Strangelove [1] Stephen Stran...

By Captain_Black_Magic

Strangelove Strange highs and strange lows Strangelove That's how my love goes Strangelove Will you give it t... More

Cast
Epigraph
01. It's Always About You
02. Goodbye Stephen
03. He's the Plague You Can't Escape
05. Surrender
06. There Are Many Things You Don't Know
07. Forbidden Spells & Sanctums
08. Kaecillius
09. The Hospital
10. New York Is Falling
11. Advice For the Heart
12. Destruction & Faith
13. A Bargain
End Credit 1
End Credit 2
Genevieve Robinson Will Return

04. Wong

5.5K 135 4
By Captain_Black_Magic

The next day, Genevieve led Stephen into the main area where he was met by the Ancient One. Genevieve didn't know how any of this would go, but she hoped for the best.

"Go. Sit." Genevieve told Stephen and he followed her orders, for once.

Sitting there in front of the Ancient One, Stephen didn't know whether or not she was judging him. He was aware of the fact that Genevieve was watching, so he had to be on his best behavior.

"The language of the mystic arts is as old as civilization." the Ancient One began, "The Sorcerers of Antiquity called the use of this language 'spells'. But if that word offends your modern sensibilities, you can call it a program." Stephen nodded, understanding what she was saying, "The source code that shapes reality."

Stephen watched as the Ancient One began to move her hands as orange energy appeared from it, "We harness energy drawn from other dimensions of the multiverse to cast spells, to conjure shields, and weapons to make magic."

The energy the Ancient One had create was pressing against Stephen's face. He stared at it in awe. Genevieve watched from the sidelines, surprised that the man in the room hadn't said anything snarky yet.

The energy disappeared and Stephen was still awestruck. He blinked a few time to recollect his thoughts, "But...even if my fingers could do that, my hands would just be waving in the air. I mean, ah, how do I get from here to there?"

Genevieve smiled, knowing that this was the first step in Stephen letting someone else take control.

"How did you get to reattach severed nerves and put a human spine back together, bone by bone?" the Ancient One asked him.

"Study and practice. Years of it." Stephen answered simply.

The Ancient One nodded her head, and that was Genevieve's cue, "Follow me."

Stephen stood up beside her and followed, "Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

Stephen followed Genevieve like a lost puppy. He had that lovesick emotion to the point where he would do anything for her. He also wanted to make up for the horrible way he had treated her in his flat.

The two walked through the courtyard, where other individuals were socializing and some practicing. They continued walking until they reached their destination.

"The library?" Stephen asked, noticing what the place was.

"What a better place to start? That and the fact you have no idea what you're doing." Genevieve responded.

"And how long have you been a...sorceress?" Stephen questioned her, since he didn't know much about her early life.

"Basically since I could walk. My father was the famous Arpolo, a soldier during the Vietnam war who finally found peace with his memories through the mystic arts. My mother was a sorceress as well." Genevieve answered. She loved talking about her parents even though they were gone.

"Don't mind me asking this, but what happened?"

"They died. Together." Genevieve paused, "If I die, I want to know that it's beside someone I love." she looked at Stephen, "Someone I care about. Just like my parents."

Stephen was lost for a second. He never knew that about her, "I-I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." Genevieve collected herself and stopped from crying, "Now come on in."

"I have to go grab something." Stephen told her before running off.

"Okay." Was all Genevieve said as she stood in the middle of the courtyard.

She watched as others talked and practiced. She made critiques on some who were practicing and listening quite closely to some of the conversations.

It felt like forever until Stephen came back. She noticed he had books in his hands and luckily they were going to the library. It was clear to her that Stephen hadn't met Wong yet.

"We ready?" she asked him.

"Yep. Lead the way." Genevieve nodded and began walking in front of him.

They finally reached their destination and Genevieve let Stephen walk ahead of her. She wanted to see how this was all going to go down.

Without any hesitation or odd look, Stephen walked in. He made his way straight to the desk in the middle of the library.

"Hey." Stephen said casually.

Wong turned around to face the man that had just addressed him. He saw Genevieve behind the man. She looked like she was about to laugh, but she knew she couldn't.

Wong walked over to the table, "Mr. Strange."

"Uh...Stephen, please." he told the man as he dropped the books on the table.

Genevieve walked up to the side of the table to watch the interaction between the two men. It was definitely going to be an interesting one.

"And you are?" Stephen asked.

"Wong." he simply said.

"Wong?" Stephen questioned. '

'Oh here we go.' Genevieve thought

"Just Wong? Like...Adele? Or...Aristotle. Drake. Bono. Eminem." Stephen received no reaction from Wong whatsoever.

