Late Night Talks ✔

By brainwrecked

HIGHEST RANK : #1 in Fiction and #9 in Teen Fiction A prank call gone wrong brings Vivian Castillo fac... More

aUthOR's noTe
chAptER oNE
chAPtEr tWo
chAptER thREE
cHapTeR foUR
chaPtER FiVe
ChApteR sIx
CHapTer SeVEn
cHApTer eiGht
ChaPTEr n!Ne
ChAPTer eLeveN
chApTer tWeLve
chAPTer Th!rtEEn
ChaPTer fOurtEEn
chApTEr f!FtEen
ChaPTEr s¡xteeN
chaptER SeVenTeeN
chAptEr e¡ghteEN
chAptER niÑeteEn
ChapTEr tWentY
chAPter tWenTy ønE
chaPTEr tWentY TwØ
chapTER TWeNty thrEe
ChApTer twEnty fOur
chaPter twenTY fIve
cHaPtEr TwEnTy sIx
ChaPTer tWentY sEvEN
chAPTer twENTy eiGHt
chaPTer twENty nIne
not an update
*summary so far* part 1
*summary so far* part 2
chAPter ThirtY
chAPteR ThiRTy oNE
cHAPter thIrty tWo
ChapTeR thirTy ThreE
cHAPteR Th!rtY foUr
chAPter th!RTy fIVe
ChapTER THiRTy Six
cHapter THiRTy SEvEn
ChAPTEr tHiRtY eiGHt
chAptER tHIRtY NinE
cHAPtEr fOrty
cHaPtEr foRtY onE
ChApter fOrtY twØ
cHaPTer fOrTy thRee
cHAptER fORtY FOur
cHApteR fOrtY fIVe
cHapTEr FOrty siX
ePiLOGuE
A FLING TO REMEMBER

chApTer tEn

41.2K 1.3K 331
By brainwrecked

A/N : Hey guys. I guess something's wrong with wattpad on my tablet. The chapters don't get updated properly. I type out everything, but the chapter still shows blank. I'm updating from my laptop now. Hope that solves the problem. Happy reading!

PLAYLIST : No Broken Hearts - Bebe Rexha ft. Nicki Minaj

     "That's a horrible thing to do. I don't know what to say," Tiffany said after I told her and Shayna about Suzy. Shayna's expression mirrored Tiffany's words.

     "I know right," I said dryly.

     I looked at Tiffany in the mirror, parting a section of her hair. The three of us were at Tiffany's house, helping her dye her hair.

     "You have a lot of drama in your life," Shayna said. "You need a break."

     "Yeah, well, half the drama is thanks to you," I took a dig at Shayna.

     "C'mon Viv, we promised not to bring it up again. We're not playing the blame game," Tiffany said.

     "Yeah, okay. I was just saying," I grumbled. "But I do have a lot of drama."

     "You need a boyfriend." Shayna opened the blue dye and the purple one and set it on the table. "You've been single for way too long."

     "I think you should go with blue," I told Tiffany and then turning to Shayna, "Doesn't a boyfriend equal more drama?"

     "But that's good drama," Shayna said in a sing song voice.

     "I beg to differ," I said mixing up more dye. "Blue?"

     "Yep. I'm doing it blue," Shayna said.

     "But I don't want it too bright," Tiffany said.

     "Don't worry. That's what we're here for," said Shayna and applied the dye on a section of Tiffany's hair.

     "Not every guy will pull a Cabe on you, Viv," Tiffany said. "Not even Cabe will pull a Cabe on you again."

     This piqued my interest. "What's that supposed to mean?"

     "Cabe asked about you," Tiffany explained. "I think he saw Suzy's picture and felt bad for what he made you go through. He wants to talk to you. And I think - I'm just guessing here okay, don't be mad. I think he wants you to date him again."

     I was surprised to hear that. Cabe never tried talking to me after our breakup. "Why didn't you say this before?"

     "I'm saying now," drawled Tiffany.

     "I don't care what he wants. Seeing that hideous pic, he must be thinking he broke me."

     "He did, didn't he?" Shayna asked.

     I threw her a look. "No, he didn't. That was a rush of emotions. I'm over him now and want nothing to do with him."

     "I don't think that's true. You haven't dated anyone since Cabe," Tiffany said while dyeing another strand of her hair.

     "I got busy with school!" I snapped. "If I'm not dating, it's got nothing to do with Cabe."

     I had no interest in Cabe. There was a time when I thought he was the perfect guy for me. Not anymore.

     "If you're not interested in anyone else, talk to Cabe. Just as friends. He wants to. You can get closure," Shayna said.

     "I don't need any closure," I said annoyed. "I'm okay with how things ended."

