There's a Thin Line Between L...

By brxanna

Jesse has never been great with words, especially when it came to the girl who stole his heart the second the... More

Jesse's POV (1)
Jesse's POV (2)
Jesse's POV (3)
Jesse's POV (5)
Jesse's POV (6)
Jesse's POV (7)
Jesse's POV (8)
Jesse's POV (9)
Jesse's POV (10)
Jesse's POV (11)
Jesse's POV (12)
Jesse's POV (13)
Jesse's POV (14)
Jesse's POV (15)
Jesse's POV (16)
Jesse's POV (18)
Jesse's POV (19)
Jesse's POV (20)
Jesse's POV (21)
Jesse's POV (22)
Jesse's POV (23)
Jesse's POV (24)
Jesse's POV (25)
Jesse's POV (26)
Jesse's POV (27)
Jesse's POV (28)
Jesse's POV (29)
Jesse's POV (30)
Jesse's POV (31)
Jesse's POV (32)
Jesse's POV (33)
Jesse's POV (34)
Jesse's POV (35)
Jesse's POV (36)
Jesse's POV (37)
Jesse's POV (38)
Jesse's POV (42)
Jesse's POV (43)
Jesse's POV (44)
Jesse's POV (45)
Jesse's POV (Epilogue)

Jesse's POV (4)

12.3K 396 20
By brxanna

Jordan fell asleep the first hour, and I had to restrain from putting a blanket or something on her. I really wanted her to beg me to talk. We still had another six hours of flying, and I was bored out of my mind. When she finally woke up, I knew she was uncomfortable. She wanted me to talk.

I almost thought about giving up, but I kept my mouth shut. Jordan would have to talk to me herself.

Jordan started bouncing her knees up and down. She'd do anything to get me to speak with her. I wasn't about to give in that quickly. I kept looking straight ahead, pretending I hadn't even noticed she woke up. Her knees continued to bounce, and I kept waiting for the second she'd crack.

"Alright, that's it!" She screamed, grabbing the attention of people around us. I didn't know it'd be soon, but I'm glad she finally decided to talk. "Talk to me, Jesse! I'm bored out of my mind, and I want you to talk to me. So talk!"

I acted like she wasn't bothering me, when I really wanted to just turn toward her. Her face dropped when she realized I was ignoring her. Her hands wrapped around my arm and she pulled.

"Jesse!" She cried. "Will you just talk to me? Please? I'm bored, and I want you to talk to me! Please?"

My posture remained the same.

"Please, Jesse?" Jordan whined, leaning over to me and putting her head on my shoulder. My eyes widened and she wrapped her arms around mine. Why did she want my attention so badly when she never did before?

She was so close to me, I could hear her breathing. My body tensed and I noticed her smiling. "Will you talk to me now?" Jordan asked, holding onto my arm even tighter. I was expecting her to look surprised that I hadn't shoved her away yet, but I wasn't ready to let her go.

"I'll only talk to you if-" I began, not believing I was actually saying this. I muttered the next part, hoping she didn't hear. "If you stay the way you are right now."

She lifted her head, and I didn't dare look at her face. What if she had heard?

"What?" Jordan asked, looking directly at me. She hadn't taken her arms off of mine, yet, but I'm sure she was going to soon. "What did you say?"

"Nothing, get off me," I pulled my arm out of hers and pushed her away slightly. She smiled up at me, just because I gave her the reaction she wanted.

"Well, at least you finally talked to me," her smile grew bigger. "I was starting to go crazy over here."

"Starting?" I smirked, looking down at her. "You're long gone from there, sweetie."

Jordan's smile dropped and her eyebrows furrowed. She regretted getting me to talk already. "I was wrong," she pouted, turning away from me and crossing her arms. "It's better when you're quiet and not making your stupid comments."

"Oh, come on, Jordy. You wanted me to talk to you," I teased, using the nickname she hated more than anything. It was given to her by Dallas, and I knew how annoyed she became when he was brought up.

She liked him a lot, and I told him how Jordan felt from jealousy. I was hoping she'd get rejected and it would make her get over him, but it didn't. Dallas asked Jordan to his prom, but ditched her for his ex-girlfriend.

I actually thought I had a chance with Jordan, but she's hated me ever since.

My head rested on her shoulder and I placed my hand around her arm the same way she did. "Well, I made a mistake!"

"No you didn't! Admit it, Emery!" You secretly love me and you always have!" I snuggled into her arm, not wanting to pull away.

"People are starting to stare! Get off me!" Jordan squawked. She didn't deny it...

