Under The Stars

By bbtashae

(HGXSS) It all starts with a Detention occupied by Severus Snape himself. Hermione and Severus grow close ove... More

Detention
Slow Dance
Misconception
Horrors of the Past
Dark Mark
Growing So Close
Heal Me
Suspicions
Mistaken Identity
More Secrets
Countdown
Damage Control
Never Give Up
Don't Forget Me
New Found Acquaintance
Author S
Dans Le Noir
An Awakening Spirit
Let Me Help You
Love Me Again
Out In The Open
Innocent Or Guilty?
A Drunken Duel
Forgiveness
A Christmas Surprise
Epilouge

To Good To Be True

6.5K 150 31
By bbtashae

Chapter 6

"Miss Granger?... Are you here to ask about the homework assignment?" Severus asked whilst noticing there was still a few Slytherins 5th years packing up. As Hermione waited behind after class.

Not long after that, they were finally alone. Once they knew for definite that no one would burst in. Severus walked over to the girl and kissed her on the lips. As he had been waiting all lesson to do.

Severus continued to kiss the girl softly. "Do you have plans this weekend?" Hermione asked, holding him back slightly to his annoyance.

"I really think we should talk about the homework assignment" Severus now moved away from her, avoiding the question.

"How would you feel about joining me on a stroll in the forbidden forest?" Hermione moved closer to him. She was looking down at his desk whilst her finger traced the wooden edge. Avoiding his eye contact, too scared to know the answer.

"Do you really think that's wise? Being seen together inside Hogwarts grounds?"

Hermione released the breath she held in, sighing deeply. Already knowing his answer before she asked. "Okay fine. it's a bad idea."

She thought of another idea, desperately wanting to spend time with him. "What if we stayed here? I could leave dinner early. Tell Harry and Ron I'm studying in the library" Hermione suggested, placing her hand next to his on his desk. Entwining her little finger with his.

"Maybe you should... go to the library." Severus voice grew gentler. Observing their entwined fingers and making devious eye contact.

"Why would I want to do that?" Hermione playfully asked. Moving nearer to the man. She knew this was all hypothetical and he didn't mean his words.

"So your classmates don't suspect you've lost interest in your studies." Severus' thumb rubbed soothingly against her bony index finger, causing a desire they both wanted to meet.

Hermione gazed into her professor's eyes, longing to feel his aged skin. "Too late..." She bit her wickedly. Tempting him to take her in his desk at this moment.

Before Severus could act, his 1st year class burst through the door. Disconnecting their desired gazes for one another. Hermione stepped back rapidly and began to walk off.

"So are we clear on the homework assignment, Miss Granger?" Severus taunted across the classroom, acknowledging her over the heads of his first years.

"Yes, sir." Hermione replied with a smile before closing the door behind her.

Hermione went on with her day as normal. Accompanying Ron and Harry at dinner in the great hall, and every now and then exchanging looks with the stern potions master situated across the room. She was finally happy. Her relationship with Severus was growing moderately in time. On top of her blossoming love affair, Hermione had Umbridge to deal with and her Owls prepare for.

That night Hermione got her head down in transfiguration books and started to revise for her exams, that would shortly be arriving. She got that caught up in her studying that she didn't realise, the Gryffindor common room was now empty.

Hermione called it a night and took her books up to bed. What she didn't expect was to find an owl waiting for her. She discarded the books on her nightstand, sat on top of her neatly made bed and held the letter warily. Who would be sending an owl to her at this time of night?

She opened the envelope carefully. Once she unfolded the paper, she began to read. As her eyes scanned over each inked word, her heart dropped and the inside of her mouth dried in disbelief.

She comprehended her mother's letter once more, before coming to terms with the news.

Hermione flashed over at her muggle alarm clock that blinked 11:08 pm. She gathered up her thoughts once more and exited the quiet setting.

Hermione wondered out of the common room and too the dungeon's. Not caring who saw her as her mind was running wild. Her feet lead her to the outside of Severus' door. She gave a small knock, unware of his awakening presence.

The door to Severus' room opened ajar and he peeked out of it curiously. Once he noticed who stood there, his door flung open wider. He observed her for a second, until she talked.

"Can I come in?" Her voiced low and cracked

She was too upset to notice his irritation.

"Miss Granger. I don't think that a good idea. Do you realise what time it is?"

Severus was about to rage at the girl for waking him up, until he observed her tear stained cheeks and red puffy face. His heart fell at the sight of it and re thought his actions.

