She does. She had helped me when I needed help, and I trust her completely." he said to his friends, before turning to you. He opened his mouth to speak, but you interrupted him.

"Are you alright? I know you never meant to get caught, and you actually liked Dumbledore-"

"Hey, relax, I am fine." he said, trying to reassure you, but you could see he was actually anxious about something. "Ron, Hermione, I'll come find you later." he said, before gesturing to you to follow him. He walked away, and you followed after him to another deserted corridor.

"Did she punish you?" you asked him as he stopped walking.

"She did, but that's fine. I knew that would happen some time anyway."

"Harry, you know this is not good for you." you said softly, taking a step closer to him.

"Hem hem." a voice said behind you, and you froze as your eyes widened.

"Hello, Professor Umbridge." you heard your voice say, as you turned to her.

"Have you not heard, my dear? Boys and girls must be at least six inches away from the other." the woman informed you in her annoying high pitched voice, and you frowned at her words.

"I'm afraid I did not know about it." you admitted, before taking a step away from Harry, so that you were abiding by the rules.

"You know now, don't you?" she asked sweetly, before walking away. When you were sure you could no longer hear her footsteps, you turned to Harry and without hesitating, threw your arms around him in a quick hug.

"Don't do something stupid." you said as you pulled back, seeing the boy frozen on the spot. He blinked, before turning to you.

"Um, yes, sure." he said, and you smiled before walking away from him.

"Goodbye Harry." and with that, you turned around and headed straight to your common room.

***

"Did you hear?" Cho asked you as she sat down opposite you in the Ravenclaw table. You looked up at her, and furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. "It was all over the Daily Prophet. Harry and other members of the DA had a battle in the Ministry last night, and Fudge saw the Dark Lord with his own two eyes!" she said, and at her words, your eyes widened.

"What?" you shrieked as you looked at the Gryffindor table, your worried eyes finding Harry's own.

"Astronomy Tower." he mouthed, before standing up and leaving the Great Hall.

"You know, Cho, never mind." you said as you stood up. The girl looked at you confused as you offered her a small smile. "I'll see you later." you said as you walked quickly out of the Great Hall. You almost ran to the Astronomy Tower, and found Harry standing there, his back facing you, looking away in the distance.

"Harry." you breathed out, and the boy, as he heard your voice, turned around. He tried to offer you a small smile, but he failed, and you let out a sigh as you ran to him. The boy opened his arms for you to get in, and you hugged him tightly, as he clinged on your clothes for dear life. "What happened yesterday?" you asked, not pulling back just yet.

"Someone I cared about died." Harry mumbled, and a gasp escaped your lips as you hugged him tighter than before.

"I'm so sorry, Harry. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel." you said, and the boy let out a sigh as he pulled back slightly.

"Thank you." he said softly, before offering you a small smile. "Can I ask some advice?" he asked after some time, and a small smile appeared on your lips at his words.

"It depends on the advice." you countered.

"I'm sure you know how to help me. After all, I have never met a person that knows as much as you do." he said, and your heart fluttered at the concealed compliment in his words.

"Tell me, then." you said, before taking a step away from Harry to look at him better. The boy took in a deep breath, before starting to talk.

"Say that a boy likes a girl that is exceptionally bright." he began, and dissapointment settled in your stomach at his words, but you did not show it. How ironic, the boy you liked, asking advice on how to ask another girl out. "She understands him completely, and she is always right. The boy cannot lie to her, and every time he sees her, he wants to shout out for everyone to hear that he likes her, but he cannot even whisper these words in front of her. He is afraid that she does not share his feelings. What should he do?" he asked, and you let out a sigh as you looked up at the boy.

"If you want to do something with that girl, Harry, you must gather your courage and tell her how you feel. If that is too hard for you to do, then, you should show it to her. But, if you are to show her, you are going to risk the fact of her not liking you back." you said, and the boy nodded at you.

"Say, how would you like the boy you had feelings for to declare his own feelings towards you?" he asked, and at his words, your eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Well, I would have no problem really for as long as they let me know. I would have no problem with them just saying that they like me, or just kissing me. Just, they should do it in a way that would show me they cared." you answered, and Harry nodded.

"Thank you for the advice." he said, before taking some steps closer to you. He slid his arms around your waist and pulled you in for a hug, and you threw your arms around his neck as you hugged him back.

"No problem." you mumbled as you hugged him tighter than before. The boy pulled back slightly, and looked down at you, not releasing his hold on you. Your eyes locked and you vaguely realised that he was starting to lean in closer to you. "Harry, what are you doing?" you asked as he came closer to you, and the boy stopped just above your lips, a small smile appearing on his face.

"I am following your advice." he murmured. Before you could register his words, Harry leaned in and captured your lips in his in a soft and gentle kiss. Your eyes widened as your mind started working on an overdrive and your heart started beating wildly.

Kiss him back, you fool!, your mind argued with you, and not needing further encouragement, your eyes fluttered closed and you kissed him back. At your response, Harry did not lose a second to kiss you harder than before, his lips firmly placed against yours, leaving you no room to be dubious of his intentions and feelings. His arms around you tightened as he pulled you closer to him, and you lost yourself at the feeling of his lips against yours. You felt warm inside, and butterflies erupted in your lower abdomen as you continued kissing.

All too soon for your liking, you pulled back, in need of air. Both of you panted, and at the smile on Harry's face, a wide smile appeared on your lips as well. You let out a small laugh, and soon enough, you were laughing in joy. A wide smile appeared on Harry's face at your laugh, and as you stopped laughing, you looked up at him, grinning wildly.

"Maybe I should consider asking advice from you more often." Harry mused as he pecked your lips, and you rolled your eyes at him before pecking his lips as well.

"What can I say?" you asked, an amused twinkle in your eyes. "I am quite good at giving advice." you said, before letting out a small squeal as Harry pulled you closer to him.

"That you are." he mumbled, before crushing his lips against yours once again.

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

408 19 18
A collection of x Reader one-shots. more info inside :) Latest chapter: New beginnings- Sirius Black Requests closed for the time being
4K 82 60
Oneshots from both the Golden Trio era and the Marauders Era.
167K 5.4K 31
[give her what no others have gotten and she will give you what others have tried to get] {girl loves boy. boy loves girl. but their too dumb to noti...
428K 3.3K 26
All in the title You can request I'll be doing Marauders era, The Golden Trio era but not the next generation VOTE & SHARE!