"Come on, Jordy," I whispered in her ear, calling her by the nickname again. She tensed up, and I hoped she wasn't thinking about that bastard anymore. He was never good enough for her, I just wished she saw it before she was hurt.

"Jordy," I continued to say, teasing her further. Jordan was getting annoyed and she looked like she was going to hit me.

"That's it," she snapped, pushing me away. I didn't want to let go. "I'm spending the rest of the flight in the bathroom to get away from you."

Jordan stood up, passing me as quickly as she could. I tried tripping her, so she'd fall against me, but it didn't work. Before she could shut the door, I called out, "Wait, Jordy, let me join you!"

She slammed the door as hard as she could, making me smirk, and her friend behind us laugh.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After everyone was off the plane, we found our way to the camp. I don't think anyone was too excited about being here. I saw Jordan holding her bags next to a few girls. One of them I recognized, because she kissed me back when we were freshmen. Aimee Dennett. Her and Jordan began hating each other a few months ago because Aimee slept with someone or something. I don't remember much of it.

As I walked closer, I heard their conversation and noticed how annoyed Jordan looked to be there.

"Because it is a camp, Aimee," I heard one of the other girls say.

"Well, I don't like it-" The redhead began, but stopped when she tripped over a small rock. Out of instinct, I dropped everything in my hands and caught her before she could hit the ground. She looked up at me and giggled while I looked at her in confusion.

"Why, thank you," Aimee giggled again and placed a hand on my chest. Jordan looked annoyed and I'd let myself think she was jealous. I was sure it was just because her and Aimee used to be friends. I helped Aimee stand up and began picking up my fallen luggage.

"No problem. Just be careful where you step next time," I shrugged. It wasn't a big deal, really. After I finished picking up everything, I turned toward Jordan. She was watching all the students walk back and forth to get to their next classes. This was a school to begin with.

She hadn't noticed me yet, so I walked over to her left and knocked into her after saying, "You look excited."

Her luggage tumbled to the ground, earning me a glare. I wouldn't expect anything different. As she was picking up her bags, a boy came over and started helping her. I didn't like how close his hand was to hers, but there wasn't much I could do. When their hands brushed and Jordan looked up, I felt my breath catch in my throat.

The boy held her bag up for her and smiled. "Jordan, is that you?" He asked her.

So he already knew her?

Jordan smiled and I felt my face started to turn red from anger. Did they date or something? Was he a boyfriend I didn't know about before?

"Yeah, it is!" Jordan confirmed, placing a hand on her chest. "Ryan, it's been forever since I saw you last! Oh, my gosh!"

She jumped up and hugged him, and I couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Why wasn't it me she was hugging as tight as she could?

"I haven't see you since second grade! You look so different!"

"It's been ten years," I interrupted their conversation from behind. Jordan turned around and glared for a second, only to turn back to Ryan and smile again.

"Oh, let me introduce you to my friends," Jordan turned to the three girls that stood beside her. I wasn't paying much attention to the introductions as I kept a firm glare pointed toward the boy who stood beside her.

When Ryan turned around to face me, I acted like I wasn't just imagining me shoving him to the ground just so he'd be away from Jordan. "And who's this?"

"That's Jesse," Jordan dismissed, like I wasn't worthy to have an actual introduction. "He's my e-"

"He's her boyfriend!" One of her friends giggled, jumping between Jordan and Ryan. I couldn't have been more thankful for her right then. They finally separated. "His name's Jesse Jacobsen, and he's going out with Jordan!"

I should've confirmed it, maybe then he'd at least keep his distance. But Jordan spoke before I had the chance.

"Chelsea!" She snapped, glaring at her. "I am not! Don't lie!"

Ryan looked confused as he watched the girls bicker.

"Sorry, Jord. I just couldn't resist. The look on your face was just so hilarious..."

Jordan rolled her eyes and turned back toward her old friend.

"Why, hello, new students!" A new voice said, capturing the attention of everyone there. "I'm camp counselor Matthew, it's great to meet you all!"

I'm sure it was.

Everyone continued to just stand around, confused looks on their faces. Was something else supposed to happen? Students of the camp started to look at us now, making some of them stiffen up.

"It's great to have you guys apart of Camp Kingston!" Matthew continued, clapping his hands together. He brought us inside the camp itself, and I took in the surrounding of my home for the next few months.

"Some of you will be getting brand new cabins, and some of you will be living with the current students. You all have a counselor for each cabin that you have to check in with whenever you leave the cabin after eight o'clock, and you have to make sure to check with them when you come back, which should be before curfew, which is midnight," Matthew told us quickly, and I hoped I heard all the important parts. "There are eight people in each cabin, and some of them aren't full yet. Of course, boys will be living with boys and girls will be living with girls-" A few boys groaned, interrupting his speech. "Now, I have the list right here, and I'll be reading off your names and telling you what cabins you will be living in."

