The Spy (Oliver)

Hello everyone!
It's been such a long time and I'm sorry for the delay. Writing his one-shot proved rather tricky and I had absolutely no inspiration to write about it. It's short, but at least it's something. I hope you are pleased.

Before you continue reading, I'd like to ask any of you that have requested before and I have yet to write your request to let me know. Thank you in advance.

Hope you enjoy the one-shot!

-

With the binoculars at hand, you looked up at the Quidditch Pitch. The Gryffindors were training, doing all sorts of strategies you've seen before. You remained hidden in the bushes, closely watching them. The Captain of your team would be pleased with all the information you had gathered for the upcoming match. It was probably the best work any Hufflepuff spy had done before when it came to watching the Gryffindors. Needless to say, you were rather proud.

With a bright smile that was truly too little to express your happiness, you left the bush you had been hiding at for the last hour or so and made your way up to the castle. There was a small spring to your step that only stopped when you reached the courtyard, and wary someone would think of your spring peculiar, you stopped and walked normally to the Great Hall. Lunch had been probably served by now.

You greeted your friends with a wide smile as you placed your binoculars in a pocket of your robes, and they sent you a knowing look as you sat down to join them. It was no secret among your housemates that for this term, you were the one supposed to spy on the teams. They hadn't learnt just yet of your findings, but in a few hours, you'd go to the Captain of your team and tell him everything. After all, he deserved to know.

You had just served yourself to some food when someone slid into the seat next to you. You looked up absentmindedly to greet them, only for your eyes to widen as you looked up to see the Gryffindor Captain of the Quidditch Team, just a year older than you, Oliver Wood. You were so shocked you just remained looking at him for a while, your eyes wide open, until one of your friends noticed and snorted. You shot a glare in their vague direction as you turned to face the Gryffindor once more after clearing your throat.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Wood?"

"Yes."

You blinked over at him. "Really?"

"You've been spying on my team."

The laugh that left your lips was easy but fake, and you raised an eyebrow at him as you folded your arms in front of your chest. "Is that so?"

"Yes."

"Let's suppose of what you accuse me of is true," you shrugged, unsettled by the heavy weight of his gaze on your face as you leaned forward with a sharp grin. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Bribe you so you won't tell anyone anything."

You were inclined to laugh once more, this time in a not so fake manner. Still, you managed to refrain from showing your amusement in such a way. You merely raised an eyebrow at him. "What makes you think I'd betray my house like that because your bribed me?"

"You'd earn something you really want."

He was so serious in what he was saying, speaking it with such confidence you were almost inclined to believe him, but you were loyal to your house, and there was no way you would be moved by a handsome Quidditch player like that. Besides, he couldn't possibly know what you wanted.