Not My Alpha (Completed)

mquistey tarafından

#1 in Werewolf - #1 in Mate The world is at war with something they told themselves didn't exist. Samantha w... Daha Fazla

Authors Note
Chapter One - The Beach
Chapter Two - The Beach Continued
Chapter Three - The Window
Chapter Four - The Woods
Chapter Five - The Woods Continued
Chapter Six - The Bedroom
Chapter Eight - Goodbyes - Part One
Chapter Nine - Goodbyes Part Two
Chapter Ten - Trucks
Chapter Eleven - Discussing a Mutual Hatred
Chapter Twelve - Into the Woods
Chapter Thirteen - The Safe House
Chapter Fourteen - Sunset
Chapter Fifteen - Guns
Chapter Sixteen - One of Us - Part One
Chapter Seventeen - One of Us - Part Two
Chapter Eighteen - Fire
Chapter Nineteen - Chances
Chapter Twenty - Wolves - Part One
Chapter Twenty-One - Wolves- Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Two - Bound
Chapter Twenty-Three - The Alpha
Chapter Twenty-Four - All Hell
Chapter Twenty-Five - You're Not Going to Run
Chapter Twenty-Six - Faking
Chapter Twenty-Seven- Pain and Panic
Chapter Twenty-Eight - I Didn't Want to Freak You Out
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Just Call Me a Saint
Chapter Thirty - I'm Not So Dense
Chapter Thirty-One - I Don't Need a Wheelchair
Chapter Thirty-Two - What a Pleasant Surprise
Chapter Thirty-Three - Go On, Ask Me
Chapter Thirty-Four- Something I Should Know
Chapter Thirty-Five - I Promise
Chapter Thirty-Six - Three Days
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Eden
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Something's Happened
Chapter Thirty-Nine - I Have to Go
Chapter Forty - I Can't Let You Go
Chapter Forty-One - I Exploited It
Chapter Forty-Two - We Followed the Screams
Chapter Forty-Three - The World Seemed to Hold Its Breath
Chapter Forty-Four - The Night Turned to Glass
Chapter Forty-Five - The Pack House
Chapter Forty-Six - A Sermon in Syllables
Chapter Forty-Seven - For Now
Chapter Forty-Eight - It Was In The Tree Line
Chapter Forty-Nine - Living Hell
Chapter Fifty - He Cares
Chapter Fifty-One - A Liability
Chapter Fifty-Two - Bite You
Chapter Fifty-Three - It's Possible
Chapter Fifty-Four - Your Family
Chapter Fifty-Five - Unless I'm Not Alpha
Chapter Fifty-Six - Unconcious Vegetable of a Brother
Chapter Fifty-Seven - Everything Except You
Chapter Fifty-Eight - Too Good
Chapter Fifty-Nine - The Night We Live
Chapter Sixty - Should'a Known
Chapter Sixty-One - Making Everything Right
Chapter Sixty-Two - A Disgrace
Chapter Sixty-Three - To The Death
Chapter Sixty-Four - Not Fine
Chapter Sixty-Five - Chiefs
Epilogue

Chapter Seven - Today

59.3K 2.2K 613
mquistey tarafından

Ok. GUYS. A lot has happened since the last chapter. 

#1 - We've hit the top 1,000 in the Werewolf category. #625 to be exact. (Let me tell you - when I saw that I about fell out of my chair. I may have screamed as well. Who really knows?)

#2 - We've passed 2,000 reads. 

#3 - We've passed 100 votes. 

I don't know about y'all but I feel like those are serious milestones that need to be mentioned because I'm so freaking EXCITED!!!!! 

Here's a SHOUT OUT to everyone who has commented and voted. You guys are amazing! I am going to try and reply to comments all the comments. Just know I read every single one :) Please keep it up!!

Sorry, it's been a little while since I've posted a new chapter. Had more than a lot going on this week/weekend and I was more than a lot stressed. BUT it's finally here! Aaaaand the coming chapters have some awesome stuff. It's about to get real, folks. 

Also, the picture is Beth, Samantha's mother. 

I hope you all enjoy!

Mquistey 

***

Almost a week had passed, and Samuel still hadn't left my side.

