Where do Broken Hearts go? (A...

By ghostinstyle

Taylor is a beautiful naïve and very smart girl. She is organized and sweet. She aces her classes and doesn't... More

Chapter 1: Where do broken hearts go?
Chapter 2: All too well
Chapter 3: Style
Chapter 4: Crazier
Chapter 5: Home
Chapter 6: Sweet Creature
Chapter 7: I'd Lie
Chapter 8: Everything Has Changed
Chapter 9: Last First Kiss
Author's Note
Chapter 10: I Wish
Chapter 11: Loved you first
Chapter 12: Better than Words
Chapter 13: Sparks Fly
Chapter 14: Girl Almighty
Chapter 15: Happily
Chapter 16: She's not Afraid
Chapter 17: Fearless
Chapter 18: Our Song
Chapter 19: Right Now
Chapter 20: Night Changes
Chapter 21: Moments
Chapter 22: You and I
Chapter 23: The Other Side of the Door
Chapter 24: The Other Side of the Door Part 2
Chapter 25: You R in Love
Chapter 26: Little Things
Chapter 27: Today was a Fairytale
Chapter 28: Moments
Chapter 29: Two Ghosts
Chapter 31: Sad Beautiful Tragic
Chapter 32: Spaces
Chapter 33: From the Dining Table
Chapter 34: Ready for It
Chapter 35: Eighteen (18)
Chapter 36: Over Again
Chapter 37: Change your ticket
Chapter 38: Strong
Chapter 39: Fireproof
Chapter 40: Ready to Run
Chapter 41: Fool's Gold
Chapter 42: I Love You (Alex & Sierra)
Chapter 43: Afterglow
Chapter 44: Infinity
Chapter 45: I Almost Do
Chapter 46: The Best Day
Chapter 47: Ronan
Chapter 48: Through the Dark
Chapter 49: Sign of the Times
Chapter 50: This Love
Letter #1
Letter #60
Letter #98
Letter #210
Letter #365
Chapter 51: Afterglow
Chapter 52: Daylight
Chapter 53: King of my Heart
Chapter 54: Cornelia Street
Chapter 55: Adore You
Chapter 56: Lover
Author's Message

Chapter 30: I Knew You Were Trouble

656 23 39
By ghostinstyle

I knew you were trouble when you walk in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I've never been
Now I'm lying in a cold hard ground

Senior Prom. The night that I never thought I would be excited and gushing about. My mom bought me a white strapless silk dress that flows perfectly until my toes. My mom also helped me with my makeup, just the right blush on my cheeks and lips. Letting my long curly blonde hair down I look different. Mom's eyes widened after I was fully dressed.

"Harry is going to love you even more," she gushed while she pulled me in a tight hug. "You look so beautiful sweetie,"

"Thanks mom,"

Minutes later we heard a knock on the front door from downstairs.

"Your date is here," mom says. "I'll get the door," she says and then sashayed downstairs.

Staring at myself one more time I took a deep breath and met my mom and Harry downstairs.

Harry was wearing a black coat over his button down shirt with a couple of buttons undone, showing off his bird tattoos and a black pants. His hair is brush up and he looks so dashing. I like that he didn't wear a tie cause he looks a formal yet ragged. Something that only Harry Styles can pull off.

"Wow! You look amazing Swift," he mumbled as soon as I took the last step on the stairs.

"You look amazing too," I replied as I felt my cheeks flushed.

I am kinda nervous about tonight cause this is the first dance that I will be attending in my entire high school life. Last year I didn't go to our Junior Prom and just did my research instead. But when Harry asked me last week that he wants me to his date for Prom I couldn't say no. Besides, I can never turn down the love of my life.

He reached out his hand to me and I took smiling at him slightly.

"Let me take a picture of you two," mom says while she was holding the digital camera.

Harry puts my hand on his waist while his placed his hand on the small of my back. Pulling me closer to him as my mom took a couple of pictures of us. I know this night is going to be perfect.

"Here," he tied the corsage he brought on my wrist before we bid our goodbye to my mom.

His car was parked in front of our house and it was shining tonight compare to the past few months we've used it.

"Your car looks different," I noticed as he was opening the passenger door for me.

"I've had it overhauled for tonight," he answered.

My heart skipped a beat. He did really took sometime and exerted some efforts to make tonight's perfect. I didn't know how did I get this lucky. We talked about random things while he drove us to the campus.