"I'm sorry, it was a mistake coming here... I had nowhere else to go. I'll see you tomorrow" Hermione was about to walk off as he caught her hand pulled her inside. He glanced down the hallway in both directions. After he checked that the coast was clear, he shut the door.

Hermione had taken a seat on his couch overlooking the fire. She sat with her head low and sobs escaping her mouth. Severus poured her a cup of pumpkin juice. Placing it on the table next to her as he sat beside the girl.

As soon as Severus sat down, Hermione let out a cry and tears poured down her cheeks. Snape wasn't so good with social interactions like this. All's he could do was try and comfort her the best way he can, without letting his emotions run free.

He gently risen a hand to her back and rubbed it soothingly. He wouldn't pressure her into telling him her problems, until she was ready. So the couple sat there for a few moment as Hermione calmed down.

"Everything's fine. its just- "Hermione finally spoke but couldn't bring herself to finish. Severus brushed the strands out of her face and looked for her eyes. Telling the girl, the take her time.

"My parents might be getting a divorce." Hermione blurted out, lowering her head to Severus chest.

Severus wrapped a protective arm around her, while the other rubbed his tired eyes. He wanted to approach the sensitive topic with caution. Too tired to argue if it got out of hand and he stepped over the line again. Like he did in his letter.

"It's not the end of the world." Severus spoke low.

Hermione removed herself from the embrace and frowned at him. "My family will be spilt a part."

Severus held his hands up defensively, before he cleared his throat and spoke once more. "Hermione. As it ever occurred to you, maybe your parents may just need some time apart to work things out? As it is there problem to fix, not yours."

"I'm not trying to fix it; I'm trying to deal with it." Hermione increasingly got annoyed.

"But they should be the ones to deal with it, like adults." As soon as the words left his mouth he regretted it.

Hermione took it completely the wrong way and overreacted. "Like adults? like I'm not mature enough to deal with this?"

"No I didn't mean that." Severus tried to calm her down once more by reaching for her hand. Hermione stood up and looked down at her teacher.

"Yeah I think that's exactly what you meant. You said I am a child and that I should mind my own business."

Severus looked up at the girl before silently agreeing with her. There was no point trying to calm her down as she was nearly out the door. Severus stood as well as she crossed the room.

Hermione turned around and gave him one last look. "I think I made a mistake coming here... it's not something an adult would have done." She slammed the door behind her, leaving Severus to grit his teeth in annoyance. What did she expect? She was the one who came here about her parents. All's Severus did was express his opinion. They both went to bed anger and distressed.

It didn't help that Hermione had Potions the very first thing in the morning. When the dungeons door opened and the fifth years took their usual seats. Hermione tried so hard not to look at the potions master standing across the room. Her eyes moved on their own.

As the class progressed, Neville had trouble with his potion. She watched him cautiously for half an hour, as he poured the wrong ingredients in his cauldron. The last ingredient he added for the healing potion was dragon heartstring. This could easily cause an explosion as wide as Hogwarts, if it was mixed with the hot liquid.

"Neville..." She muttered under her breath, trying not to draw attention to herself. But Neville didn't hear her over the vigorous bubbling of his potion.

"Neville!" He finally turned his head at her direction, just before he dropped the dragon heartstring in the steaming cauldron.

"What is it Hermione?" Neville asked, looking over at her.

"Don't put the heartstring in now! You'll have to wait until the mixture is cold enough, you could have killed us all!" Just as she finished her sentence, a cold voice pierced the air. Causing Hermione to jump out of her skin.

"Perhaps Miss Granger here believes she is the only person in this room. Have you finished with your potion Granger?" Snape hissed at her. Hermione's cheeks were now a bright shade of red.

"Sir. I just wanted to help Neville-" She stubbornly stated.

"Of course! Miss Granger is the only capable student in here! Am I right?" His right eyebrow shot up. As he started down at her.

"Sir Hermione's telling the truth, I could have killed us all if she didn't-"Neville tried to explain.

"Did I give you permission to talk, Mr Longbottom?" Severus snarled still glaring at Hermione.

"No sir."

"Sir will all due respect, I didn't mean-" Hermione tried to support her argument, but he cut her short.

"Bottle your potion, Miss Granger. Bring it to my desk. Such a know it all as yourself should have a perfect brewed healing potion by now." Severus demanded, burning a hole in the back of her neck, with his bitter stare.