We'd fallen into a routine, and it wasn't one I cared for. I'd wake up in the morning and he would be there, already dressed for the day. I'd get ready, and he'd walk me to work. When I got off, he'd walk me to the store. Even though I begged, he wouldn't let me go anywhere else. When the day was over, he'd return home with me and sleep on my floor as a wolf.

It was highly monotonous. 

The first few days my emotions were mixed with anger, fear, and annoyance. But when I realized he wasn't leaving or hurting me, I forced myself to get used to it. I hardly noticed him anymore. He still tried to speak to me, tried to learn about my life, but I wouldn't divulge the information. He didn't deserve it.

The more I thought about it, the more I knew I couldn't handle this routine much longer. It would drive me insane. I never was one for routine in the first place. Plus, I knew that Samuel would soon want more. More than walking me places. More than sleeping on a blanket. More than being tolerated and ignored. I also knew that when that happened, I didn't have a chance. Wolves took what they wanted without repercussion. 

But, I had today.

Today was the day I was getting out of here. I'd been thinking and rethinking my new plan since I met Samuel, and I finally had it figured out. It was foolproof. 

"Are you ready, Samantha?" Samuel's voice suddenly met my ears. It was quiet, almost less than a whisper.

I was in the bathroom, finishing getting ready for the day. Though I didn't like the idea of having Samuel in my room, I couldn't complain too much. He'd kept his end of the bargain, so I had to keep mine. In order for me to let Samuel stick to my side like a lost puppy, he had to keep quiet and out of sight. I didn't want anyone knowing about him. I knew that if James found out there was another werewolf in our lives, my brother wouldn't be the only one living in a hospital. 

"Just about." I breathed in the direction of the door.

He was quiet, waiting patiently for me. I stared at myself in the mirror for a moment longer, preparing for the day ahead. I couldn't afford to make any mistakes. 

When I left the bathroom, I didn't bother glancing at Samuel. I walked straight to my closet and pulled out the large sack of supplies, slipping my usual backpack inside. It was difficult to drag out of the closet, especially with my good hand still in a sling, so I wasn't surprised when Samuel came and took it from my grasp. 

"What's this for?" He asked.

I snuck a peek at his face, trying to read his thoughts. His expression usually told all. At the moment though, his features were blank and confused. 

"I have to pay the hospital today." He narrowed his eyes and I quickly continued. I knew he'd object, so I had an argument prepared. "I know the deal was that I don't go anywhere but work and home, but I don't have a choice today. Will needs this. I don't have a choice."

We were now in the middle of my room. I went to grab the sack from Samuel, but he lifted it over his shoulder. Without another look my way, he headed for the window. I watched, a little surprised, as he closed it behind him. I hadn't expected to win this easily. 

Shaking my head, I slipped on my shoes and walked out of my bedroom. James had left not too long ago, so it was only my mother sitting in the kitchen next to our front door. I smiled at her, dodging the variously broken tiles leading to the kitchen table. 

I sat down for a moment, though I knew Samuel was waiting. This was the only chance I had to say goodbye. My mother took my hands in her own, watching my face. I avoided her gaze, suddenly feeling guilty. I wanted to tell her everything, but I knew I couldn't. If she had information she was withholding from James or any werewolf for that matter, she'd be done for. This way was better. Safer. 

Instead of voicing my innermost thoughts, I studied the rundown kitchen for a moment. The yellow wallpaper had faded and was now stained brown. The cabinets lining the walls matched the color, and the wood was splintering in every crevice. The stove and refrigerator barely worked, and the gray tile had too many pieces missing. Even though this place was barely livable, I would miss it. This was home.

My mom noticed my gaze and followed it. "I wish we could fix this place up."

I looked back at her and smiled. "Me, too. Maybe someday."

Silence fell once again, and I knew I was running out of time. I'd figured once this moment had come I'd know what to say. But, here I was, struggling to find the right words. 

"Mom," I began.

"What's wrong, honey?" 

I smiled. "I just wanted to tell you I love you." I hesitated, trying to find a way to let her know I wouldn't be coming home tonight. Or ever again. "I'm going to be working pretty late tonight, so I don't think I'll see you."

I trained my eyes on hers, hoping she would catch on. Her expression was calm until she met my intense stare. She was startled for a minute before she brought her brow together and frowned. I glanced at the door, watching for figures outside its window. I could tell she wanted me to elaborate, but I held a finger to my lips and shook my head.

