The Siren's Call

By XxNixonxX

An Alpha had really one job, get his Luna and protect his pack, okay make that two. Draven thought it would b... More

TSC
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Draven's POV (31)
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Eight

89.8K 3.7K 535
By XxNixonxX

Sorry for the late upate, forgive moi

Ignore typo im actually half drunk updating this so yea.

I looked at his wide eyes.

"Damn it hide,"

I ducked under water near the bank, I could still see him clear as day. For some reason he stiffened half his body on the land like he was talking to someone. And for some reason the water started to seem warmer, like it was boiling making me want to get out

I moved as slowly as I could backwards trying not to move the water too much. From outside the water should be too murky to see me.

I saw my brother look at the spot I was before, he thought I was still there. Good.

I turned around softly going deeper into the water so I wouldn't move the water and swam towards the other side. Why did he tell me to hide?

Pushing it to the back of my mind I smiled feeling the familiar relaxing feeling as all my limbs stretched. I swan out the further end of the lake looking around.

Something moved against me and I froze my heart skipping a beat. I spun around and nearly laughed when I saw it. A fish.

It swam away and I followed it my hunting skills coming into effect. I didn't even need to think twice as I followed it absent minded.

Not to mention I was much faster than it circling around it. I grabbed it by my teeth when I heard a loud shriek. I looked up coming out of the water too see James looking around.

I ducked back under water swimming up to him and nudging my tail around his legs making him yelp. I came out trying not to laugh as the fish would drop out and tapped his shoulder.

"Damn it where did you g-FU*K" he swore taking a leap backwards in the water. I tilted my head looking at him.

"You have a-" he said motioning to my mouth. I took the fish out and held it out, "Do you want it?"

He cringed and I looked at the fish, there was nothing wrong with it.

"Sorry I didn't mean to offend you,"

"Offend me?" I asked flapping my tail around. He shook his head running a hand through his hair, "Can you eat that?"

I nodded, of course we could. But for some reason he looked disgusted and I dropped the fish back into the water. He was disgusted at me. 

First he wanted me to hide and now he was giving me a look that made me disappointed in my self.

"Sorry," I whispered turning around. I wasn't anything like them, I was so different. 

"No Thel-,"

I ducked back under water closing my eyes and letting my tail guide me around. Maybe mother was right, this world wasn't for me. It was so different and I didn't know how to behave. I knew nothing about this world!

I swam to a rock and lifted myself onto it looking out. I hadn't realized how far I had swam until I could see the bank as a small line in the horizon. The sun was still warm against my skin and I flapped my tail out liking the way the sun reflected on it.

I was different in both worlds.

I watched a yellow fish swim towards me and I held onto the rock harder ignoring my instincts to catch it. Maybe humans didn't eat fish. I lied against the rock closing my eyes smiling at the salty breeze that was touching me. I could just sleep like this.

That hurt. It hurt a lot. I looked down to see a crab clinging onto my tail and winced. I reached down trying to pry it off me but not being able to see properly. 

I looked up to see why, the sun was gone. I hurried into the water realizing I spent too much time here and James would have been worried.

I hurried back trying to find my way through the water towards the bank. The water current was against me slowing my down and I swan deeper to avoid the main waves.

But the closer I got to the bank the less the waves were. I leaped out of the water scanning the bank before swimming back under. More east.

I changed directions trying to look at the rocks and trees briefly so I can recognize where I was meant to go. 

I found the place but James was gone. I swam back to where my clothes were and closed my eyes jumping onto the bank side and sitting down, my tail still in the water. I squeezed my eyes taking deep breathes so I could concentrate on changing back. 

I whimpered feeling my bones click in and out of place, the sound itself making me more afraid than the pain. It felt like it took longer as I transformed back and I looked down to see my legs, and the crab still holding a toe.

I smiled at the creature before throwing my clothes back on trying not to hurt the crab. I pushed my wet hair to my left shoulder and I staggered up to stand, putting most of my weight on my right leg so I didn't step on the small creature.

