The Pact (Scömìche)(complete...

Oleh lostroses

Best Scömìche Fanfic and Best Plot, PTXFanFicAwards 2018!! #1 in Scömìche May18. Pentatonix have conquered... Lebih Banyak

1 Time to Party
2 Tower of strength
3 The party begins
4 Important people
5 The impossible
6 Make a wish
7 The right people, the right words
8 Broken
9 Make it right
10 The missing piece
11 Sweet
12 Coffee
13 Mi casa, su casa
14 Cinema
15 Connections and games
16 Happy hurts
17 Alone again
18 Composed and shaken
19 Cold water, hot water
20 The singer and the song
21 Three steps back
22 Memories unboxed
23 Escape to the country
24 Horses and lullabies
25 Music, Mitch and Kirstie
26 Girls' night confessions
27 Goodbye, hello
28 Distractions
29 Fire and ice
30 Reboot
Please vote for The Pact!
31 In his own words
32 Lunch with an old friend
33 December day out
34 Arlington memories
35 Guardian and shield
36 New year, new beginnings
37 Seattle day into night
39 True story, true confession
40 Safe harbour
41 Event horizon
42 Quick, quick, slow
43 Lured
44 More than
45 Sweet surprise
46 Pink slips
47 I choose you
48 A new collaboration
49 It begins with wine and roses
50 Revelations
51 Don't you dare kiss me
52 Open the box
53 My favourite part of you
54 From the stars
acknowledgements
Promised - The Pact book 2 is almost here!
PTX Fanfic awards 2018 - Thank You!!

38 Flirting with forgiveness

3.3K 167 100
Oleh lostroses

Hello hello! Happy Bank Holiday to the Brits, the sun is even out- amazing!!

Happy Monday to everyone else, welcome to your weekly dose of slo-mo Scömìche.

Mitch edges closer to Scott, his sunshine. But the closer he gets, the harder it is to hide.

Scott was almost sorry they had a table in the back of the upscale restaurant. He followed Mitch as he made a fabulous entrance, strutting ahead in a cloud of plum purple sheepskin and turning heads.

"They're all looking at you," he said once they were seated.

"Really? Maybe they're looking at you, Mr. tall and handsome." Mitch's smile lit up his face, and Scott responded.

"Nope, definitely you. Would you like champagne?"

Mitch twinkled. "I thought you'd never ask. Are we celebrating something?"

Scott reached over and patted his hand. "Yeah. I can't believe you came to see me but I'm happy you did."

The waiter took their order and returned with an ice bucket. He poured two glasses of Veuve and left them alone.

Scott raised his glass. A wave of happiness caught him unawares. "To brighter futures. To you and me."

Mitch's eyes were bright as they clinked glasses. "To us. Thank you for a fabulous day."

"Even the snow tubing?"

"Well, the hot chocolate was lovely but don't expect me to do that again. The spa was more my style."

"Actually my back feels great after the massage. I can skip the chiropractor this month."

The evening flew by. Scott limited himself to one glass of champagne and wine, while Mitch finished each bottle. He was giggly by the time they left and Scott offered his arm to lean on.

Outside 542, Mitch threw his arms around Scott and looked up at him with heavy-lidded eyes.

"Don't wanna say goodnight yet," he said, biting his lip.

Scott hesitated, his arms full of plum fur and Mitch's dark gaze holding him captive. He inhaled spicy floral scent, full of intrigue.

"We have another day of fun things tomorrow," he said. "You should get some sleep."

"Come cuddle with me? Please." He dragged out the last word.

Scott saw Mitch's eyes flick to his lips. He didn't want to spoil a perfect day, and this offer was loaded.

"I've had the most fabulous time tonight and I think we should rest now."

Mitch's pout hurt Scott's heart, but he pressed a kiss to his forehead and short fringe of dark hair and stepped back. He wanted so many things that he really should not want.

Mitch mustered a small smile and nodded. "Me too. Goodnight Scotty, sleep tight." He went into his room without looking back.

Scott shut his door and leaned against it. Scotty. His heart fizzed with unexpected joy. He got ready for bed knowing he'd done the right thing, though it killed him to break apart from Mitch. Better this than endless regrets.

***

Mitch's head spun, but he managed to put away his clothes and remove his makeup before getting into bed. He got up again and drank water because Scott was right, he didn't want to be moody and hungover when tomorrow promised more adventure. Then he grabbed the bear plushy and curled up with it under the covers. It wasn't the same. He threw it across the room and buried his face in the pillow.

