Hiraeth //S.S.// ➸ Book 2

Autorstwa briboo4142

Hiraeth: (n) a homesickness for a home you can't return to, or that never was. I miss the old Beacon Hills... WiΔ™cej

17 Again
Miguel is Back
Freshmen Star
New Beta
Kayla
Professional Assassins
No More Death
36 Million
Scott's Horrible Plan
Meredith?
Is It Really Over?
Back To Mexico
Goodbye Derek
A Familiar Face
Untrustworthy
A New Kanima
Masked Men
A Secret Death
Bad Memories
The Hard Truth
Just Trust Him
Aubrey Q&A Answers
Heartache
Beyond The Veil
I Won't Give Up
Reunited
The Beast Of Gevaundan
Saviors and Betrayal
The Plan
Failure Is Not An Option
The Beast Is Reveled
A New Found Trust
She Saved My Life
Memory Fade
A/N
New Faces
Thunder and Lightning
I Promise
Ghost Town
Redemption
M.Stilinski
Flashbacks
Reunited
Starstruck
A Perfect World
No Escape
Into The Woods
Peace and War
A Day Full Of Lies
Zoo Shenanigans
Familiar Faces
Two Halves Equal A Whole
Blindness
Sacrifice
It's Been A Glorious Ride
Epilogue
Movie!??
WIP

Silver Lining

542 14 1
Autorstwa briboo4142

My ringer blared into my ears and I groaned. I peered my eyes opening, searching for the device as my hands traveled along the bed. Making contact with it, I looked at the screen, briefly closing my eyes due to the immense brightness.  

Theo's name was on the screen, along with the time 3:07 am. I sighed, sitting up and pressing the phone against my ear. 

"Theo, you do realize it's 3 in the morning right?" I sighed, frustrated that he would wake me up. "I know Aubrey, I'm sorry but I need your help." He said sternly into the speaker. 

"With what exactly?" I asked, standing up off my bed and turning on my bedroom light. "I'll explain soon, just come down to the animal clinic." He replied as I slipped on my shoes and grabbing my car keys. 

"Fine, I'm on my way." I placed the phone into my pocket, walking downstairs and into my car, heading towards the clinic. 

I opened the door to the clinic, instantly seeing Theo sitting on the exam table. looking down at his hands. "What was so important that I had to leave my house at 3 am exactly?" I questioned, causing him to glance up.

He sighed it relief, standing up. "There's a spider inside my skin." He said quickly and I crossed my arms. 

"What do you mean?" I questioned.  He rolled his eyes. "There is a spider literally crawling inside my skin." He grabbed a scalpel from the drawer, holding it out in my direction. "And I need you to get it out." 

I grabbed the scalpel from his hand as he took off his shirt, turning around so his back was facing me. "If you see it, don't hesitate to stab it." He said as I nodded to myself, watching his back for any sudden movements. 

Suddenly, something popped out, my hand shooting forward, stabbing the scalpel into the bump. Theo winced, his muscles tightening as I pulled out the scalpel, revealing a large black spider. I handed Theo the scalpel, walking towards the entrance. 

"Sleep tight Theo," I said, grabbing onto the door handle. "Thank you, Aubrey." He said before I walked out of the clinic, just waiting to get back to sleep. 

I made my way home, throwing my shoes in front of the door, along with my keys. I crawled into my bed, resting my head on the pillow. Just as I was about to sleep, my light was turned on, causing me to snap my eyes closed. 

"Aubrey, get up." Scott's voice echoed throughout my head as I sighed. "What Scott." I snapped at him. 

"We have to go find Argent and get him the bullet before the cops find it." He said as I sat up, sighing. 

"Right now?" I questioned as he nodded. Groaning I got up from my bed once again, following Scott downstairs, extremely tired. 

Scott and I met up with Malia and Lydia in the woods where we found the hellhound's body. Luckily, we had gotten to the body first, able to take all the bullets at the scene. Scott was running ahead of the 3 of us, frantically looking around. "We can still catch them," Malia said and Scott stopped in his tracks. 

He turned around facing us. "Catch who?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. "The one who killed the hellhound," I said obviously. "What are you thinking about?" 

"Getting the bullet to Argent." He answered as he held out the bullet. Malia crossed her arms as she took a step towards my brother. "Even if he's the one who fired it?" She countered. 

Scott sighed. "Especially if he's the one." Scott replied as he turned away, looking around. "Do you hear that?" He asked as I tuned in my hearing, listening. 

At least 10 heartbeats pounded in my ears, telling me someone was near. "Heartbeats," Malia answered. "Lots of them." 

Scott started to pant as his eyes darted around the trees. "They're here." 

"Who?" I asked as Scott turned around. "Hunters." Turning towards his direction, all I saw was trees. 

"Run." He panted, taking off into the woods. "Scott!" I yelled, trying to keep up with him. "Scott wait!" 

He kept running, getting further and further away until I could faintly see the outline of his body. Malia, Lydia, and I ran until we came to a dozen of little bright lights ahead of us. 