"James?" I called out softly.

There was no response.

I wrapped my arms around my waist looking around. Where was he?

I took a step forward wincing, feeling tired from swimming such a long distance and transforming, and a pain in my stomach. 

I walked into the forest looking both way, where did they say we were staying?

Stupid Thelea, did you have to fall asleep?

"I need your help,"

I paused, who said that?

"What now?"

"I'll tell  you something but you can't tell anyone okay?"

Was that James's voice.

"Okay bro?" said another slow confused voice. Oscar? What was his name?

"I can't fin-" his head turned around as I walked up to them and his eyes widened.

"Where did you go, I'm so sorry,"

I couldn't breathe as something came around me like it was choking and I struggled against it. 

"Dude you're choking her,"

James let go of me saying sorry and cleared his throat.

"What am I missing?" said Oscar looking between us confused.

"Why are you drenched," he then asked and I looked down, my clothes were a bit damp from my wet body and I looked back at him.

"I we-," James cut me off by grabbing my hand pulling me.

"We need to go back guys," said James.

"You said you wanted to tell me something," said Oscar running after us and I staggered trying to keep up with James and at the same time trying not to step on the crab.

"Where are your sho-what the f-eh is that?" asked James as I stopped to move the crab.

"A crab," I said smiling. I tried moving its clips off me but it was one strong grip.

Oscar said something earning a slap to the back of his head by James, "Don't swear,"

I tilted my head watching as they both yelled at each other.

I bent down tickling the crab by putting my tiny finger in the hole between the shells. It immediately let me go trying to defend itself from the intrusion and I smiled picking it up in my hands. It was half the size of my palm.

"She has a crab,"

"I can see that,"

"Why the hell does she have a crab,"

"Shut up Oscar,"

"Its a crab, she has a crab,"

I looked up to see Oscar staring at me with a weird look on his face and I held it out to him, "Do you want to to hold it?" I asked. He cringed jumping back shaking his head.

"You want me to hold that thing?"

I looked back to the orange and brown crab and to him. What was wrong with holding this adorable creature?

"Let's go dad is looking for us," said James grabbing my hand pulling me. I held the crab carefully as I followed him. The walk back to the main pack house as Oscar called it was short but was hard to navigate through the thick trees.

"There you guys are, where did you go?"

James talked to him in a quiet voice as I played with the crab in my hands. Its head tilted side to side like it was scratching itself on my hand and I laughed.

"The Alpha came to you?"

I looked up as Dad spoke to James. The alpha?

"He didn't see her I told her to hide,"

I watched them talk not understand what they were saying, maybe it was someone else they were talking about. The pain in my stomach came back and a noise.

"Go eat dinner," said Dad nodding towards us, "we can talk after,"

James nodded taking my hand again and pulling me into the house.

"Do you want to leave that crab outside?" asked Oscar as I walked down a thin but long corridor as James called it looking around. The lights were really bright and I kept my head down as my eyes tried to get used to the colours.

"No," I said holding it. 

"I'll put it in my pocket," said James pulling out a chair for me. I looked at the large room with tables everywhere. It looks big. Why was it this big?

"Will you crush it?" I asked placing the crab on the table and sitting down. James pushed me closer to the table and I reached out to hold the sides to steady myself. He sat down beside me and Oscar sat in front of me looking at the crab.

"Can we take the crab off the tbale, it's scary,"

"No it's friendly," I said smiling down at it.

"It's glaring at me," said Oscar picking up a knife. My mouth slightly opened as he tried to move it but the crab opened its snappers at him.

"Put it on the ground, crabs do not belong on the table,"

"Why is there a crab on my table?" said a new voice and I turned around trying to see who it was, 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
21.7K 685 19
Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back from the silver chains on tied to the wal...
563K 13.1K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
2.2M 53.8K 34
"Please," I begged pulling on the man's arm that was wrapped around my torso, pressing me to him. I wanted nothing more then to be freed of his grasp...