There's a Thin Line Between L...

By brxanna

Jesse has never been great with words, especially when it came to the girl who stole his heart the second the... More

Jesse's POV (1)
Jesse's POV (2)
Jesse's POV (3)
Jesse's POV (4)
Jesse's POV (5)
Jesse's POV (6)
Jesse's POV (8)
Jesse's POV (9)
Jesse's POV (10)
Jesse's POV (11)
Jesse's POV (12)
Jesse's POV (13)
Jesse's POV (14)
Jesse's POV (15)
Jesse's POV (16)
Jesse's POV (18)
Jesse's POV (19)
Jesse's POV (20)
Jesse's POV (21)
Jesse's POV (22)
Jesse's POV (23)
Jesse's POV (24)
Jesse's POV (25)
Jesse's POV (26)
Jesse's POV (27)
Jesse's POV (28)
Jesse's POV (29)
Jesse's POV (30)
Jesse's POV (31)
Jesse's POV (32)
Jesse's POV (33)
Jesse's POV (34)
Jesse's POV (35)
Jesse's POV (36)
Jesse's POV (37)
Jesse's POV (38)
Jesse's POV (42)
Jesse's POV (43)
Jesse's POV (44)
Jesse's POV (45)
Jesse's POV (Epilogue)

Jesse's POV (7)

10.8K 354 42
By brxanna

I didn't understand what Jordan ever saw in Dallas. He was always rude to her and treated her like she was a child. Even I treated her better than Dallas had. I wouldn't take a girl to prom and ditch her for my ex-girlfriend.

Today was the day we'd go to get our class schedules, and I hoped I'd see Jordan beforehand. I made my way over to Matthew when I saw Jordan getting her schedule. I stood behind her, waiting for her to turn around and see me.

"Why, Miss Emery, great to see you again. Here's your schedule right here, and I hope you're happy with the classes you were assigned," Matthew said to Jordan. She nodded and took her schedule. Before she even looked down, Matthew turned to me and said, "Mr. Jacobsen! So nice to see you today! Here's your schedule!"

Jordan looked down, so I wouldn't see her face as she ran away from me. She was avoiding me. I took my schedule and looked at all my classes. Nothing new or extremely different. I looked around for Jordan and I found her standing next to AJ, who was laughing so hard she was turning red. Neither of them noticed me as I started getting closer from behind.

"It's not funny," I heard Jordan say to her friend. "I'm gonna kill myself if I get on a dirt bike."

That was my time to interrupt. Say how I had the class as well. Instead, I was cut off by AJ saying, "I'm sure you'll learn, Jordan! Someone will teach you! Maybe if you're lucky, Dallas will be supervising the same class along with the teacher and he'll help you!"

At the mention of Dallas, I grimaced. I didn't want to be thinking about him right now. Judging by her expression, neither did Jordan.

"So you have dirt biking for an elective, too, Emery?" I said from behind her. Jordan jumped, turning towards me with wide eyes. Once she saw it was me, her wide eyes turned to a harsh glare. She didn't say a word, and I knew it was because she was still trying to ignore me.

"What period do you have it?" She asked, forgetting about how badly she tried to ignore me.

"Seventh period."

Her face dropped as I looked over her shoulder to her schedule. I smirked as I saw we had more classes together as well. "It looks like we have gym and chemistry together, too, Emery! Isn't that just wonderful?"

Her teeth clenched and her friend spoke again. "I have gym with you Jordan."

"Ha ha, everyone in our cabin has gym together! Isn't this going to be fun?"

She shot me a look. "Not really."

"Love you too, Emery."

"Jesse, did I hear that you have dirt biking for your seventh period?" A high-pitched, flirty voice said causing Jordan's eye to twitch and AJ to freeze completely. Aimee walked up to me and clutched on to my arm. "I have that class, too! And I have gym your period as well!"

Aimee didn't look over to her old friends, and I wasn't comfortable with her being this close to me. She continued to smile at me, making Jordan roll her eyes. Well someone wasn't happy...

"You do? That's great," I smiled back. Jordan turned towards AJ and made a gagging noise. Aimee glared at her, surprising both Jordan and AJ.

"Jordan, don't you have somewhere to be?" she asked bitterly, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Not really," Jordan shrugged, making me smirk. Aimee narrowed her eyes further, and Jordan kept her face blank. This wasn't looking too good.

"Don't you want to go make out with Dallas or something? He's here, you're here, and you used to always talk about how much you wanted to kiss him," Aimee sneered, and I felt my body stiffen. Jordan's cheeks turned bright red in embarrassment. If her and Aimee used to be friends, I'm sure they told each other everything.

"Jesse, are you okay? You got really stiff," Aimee pointed out as she rubbed my arm. Jordan looked up at me, and I hoped the expression on my face was neutral. I could never be too sure about my facial expressions.

"I'm fine," I said, shrugging. My eyes stayed locked with Jordan's.

"Hey, Jordan, can I talk to you?" A voice said from behind us. I tore my gaze away to look up and see Dallas. My eyebrows furrowed in anger as Jordan froze in place.

"Um... uh..." She sputtered, not knowing what to say.