I heard faint growling as we got closer. Finally, in view, I could see the whole picture. Scott was on top of the sheriff, covering his face as the little bright lights got closer. 

"Scott it's me." Sheriff said as Scott looked up, hiding his face with his hoodie as he got off of the sheriff. Sheriff stood up, brushing off his pants as he held up his flashlight. 

"Everybody stay back, its just a kid." He said as everyone started to drop their weapons. "What's wrong with his eyes?" One cop asked, still holding the gun and light at Scott. 

Parrish stepped in front of her. "You heard the sheriff, stand down." He demanded, the cop slowly bringing her gun down. 

I ran up to my brother, kneeling down beside him as he stared at the ground. He slowly looked up, his eyes back to their normal brown. 

"Scott what was that?" I asked as he sighed, not looking me in the eye. "I don't know. It was like a hallucination." He admitted, standing up. 

"I'm really sorry." Scott muttered to Stilinski. 

Stilinski called off the police; leaving us alone with him. Once it was clear, we walked with Stilinski towards where the hellhound had been shot. One of the police members had found it while Scott was running around like crazy. 

"You wanna tell me what happened here?" He asked causing Malia to cross her arms. "He's a hellhound." 

"Yeah, a dead hellhound." Lydia pointed out and Stilinski nodded. "Yeah, got that." 

I shook my head, looking down at the body. "I still don't get it. Hellhounds can't be killed." I paused. "Well, at least I thought." 

Lydia nodded in response. "Well, it looks a lot easier than we thought." 

Stilinski turned towards Scott who was oddly quiet. "Got anything to add?" He asked him and Scott looked up, slightly shaking his head. "Yeah, I don't think it was just any bullet." 

"I hope so." Stilinski sighed. "Be careful." He said as he turned around, walking towards the border of the woods. 

"Why didn't you say anything?" Malia questioned Scott. "Why didn't you say anything?" Scott counter and Lydia rolled her eyes. "Why didn't either of you say anything?"

"Why didn't any of you say anything?" I asked and Scott sighed. "None of us said anything because of Argent. And none of us are going to say anything until we talk to him. Everybody good with that?" 

Lydia nodded. "As long as we talk to Argent soon. Immediately would be preferable." She pursed her lips. 

"Premonition?" Malia asked and Lydia nodded. "Yeah." 

"First we find Argent," Scott stated as we followed him out of the woods. 

For three hours, Scott, Malia, and I had been trying to get ahold of Argent. Leaving multiple voicemails on his multiple phones. Eventually, Scott thought it would be a great idea to go to his bunker. 

"He's not answering our calls. He's not home. He's not here." Malia stated as I nodded. "Scott, maybe he just doesn't want to be found." 

Scott shrugged his shoulders, standing at Argent's desk, opening up his laptop. "Well, he would have his calendar on his laptop." 

He sits down at the chair as I walk around the bunker, examining the shelves. "Why does he have so many guns?" I questioned looking at the hundreds on guns on each shelve. "You don't think he's hunting again do you?" I asked as Scott shook his head. 

"He's not a hunter anymore. There are no more werewolf hunters anymore. It was just the police deputies." Malia said as I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"You think he's selling guns again?" I asked Scott, walking over to him as he finally cracked the password. "We're about to find out." 

Turns out that Argent was making a pretty big delivery tonight, just outside of Beacon HIlls. As we approached the area, Argent was under the bridge, holding a gun in his hand. "See, I don't' sell to weekend warriors," Argent said to the 2 guns in front of him.  "You want these guns, you'll answer my question" 

One of the guys chuckled.  "We're taking the guns, the ammo, and the crates." They pointed the gun at his head, causing my body to tighten. 

"If you knew anything about guns, you'd know they're not loaded." The men glanced at eachother, before dropping the guns in their hands, pulling new ones out from their back pockets. "We brought our own." 

"And I always have a backup plan." Argent said just as Malia grabbed the cloest guy to her, throwing him onto the ground. 

Argent whipped around, staring at us as Malia placed a foot on top of the guy. "What the hell are you guys doing here?" He asked and Malia shrugged. "We're your backup." 

Argent agressivly sighed. "I had a guy on the inside." 

"Who?" Malia asked and Argent shot her a glare. "You're standing on him." 

Gun shots blarred into the air as we all jumped for cover. "Get down!" Scott yelled as the guys continued to fire the bullets. Three other guys appeared from the shadows, shooting at us as we hit behind the pillar. 

Scott, Malia, and I each glanced at eachother, looking at the guys before nodding. I ran out from the pillar, grabbing the man's gun, tossing it to the side. He tried to run but I grabbed his jacket, pulling him back towards me. My eyes turned gray as I threw him across the street.

All the other guys were on the ground, unconcious. 

"How did you find me?" Argent panted and I pointed to Scott. "Ask my brother." 

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "You left your computer in the bunker." Argent nodded. "Ah. I guess I need a new password." 

"Business is booming and I'd like to know why." Argent muttered as we placed the guns back into his cr. 

"Have you made any unusual sales recently? LIke a bullet with a fleur-de-lis?" As Malia asked, Argent tensed up. 