"I have to go, but I love you."

I stood up, and she followed suit. We embraced each other and I held her tightly, probably tighter than I ever had before. I didn't want to leave my mother alone, but I knew neither of us stood a chance if I stayed. If I left, I could come back and save her too. 

When I pulled away, I could tell she understood. Maybe not the entire situation, but enough to know I wasn't coming home. Her eyes were slightly wet, and her hand was cupping her jaw. She nodded slowly, meeting my gaze.

Before I could start to cry, I turned away. "Bye Mom. Love you." 

I opened the front door and jumped down the steps, practically running away. I knew the farther away I was, the easier it would be. 

Without waiting for Samuel, I started walking down the sidewalk. I knew he would follow suit. Soon enough, I heard his footsteps coming from behind. By the time he reached me, I had my composure once again.

"You're working late?"

I knew he'd been listening. "Ya, I forgot to tell you yesterday. That, and we've got to drop off the bag at the hospital."

"What if I dropped it off?"

I shot him a wary look. "That's not part of the deal. The hospital probably knows who you are and will obviously ask questions."

"Well, going to the hospital isn't part of our deal either." I started to interject, but he continued over me. "But, since I'm so nice, I'm allowing it." He smiled at the end, flashing his teeth. 

I scoffed. He was allowing it. 

Silence followed us for a few minutes after that. Samuel held my sack, and I led the way to my work. He knew the way by now, but I took a different back street every time. I didn't want anyone I knew seeing me with him. 

"I was thinking we could have lunch today," Samuel spoke, almost unsure of himself. "I have a few hours I can get away."

Panic struck. This couldn't happen. Not today. 

He noticed me tense and gave me a questioning glance. I tried to relax as I carefully responded.

"I really can't today. My boss has me working in the kitchen." I smiled inwardly. That wasn't a lie, so I could get away with it. 

"He won't let you off for an hour?"

I sighed. I didn't have to lie about this one, either. "Any hour not worked is an hour without pay. I can't afford that, especially now."

He nodded, though somewhat reluctantly. "Ok. Another time, then."

"Sure," I said without thinking. 

We'd almost made it to my work by now. I stopped, turning towards Samuel for what I hoped to be the last time. I gestured for my bag, which he slid off his shoulder and placed on my own. I steadied it and started to turn from him. Before I could take a step though, he grabbed my waist. 

I stopped dead, my eyes traveling down to his fingers. They weren't malicious or demanding but rested gently against my shirt. I still tried to pull away, but his grasp was firm. My heart started beating faster, all my senses now on high alert.

"What are you doing?" I asked in between struggles. 

As if for an answer, he took the bag off my shoulder and dropped it to the ground before wrapping his other arm around my waist. He pulled me in close to his chest and held me there, sighing.

I, on the other hand, was close to having a panic attack. He hadn't tried to touch me before, so I wasn't sure why today was so special. Did he know something? 

"Please stop squirming, I just want a hug. You hugged your mother, so I should get one as well." His voice was playful, almost whining. 

I stopped moving and let my hands fall to my sides. I trusted him enough to know he wouldn't hurt me, and I'd learned earlier this week that fighting his grasp was hopeless. All I could do was wait it out. 

"See? That wasn't so bad," Samuel smiled as he pulled away. It was crooked and didn't show his teeth, so I knew there was more.

"What else do you want?" I asked, suspiciously. 

"How do you know I want something else?"

"Because I'm not an idiot."

"You know, my parents always told me I wore what I was thinking. I guess they were right." He laughed slightly. 

I rolled my eyes. "I really don't have time for this. Can I go, now?"

"No, I do have something else. A question, actually." 

"Can it not wait?" I glanced down the street. I really was going to be late if he didn't let me go. Any minute spent here was a minute taken away from my plan. 

Samuel huffed. "No, it can't. I need you to think about it, so I wanted to tell you before I saw you again tonight."

I stared at him, waiting for the question. "Well?"

His voice softened. "I really want to spend more time with you. I want to get to know you more. But, I know you have to work and you have to be at home. I understand that. So," He paused to take in my expression. I narrowed my eyes, knowing where this was going.

"What if you moved in with me?"

I choked on my spit. I guess I didn't know where he was going. 