     "If you are really over him, you shouldn't have a problem talking to him," Shayna argued.

     "You know what? You're right," I admitted. "If he wants to talk, I'll talk. No big deal."

     The deal was that I was embarrassed of the fact that he saw me crying. That he thinks he had that hold over me, when in fact he didn't. This I only realized after I broke up with him.

     Since when did embarrassment become my constant emotion with everything I'm involved in? He must feel terrible seeing the pic. I feel silly now for crying. He wasn't as important to me as I thought he was.

     Since a long time, I had an image in my mind of the kind of guy I'd like to date. A tall, dark, handsome guy with a chiseled face, tousled hair and seductive eyes. I had a thing for football players, like every other girl. I imagined my dream guy to be a great football player and get good grades. The perfect guy who'd have the perfect looks, body and grades.

     Cabe was just like that. Tiffany set us up and when he asked me out, I was ecstatic. I immediately liked him. But then, he turned out to be someone else. When I think of it now, it makes me feel shallow. I refused to see what he was like beyond the good looks and personality. I didn't see him for what he was, the real him.

     Now I realize we weren't perfect for each other. He cheated because I wasn't what he was looking for. And he wasn't what I wanted too. I thought I loved him. Looking back now, I realize how different we were.

     I decided to talk to him and make it clear that the pic wasn't what it looked like.

     We successfully dyed Tiffany's hair and she put on a shower cap for it to develop. 

~~~

     Later that day in my room, I took out my cell and scrolled through the contacts searching for Cabe. I remembered I deleted his number when we broke up.

     I texted Tiffany for Cabe's number and when I got it, I texted him.

     I typed my name in case he deleted my number too.

     My cell rang right then. It was Cabe.

     I answered, "Hey." I kept my voice flat, not trying to sound excited nor bored.

     "Vivian! How are you?" I could almost imagine him beaming listening to his enthusiastic voice.

     "I'm good." I didn't add anything else. It was Cabe who wanted to talk, not me. I didn't want to make small talk. He was welcome to dive straight to the point.

     "Cool," he said. "It's been a while since we talked."

     "Yes, Cabe. We broke up, remember?"

     Why do I do that!

     There was a brief pause. "I'm sorry, Viv. I didn't realize how bad I hurt you. I saw the pic," he said, his voice soft.

     "That was long back, Cabe. You hurt me that day. But I got over it the very next day. It's cool."

     "I can't tell you how sorry I am. I want to make it up to you, Viv. Can we hangout sometime? Please don't refuse," he insisted.

     "You don't have to feel like you owe it to me, Cabe. It's all in the past, okay? No hard feelings."

     "You didn't refuse," he said hopefully.

     "I'm giving you a chance to take it back."

     "I don't want to."

     "Well, then, I'll have to refuse."

     "Haha, that was sleek. No, really. Just as friends. For old times' sake."

     "Seriously? Old times' sake?"

     "We can watch a movie."

     A movie would do no harm. And it's not like I still had feelings for him. And God, he could be persistent if he wanted to.

     "Alright," I exhaled deeply. "Because you're so persistent."

     "Great. Can I pick you up later today?"

     "Today? No, today's no good. I'm busy." Truth was, I had nothing else to do. But I didn't want to jump right in. It would make me look needy.

     He'd think I had no life without him being a part of it. That would make him pity me even more. And he'd offer more of those pity dates.

     That's what this movie date was - a pity date.

     "How about tomorrow?" he asked.

     "Yep, I can make it tomorrow. I'll choose the movie."

     "Perfect. I'll pick you up 7 o'clock."

     "Cool. Bye." I hung up.

     I agreed only because I wanted to show him that I'm doing great without a boyfriend, or more specifically, without him as a boyfriend.

     I hated that he felt sorry for me. That pic made me look so fragile and vulnerable. Tomorrow, I'd prove how wrong he was.

A/N : Thanks for reading! If you liked the chapter, please show it through your votes, comments and follow for more updates. It'd mean a lot to me :)

# Do you think Vivian should go out with Cabe?

Thank you so much aualee for reading and liking my book! This chapter's dedicated to you! <3
Her book My Bad Beau is a great read. Check it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 161K 55
"I missed having a little cas in my life." He smirked, letting his eyes show a little life. It was a sight to see and no words could do it justice. ...
491K 10.4K 66
Sabrina was an average Florida girl just trying to survive her senior year. Being best friends with the bad boy, Lucas- who happens to be her crush s...
882K 38K 48
Katherine Solace has been hurt, toyed with, lied to, and completely heartbroken by her first love. And what does she do about it, instead of crying o...
690K 19.7K 35
"I know that I can fuck up your whole life with one look. But I can't stop myself." ✰ ✰ ✰ Mia Rose...