The Boss And His Lover

By Wonder_Women123

He's the guy that's trying to find some answer. His mother's the one wanting a grandchild out of him. Thanks... More

The boss and his Lover
Bonding
Characters
The 'date'
Birthday
First day of work
Author's note
the psycho's return
Reunion
Authors note
The bar
Friend Zoned
Halloween special
Doomed
Best day ever
author's note
Christmas Special
A Promise
Sequel
Author's Note

Tricked

5.7K 162 2
By Wonder_Women123

Saige's outfit for Saturday

*************************************

It's been a week since I first started working at Winston's Inc. There was so much work to do, but I loved every bit of it. Before I start to head back home for my days off, I knock on Nate's door.

"Come in!" He says and I enter his office. As I'm about to speak, I see his mom sitting on the sofa with a big smile.

''Hi Saige! How are you?"

"I'm great, how about you Mrs. Winston?" I ask to be polite.

"Please, just call me Annabella and I'm just great." As I smile and try to come up with something else to say, Nathaniel speaks before me, "Um Miss Morgan, did you need something?" Nathaniel asks and I mouth 'thank you' to him, happy I don't have to continue that awkward conversation.

"Oh yes, I came here to say, I'm done for the day and I was about to head out, so is there anything you need before I leave?" I ask and he replies by saying 'no thank you' and then gave me a hand signal telling me that I could leave.

As I'm about to click the close door button, it suddenly is stopped by, Nathaniel's mother? "Oh Saige, I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Would you like to spend the day together tomorrow, you know like a girls day?" She asks with the biggest puppy dog eyes that a mom could give.

"How can I say no to you? I'd love to go!" I say sincerely.

Great! Meet me at the park near here tomorrow at 3, alright?" I nodded and then stepped out of the elevator and headed home.

Saturday

It was 2 o'clock right now and I decided to start getting ready I went with a casual look that wouldn't stand out to much. Now I was hoping that we just don't go to a classy restaurant but, oh well. After that I just put on some eyeliner and lipgloss and my outfit was complete. It was about 2:20 and I had forty minutes to head to the park.

When I finally arrived it was about 2:55 and I was five minutes early. As I went to sit down, I was surprised to see who started walking up to me.

Nathaniel's (POV)

I know my mom is up to something. Yesterday she kept pestering me about spending time with her and told me to take her out for a walk without my dad. And today when I told her I'd pick her up, she just said she'd meet up with me and that she'd come by after dealing with some 'stuff' she had to do. Sometimes my mom just scares me to much that I don't bother asking anymore why.

Anyways as I was heading to the park, I spot Saige sitting on a bench seat. As I walk up to her, she shows a shocked expression, but then converts back to her usual self.

"Hey Saige, how are you?"

"I'm great, how about you?"

"I'm good. So, what are you doing here?"

"Well, your mom invited me out to hang, but I guess I came a bit early."

"Oh really?" I ask and she nods. I'm surprised I didn't expect this. I forgot what type of person she was (ugh).

Anyways, what are you doing here?" She asks

"Same as you. What did she tell you to bring you here?" I say with a sigh at the end.

"She just said that she wanted to have a girls day out and then--" Before she can finish explaining, I finish her sentence instead,

"She gave you her famous puppy dog eyes?"

"Yeah. I'm guessing by your answer, she did the same thing to you?" I reply back to her with a nod. "Do you know why she did this?"

"Yeah I do and before I tell you, I promise I had nothing to do with this." She nods for me to continue, "She wanted us to go on date."

"Is this a common thing she does in your life?"

"Yup." I say popping the 'p'.

"So do you wanna cancel or do something?" She asks and I don't why, but my heart started to beat for a moment but I decided to let the fact slide.

"Well my mom probably made you ruin your plans for today, so why don't we spend the day together?" I ask and I see a smile reach Saige's face.

"Sure, but before we do that I have some errands I have to run."

"Alright, let's go.

thirty five minutes later

We already headed to the dry cleaners, bought some groceries and now are at the café where she worked at before she started working for me. I thought girls would take longer, but I'm shocked at how little time she took. Then again, the only reason I thought that way was because of my mom.

As we wait for the line to move, Saige asks, "So, what do you want to order?"

"Well, the last time I came here, I did enjoy the coffee cake."

"Alright so a slice of coffee cake and black coffee?" She replies back exactly what I wanted and I nod back. "Why don't you go find us a seat and I order, cause I don't think you want to hear my conversation with my old boss." She said and I replied back with an 'ok' and then headed to a seat in the corner.

As I waited for Saige to bring the orders, I watched her head the back with a middle aged lady while talking along the way. As I waited for her to come back, I didn't know why, but I had the sudden urge to look at the front door. "I hate my life." How did she know where I was? How many times am I gonna have a tracker stuck on me? As she walks up to me, Sarah says in her high pitched voice,

"Hi Nate! I didn't expect to see you here?!"

"Hi Sarah, how did you guess I'd be here? You never go come to places like these." I say through gritted teeth.

"Weeellll, I went over to your house to see youu but, when I didn't find you and found your brother instead......" Oh he is so getting yelled at by me...and by mom. Wait a minute, how'd he get the keys to my house?

"Anyways, shouldn't you be heading home now?" Before she can reply back, Saige comes back to the table.