The school was perfectly decorated with a modern-day Cinderella theme. There was a red carpet going from the pathway going to the school hall. Everyone was wearing their perfect dress. I never thought prom can be this glamorous.

Harry held my hand tightly as we walked towards the hall where the party is. Loud music is defeaning. And it's already a little crowded even though it's early. Everyone in that room is familiar. I've seen Hailee Steinfield sitting on the right side of the room wearing a black dress and she looks magnificent. She smiled at me so I smiled back. Our assigned seat is on the other end of the room. On our way to it, we dropped by at the voting booth could vote for the Prom King and Queen of the night.

We also passed by the jocks and the cheeries table. Zayn and Louis are both looking handsome wearing their suit and tie. While Kendall, Gigi and Eleanor wear clothes that shows too much skin. Harry didn't even glance with them. After we spent my birthday in Wilmington three months ago. Harry stopped hanging out with them. Like totally stopped being friends with them. I asked him once and he told me that he is done with their shits. And he was pretty upset about so I didn't ask further.

My eyes caught Kendall's eyes staring at me with daggers. She still hates me cause Harry chose me over her. I took a deep breath and held Harry's hand tightly as we made our way to our seat.

"Let's dance," Harry whispered to me.

The loud beat songs were changed into mellow ones. And Harry and I have been sitting for a while in our assigned table, his hand never leaving mine.

"Okay," I squeaked. Feeling so nervous about it. I took his hand as he held it out to me. My hands were a little cold and shaky. I've danced in my life before apart from the night we've had our first date. But it was in their house and no one was there.

Harry led me to the danced floor. He places my hands on his shoulders then put his on my waist. We moved slowly with a John Mayer song that i forgot what the title was.

"I wanna tell you something," he says as he pulled me closer to him.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I was going to wait until the results came in to tell you but I couldn't wait any longer," he says and my heart started beating so loud. "I applied with NYU, I am not sure if I'll be accepted but I am taking my chances." He says and ran his hands on my arms. "I know we've discuss about you being in New York and me in Boston but I don't wanna be in a long distance relationship, I want to be in the same college as you," he explained and my heart just melted.

Ever since I was a little kid I planned on moving to NYU for college and my parents have supported me for it. My mind was set about my plans and I never kept that from Harry. When I first met him he has no constant plans for college. In fact he was having second thoughts of going to college but his mother told me that when he was a little kid, he wanted to draw comic books. Like being part of Marvels. Anne even showed me some of his drawings and they were great. Like they were amazing. That is why I've convinced him to apply to MIT and we both just got our early acceptance last week. We planned how long distance relationship will work out. And everything was in place. So I am a little surprised now that he applied with NYU to be with me. How did I get this lucky?

"I hope it's okay for you to be in the same college as me," he says.

Giving him a sweet smile and wrapped my arms around his neck and presses my lips in his. "I couldn't ask for anything other than being with you in the same college." I replied.

"Good," he says then pulled me even closer and I rested my head in his chest.

We danced for a little while and the when sweet mellow music was changed into the loud beat, we decided to head back to our table. Harry went to the buffet area to get some refreshment.

So far the night is going great. I never imagined that I'll be able to enjoy a night like this. I often laugh at the girls who stress theirselves out picking the perfect prom dress. Lucky for me I have a mother who was a great taste in fashion more than I did.

Looking at Harry who's on the other side of the room trying to get us some snack and drinks. I saw Zayn and Louis walked over to him. I don't hear what they are talking about but whatever those two told him upsets Harry based on the expression on his face and the way his lips formed into a thin line.

"Enjoying the night?"

My thoughts were interrupted by the high pitch voice of Kendall Jenner standing in front me, completely blocking my view of Harry. Behind her were Gigi and Eleanor.

"In fact I am," I replied to her with sarcasm.

She gave me an evil smile then they all sat on the empty chairs in our table. "Good," Kendall says. "Enjoy the night while you can cause just like Cinderella, when the clock hits at 12 midnight, you will walking down the aisle of this school like a damsel in distress." She said in gritted teeth.

"What?" I asked. I was completely clueless by what she was trying to say. For months I have been off their radar besides the constant eye brow raising stare they give me.

"She seems to be not in the same page as we Ken," Gigi said.

"Yeah Ken, why don't you fill her in," Eleanor agreed.

