New Ghoul In School (Vampire...

By randomr4nd0m

Meet Yuri Ashlynn, the new ghoul on campus unaware of the creatures that make up the night class. Read as she... More

Chapter 1:Encounter
Chapter 2:Discovery
Chapter 3:Search
Chapter 4:Reunions
Chapter 5:Exams
Chapter 6:Diversion
Chapter 7:[filler]
Chapter 8:Coffee
Chapter 9:Dinner
Chapter 10:Eyes
Chapter 11:Prelude to battle
Chapter 12:Kakuja
Chapter 13:Aftermath
Chapter 15:Security
Chapter 16:Return
CCG Ghouls:Training
CCGs Ghoul:Blood Tablets
Chapter 17:The Switch
Chapter 18:Reintroduced
Chapter 19:Meet up
Chapter 20:Itou

Chapter 14:The Mission

1.6K 48 10
By randomr4nd0m

It was near the beginning of the new year and I remember the way the snow coated my hair making my blonde hair lighter then it was. I was allowed to leave cochlea and start my work at the ccg. I remember the crude stares and scowls of the investigators I passed on my way to Arimas office.

Those first few months consisted of furthering their labs studies on ghouls. I felt like I was selling out my kinds secrets to the enemy. It stopped after the 'LSD incident' awhile ago. I cringe just from thinking about it. Once the work day was over I came home to Haise Sasaki, formally known as Ken Kaneki. Without his memories he was definitely more stable; mentally at least.

Around summer is when things started changing. The day when the ccg was introduced to the 'Q squad'.
Humans with the abilities of ghouls, monsters in human form. That same day Haise and I were tasked in training them. It made my job as a simple secretary more difficult to say the least.

Mutsuki, shyest of the group and had trouble activating her kagune but she had heart. Saiko, probably the laziest of the bunch always on the her room watching anime. I wonder how she even became an investigator. Then there's the boys. Urie who embodied the image of a perfect investigator and Shirazu who was always acting up, picking a fight, or being loud nuisance in general. He was always trying to one up Urie in any competition.

And here I was having to deal with four new additions to the apartment. Just great.

"Yuri! Tell Urie cunt here that I'm this squads leader and he need to follow my orders!" I roll my eyes as I continue making pasta.

"I su-suppose you've gotten used to him haven't y-you." I internally smile at how adorable mutsuki is. Only last week has he gotten over finding out about me. We stood in the kitchen cooking together as we waited for Shirazu to shut up.

Hearing the jumble of keys outside I wasn't surprised when Haise entered.
"Oh your cooking again?"

"Well someone has to feed these little monsters." I say as I slip my apron off and slid it over onto Mutsukis shoulders letting him take over the cooking.

"I'm just surprised you can cook human dishes like a pro even though your a ghoul." By this point the boys had stopped their yapping and we're listening in to our conversation.

"What can I say? It's a gift." I smile as I start setting up the table. In ten minutes the Quickes, as most called their squad were peacefully eating pasta.

"It looks like your doing a better job of getting them under control then I am." Looking g over to Haise I see the slight downturn of his lip. "Arima wanted me to act as their mentor, to teach them how to control their ghoul side but you can see how far I've gone with that." Its true that half the squad can't even activate their kagunes and Urie and Shirazu don't follow orders but it's not that bad. I mean at least they're still alive. That's one good thing.

"Come on its not all bad. Lighten up and remember you will have training with the Q squad tomorrow at three pm and you have a meeting at twelve-"

"Ash you're not at work so you can relax. Go to bed early or something."

"I can't I still need to do the laundry and organize a few cases for Arima and-" He hold his hands up.

"Guys, you know how to work a washing machine right?" He yells over to the quickes awaiting their response. They look at each other with confused stares.

"We have a washing machine?!" I facepalm hearing Shirazus statement.

~Time skip~

The next day I spent making sure everyone got to work on time. Once everyone had left I made way to ccg headquarters with Arimas coffee in one hand and a stack of papers in the other.

"Hey ghoul wait a sec!" I groan recognizing that voice.

"Yes, Itou?" Wearing my usual smile I turn to him.

"Here!" Quickly he slips on a choker of sorts around my neck. "Now you can't sneak around with that ability of yours. He gives me his regular closed eye smile.