He shook his head. "I haven't stamped a bullet since Allison died." He admitted, the sadness in his voice was clear. 

"Someone just killed a Hellhound with one." Scott said and Chris raised his eyebrows. "Can I see the casing?" Scott nodded, reaching into his pocket. 

His eyes widened as he pulled his pockets out, revealing nothing but fabric. 

I sighed, shaking my head. "Scott, you're joking?" He sighed, putting his pockets back. "It must've fallen out." 

Argent shook his head. "You don't need the casing. You need a slug." He stated. "FInd that, and you'll find your killer." 

We led Argent to where the hellhounds body was. As we walked into the woods, I grabbed Scott's arm, pulling him behind Malia and Argent. 

"Scott, about last night." I paused and he sighed. "I get it, I freaked out. Which probably freaked the both of you out." 

"I wasn't freaked out Scott. I was scared. I thought you were going to rip Stilinski's throat out." I admitted and he nodded. 

"Aubrey, i'm fine." He stated and I rolled my eyes. "Scott, i'm worried. So many things have been going wrong. Who's next to lose it? The former coyote. The IED. The psycho killer?" I admitted, crossing my arms. "And Stiles? I"m worried about him too." 

I paused as my eyes got glossy. "Does the fear every go away Scott? Does this paranoia every die down?" I asked and he nodded. 

"I don't think you're paranoid, I think you're just overstressing." He said. 

I went to nod but a bright red light appeared behind Scott. "What if I told you I saw a red laser now? Would that make me paranoid?" I asked as Scott turned around. 

"Relax, it's just me." Argent and Malia came into view, Argent putting down his gun. 

I took a deep breath out, relaxing my heartbeat. "It is nessary to use that thing?" 

Argent nodded. "To determine the trajectory of the bullet." He answered. "Now, show me where you found the body." 

He lifted the gun again and I felt my body tense up. Argent glanced over at me. "Relax, the safety is on." 

I nodded as he pointed the laser at the tree. "Got it." He muttered. "Aubrey, do me a favor." Argent turned towards me. "Glow your eyes, tell me if you can see it, too." 

I nodded, glowing my eyes, looking at the tree. A bright silver light shined from underneath the bark. I nodded as my eyes went back to normal. "I see it." 

Argent walked up to the tree, pulling out a pocket knife, hacking away the bark. "That's because it's made from an element with a higher hear signature than regular metal. It shines infrared, like your eeys, because it's silver." He explained as he pulled out part of the bullet from the tree.

My mouth was dry as we stood in silence. Malia crossed her arms, glancing between the three of us. "How come no one's saying anything? Silver? Copper? Lead? Who cares what a bullet's made out of? Don't they all do the same thing?" 

"Well," Argent spoke up. "It's a myth that a silver bullet can kill a werewolf." I nodded. "Bt a real hunter would know it's just a myth." 

"Silver's too soft for bullets, they don't fly straight." He said and Malia furrowed her eyebrows. "If you didn't fire it, then who did?" SHe questioned and Scott stood up from his slunched position. 

"Someone who doesn't know what they're doing." He said and Argent nodded. "Someone dangerous. A new hunter." 

After the woods, I made my way back home while Scott went back with Argent, probably to talk about the bullets. 

Pulling out my phone, I noticed a voicemail from Stiles. I sighed. I wanted to tell him. He deserved to know what was going on. How I was feeling? I haven't talked to him since the day I left from the trip. It's been countless voicemails and short little texts. We both were preoccupied with our lives. 

"Hey Aubrey, it's Stiles. I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. We haven't talked in a while. I know you're probably busy back home and all this police homework has been running me dry. I love you and I miss you so much and hopefully, i'll see you soon but not too soon. Call me back when you get a chance." 

  I sighed, glancing at the time. It was 12am here, meaning 3am there. I placed my phone on the charger. As much as I wanted to talk to him, he was probably sleeping. 

I rested my head against my pillow, closing my eyes. 

A/N: I know its been really really REALLY long since i've updated and every time I update, it's another excuse why it took so long but I feel I'll tell you anyway. I wanted to wait one week before I updated but not this long. Going into senior year and dealing with colleges and work at the same time is difficult, plus the want to update but no time was killing me. I"m going to try and stay on a schdule and again i'm sorry it took so long. There's only around 6 more chapters of this book and its so bittersweet. 

Wordcount: 2623

-Brianna  

Czytaj Dalej

To TeΕΌ Polubisz

1.9K 70 9
Rosalie Pendragon Black and Draco Malfoy have spent their lives surrounded by wizards, witches, king, queen, knights, and guards. How will they be wh...
7.9K 273 6
𝐭𝐑𝐞 π₯𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐒𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐦 ── β€’βœ§β€’ ── As the youngest child of Uhtred, born from a single night of passion and her mother passing from child birth...
399K 6.4K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.9K 76 4
At age fourteen, Rhea Oleyna Antilles, Princess of Alderaan, is suddenly taken to the Jedi Temple to train in the ways of the force. Five years later...