Flirting only got him into trouble. He should tone it down. Scott had not responded anyway; maybe he was losing his touch. Or maybe Scott was being sensible and keeping his distance because they were trying to be friends again, without muddying the waters. He'd had Scott's entire attention for the evening and he should be content with that.

Scott had said to be himself. The trouble was, Mitch no longer knew what that meant. He had masks beneath masks.

He closed his eyes, and Luca whispered poison in his ear.

Why must you throw yourself at every man you see, puttanella? Remember who made you. You belong to me.

He sat up and switched on the light, then decided to make himself coffee. Half way through drinking, tears on his cheeks, he broke.

M: I'm sorry forgive me

He finished his coffee and brushed his teeth again. When he came back the notifications glowed on his phone. He was almost afraid to look.

S: What are you talking about you're perfect

S: Mitch

S: are you okay?

Mitch picked up his phone, put on the hotel robe over his boxers, and crossed the corridor. He tapped on the door, heart pounding.

Scott pulled the door wide a moment later, dressed in tee shirt and shorts. Without a word he led Mitch over to his bed and lay down, holding the covers open. Mitch couldn't meet his eyes as he shrugged off the robe and crawled in. He made himself small, smaller, not taking up too much room because he didn't deserve more.

Scott put out the light and moulded himself to Mitch's back, one arm over his waist and a hand laid over his heart.

A sob choked his throat. "I'm sorry I—"

Scott's breath was warm on his neck. "Shh, you're okay, we're all good. Sleep now, big day tomorrow."

Mitch gulped air. Scott's chest rose and fell against his back, and finally he relaxed. The last thing he felt was the softest kiss to his shoulder, sending him into peaceful sleep.

***

Sleep was elusive. Scott lay for a while in the dark, listening to Mitch snore softly and feeling the strong heartbeat under his palm. He fell asleep almost instantly, leaving Scott with his emotions in a tangle. Whatever this was had all happened too quickly and now he was unsure what to make of it. They'd had a lovely evening, it seemed to end well, but maybe he'd done something wrong after all. It wouldn't be the first time.

They needed to talk. He just didn't know to start.

When Scott woke, Mitch had shifted away to lie on his back, one leg stuck out of the covers. He'd probably overheated. It was too dark to see much, and Scott eased his way out of bed and went to the bathroom, taking his phone. It was still early and he craved coffee, but didn't want to disturb Mitch. So he sat on the toilet lid and checked emails and Twitter for a while, but by eight o'clock he couldn't wait any longer. He set the coffee maker going and put one light on low.

Mitch stirred and stretched.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." Scott switched on another light.

"What... why'm I here? What did I—"

"Shh, don't worry, here's coffee. Drink up."

Mitch sat up and rubbed his eyes, then clutched the covers around his bare chest. "Water."

Scott pulled a bottle out of the mini-bar. He expected this reaction after all the champagne and wine the night before. "Here."

Mitch drained the bottle, got up and stumbled to the bathroom. It seemed a long time till he returned. Dark circles were prominent under downcast eyes.

"I'll take that coffee now." He sat at the table rather than get back in bed. He drank coffee, staring at the robe in a heap on the floor. Once he finished, he finally made brief eye contact. Scott wasn't sure what to say that wouldn't upset Mitch more.

"Do I have to apologise for anything?" He hugged his arms around himself, his voice quiet.

Scott shook his head. "Absolutely not. Although you already did for some reason, and we do have things to talk about. Right now, let's talk about breakfast."

Mitch grimaced. "Ugh, no."

"Ugh, yes. We got fun things to do and I don't want you flaking on me." Scott kept his tone light. "Shall we have breakfast in here? I can order room service while you go freshen up."

Mitch glanced at the robe again. "I really need to do that. I'll have scrambled eggs and fruit. Lots of coffee." He put on the robe, checked the pocket for his phone and key card, and left.

Scott watched him go. Mitch seemed wary, which was understandable. After all they parted after dinner but woke up in the same bed. That was not part of any plan, but he'd be lying if he said he didn't like it. They'd shared many such moments before, and it sure beat waking up to an empty space. The problem was this time, there were no boundaries in place. Scott really needed to know where they stood. Misunderstandings could ruin everything.

He ordered breakfast for nine thirty. That gave Mitch plenty of time, plus Scott could meditate before his shower to clear his head. In the meantime he put all his questions aside. He was craving eggs and bacon. And waffles, but they would have to wait. He hadn't worked out in two days, and that made him feel guilty. A few bodyweight exercises would help to limit the damage until he got back to his gym routine. He began with press-ups and lunges.

