014

I push a stray hair behind my ear, my eyes slightly squinted due to the sunlight, as I stood right beside of Anthony.

The Sun was out and shining, yes. But, it was quite cold outside. The air, as soon as I walked out into it, gave me chills. I couldn't stop myself from shivering after I stepped out of the car.

Today, Anthony was meeting up with his band. Since the night he told me about Hillel, he's been nervous. I could just tell. Sometimes I'd hear him on the phone with, I'm assuming, a band mate. I could see by his body language, and the way his voice shook; he wasn't calm, he was scared.

Today, he seemed..half out of it. He wasn't his usual self at all this morning. He hardly even spoke to me.

Right now, he's standing in front of the building, his arms crossed, and a cigarette shoved between his lips. This is one of the few times I've ever seen him smoke, but I haven't known him long at all, so I can't really say anything.

I just stood beside of him, gazing up at the building. It was the studio, of course. It was an older building, but to me, beautiful nonetheless.

I'm kind of..excited? I wouldn't necessarily put it that way, maybe, but close.

I've never seen a band record anything. Hell, I've never been to a studio like this.

Anthony took one last drag off the cigarette before throwing it down onto the ground, in the process blowing out smoke into the air.

He sighed heavily, glancing down at me. "You ready?"

I simply nod my head.

He pushes the door open and holds it for me, like the gentleman I know he really is. He's always been this way, since I've met him. A gentleman, respectful–I hope it stays this way.

When he shuts the door I'm immediately being greeted by the sound of laughter.

I look ahead of me, spotting three other men.

One of them I recognize. It was the man with Anthony the night at the record store. I really remember him because of the red hair.

What was his name..? Flea? I was so upset at the time, I honestly can not remember much more of it.

Anthony was walking beside of me now, and he gave me a gentle push ahead. Probably because my feet were planted to the floor.

It's definitely no lie that I hate meeting new people. It's awkward, and sometimes, can be scary.

Anthony clears his throat, catching the three men's attention. "Hello there, guys." He says, quite softly.

"Hey, 'Tony!" The tallest man in the room, practically yelled. I slightly jumped at the sudden loudness, another thing I really hate–yelling.

Anthony looked down at me before biting his bottom lip. "Guys..this is Scarlet." He murmurs.

I nod my head towards them, chewing on my bottom lip harshly. I don't know if I should say something, or just stay quiet.

I decided on quiet.

"Hey, Scarlet!" The red haired man came up to me first, extending his hand. "We never officially met. I'm Michael, but call me Flea." He grinned, revealing a rather large gap in his teeth.

I knew it was Flea.

I reach out hesitantly and shake his hand. I made eye contact probably only for a split second, before shyly looking away.

The taller man who yelled, was next. He told me his name was Chad, and I could already tell, he was quite the character. On top of his long hair, he sported a baseball cap, and wore it backwards.

The last person walked up to me slowly. He, I could tell, was younger. Maybe closer to my age.

He had no shirt on, revealing his toned abs. He wore sunglasses, even though he was indoors. So, I don't guess I had to worry about any of that eye contact business.

When he shook my hand it felt like he was barely holding on. I don't think it was because he didn't care, but from what I could see, he seemed hesitant.

I'm very observant.

"I'm John." He said quietly, nodding at me.

"H-Hi, John." I squeak, biting my lip once more.

"Well, guys. Let's get to work." Anthony announces, looking around at everyone present.

I see a small smile peak onto his features; making my heart flutter quickly.

-------------------------------------

That night, Anthony and I sat at the dining room table together. In front of us, sat a box of pizza. Anthony had said he was way too tired to cook anything, but I totally did not care.

"So, did you like going with me today?" Anthony inquired, peering at me. He's always one to make eye contact while in conversation. I guess it's because he wants a person to know he's truly paying attention to what's going on?

I nod my head quickly. "It was really nice..I loved the music." I say softly, painting a half smile on my face.

He grinned, setting his hands together on the table. "Well..that's good. I suppose."

"What'd you think of John?" He asks, now just a soft smile.

"He was really good with that guitar." I say, truthfully. "Way better than me." I add, chuckling slightly.

"You play?" Anthony cocks an eyebrow, titling his head slightly.

"Yep." I say, "It's really all I pride myself on."

"Aw," He slightly pouted, "Although that is an amazing quality, I think there's plenty more that just might beat it." He said, before grinning once more.

"Yeah? Like what?"

"Well..you're gorgeous, for one thing." He said, now a smirk on his face.

My face immediately heated up, but I shook my head.

"Don't argue with me." Anthony giggled, "I never lose."