"Hear me out-" Samuel started.

I quickly interrupted him. "No. No way. Absolutely not. I don't even know you!"

"That's the problem! How else are we going to get to know each other? Listen, if you move in then that fixes everything. You could still go to work but instead of going to your step dad's house, you'd just come to my place. You'd be safer, I'd see you more, and we would both be happy." He smirked a little bit before finishing. "Plus, I could actually sleep in a bed."

I scowled at him. A full on, holding nothing back, 'I hate you' scowl. My eyes were shooting daggers and I'm pretty sure steam was coming out of my ears. My good hand balled into a fist and I suddenly wanted to swing it at his face. I knew my sudden build-up of rage was coming from a week of annoyance, but I didn't care. His question threw me off the edge of a cliff, and I wasn't climbing back up. 

"If you don't want to sleep on the floor then you should leave. I don't want you there, anyway," I spat.

His eyes widened and he faltered. Pain shot across his features. However, I continued.

"I'm not leaving my mom. I'm not leaving my job. And I am not moving in with you. I don't want you."

I didn't know why I was telling him these things, considering I'd be gone by tonight. Maybe I had no filter. Maybe I didn't want him thinking I cared for him. Maybe I was just stupid.

Despite my brain telling me to calm down, I continued to scowl. I couldn't stand him. I didn't care that he was angry or hurt. I cared about leaving this godforsaken place and finding a way to survive. He'd only made things more difficult for me. 

Samuel growled, and I whipped my gaze to his. "You know what? You're fucking impossible." 

I scoffed, though I noticed the dangerous change in tone. "I'm impossible? You're a deranged lunatic who thinks I'm going to magically fall in love with a dog."

Mistake number one. 

His eyes started turning shades, lightening to ruby by the second. I involuntarily stepped back, watching as his chest rose and fell erratically.

"You're done."

"What?" Those weren't the words I'd expected to come out of his mouth.

"You're done. I'm done. I've let you have your way for the past week in hopes that you'd drop your fucking attitude and act like an adult. I thought if I was nice enough and let you continue doing whatever the hell it is you do, you'd realize I'm not the enemy here. I guess I overestimated you."

Words wouldn't come to my mouth. I stared at him, suddenly terrified that I'd just ruined everything with a lost temper. 

He continued on. "You're quitting your damn job. Today. After that, you're moving in with me. I don't care about what you want because you know what? You don't know even what you want. You're just a fucking human. You don't even have enough goddamn sense to give a werewolf respect." By the time he was finished, his breathing was labored. I could tell he was hanging on by a thread. 

I bent my head, trying not to make the same mistake twice. I should have let this whole thing go. But, he'd thrown me off guard and I reacted before I thought it through. Now, everything was at stake. 

"Sorry."

It took everything I had to utter those two syllables. I gritted my teeth and bit my tongue, trying not to let his insults stick. I wanted nothing more than to scream at him and let him know what I really thought about his 'acts of kindness.' But if I was going to have a chance at leaving today, I had to fix this. The way things were headed, Samuel wouldn't let me leave his side again.

Samuel growled again. "No, you're not. Don't lie to me."

I stayed quiet. Anything I said was going to add gasoline to his fire. 

"Tell them you're quitting and it's your last day. I'm picking you up at six. If you're not outside then you better pray to your god there's no one around for me to kill." 

I flinched as he spun on his heels and started walking the opposite direction, watching until he disappeared. My heart was pounding in my ears, making it impossible to tell when he was truly gone. Tears stung at my eyes, but I didn't let them flow. Instead, I ignored what had just happened and finished the half block to work. If I had any hesitations about leaving, they were gone now. 

I walked into my restaurant, determined. It was time to finish this.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

5.4K 246 34
Running. Escaping. My whole life had turned into a never-ending chase. A chase which the opponent had caught up to THIS VERY MOMENT. After I met HI...
7.3M 280K 51
"Light up my darkness," he murmured against her bare flesh. His fingers trailed up her arm, leaving a blazing fire beneath them. His lips pressed sof...
100K 2.8K 49
(Highest ranking #1 in lust 💗💗💗) A man walked towards my mate as he called out to her. "Who's that" I whispered. "Oh that ..... that would be my h...
13.4M 367K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...