Kendall smiled and tucked some lose strands of hair behind her ear. "Well yeah, I mean why wait till 12 midnight if I can just tell her now," Kendall said.

My heart is beating so fast. I am upset but I still want to take the high road and at the same time feeling curious on what they are trying to imply to me.

"What is it that you want from me?" I asked, while silently praying for Harry to come back, hold my hand and keep me away from this bitches.

"Do you really believe that Harry loves you?" Kendall said and I kept quiet. "Or I think we should start with, why the hell that a guy as gorgeous as Harry will waste him time over a nerd like you?" Kendall said.

Gigi and Eleanor giggled. "Well, maybe because I was trying to win over another girl and I was dared to?" Gigi answered.

My breathing went faster. My mind is still confused about what they just told me but I feel like my heart understood it perfectly.

"Harry is only dating you because I dared him to make you fall in love with him, take your virginity and leave you like the trash you deserve," Kendall said, emphasizing every word.

"And the price is Harry gets to be with Kendall," Eleanor butt in.

"No," I whispered.

Kendall was about to speak when Harry came in. Finally!

"What the hell is going on here?" He asks and immediately went to my rescue. "Are you alright?" He asks me. "What the hell are you doing here Kendall?"

Tears are forming in my eyes. That is not true, Harry will not betray me like that. He loves me and everything that we shared was only between the two of us.

"Good thing, you are here Harry," Kendall said. "Why don't you tell little innocent Taylor here that the only reason that you are together is because I dared you to make her fall in love with you," Kendall tells Harry. "And the proof was the voice recording of the two of you having sex. I never thought Taylor here can moan that loud," Kendall said.

"Kendall will you stop?" Harry yelled and people were starting to stare at us.

Zayn and Louis even went to our table to see what was happening.

"You've got what you were asked for," Kendall said to Harry. "So you can stop this game and claim your price,"

Harry shook his head which confuses me even more cause I don't know if that's his way of telling me that Kendall is lying or that he doesn't want to claim his price?

"Was it true?" I asked him with tears on my face. "Was it all just a game?"

Harry put his hands on my cheeks wiping the tears with his gaze at me. "I can explain," he says and my heart broke into million pieces.

"Yes or No Harry," I whispered, holding his wrist.

"Yes,"

Taking his hands off of me, my palm landed on his cheek with a loud thump. "We are over," I whispered to him.

Not caring if all eyes are on us, I held on to my dress to lift the hem a little and ran my way out of the room. Tears are continuously falling from my eyes. I heard Harry called my name but I didn't bother to turn around. My heart is being crushed. Everything that I know and believe about love is all a lie. Everything that he told me was a lie. He uses me so he can win a damn game and get into Kendall Jenner's pants. And I was a complete idiot for believing that a guy as good looking as Harry is going to fall in love with me.

I ran into the parking area, thinking how can I get home. I don't wanna talk to Harry and I don't have a car to use. Then I realized that his keys were in my pouch. I can drive myself home and just leave his car in front of their house and throw the keys in the forest so he won't find them so I could at least get even.

"Swift,"

As soon as I hear him called my name, I fished on the keys on my pouch, unlocking the car I got in. Harry was running towards me. I immediately turned the engine on and find the nearest exit, in the rear view mirror I saw Harry harassed one of the students there and got in another car trying to follow me around. Stepping on the gas, I need to get as far away as possible from him. I don't wanna talk to him. My heart is aching in such a way that I never imagined. My eyesight is blurry as my tears hasn't stopped from flowing through my cheeks. I can't believe I let Harry tricked me. I was the intelligent one. I tutored people to get high rating but why in the world that I didn't even see that I was being played on? How could be such an idiot.

Harry was still following me around. Honking on my behind and he's close until I was about to reach the traffic sign. I can't let him be close to me, not ever again. Stepping on the gas silently praying that I could pass running the red light until I saw a blinding light coming my way and a loud defeaning crash before everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 57 13
The boys' seventh year at Hogwarts was rung in on the pretense that everything was safe and okay. But, with the first Wizarding War slowly edging up...
54.1K 3.4K 29
"A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.." But what if a couple is married only to give up later? A year...
17.4K 591 16
Taylor Swift was a good girl. She came from a rich family and everything in her life was perfect, until she met Harry Styles, he was trouble and she...
223K 4.8K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...