Her temper was rising higher and higher; she couldn't stop herself.

"I fail to see the reason for you being such an arse Professor!"

The whole class went quiet. Hermione stood staring at Severus. He gave Hermione a murderous look as she gulped in fear.

"Get. Out. Of my. Classroom. This Instant." He chewed his words trying not to curse her into oblivion.

She quickly packed her things and left the classroom, realising her huge mistake.

The trio sat in the great hall for dinner. Hermione couldn't bring herself to eat, she was still infuriated. Harry and Ron tried to comfort her by calling him a greasy old git and other nicknames he was infamously known for at Hogwarts. She just pitted him for being so messed up without knowing the reason why.

Something had to be done. She couldn't just sit around and wait for nothing. He certainly wasn't going to fix this. It was always down to her.

As soon as everyone in the Gryffindor common room that night was occupied with their own things. She excused herself to go to the library, but ended up taking a detour to the dungeons.

The teenager found herself face to face with her teacher's chamber door once again. She knocked furiously. Her heart pounded as she heard him move inside. She waited as she tapped her left foot and folded her arms across her chest. As the door unlocked, Hermione barged in to the room uninvited.

"I have never been so embarrassed in my life. First you complain about me being immature and then you act that way in class. Where you trying to teach me some kind of lesson? Because I definitely don't need that from you." Hermione breathed from her rant, finally looking up at him.

"Finished?" Severus stood astounded, looking at her. Hermione nodded in reply, unsure of what he was about to do.

The man walked over to Hermione seductively. He lowered his head to kiss her, but she turned her head away from his desirable lips. "What are you doing?"

"What you've been thinking about, Miss Granger. Since I opened that door." He reached up to cup the side of her neck as he stood closer to her form.

Hermione couldn't resist temptation no more. She pressed her body with his, feeling his structure against her. Their mouths brushed his excitedly. As Severus bent down still kissing the women before him.

He placed a firm grip on her behind and hoisted her up to his torso. Hermione keenly wrapped her legs around the man's waist, whilst he supported the weight of her body. Severus walked across the room and placed Hermione down on his clear study desk. They broke connect for a moment as they regained their breath and hungrily continued.

Severus freely ran his hands over Hermione's toned structure, as she did the same. They prolonged this scene until a rapid knock was heard. The couple parted, with wide eyed expressions. They stayed completely still for a moment until a knock was repeated.

Severus quickly pulled Hermione from the desk and ushered her into his bathroom, asking her to be completely quiet as he answered the door. Once he patted down his clothes and straighten himself out, he answered the door. Hermione peeked through the thin slit of the bathroom door and watched Severus chatting to unknown person. It didn't last long as he dealt with his visitor and shut the door, making his way over to the bathroom. She stepped back and looked at him for acknowledgment as he entered.

"I have to go." Severus freed Hermione before hurrying back into his room and grabbed his robe.

"Why? What's happened?" She asked curiously. Lucky if she could now get two words out of him, as he rushed around his room.

Once he was finished what he was doing and ready to go. He answered her question. "I can't explain at the moment, please leave 2 minutes after me. I'm sorry" He kissed the top of her head before departing. Leaving Hermione alone speechless.

The next day Hermione walked to breakfast by herself. She stumbled upon Ron eating by alone and her mind wondered to where Harry was. The girl asked her question and got the reply she wasn't expecting.

"Where's Harry?" Hermione asked, as she sat opposite her friend.

"He's been up all night with Snape. Having occlumecy lessons." Ron explained between chews of his breakfast. He explained more about what happened to his father at the ministry and Hermione caught up on all the gossip she needed.

Hermione glanced up to the high table and noticed Severus was nowhere to be seen. Now the dots from last night connected. It wasn't an excuse to get rid of her or anything she stupidly thought. He was simply on call for Harrys assistance.

At least their relationship was on good terms and it was only a week until they break up for Christmas holidays.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 778 17
ADDICTED TO LOVE ━━ ❝ severus is dreading the presence of his students. he is glad the war is over and that all of his annoying 7th year students wil...
22.5K 711 50
Severus Snape: Most students hate him. He is not liked by lots of people. People refer to him as a bully. People describe him as mean, cruel, ugly, c...
153K 4K 20
(Y/n) (Y/l/n). A 5th year Hogwarts student. 16 years old. A Gryffindor and a muggle-born. Very kind, very nice, and very very lonely. Severus Snape...