DETERMINATION | Book One

By urbancreations

Works #1: Ahmad Hassan Sinclair, 25, was taught to always fight and work hard for what he wanted. In the life... More

T R A I L E R
D E T E R M I N A T I O N
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 32
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 38
C H A P T E R 39
C H A P T E R 40
C H A P T E R 41
C H A P T E R 42
C H A P T E R 43
C H A P T E R 44
C H A P T E R 45
E P I L O G U E
B O N U S C H A P T E R 1
B O N U S C H A P T E R 2
Thank you everybody!
New STORY Alert

C H A P T E R 15

60.3K 3.4K 2.5K
By urbancreations

C H A P T E R
F I F T E E N

Ahmad carried a sleeping Marquette in his arms as they walked up to Cali's front door. Unlocking the door she let them step in first as he walked up the stairs to put him in his room.

Laying him down in his bed, he took off his clothes along with his shoes throwing them in the hamper in his room then walked over to his drawer pulling out his bed clothes.

Once he dressed him without waking him up, he kissed his forehead tucking him in then stepped out being sure to turn on his night light so he wouldn't wake up crying.

Walking into Cali's room he saw her sitting at her vanity removing her make-up, "I'm finna head on out to this dinner." He told her adjusting his pants.

Sitting her make-up wipe down, she looked over at him. "Who is she to you?" She simply asked him.

"I told you she ain't nobody, will you just drop this shit.. damn,"

"If she's nobody then how did you know her name? And why tha fuck were you guys giving each other the I love you still eyes..you must think I'm one of these dumb bitches, giving me this simple ass lie like I don't what tha fuck is going on .. fuck you Ahmad, just when I thought you were different, then had the nerve to have the bitch at my job!? You low as fuck for that, now I look stupid.."

Frowning in disgust he scoffed, "More like I wanna choke tha fuck out of you eyes, Ion love that bitch and I ain't never said I thought you was one of these dumb bitches, I said the bitch ain't nobody cause she ain't, she a non-muthafuckin' factor and I wish you would shut tha fuck up and drop the shit!" He spat with venom in his voice. "And I am different, ain't no nigga out here like me so let's get this shit straight right now, you really getting mad over nothing so all the this hooting and hollering you doing is a waste of time."

"No I won't shut tha fuck up, but I know what you can do .. which is get the fuck out my house. You not finna play me like I'm some fool .. I sat there seen this shit with my eyes, its something there between you guys, I'm not stupid."

Rolling his eyes, he grabbed his keys and his bag leaving out her room. "Fuck this back and forth shit man, this is bullshit." Slamming the door behind him he jogged down her stairs irritated and pissed off.

He had no clue Chanel was gon' be there and yeah when he did see her he was lost for words but his first reaction was to cuss her ass out and choke the life out of her but he didn't he simply took Marquette to the back, but in Cali head she assumed something was up.

Chanel never clarified how they knew each other so she assumed she must've been a bitch he was fucking on the side and he just so happened to run into her since he was lying about who she was.

Cali just didn't want to be that female who ignored the signs and got played. She saw how Chanel looked at him and she didn't like it .. and for him not to admit what she was to him hurt her because she thought they were all being honest to each other.

When he reached her door he stood there for a second, debating on really leaving or going back to make shit right.

This was really their first argument and Ahmad honestly didn't like how he was feeling knowing she had an issue with him, he was used to the Cali loving on him and treating him like a king .. her yelling and telling him to get out had him feeling some type of way.

Dropping his pride and his bag he went back up the stairs to make shit right with his future.

Walking into her room, she smacked her lips as she was now undressed getting ready to put on her pajamas. "Why are you still here?" She asked annoyed slipping on her robe.

"Just hear me out alright? I'm not letting that bitch ruin my happiness no more, she's my ex an ex that broke me .. she's part of the reason I am the way I am, for years I ran out on females and did shit I had no business because I didn't trust y'all and I'm saying y'all cause I trusted no female. She showed me how evil bitches can be, so I became heartless and cared for no one but I care for you Cali .. I swear I do, Hell I might even love your ass whatever tha fuck that is .."

"The old me would've walked out that door and said fuck you and kept it pushing, cause that's what I'm used to doing but I can't and I won't, I like this new person I am becoming and I gotta thank you for that ..reason why I said she's a nobody because its true, that bitch is dead to me and I really thought I'd never see her again, what I really wanted to do was give her a piece of my mind for all the pain she caused but then I had to sit back and think .. if she never fucked me over, I'd probably still be with her and I would've never met you or little man .. Just within' a few months you changed me for the better, I even been thinking about going to counseling that's how much I'm willing to change for you, well shit for us."

