Hell's Angel✗ // JACE WAYLAND

By leexnnx

[HIGHEST: #1 in shadowhunters] [HIGHEST: # 1 in jacewayland] [ HIGHEST: #1 in themortalinstruments] [HIGHEST... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
NOT AN UPDATE but an explanation
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
HOUSE KEEPING
XXXVII
MUST READ || I'M ENDING THE BOOK
THE SHADOW OF AN ANGEL PUBLISHED
THANK YOU

XI

11.1K 283 34
By leexnnx

A knock on my door brought me out of book. "Who is it?" I yelled, pulling my one of my earbuds out.

"The hottest, sexiest beast you've ever heard of."

"I didn't know Zac Effron was a Shadowhunter."

"Who is Zac Effron?" Jace asked with a puzzled look as he let himself in.

I gaped at him, partially because he didn't know who fricking Zac Effron, and partially because– well, it was Jace fric- fracking Wayland and I will never get over how good he always looked. Like ever. I will never get over how good all of the boys here looked. Like dayum.

"Ok quit checking me out and come on." He gestured to the door. "The sun's going down soon and I know you want to go see your vampire boyfriend."

I glowered at him. "He's not my boyfriend!"

"Whatever you say." He sang.

I pulled my other headphone out and closed my book. "So I can call Clary your girlfriend, then?"

He shot me a puzzled look. "Clary's not my girlfriend."

"Whatever you say." I mocked him. "So why are we leaving so early? Are you that eager to get rid of me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No, Clary and I have to go snoop on a werewolf. He's her-" Jace shut up as soon as he saw the pointed look I was giving him.

"Clary's not my girlfriend." I mimicked him in a high pitched voice while tying my converse.
Jace gave me one those 'i'm so done with you and i really hate you' looks causing me to smirk and raise my hands in mock surrender. "I'm just saying."

He narrowed his eyes at me as I slipped past him into the hallway. "She's not my girlfriend." He muttered under his breath.

"But you wish she was?" I inquired as we made our way to the stairs that led to the main room.

"No."

"Yeah right. Like I said before, you're in deep."

"Where do you and Izzy even come up with this stuff?" He huffed as we rounded the corner and made our way down the stairs.

"Where did you come up with the idea that Stephan was my b- God it's to revolting to even speak aloud."

He rolled his eyes as I shuddered. "You snuck out to see him, not to mention that hug before he left last night."

"So what? Now hugs mean that people are together?" I scoffed, thinking back to our hug this morning. That didn't count; it didn't mean anything to him anyway. "That practically makes you and Clary married."

"Even if that's what I meant," he drawled. "I've never hugged Clary."

I stopped in my tracks in the middle of the heart to look at him. "WHAT? Oh my God, you guys need to hug right now."

He looked at me like I was crazy and walked on. "Why?"

I fell into step with him. "Why? Why? Because hugs lead to kisses and kisses lead to relationships! Something that you and Clary need to be a part of." Even if I don't like her. "Seriously, have you never read a romance book?"

He smirked. "So what you're telling me is that I'm going to get a kiss from you now?"

"What? No. The hug has to be one of affection and mean something to both people." I clarified.

He came to an abrupt stop, his face looking a little annoyed as he turned to me. "So the hug this morning meant nothing to you?"

I was taken aback by his words and his tone. "What? No. God, no, it meant everything to me. You were there for me when I needed someone and for that I am grateful beyond belief. I was talking about you."

He pulled me into the entrance hallway of the institute, out of anyone in the heart's view and pushed me back against the wall, with one hand to the side of my head and the other rubbing his temple before it went down to grab my wrist. "Listen, Westchester, I don't show affection to just anyone, alright? I actually hate-"

"So what you're telling me is I'm special?" I waggled my eyebrows.

He furrowed his own as he gazed down at me, his eyes flickering around my face as if looking for an answer to whatever question was going through his brain. Then his eyes hardened taking up an impassive look that hooded all of his emotions. "No, like I said before, you dont mean anything to me. You needed someone and I was there for you because I know exactly what it feels like to be alone."

I shoved him back just enough so I could get out of the limited spaceI had between him and the wall. I was extremely claustrophobic, but it wasn't exactly something I liked to put out there. Looking up at him, I spoke, "I know you don't care for me, but I know you care for Clary. I can see it in the way you two look at each other. Jace, she's alone in all of this and she needs someone. If you're going to be there for anyone, be there for her."