Matthew pulled out a list, and I realized there wasn't anyone I really wanted to share a cabin with. Besides Jordan, of course, but I knew we couldn't. I didn't really have any close friends. I had the three guys I played pranks with, but that was it.

"Sharing with current students in cabin A: Aimee Dennett, Alexandira Quirk, Elizabeth Downy, and Chastity Renolds. Sharing with current students in Cabin B: Danny Wilkins, Max Ferr, Jesse Jacobsen, and Matt Phipps..."

The second I heard my name, I stood up straight and began walking towards the cabin with my luggage. I took one last look behind me to see Jordan talking to Ryan again. They were close, and I didn't like it at all. When I noticed Ryan coming towards me, I thought he'd ask me something or talk to me about Jordan.

Instead, he passed me and made his way to the cabin I was heading to. After I walked up the porch and opened the door, I set down all my bags next to an empty bed which was by a window. Looking out of it, I saw another cabin just next to ours. A dark-haired girl just happened to be looking out her window the exact same time I was.

But as Jordan frowned, I smiled brightly. This might not be so bad after all.

A few people from my cabin tried talking to me, but all I wanted to do was lie down. Our camp counsellor wasn't here yet, and I hoped he was an cool person. Chances are, I'd be after curfew a few times from pranking Jordan, and I'd hope he'd be okay with that.

When the door to the cabin opened someone I hadn't seen in awhile walked in wearing a counsler's shirt. He was our counsellor? My fists clenched at my sides and I wanted to go up to him and hit him as hard as I could. But now that he was practically in charge of everyone in here, I didn't know if I could.

"I'm your counsellor, Dallas Berg," the blond asshole said. He went over a few rules and regulations but I wasn't paying attention. I remained in my bed, waiting for him to notice me. When he didn't, I pushed myself off of my bed and tried looking and menacing as I could. Once Dallas finally saw me, his eyes widened and he took a step back.

In the past four years, I grew taller and stronger, and now I was about the same height as the jerk who hurt Jordan to the point she refused to leave her room.

"Jesse," he nodded in my direction and turned away. That asshole. He knew what he did was wrong, yet he brushed it off like it was nothing. I was going to say something else, but I was cut off by a knock at the door.

I went over to it and opened it, seeing eight different faces. One belonged to the girl I loved, and she was not happy to see me.

"Well, Emery, did you miss me so much that you came to see me?" I nodded in her direction. "That's so sweet, but there's people in here, so we can't do anything right now."

Her cheeks turned red from embarrassment and a few of her friends laughed. A few guys inside the cabin were laughing as well, making her blush even more.

"Shut up, Jacobsen," she snapped, throwing a fist at my chest. Once her hand actually connected with my body, she looked up in shock to see it didn't affect me at all. Did she actually think she could hurt me?

"Is your counsellor here?" A girl asked, trying to look over my shoulder. Unfortunately for her, I was too tall. She couldn't see behind me.

"Yep," I answered, trying to stay calm. I almost forgot about how angry I was with him when I opened the door. Seeing Jordan made me forget how angry I was. "And I assume you're all here to see him."

"I just followed because I didn't want to be in the cabin alone," Jordan crossed her arms and I wasn't sure if I believed her or not. I'm sure everyone was talking about Cabin B's counsellor.

"Well, Emery, I have a surprise for you," I said with a smirk. Before she could say anything, one of her friends pushed passed me, to see another boy in our cabin.

"Adam?" Her friend spoke. "What are you doing here, Adam?"

Personally, I didn't care much about what Jordan's friend was doing with another boy in my cabin. Jordan looked like she was getting bored, and I was as well. She turned toward the door to leave, but stopped dead in her tracks when our counsellor locked eyes with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 185 1
Ten years ago today, on November 7th, 2007, Jordan Emery and Jesse Jacobsen met. And now, ten years later, on November 7th, 2017, they're getting mar...
454K 13.2K 37
𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙉𝘾𝙀 Harven Aller stole her soccer ball as children, Emery has sworn to hate him. Now, as petty as that sounds, He never apologized. H...
956K 21.6K 35
(This is the prequel to There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate. Do not read this until you've read that first, because there will be spoilers...) ...
288 5 13
Tanner Amorin, a 22 year old your typical jock bad boy who likes to bully and is big ass player. Apart from that, he has always topped in every fiel...