A Journey Together (Sansby Fa...

By Blue_Diamond5

The barrier is finally down, and a new life is finally right up ahead. Opportunities like never seen before-i... More

❥ Chapter 1: The Grand Opening
❥ Chapter 2: The Suit
❥ Chapter 3: Just as Expected
❥ Chapter 4: Jealousy
❥ Chapter 5: A Terrific Tuesday
❥ Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: Movie Night
★ Chapter 8: Good Morning ★
★ Chapter 9: I'm Thinking About You ★
★ Chapter 10: His Return ★
★ Chapter 11: The Unbearable Shame ★
★ Chapter 12: His Support ★
★ Chapter 13: A Loving Home ★
THANK YOU SO MUCH
★ Chapter 14: Love is in the Air ★
★ Chapter 15: Surprises ★
★ Chapter 16: Plan ★
★ Chapter 17: Hell ★
★ Chapter 18: It's on ★
★ Chapter 19: Aftermath ★
Chapter 20: The revelation
Notes Again
Chapter 21: Going Home
Chapter 22: Going to Bed
Chapter 23: From relaxing to chaotic
Chapter 24: Party Poopers
Chapter 25: Hangover Crisis
Chapter 26: Couple
Chapter 27: Explaining
Chapter 28: Ideas
Chapter 29: The Night Part One
Chapter 30: The Night Part two
More Notes
Chapter 31: Arguement
Chapter 32: Resets
Chapter 33: Clothes
Chapter 34: The Date Part 1
Chapter 35: The Date Part 2
Chapter 36: The Date Part 3
Chapter 37: The Date Part 4
Chapter 38: A Friendly Call
Chapter 40: A Small Argument
Chapter 41: Short Time Left
Chapter 42: A Small Breakdown
Chapter 43: The Fight
Chapter 44: Why?
Chapter 45: Wrong Decisions We Make
Chapter 46: May I take a seat?
Chapter 47: You know him?
Chapter 48: What have we done?
Chapter 49: Gone
Chapter 50: I'm sorry
Chapter 51: The Best Thing
Chapter 52: The Epic Gift
Chapter 53: Christmas Part One
Chapter 54: Christmas Part Two
Chapter 55: Christmas Part Three
★ Chapter 56: Odd ★
Chapter 57: He's Alright
★ Chapter 58: Brothers ★
★ Chapter 59: Alone ★
★ Chapter 60: Sean and Dan ★
Chapter 61: Reminiscent Walk
Chapter 62: Headed Down to Your Destination
Book Update!!

Chapter 39: The Harsh Truth

2.3K 100 178
By Blue_Diamond5

Grillby leaned on his black marbled dinner table, supporting his chin with one hand, and the other resting below, thinking.

Today had been a long day.

A long day.

How would his father react?

"babe, you okay?" Sans asked, snapping Grillby out of his thoughts.

Sans had began staying more often with Grillby over at his apartment.

It was certainly nice having someone around other than pure loneliness.

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"you seem...off... thoughtful. what's in your mind if you mind sharing." Sans said, taking a seat next to Grillby and leaning closer.

Grillby sighed.

"I'm just tired. Today was a long day." Grillby replied, gently pushing back Sans.

"grillby... lying ain't your forte, you know..." Sans chuckled.

Grillby groaned hesitantly, and placed his head on the table.

"babe, you don't have to te-"

"My father is coming... along with my mother... and my older brother..." Grillby finally spoke up, interrupting Sans.

Sans' eye pinpricks disappeared for a mere second, and sweat began dripping over his skull.

"o-oh..." Is all he managed to stutter out, a blue blush spreading over his face.

Sans took off his bow tie with a pull and wiped his sweat off his forehead.

"uh...well then... guess it is time to meet them. have you at least told them about u-us?" Sans asked.

"No..." Grillby grunted.

"heh... uh... why not?" Sans questioned.

"My father isn't going to like it..." Grillby informed, almost at a barely audible tone.

As much as Sans wanted to keep asking questions, he held with both of his hands, Grillby's much bigger hand.

"babe... you love me right?"

Grillby turned to look at Sans and smiled.

"You mean the whole world to me." He responded sweetly.

"then nothing can stop us. we're inseparable! so just... t-tell them! after all, you've said so, so many times, that honesty is always one of the best options!" Sans assured.

Grillby took a deep breath and nodded.

"O-okay... I'll... I'll uh... Call him... later..." He said.

Sans grinned.

"great then! want me to make dinner tonight? eh?" Sans offered.

Grillby laughed softly in return, and nodded.