"Of course you can!" a new voice said, and I turned my head to see Lexi shoving Jordan toward him. Jordan ran into Dallas' shoulder as he pulled her away. I wanted to pull away, but I couldn't just go chasing after her with two of her friends watching me. It'd be too obvious.

"Jordan!" I called out, without meaning to. Lexi furrowed her eyebrows and I brushed it off like it was nothing.

"Aw," Lexi crossed her arms. "Is Jesse jealous of Dallas?"

I rolled my eyes and pulled my arm out of Aimee's grasp. "I have to go."

None of them said anything else as I tried finding out where Dallas and Jordan would've gone. Just as I thought I lost them, I saw Jordan walking inside Cabin B. Opening the door, I saw Dallas holding Jordan, his lips pressed against hers. My voice caught in my throat as I stared in shock. I couldn't take my eyes away.

It was only a second later when Dallas pulled apart and rested his forehead on hers. "Please tell me you're not actually going out with Jesse."

"Actually, she is. So I suggest that you take your hands off my girl."

My girl. The words played in my head.

Jordan jumped and Dallas took a step back. I was so pissed that I'm sure I could've killed Dallas. Right then. I turned to Jordan and saw her eyebrows furrow.

Dallas raised his hands and said, "Sorry, dude. I was just making sure."

"Making sure by kissing her?" I glared harshly, grabbing ahold of Jordan's wrist and pulling her closer to me. Dallas looked at Jordan and Jordan returned the look. This day has been hurtful and awkward, and I wish it just hadn't happened.

"And, according to the handbook, romantic relationships between a student and a counselor are prohibited," I snapped, remembering the rule I looked up earlier.

Dallas left without another word, leaving me to hold Jordan. She hadn't pushed me away yet, so that was a good sign. But, I spoke too soon when she pushed my arms away and glared at me.

"Why did you do that?" She spat, tears forming in her eyes. When would she realize Dallas was not a nice person?

"Do you really expect him to be your knight in shining armor again after what he did to you?" My eyebrows furrowed. "You shouldn't forgive him after he ditched you!"

"Why do you care?" Jordan snapped. "Don't you like it when I get hurt? Don't you like seeing me cry, or seeing me angry or upset? Shouldn't you be happy that Dallas is back so I can relive every painful memory I have of rejection and unrequited love? You don't even know what it feels like!"

I stared down at her, stepping so close our faces were almost touching.

"I know exactly what rejection and unrequited love feels like, Emery. And the person I care most about, the person I love, hasn't ever kissed me. So I wouldn't say that you've gotten rejected, or that it's unrequited love anymore. I'm the only one who has that," I swallowed the lump in my throat. Maybe this time, she'd finally realize what I meant. She'd finally realize who I've meant this entire time.

Jordan's eyes widened, like she knew who I was speaking of. "Maybe you should just tell her how you feel. You'll never know if you don't tell her, Jacobsen."

I took a few steps back, making her take a few steps forward. "I already know how she feels about me," I laughed without humor.

"Oh, really?" Jordan pressed on. "And how does she feel about you?"

"She hates me," I muttered.

Jordan took a step back in surprise, and my eyes widened when I realized what I said. Did I sound upset or angry when I said that? I couldn't remember.

I was pushing my luck, telling her this. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it out of this situation without her figuring something out. It made me think about how she'd react if I actually told her. Hopefully, she'd take it better than I'd expect her to.

"Do you love her?" Jordan asked me now, and I was beginning to feel more and more timid with each word.

"Yes," I turned away from her. It was weird talking about her when she was right in front of me.

"Well... maybe you should just tell her," Jordan suggested, sounding caring. She sounded like she was trying to help me with my girl troubles. I should've kept my mouth shut. But, now I went too far. She knew something. I couldn't back down now.

"Maybe you're right," I said softly, grabbing her hands and pulling her closer. I pulled her to my chest, expecting her to look up at me with a smile. If she knew, and she was encouraging me to tell her, she could possibly feel the same way. Possibly.

Jordan turned bright red and looked up at me in surprise, and that's when I figured out she didn't think I was talking about her. She actually thought I was thinking of someone else. How could someone be this clueless?

Now, how the hell was I supposed to get out of this?

I'd gone too far to step back and shout 'just kidding' without letting Jordan know something was up, so I figured I'd do what she'd expect me to do. "I love you, Jordan."

I snorted and let go of her before I could watch her pass out from shock. If she thought I was playing a prank on her, she wouldn't care about what I said or how I looked, because she'd think I was lying. It was the perfect escape route.

I watched as Jordan's cheeks turned bright red and I started laughing. She looked ashamed, like she couldn't believe she bought every word I had said to her.

"Jerk," she spat, pushing me aside and leaving my cabin. I stopped the fake laughter as soon as she left. I wanted to tell her how I felt, I really did. But, if she found out about my past, she'd never forgive me. Not to mention the fact she's completely clueless. She wouldn't understand my feelings for her if I spelled it out for her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 1K 28
ARI ANDERSON declared hate to be a strong word at a young age, a word that she only used for two people. Jayden Moore, her childhood bully, and Jorda...
170K 3.3K 25
There is a very thin line between hate and love Lauren gip
17.9K 554 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...
211K 9.5K 41
Raegan Hunter is complicated. She's been through the worst. She has layers. She's terrified of uncertainty and change and she's made a habit in avoi...