By nine o'clock Scott felt calmer. His familiar routine of exercise, cool shower, meditation and work was a lifesaver. It was difficult to concentrate on emails though when his thoughts kept slipping away across the corridor. Last night was a good thing; he had comforted Mitch when he needed it. This morning was a little awkward so far, but they would have breakfast and settle into a new stage of knowing each other. Meantime, he pulled his mind back to his screen. He wanted to get finished before the day began properly.

**

Warm. Mitch was safe, curled up in a little ball by the fire. So warm. He cuddled closer and dipped back into deep sleep.

Something was hissing at him across the room. Couldn't be a cat, but hissing all the same. Still warm, but alone in this big space. Best get moving. He opened his eyes and saw a robe puddled on the floor just as the headache hit him.

Dear God, how much did I drink last night? Should stick with champagne – wait, there's someone in my room?

The smell of coffee. And Scott talking.

"Morning, sunshine."

Mitch froze. Oh God. What had he done? Scott was turning on lights. Please if you love me stop. Dry mouth, water, coffee. Scott looked normal. But this was most certainly not normal. That means – oh no.

He knew the drill. Apologise, ask forgiveness, and take the consequences.

But Scott wouldn't... he wouldn't hurt me. Didn't. He took me in.

He escaped as soon as he could.

Mitch turned the shower temperature up scalding hot. He scrubbed his skin methodically with mandarin and lime shower gel. He drank more water afterwards and sat with his skin tingly and pink, denying himself the comfort of lotion until his thoughts cleared. He'd thrown himself at Scott after dinner, but he was sober and sensible enough to refuse. And then somehow Mitch had tricked his way into bed with him anyway. He checked his phone. Their text exchange looked innocent enough.

Okay, no harm done.

He smoothed rose lotion over his skin. This brought back memories of the massage, and he almost cried then for how perfect everything had been until he ruined it. He dressed in a polo neck sweater and jeans and made a note to get his hair cut shorter again. Concealer was an absolute necessity to conceal his haggard face.

But he couldn't go back. He sat and stared at a bed that had barely been slept in. He had to do better. He had to regain Scott's trust.

The buzz of his phone startled him out of his thoughts.

S: Breakfast is here come and get it. Door's open

Why did it feel like a condemned man's final meal? He walked on leaden legs, not ready to accept his fate but helpless to change it.

"Morning. What have you got planned for today?" Mitch walked in and sat down with a practised smile.

"Mmm, not going to tell you just yet. Let's get eating first. You've probably got a headache still."

"Why would you think that?" A tiny woodpecker hammered at his right temple.

Scott grinned with a forkful of eggs halfway to his mouth. "You always do if you mix your drinks. Should have stuck to champagne but no, you wanted some Greek wine I've never heard of."

"Not Greek, it's Italian. Greco di tufo." He served himself a small portion of fruit and filled the coffee cup. "You're still useless when it comes to wine."

"Hey, I know what I like." Scott dug into his food.

Mitch started eating. He could feel something rising in his gut, something that sharpened his claws and barbed his words. He needed to get it under control before it did any damage.

He picked at strawberries. They weren't very tasty, but what did he expect in January? Silence clung heavy around him.

"You're doing it again." Scott's voice was soft.

"What?" He didn't mean to sound sharp.

"Tell me what's on your mind. Is it last night? I want to talk about it too."

Mitch looked up into Scott's sincere face. He looked calm, but he was also twisting his hands together.

"I'm sorry, forgive me," he muttered.

"That's what you said before, but there's really nothing to forgive. Did I do something wrong?"

Mitch clasped his hands and stared at them. "I'm sorry."

"Last night... you were sad, and you came to me, and I'm honestly not sorry."

Mitch looked up at those words. "You don't mean that."

Scott brought his chair closer. He sat opposite and held out his hands. Mitch watched his hands move to lie in Scott's warm grip. His pulse slowed.

"Mitch, look at me."

Scott's eyes held a world of blue whose gravity pulled him in.

"I don't know what happened before. I can see you're hurting. But we promised to be honest with each other. Nothing bad happened here, you snored a bit but that's not new. And I will never turn you away if you need me. You don't have anything to be sorry about."

Mitch exhaled. "I shouldn't have come on to you like that. It's trashy and—"

"Stop. He's in your head, isn't he?" Scott frowned. "What happened to you, Mitch? What became of my sassy queen, slaying the scene in purple? You looked so fucking amazing last night, I wanted to show you off to the world."

Mitch looked down at their joined hands. "Really? I had such a good time, and then I – I spoiled it." He trailed off into a whisper.