"But I will admit just seeing her brought me back to that day when I caught her cheating with my bestfriend, but for now on I'm not letting her or anybody else have control over my emotions and moods,"

"and I apologize for blowing up, I could see why you'd be upset cause I wasn't giving you the answer you wanted but here it is now .. so all I wanna know is if we good or not?"

Cali stared at him for a second before sighing and going in for a hug. Soon as he said caught her fucking his bestfriend she connected the dots from when Chanel admitted to cheating on her ex.

Walking towards him she wrapped her arms around his torso, "I'm sorry," She mumbled into his chest as they stood there in the center of her bedroom.

With his arms wrapped tightly around her waist they stood in silence letting the their minds just run wild.

Cali drifted off to him admitting his love for her and smiled as she looked up at him to see him already staring. "Let's rewind to you saying you love me ..." She blushed.

Rolling his eyes playfully, he moved his arms from around her.. "I don't know if that's what I'm feeling or not, I just know you always on my mind and I want this to work between us but like I said before I really want to get mentally prepared for this, I'm close but its so much more obstacles before I can say I'm fully ready."

Touching his cheek she pecked his lips, "The fact that you're trying is what's making me love you more .. I'm willing to wait for you and of course I will be helping you along the way just talk to me, keep me updated on your emotions so I can know what to do .."

Nodding his head, he grabbed her face kissing her lips like a thousand times before he checked the time on his watch cursing under his breath. "Shit, the dinner in thirty minutes I gotta go." He mumbled.

Pulling out her embrace, he walked out her room with her right behind him to walk him out. Grabbing his bags he tossed them on the couch, "I'll be back over once its over .. leave the key under the mat?"

"Yeah,"

Kissing her lips, he walked out the door in a hurry quickly getting in his truck and pulling out.

-

Marcus and Anaya entered the restuarant spotting both their parents and Ahmad and Alisha. Walking over hand and hand, they both their seats with smiles on their faces. "Mommy, daddy .. this is Marcus the guy I've been telling you guys all about." She blushed leaning her head on his arm.

"Nice to you meet you son," Her dad spoke,

"Yes, it is a pleasure to finally put a face with a name .. and quite a handsome face might I add." She smiled warmly.

"Yeah right," Ahmad joked only to earn a kick to his leg from his mother.

"Well ma' and pops this my baby girl Anaya, Anaya these are my folks Ashley and Aaron."

"Nice to meet you sweetie,"

"Nice to meet you young lady, you guys look great together."

Shaking both their hands she sat back, both sharing a look they held a thumbs up under the table to each other. "So Marcus, what is it that you do for living?"

"Um well I work with my brother here at his tattoo shop as an tattoo artist," He spoke proudly.

"Oh really, I was real into tattoos when I was younger .. always wanted one."

Marcus smirked, "It ain't shit-, I mean it ain't nothing to come down and I'll hook you up."

Rubbing at his grey beard he smirked, "Doesn't sound like a bad idea but don't fuck up now." He said causing them all to erupt in laughter.

"Nah, never that trust me."

"Hmm, we'll see but tell me more about yourself even though Anaya pretty much told us everything, I'd like to hear it from your mouth."

"Well I am the only child .. my parents decided to not have anymore kids but I lowkey wished they did since when they died I had nobody but then my brother Ahmad and his parents here showed me that I did .. never made me feel less than, and loved me as if I were their own, I work hard and I love being the peace maker, I love hard and drawing is something I love to do hence why I became a tattoo artist, played football all through high school and college .. and I graduated with my bachelor's in Business and Management."

Her parents both nodded and smiled nodding in approval. "So far, I like you .. now let's take this up a notch .. what are your intentions with my baby girl here?"

"Well at first my intentions were just to smash her, I'ma be totally honest .. since thats the only way I know how to be, of course she swerved my ass but I like a challenge and she opened my eyes to a lot, she showed me she wasn't like these other girls and demanded respect and I loved that about her so when she finally gave me a chance I honestly felt like I won a prize cause it took so long but she was honestly worth chasing after, she's beautiful, caring and all around amazing .. I see myself being with her for years hence why I'm doing this dinner, I want you guys to see that I love your daughter just as much as she loves me if not more." He admitted.

Her parents shared a look before nodding and smiling in approval. "You got us, I like you son.. I really do, your parents may they rest in peace by the way, did one hell of a job."

"I appreciate it,"

Sitting back he sighed in relief, as Anaya nerves kinda went up when Ashley and Aaron cleared their throats to speak. "Um well Marcus is my baby and I love him very much .. you come off as a very sweet girl but of course as a mother you're gonna wanna grill the girl who has stolen her baby's heart .. so I want to know your intentions as well, and do you see yourself being with him for a while?"