Wong just shook his head and grabbed the books that Stephen had placed on the table. He turned them around and examined them.

"The Book of the Invisible Sun. Astronomia Nova. Codex Imperium. Key of Solomon." Wong looked at Genevieve, then at Stephen, "You finished all of these?"

"I'd say it's quite impressive." Genevieve added.

"Yep." Stephen popped out the p.

Wong stared for a second, "Come with me."

As the two men walked, Genevieve followed after them. She was curious as to what Wong was planning on showing him.

"This section is for masters only." Wong informed Stephen.

"Like Genevieve?" Stephen asked.

"Yes. Genevieve is a master." Wong answered before getting back to his main point, "At my discretion others may use this section. You should start with Maxim's Primer."

Wong went to unlock the book he went to get.

"How is your Sanskrit?" Genevieve asked Stephen.

"I'm fluent in Google Translate." Stephen told her, thankfully refraining from making it into a joke.

Wong walked by and handed Stephen a book, "Read it. Classical Sanskrit."

Genevieve noticed Stephen walking to the Ancient One's book. She knew they were forbidden and didn't want him touching them, so she followed.

"What are those?" Stephen pointed to the books.

"The Ancient One's private collection." Wong answered.

"So they're forbidden?" Stephen questioned.

"Yes." Genevieve stated immediately as he finished the question.

Stephen looked at her in an odd way, then looked to Wong for clarification.

"No knowledge in Kamar-Taj is forbidden. Only certain practices." Wong informed Stephen, "Those books are far too advanced for anyone other than the Sorcerer Supreme."

Stephen looked oddly at the books before making his way closer to them. He reached his hands up and unlocked one of them from its chains. Genevieve tensed as he grabbed the book. She had always been told never to touch them. Why was Stephen a special case?

He pulled it out and opened it, skimming through the pages until he came to the missing ones, "This one's got pages missing."

"That's the Book of Cagliostro. The study of time. One of the rituals was stolen by a former master." Wong told him. Genevieve knew who he was talking about.

"Kaecilius." Genevieve said.

"Yes. A zealot he has become." Wong stated as he went and grabbed some more books, "Just after he strung up the former and relived him of his head."

Genevieve stared at Wong, not knowing what to say. For all she knew, Kaecilius could come back and do the same thing to Wong. She sure did think he was brave now.

Wong pushed the shelf in, which caused Genevieve to jump a little, "I am now the guardian of these books. So if a volume from this collection should ever be stolen again, I'd know it. And you'd be dead before you ever left the compound."

Wong grabbed the book Stephen had in his hands and shut it in front of his face. Stephen just looked at Wong oddly. He looked him up and down before speaking again.

"What if it's overdue? You know? Any...late fees I should know about?" Stephen asked, but still got not answer or expression from Wong, "Uh, you know, people used to thing I was funny."

"Did that work for you?" Wong asked with no tone in his voice.

"No. It didn't." Genevieve answered for Stephen.

"Alright. Well it's been lovely talking to you. Thank you for the books, and for the horrifying story and for the threat upon my life." Stephen said to Wong before turning to Genevieve, "Let's go."

The two walked out of the library and both of them had no idea what had just happened. They walked silently back to Stephen's room, where he dropped off his books.

Once they reached the room, Stephen allowed for Genevieve to walk in first.

"Is he always like that?" Stephen asked Genevieve, as he placed the books on his bed.

"Kind of. But the library's a new environment for him." Genevieve informed him, "Just know that he isn't a very social person."

"And he obviously doesn't have a sense of humor." Stephen joked, "Thank god I can finally release all the tension and energy."

"Yeah," Genevieve laughed, "It was really weird."

"Thanks for not embarrassing me."

"I'll get you another time. Just remember that." Genevieve reminded him, "Make sure you're at training later."

Genevieve was at the door before Stephen said to her, "I will. Just to see you."

Genevieve noticed that there was a slight blush on her face before she walked out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95K 3.1K 19
❝ 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐈𝐓 ❞ magic comes with a price that no one would be willing to take. this time, you can'...
43.1K 1K 11
"Will you stick with me through whatever?" [AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR] [PETER PARKER X OC{
108K 4.1K 13
" You are stubborn Stephen, but that's alright, the universe always falls for a stubborn heart. "| Stephen Strange gets more than he bargains for whe...
2.4K 55 13
(Y/N) a 23 year old woman who had been married to Dr. Stephen Strange one of the strongest sorcerer in the world and the second in line is (Y/N) a po...