non-binary → phan (on hold)

By junkiehowell

ㅡᴏɴ ʜᴏʟᴅ "you know, you're a really cute boy." he half shouted, competing with the pounding music of the club... More

0. prelude
1. post-concert
2. sad pimp
3. cute boy
5. yummy
6. pastel
7. sweet tears
8. tae
9. halloween
10. cardboard boxes
11. quiet talks
12. dismal departure
13. stitch
14. admission
15. cuddle
16. ice cream fingers
17. double date
18. homecoming
tiny return + face reveal !!
status!

4. napkin

1K 71 24
By junkiehowell

the next morning, i stayed on the couch. i was wrapped up in my blanket almost like it was cocoon. i didn't move a muscle. i continued staring at my blank ceiling and listening to the sound of a clock ticking somewhere in the flat. billie and connor's soft breathing sounded from down the hall. 

that was the one thing i hated about this flat - everything seemed louder than it really was, projecting from one room to the next no matter how quiet the noise was. i pulled out my phone and checked my notifications. nothing.

i frowned, reminding myself that i would have to text phil first, considering i had his number and he didn't have mine. the napkin was still in my pocket. i pulled out the crumpled paper and read over phil's number again and again and again, deciding whether or not i should text him. i sat up and placed it on the table. i stared at the napkin instead of the ceiling.

eventually, however, billie woke up and slowly made her way to the couch. "good morning, sunshine," she said, stretching her arms high above her head. her sweater sleeves flopped over her fingertips, to long for her own arms. she dropped her arms to her sides.

"g'morning." 

she fell next to me on the couch. i removed part of my blanket cocoon for her to slide under the blanket also. she cuddled up next to me, resting her head on my shoulder, still tired. "whatcha got there, bub?" 

"phil's number," i responded, returning my gaze to the napkin that was set on the small table in front of us. "i'm deciding whether to contact him or not." 

she moved her head from my shoulder to grab the napkin, getting a better look at it. "how much do you like him?" 

i sighed, shrugging my shoulders. "he was nice, but i was kind of disturbed by how interested he was in me after he realized who i was. i mean, i was flattered, but i was also a little creeped out. he told me that he can 'dig' the fact that i'm non-binary."

billie's eyes widened. "you told him?" 

i shrugged again. "yeah, but i don't know why." 

"how drunk were you?" billie asked, crossing her legs in the same position mine were in.

"i only drank water last night, bils," i responded, grabbing the napkin from her. "and i only told him because i felt like he was far gone enough for me to correct him on what pronouns to use for me and not be able to remember." 

billie shrugged. "he might remember, but i don't know." she stood up and headed to the kitchen. "it's good that you corrected him though, so if he remembers at least he digs it and will know to use he or they or him or-"

"okay, billie, i get it," i said, laughing. 

i listened to the sound of cereal being poured in the kitchen. billie returned with two bowls of cereal. "connor's bowl is in the kitchen."

i took the bowl and started spooning the cereal into my mouth. "tell him that, not me." 

billie grumbled before setting her bowl down and plopping onto the floor. "i'm not waking him up. he might try to kill me." she began eating her cereal. "like you when we first met, but then i learned to not wake you up unless i woke you accidentally. lucky connor, not having to experience my wrath of waking him up due to you chucking a lamp at me." 

i laughed, louder than i meant to. "i had to replace that lamp, you know. it was expensive."

billie threw her hands up in defeat. "it's not my fault! how was i supposed to know you were going to throw it at me?"

"i didn't throw it at you, i threw it in your general direction as to not hurt you." 

"sure," billie said. i heard the bed sheets rustling in my bedroom and soon after connor entered the living room. his hair stuck up on one side and his eyes were practically still shut. "we'll go with that. good morning, lovely. you look just great."

connor opened his eyes a little more and blinked at both me and billie. "good morning? sorry, i'm still half asleep." he moved over to sit next to me. i took my blanket off and handed it to connor, who was shaking from cold. "why is it so damn cold here, dan? and what's on that napkin?" 

"don't know why it's so cold. i'm guessing you're not experiencing any headaches." i handed connor the napkin, letting him read the numbers on the paper. 

connor sat forward. "nope, no headaches or anything hangover related. is this phil's number?" i nodded in response. billie giggled next to me on the floor as she spilled a bit of milk on herself. "why do you have phil's number?" 

"he gave it to dan last night," billie said as i took the napkin back from connor and set it on the table. "he's debating whether or not to contact him because phil creeped him out last night." 

connor looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows. "really?"

"uh-huh." 

he tapped a finger against the napkin, a small thumping sound echoing through the flat as he did so. "i think you should call him. i mean, he may have freaked you out a bit but that's because he had alcohol. phil isn't creepy when he's sober." 

billie laughed from beside me and grabbed my phone from my hand. she waved it threateningly in my face. "if you don't text him, i will. i'll send him cute little pictures of you and provocative texts that will make you question who's creepier." 

i rolled my eyes. "billie, i haven't decided if i want to text him or not. i barely even know the guy."

"well, here's your chance to know him! and it's slipping away." she moved to the far end of the couch. "you have five seconds, starting now! five." 

"billie, i haven't even-"

"four." 

"i just met him-"

"three!" 

"billie-"

"two!" 

"don't you dare-" 

"one! time's up! the number's already in and now i just have to find a really attractive picture to send." billie's thumbs were moving quickly over the screen. "and i think i found the perfect one. how do you think he would feel about this?"

"oh my god, billie, please do it!" connor shouted while i tried my best to snatch the phone from her hand. she just stuck her tongue at me in response before running and locking herself in the bathroom. i banged on the door, yelling for her to give me back my phone. 

she opened the bathroom quickly, and with enough force to make me almost all fall forward. a wicked grin was plastered onto her face. "too late, danny boy." i could hear connor wheezing in the living room. "looks like you might have some explaining to do to later." 

she handed me my phone, phil's contact still open.

you look cold, want to use me as a blanket? i would say we could spoon until you feel all fuzzy inside, but spooning always leads to forking. (;

i mentally cursed billie before placing my phone on my bed and running into the living room, ambushing billie and connor both with a tickle attack. 

author's note! this story sucks and i'm sorry but it has a slow boil
-di

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.6K 5.4K 18
'don't do that. don't act like you care. i might do something stupid, like open up to you.' {or the one where phil has a photographic memory and dan...
449 0 29
He wasn't letting go of my wrist. Maybe he was scared I would run away if he did. - "It's okay, you don't have to say anything Sean" I cut him off. "...
125K 6.7K 24
Phil was always a girly boy. He would play with barbies and wear pink colors a lot. Even when his mom told him that it was the most normal thing ever...
340K 21.7K 72
"Hey PJ, how've you been?" "Who's PJ? • Bad grammar and such intended • Trigger Warning: depression, mentions of suicide ### -completed as of 3/1/16-