"Mitch, you didn't spoil anything." His tone was low and Mitch shivered. "I can't tell you how much I'm loving this time with you. And today I'm taking you to see art, and then lunch somewhere, and a dance performance this evening."

"Sounds fun. So what about the afternoon?"

"Whatever you want. Shopping, or wandering round Pike Place Market, or get a car to drive us somewhere. You choose."

Mitch bit his lip. Tears threatened again. When had he turned into such a pathetic weepy mess? So weak.

Scott still held his hands, and he needed to know things were all right and he hadn't messed up.

"Could I have a hug? I know it isn't—"

"Is that even a question?" Scott stood and pulled Mitch to him.

Mitch closed his eyes and inhaled citrus and musk. He felt Scott's heartbeat against his chest, constant and strong. Long arms surrounded him like they'd always done, before everything went wrong. Safe. The stubbled jaw resting against his cropped scalp was replaced by the soft nuzzle of lips. All his fear drained away, banished by a warm feeling in his chest. He didn't want to name it, but it felt good. Safe.

After uncounted minutes, Mitch patted Scott's back. "Thanks. Better now."

"Sure?" Scott murmured.

"Ready to take on the day." He stepped back with a lighter heart.

"Great, let's do touristy things."

"Well, that's what we are."

Scott's smile bathed him in light again, eyes crinkling in the most attractive way. Mitch dropped his guard and let the words escape.

"Luca hated me flirting with anyone. I'd have to apologise and it really wasn't worth the hassle, so I stopped." Mitch turned away. "I'll get my things."

Scott's words followed him. "I don't mind at all."

Mitch paused. "I'll remember that."

They spent a pleasant morning visiting the Seattle Art Museum and the Museum of Pop Culture. Mitch examined exhibits, took selfies, and soaked up the atmosphere. Images and sounds sparked ideas and connections. He felt his creativity stirring, as if after a long sleep.

Lunch in the rotating restaurant at the top of the Space Needle was fun. Although the sky was grey, the slowly changing view was fascinating. Mitch saw how Scott drew attention with a ready smile but with no trace of arrogance. He shared a joke about weather with the server, picked up a child's dropped toy and returned it, and charmed everyone. And that included Mitch, no matter how he tried to keep his distance.

Mitch decided more shopping was in order after that. Once again Scott was the perfect companion, pleasant to shop assistants and appreciative of every look Mitch put together. He bought one shirt for himself and sneaked a gift into the bag while Scott was distracted by his phone. Then he declared himself exhausted and they got a taxi back to the Maxwell.

"Here we are again," Mitch said outside his room.

"Here we are again," Scott echoed. "Tell me what you want to do now."

Mitch arched one eyebrow. "Wow, right to the point. I like a man who says what he means."

Scott looked away smiling, and shook his head. "Okay... I'm going to rest for a bit. The dance thing is at seven so I thought we'd eat after."

"And?"

Pink dusted Scott's cheeks. "And nothing, what are your plans?"

"Well..." He let his gaze roam over Scott's jawline and lips, ending at his blue eyes. He's a handsome one, no doubt about it.

Scott cleared his throat. "I'll see you later then?"

Mitch rolled his eyes. "Clueless. It's been far too long, obviously. Get in here and cuddle with me. Just cuddles, mind. It's still only the second date, I hardly know you."

He wagged a finger with a sly smile as Scott processed his words. Part of his brain was amazed at his own boldness. He was coming back into focus.

"Right. I'll get changed, back in a minute." Scott disappeared into his room.

Mitch changed into a tee shirt and brushed his teeth. He prayed to whatever deity was listening that he didn't screw this up.

******

Forward and back... is Mitch going to open up? Is he strong enough, does he trust Scott enough to let go?

Do you like seeing what they're both thinking? I hope it's not confusing when I switch POV.

And let me know what you think is coming next? (more feels, I promise you that)

As always, vote share comment. I appreciate every one of you. Y'all are precious. 💕

Stay flawless babes! 💖✨

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

103K 4.5K 31
Scott's whole life is changed in the space of two hours. He's at a conference while his fiancé is pregnant and out visiting a friend. Samantha ends u...
12.4K 518 16
Scott is a hard-core believer in true love. How could he not be, considering all the successful relationships surrounding him? His parents are going...
236K 6.7K 200
A cute collection of Scomiche stories :) This is book 1! Read this one first to understand book 2! Scott and Mitch are happily married! They have th...
3.5K 251 31
Scott and Mitch are besties for life, nothing can separate them. What happens when they end up back in the closet? This story is really really sappy...