He looked at me with an unreadable expression, but I quickly shoved it off and turned to the heart to see if Clary was on her way so we could get going. I just wanted to see my best friend already and have a real conversation with him.

Just as I spotted her, Jace's soft voice cut me off from calling her over. I spun around to face him because his words sounded a lot like 'what about you.'

"Pardon?" I asked him with wide eyes to be sure if I heard correctly.

"What about you? You're alone in this too, Thea."

Wait, wait, wait. Was Jace Wayland worried about...me? I mean, woah. Miracles really do happen. I' honoured.

Nah I'm just kidding. I was actually a bit annoyed because I hate people worrying or pitying me. I wasn't used to it. Besides, even though I kind of sort of was a bit opposed to Clary, and vise versa, no one like her should have to go through this alone. So I gave him a small smile and told him the truth.

"Yeah, but it's different. I'm used to being alone. Even with Henric, his clan always came first. Sure, they fed me and gave me a place to sleep and he was there for me, I was kind of like the dog– still part of the family but I couldn't burden them with my problem. They looked after me and cared for me and Henric was like a father to me, but there was never that full connection if you get what I'm saying. Besides, Henric and Stephan were the only ones I ever really considered family, but that's besides the point. What I'm trying to get at is that Clary had a normal life til a couple or weeks ago and lost her mom from what I've heard. She's the one that needs someone."

God, I wanted to punch his face. I wanted to punch his look of pity, and worry, and concern clean off. Instead, I turned my head from him just as Clary walked up to us.

"We ready?" she asked, her eyes immediately landing on Jace, but I could still feel his burning holes through the back of my head.

"Born ready." I gave her a thumbs up as I began to make my way to the doors. I just wanted to see Stephan. And get away from Jace.

The trip to the hotel was silent. And very awkward. 

"You know, I can just walk there myself? My phone has a GPS so..."

Jace scoffed. "Like hell we're going to let you walk alone."

"I actually, I'm sure she c-" Clary began but Jace cut her off.

"Valentine is looking for you, Thea. Valentine. This is already extremely dangerous as it is."

I rolled my eyes and threw my hands up. "Exactly! I don't want you two getting hurt because of me!"

He spun me around and put two firm hands on my shoulders to keep me in place. "Well I'm not going to let you die because of your own arrogance. End off discussion." With that, he pushed me back towards Clary and walked ahead of us.

The tension between the redhead and I ignited like a fire.

"Hey, look I'm sorry about what I said back in the infirmary." She suddenly spoke, catching me off guard. I looked at her in bewilderment. "I mean, I was way out of line and I don't know what got into me, but I'm really sorry, Thea. About everything that's happened to you."

I couldn't believe my ears. But she was apologizing and even though I hated her guts for what she said, I wasn't going to be a bitch about it. So instead, I gave her a small smile. "It's okay. We lose our cool sometimes. I want to apologize for setting you on fire, but for what you said, you kind of deserved it." I joked.

Haha, no bitch I wasn't joking. Setting you on fire was by far the coolest thing I've ever done.

Okay so maybe I was being a little bitchy, but you know what they say; you can't take the bitch out of the girl. Or...something like that.

All Clary did was chuckle. "That's understandable."

Damn straight.

"Would you girls hurry up? You two are like turtles."

"Shut it, Wayland!" We both yelled simultaneously.

He just rolled his eye and continued walking. I turned back to Clary to see her staring at him. Ok they have to get together right fucking now.

Operation Izzy and Thea put Clace together was a go.

"So tell me, Clary. How do you feel about Jace?"

Thea, let's be rational. You keep thinking of him and Clary whenever you see him to distract yourself. How do you feel about Jace?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 293 15
Shadowhunter Clary Fray believes she has discovered her perfect life. Surrounded by her friends and family Clary believes she has finally recovered f...
6.9K 302 18
A 'Mortal Instruments' Fanfiction - Clary lands herself at Angel Peaks Asylum for the Criminally Insane. What did she do to get there? Was it the voi...
1.8K 105 10
A 'Mortal Instruments' Fanfiction - My name is Clarissa Morgenstern. All my life I had lived in the Shadowhunter home country of Idris. I loved my li...
667 36 18
Some say that you have a destiny, a destiny that no matter how hard you may try, you can't escape. What's written is written and there is no avoidin...