angel. anthony kiedis, red ho...

By frubain

Wishing everything would just stop. I knew it was just a dream. Why couldn't I wake up? This happens every ni... More

ANGEL.
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018

010

891 28 10
By frubain

"An-Anthony it's alright, you don't have to. I'll be okay."

Anthony parked his car in front of the diner the morning I had to go back to work.

I was in my new uniform, although it looked just like my old one. I feel like, it's a fresh start, maybe? I don't know. I'm anxious about going in today. Just wondering how things have changed these past few days, and how Alexandria is doing.

Anthony was insisting on staying here with me.

I wanted him to, really I did. I didn't feel safe without him, and it's strange.

I simply feel connected to him; and he wants to protect me.

But, I try not to be a bother to him. I really don't want that.

It's been a few days, he and I have seemed to be getting closer. I'm not as nervous around him anymore.

He just has those calming vibes..and personality. I feel like I've known him for years, instead of just days.

He sat with his shoulders slightly slouched, he stared over at me with those eyes of his.

"You know, the second I'm gone he could be here." He spoke softly, sending a chill down my spine.

I wish he wouldn't bring up Jake. I'm trying to forget him.

I know that's he's not trying to scare me. He's only trying to warn me.

"I-I know." I stuttered, looking down at my lap. I began messing with my hands nervously.

"So, I'm staying with you." He said, somewhat sternly. "I refuse to let you get hurt anymore, angel." He softened his voice a bit.

I frowned and continued to play with my hands; feeling sort of defeated now.

Angel. He seems to call me that a lot lately. I don't really hate it.

He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands, closing his eyes for a few seconds. He then reached down and unbuckled his seat belt, slowly stepping out of the car.

I watched him as he walked around the front of the car, coming to my door to open it for me. He holds out his hand, and I slowly set my hand down in his.

"Th-Thank you.." I murmur, stepping out as he pulled me up slowly.

He gives me a small, somewhat sad, smile. "No problem.."

---------------------------------

The day rolled by painfully slow. I think it's because I wasn't worried about leaving to go home after work. This diner used to be my safe place, I wouldn't have to be around Jake here, or worry about going home to him.

Now I have Anthony Kiedis. A kind, sincere, and gentle human being. He may have his own secrets that I don't know about, I don't know if I'll get to learn them, but that doesn't matter right now.

All that matters now, to him, is my safety. That's something special, and kind of amazing. No one, not even my mother, sure as hell not my father, has ever showed this much care to me.

Now all of a sudden, this man, a stranger, cares enough about me to welcome me into his home.

How crazy is that?

I was behind the counter, rubbing a wet rag across it, like I do periodically throughout the day, in a circular motion. I look over at him, tilting my head to the side slightly.

He really is gorgeous.

He sat in the same booth he was in when I had first met him. He brought along his book, and all he's asked for throughout the day, was a cup of tea.

He seemed quite engrossed in his book so I didn't want to go over and interrupt him, I just let him be.

I was caught staring at him, by my best friend, Alexandria.

"He's cute." She whispered, raising an eyebrow as she now stood by my side. She had a small smirk tugging on the end of her lips.

I have yet to explain what has happened to her. She has no idea what has gone on.
I feel bad about it. She's my best friend and I'm supposed to be able to tell her everything, but this is different, isn't it? Not really..

I don't suppose it would hurt to tell her, she deserves to know what goes on in my life. She tells me just about everything that goes on in hers, why is it so hard to return the favor? It's not that I don't trust her, it's just I've had bad experiences in the past. I have told people about Jake before, but instead of compassion, people would pretty much yell at me for not leaving him. I don't guess they understand that it's not that easy..

I look up at Alexandria seeing her with the same, small, smirk on her face, but it soon fades once she sees the stress now on my own.

"Can I talk to you about something?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 414 21
Some nights I want to die... and some nights I want to live.. but in every night I don't want to suffer. I didn't think it was possible to be saved b...
4.8K 1.4K 170
*Trigger Warning* Suicide, cutting, depression, abuse, self harm, death etc. ~I didn't know happiness as well as I know sorrow ❤️ Stay strong ❤️
331 26 32
"In a world full of darkness and despair, I felt lost and broken beyond repair. Every day was a struggle, a constant fight, With no end in sight, jus...
3.8K 561 48
"Maybe dreams do come true after all. Even dreams we chase at midnight hours, Shorts." At least Ray had dreams to chase because I ran away from min...