Sans rarely offered help to make dinner.

He usually only did it when Grillby was really tired, or he was down.

'I love him so much' he thought.

"Want any help?" Grillby asked, briefly standing up before Sans stopped him.

"no thanks. i got this. i may be lazy but you're forgetting papyrus and i lived together back in the underground. guess who was the one making the edible food back then? me." Sans recalled.

"Alright, love." Grillby chortled, taking a seat back in his chair.

"let me take this for you." Sans added, taking Grillby's black vest off and heading to the kitchen.

Grillby sat there and waited patiently for about four minutes before Sans came back with two plates, and a bottle of ketchup.

"a made some corn dogs." He announced, quite happily.

"So much for saying you knew how to make food." Grillby pointed out jokingly.

"hey, technically i did cook them for fifty seconds in the microwave after pulling them out the freezer." Sans defended his 'cooking'.

Grillby rolled his eyes and laughed softly.

"You're hilarious."

"no, i'm sans."

Grillby face palmed and sighed, dipping his corn dog in a small amount of ketchup, and taking a bite out of it.

Sans giggled at his own joke and Grillby's reaction before beginning to actually eat his food, drowning it in ketchup.
_____________

After a really late dinner, the couple got ready to sleep.

Since Sans forgot to bring an extra pair of clothes, Grillby gave Sans one of his smallest white t-shirts that dropped all the way down to his knee caps.

"Your so small." Grillby teased, already lying in bed ready to sleep.

"shut up grillbz...." Sans mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest and looking away with a feeling of shame at his stature.

Grillby sat up and unexpectedly pulled Sans onto the bed with him, making him shriek at the sudden action, and wrapping his arms and legs around the smaller one.

"And I love it. I love everything about you. You're so perfect, Sans." Grillby contemplated.

Although Sans' thoughts screamed the opposite, he just buried his head into Grillby's chest and didn't say anything but an 'i love you'.

Soon, Sans had fallen asleep peacefully.

Thankfully, his nightmares weren't as bad as before since he had began worrying less of the resets, and was happier than ever with the people he loved.

Everything was great so far, asides from that buried feeling of self hatred lingering there in his thoughts of course, and those memories of the past timelines.

Grillby looked down at Sans and kissed him in the forehead before carefully squeezing out of the bed, and walking to the living room, leaving all doors behind closed shut.

Grillby heaved a long sigh, before plopping onto the couch and dialing his father's phone number in his phone.

'Here we go...' He mentally noted.

The other line picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Father, it's me. Grillby." Grillby said.

"Oh- Grillbert! Son! Your mother and I, along with your brother Ignatius are on our way to the surface. We already crossed the barrier! Your eldest sister Agnimitra wanted to come, but she's occupied with her job, and transitioning her daughter Fuku Fire to another highschool here in the surface. Whew... Anywho, I heard someone went on a successful rampage with a certain bar by the name of Grillby's." His Father conversated.

Grillby laid back on the couch and began fiddling with his thumbs.

"Yeah... But weren't you against me running my own bar, Father?" Grillby recalled curious as to why his father had changed his mind.

"Son, I'm so sorry I was unaccepting toward that decision. I honestly thought it would influence you to wrongful decisions since the job is awfully based on alcohol. And the drunks there... Ugh... I don't want my son to be near those drunks now, do I?"

Grillby bit his lip and sighed.

Ok, here it goes...

"Father, I need to tell you something." He began.

"Uh-huh, go on. I'm listening."

"I'm...in a relationship... romantically involved." He confessed.

"Ooh! Tell me more! How's the girl?"

"It's a boy..." Grillby awkwardly corrected.

"Oh Grillbert. You know I don't care for that! You don't have to get so worked up about that!"

"Father... He is a skeleton..." Grillby muttered.

"A SKELETON!?!??!"
_________________

Hehehehe.... That's all for now. I'll try to post next chapter either later today, or by tomorrow. (No guarantees)

I'm enjoying this section of the book lol.

Leave comments down below like I always say. They make my day much better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 429 48
Meet Maya, a wonderfully sarcastic girl with the ability to befriend sassy flowers, talking skeletons, ghosts & even a walking candle. Oh, she also...
4.2K 206 28
[Part One of the Timeline Series] You were a foster child from since birth, you never liked the foster parents you were sent to, they were always 'un...
237 18 7
You and your sibling, Frisk, have been living in a forest near the city for about four years now. Your daily routine has been unwavering since you mo...
13.1K 907 35
So, monsters and humans have been living together on the surface for quite a few years now... That's an accomplishment! No resets, no new timeline. J...