Anaya cleared her throat, "My intentions with Marcus all come from the heart, he's literally been everything I could ever ask for in a man .. I love him.. a lot, and I want him to be the man I wake up to everyday, the man I go to sleep with, confide in the whole nine .. he's shown me the true defintion of what love really is and I'd never want to ruin what we have built so far.. he supports my fashion, he pitches ideas, even has helped me and Alisha with a few projects .. I've never met a man such as him and I honestly praise God for bringing him into my life so to answer your question .. I do see myself with him for a long time, cause it doesn't get better than this."

Grabbing her hand he kissed the back of it, Ahmad smiled widely truly happy for his boy.

Ashley nodded liking her answer, "I have no more questions .. you have any Aaron?"

Taking a sip of his lemonade, he sat up. "How did you two meet?"

"We first met at the mall .. I was out shopping for pieces with Alisha and he approached me but I brushed him off and we ran into each other a few more times but I eventually gave him my number when I saw him at the gas station cause I felt like it was fate that we kept running into each other .. your son is very presistant." She laughed causing them to do the same.

"Yeah he is, Ahmad you have anything to say?"

Wiping his mouth he nodded, "Just wanna say I'm happy for you man, you deserve this .. its good to see you find something real for once .. and thank God you can now eat somebody else groceries but on the real its just good to see you happy inside and out."

Slapping hands, Marcus thanked him. "You have something to say Alisha?"

Smiling, she flipped her hair being dramatic making them laugh. "Anaya you've been my sidekick since birth and I've seen you go through many heart breaks so its a breath of fresh air to finally see you be treated the way you deserved and to be loved .. you're one of the most caring people I know next to Cali and I've always looked up to you so to see you finally find that special one gives me hope that there is someone out their for me but um Marcus break my sister heart if you want, my fist and you gon' become bestfriends."

Laughing they all cheered to Anaya and Marcus. As Ahmad sat there he thought about introducing Cali to them, he was positive they would like her since they even picked up on his sudden act of changes so he knew his mother would love to meet the lady that helped him.

As the night went one both families made small talk getting to know one another, the vibe was amazing and Ahmad actually enjoyed himself.

Once the dinner was over Ahmad found himself back at Cali's using the key she left out to enter. Walking upstairs to her bedroom he stripped down to his boxers then got in bed behind her wrapping his arms around her placing a kiss on her shoulders.

Turning over a little she yawned, "How was it?"

"It was good, had me thinking about introducing you to my folks on the real."

Turning so she could face him he moved a little to give her room. "You want me to meet them?"

He nodded, "Of course, don't you want to the see the creators of my fine ass? You gotta give props to somebody for creating this master piece."

Laughing she hit his chest, "I'd love to meet them."

"Good, their thirty-five year anniversary party is coming up and I want to bring you and little man as my plus two."

"We're honored to go," She blushed even though they couldn't see each other due to it being pitch black they both could feel the vibes they both were giving off that let em know they both were happy.

Snuggling into him she rubbed her hand down his chest, "I would've never thought you and I would be here ... its crazy how life works and how fast it goes, one minute you're a stranger helping me get fish fry batter down to a man I can't go a day without seeing or talking too."

"You know before I met you .. I used to have these dreams about these eyes and in the eyes they showed my life from the past, present and future .. also in the dream I could see myself but I was always bruised up as if I got beat real bad but in the vision of my future it showed me with a woman but I could never see her face and I was still the same bruised up man but as time went by I was slowly starting to heal and I was still with this mystery woman but the crazy thing is .. when I saw you at that walmart your eyes matched the ones in my dream .. that was why I got lost in them .. the dream turned out to be true though because ever since I met you, I've gotten better."

Cali didn't know how to reply to that, she thought it was a little weird but yet amazing at the same time. She always felt they met for a reason but she never knew he was dreaming about her before hand.

Leaning up she pecked his lips a few times before he deepened it sliding his tongue in her mouth as his hands rested on her plump ass giving it a good grab.

As they laid their in that bad connecting on a whole nother level they both thought in their minds it was no place they'd rather be than in each other arms..

-

The ending of this book is nearing .. 😭

But i hope you guys enjoyed this update!
Thanks for the love & support
excuse any mistakes
- Denise 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 13.7K 49
Serenity P.o.v "Justin how could you ever do something so foul like that?" I asked him as I felt the burning sensation in my eyes. Here comes the wat...
5.7K 1.1K 33
Completed✔✔ Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim With the ups and the downs of this world, never fret never frown Allah know's. No matter what's inside or out...
23.4K 3.2K 43
"Just one look and I knew this guy was going to be the one to break all my barriers. I'm 26years and I've never dated before. I was always hesitant a...
605K 20.1K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...