"Hey, sorry it took so lo--" She says but then stops herself when she sees Sarah next to me. And before I can try to fix anything, I grab the first thing I can grasp and drink it.

"Hii I'm Sarah, Nate's girlfriend." As soon as I heard 'girlfriend', I spit out whatever I had just put in my mouth and without thinking I say out loud,

"Since when have we started dating!?"

"What are you talking aboouutt, I asked you out the last time I came over to your and you said yes, remember?" I definitely don't want Saige to hear this conversation, but if I don't say anything, then I definitely won't be on good terms with her after this.

"I told you I'd go out on a date with you, but I never said I'd become a couple."

"But, but, how could you date this girl instead of me." She says as she points to her body, but before I can object on anything, Saige beats me to it.

"Who said I was dating Nate? We're just friends and that's it. Besides, he never asked me out." Saige says replying back to Sarah in her annoyed tone.... Why was I so disappointed by here response? Wouldn't I have said the same thing if I were in her position?? I should really ask her out soon

"Oh! Reeeeally!" She says in the same pitchy tone again, like how she's been doing all day, "Then we should totally hang out together again soon, k?"

"Uh...I guess?" She says hoping for a miracle to happen, but I don't even know what to do. I feel sorry for her.

"Anyways, I got to go, daddy's waiting for me to come back." Was my mom this desperate that she went with Sarah as a candidate for the wife position? Anyways, when she finally leaves, Saige brings me back to reality,

"Did you seriously go out with her?" She asks while watching Sarah walk away flirtatiously. She was probably hoping that I was looking at her.

"I did it for my mother's joy. I'd never have gone through with that if I had a choice." I say as I point at the door from where Sarah had just left through.

"I can tell you really love your mother a lot." She says with a smile, but it fades quickly.

"What's wrong?"  I ask and without realising, I put my hand on top of hers. Ugh! That's such a stupid and cliche move.

"Nothing." She says trying to deny the sadness I seen in her eyes. "Why don't we go to the park next." She replies back to me before I can say anything else.

"Um, sure." I say and let go of her hand to stand up. As I walk a bit ahead of her so that I can open the door for her, she stops me, "What is it?"

"You really got to stop acting this polite."

"But--"

"No buts! I know you have this pacific type of image for guys, but I have an image for girls. And what I think about girls is that we're independent and we don't need a guy to do the simple things in life for us."

"You know that's not--"

"Yeah yeah I know that's not your intentions, but your literally screaming that out through your actions." She says in a calm tone

"Fine, I promise I won't try to be thus typical guy anymore." I say

"Good, now let's go!" She says and pulls me by my hand.

At the park

"Hey, if I ask you something, can you answer it?" She asks as she looks up at the sky.

"Of course I will. I think I proved that when I told you about my past relationship, remember?"

"(giggle), I remember."

"So, what did you want to ask me?"

"What's it like to have a mother?"

"Why are you asking this all of a sudden?" I say and I instantly regret it.

"I always wonder about having a mom and when you told me how she found more then one candidate, I don't know, I just wonder how a mother actually treats you when she actually loves you." She says and I notice from the corner of my eye, Saige whipping away the tears that fell. Why did I have to ask such a stupid question.

"I'm sorry I asked." I apologize.

"Don't be I'm the one who asked.

After a long awkward silence moment, I decide to reply....

"Its nice having a mom..... you know, when you pass all the crazy parts about her." I say and she giggles, but stops really quickly. "Listen' I know you've been alone searching for your parents all through your life, but" I take a brief pause which earns me a curious look from her "but now, I'll be there with you to help you search, if y--" before I can complete my sentence, I'm caught in a sincere embrace.

"Thank you." She says and I except the embrace by wrapping my arms around her.

"Your welcome." It felt like hours passed by (it was only a minute or so) and even after she let go, I was hoping it would have lasted longer. This is the first girl that I really lo--, I mean like, this is the first girl I liked.

After the hug I decided to take her home. After dropping her home I went home myself and was greeted by her again, another smiling mom.

"I'm not telling you anything."

"You don't have to. Do you expect me not to watch you after setting you both up?" She says and then I remebered her plan from the very beginning,

"Then why are you here?"

"You know why? What was the deal with that hug?" she asks smirking.

"I'm not having this conversation with you." I say as I walk past her.

"Don't you walk a way from me!" she says annoyed, but I had to get back to my work and wanted to then rather discussing this with my mom.

"As much as I'd love to continue talking about your fantasy between me and Saige, I have work to do."

"No! Don't go! Come on! Let me fantasize!!"

"Bye mom!" I say as I reach the top of the stairs.

"Oh you cannot leave me hanging!" she yells

"I'll call dad and tell him what you were--"

"Bye honey! See you tomorrow!!" and with that she left...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 119K 64
'where do u live?'. I text him and wait for a couple of seconds. Hmm...no reply. Nevermind. I change into my usual uniform and was about to put my dr...
896K 22.3K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...
397K 10.4K 35
Kendrick Ryans is the CEO of Ryans Corporate. He's also a big playboy until his playboy behavior was forced to stop. To keep his position and his fat...
982K 23.5K 46
Madeline Bloom is clumsy, complex, and bright; all the while dripping in sex appeal. The 22 year old, seemingly oblivious of her looks has her sights...