"What are you talking about?" My eyes glue onto the small device in his hand. I watch as his thumb presses a button.

Click

Next thing I know I'm on the ground with a stinging feeling in my neck. I'm only thankful the coffee didn't spill.
"What the fuck was that!" I shout getting back on my feet ignoring the tense stares our way. I could hear the sound of hands on their cases ready to be activated.

"We needed to put a leash on you but I see now we need to get a muzzle to." The more he rambled of the more ticked off I got. If I wasn't ordered to stay I would kill you right now along with all those scientists.

After the ordeal I walk back still wearing the damn collar.

Delivering Arima his coffee and setting down a pile of documents I ask about the collar.

Taking a long sip of his drink he leans back. "I'm thinking of putting you on the S3 squad." My brain freezes recalling a particular douchebag on that squad. "The collar is just a safety hazard. I know you'd never disobey me as long as your uncle says to the others don't know that." I slump back onto a chair with a groan.

"Great just what I wanted. More work." Rubbing my eyes I lazily ask is there was anything else I needed to work on.

"The Qs have a checkup so maybe you'd want to check how much progress they've done. Oh and head to the S3 office once your done."

Nodding I take my leave.

Entering the office I see Mutsuki in the room. "Hello Ms Chiyuri what can I do you for?" Taking a seat I explain here to look over the Qs health forms.

"Oh here you go and if you don't mind could you send the rest of the squad here for their examination? So far only Mutsuki, and Haise have come.

"Oh damn I forgot all about that." I groan as I remember I also have to attend these visits. "I'll have them here tomorrow." Leaving the room I wave goodbye as I head out.

"Three more hours then I can go home." A sigh escapes my lips as I walk towards the S3 Divisions office.

The door slightly creaks as I push it open. Hirako the S3s leader that the bastard Itou already aknoldeging my presence.

"What took you so long?" Hirakos voice was it's usual dull tone as he continued doing his paper work. "Who cares I just need you and Itou to stake this place out. It's suspected of being a ghoul restaurant." Gently throwing the stapled papers towards me he shoos us out of the room.

"So ghoul what's the location?" I growl hearing his voice.

"I have a name you ass! It's Chiyuri."

He places a hand on his chest appearing offended by my statement but it quickly fades as he let's out a chuckle. "This is going to be quite an interesting mission." With those few words said he headed out, me closely following.

~time skip~

"This is the place." Itous words lay on the back of my mind as I look at the fancy restaurant before me. Tall windows showcased the many happy humans eating a variety of dishes and showed the cleanliness of the shop. "We should investigate near closing time which should be in a few hours."
Facing him I get a look at his outfit. A regular business suit a dull gray color; his outfit practically screamed 'ghoul investigator here to kill all you monsters!'

"We're not doing anything until we get changed." Grabbing his hand I walk straight back to the car and slide into the drivers seat. Itou still confused didn't question me until we stopped at a boutique.

"Deer? What are we doing here?" Hearing what he called me I considered it an upgrade from 'ghoul'. Then again he can't really address me like that of civilians were around.

Unbuckling my seatbelt I walk to his side of the car to open the door. "You want this mission to be a success don't you? Well just trust me." Once out the car he shoots me an interesting gaze before follow me into the shop.

"You need a suit." I state.

"But I'm already wearing one. What's wrong with this one?"

"How do I say ... you have terrible fashion sense and if we were strangers I would be able to tell you were an investigator from the way you wore your suit with those shoes.
His blank expression morphed into one of disbelief. Ignoring it I walk deeper into the shop until I go d what I'm looking for.

"What size are you? Never mind just try these and let me see how they look on you. I'm going to find something for me to. Don't worry I'm paying." I say as I push him into a dressing room.

~time skip~

"I can't believe you got me do this!" Mumbling his words Itou stands at my side. A tense hand around my waist.

"I've worked in these settings before so trust me. I know how places like this run things. Just sit and look pretty." Walking into the shop we take a seat at the center table. Itou in a casual tux and me in an elegant blue dress showing off my legs. Ghouls who eat at ghoul restaurants like these generally look at the humans sitting at a table like a menu. And right at the center is tonight's main entree.

As the people start to trickle down a waiter brings over a bottle of champagne. "Complimentary bottle on the house." He pours us two drinks and leaves. Itou raises his brow silently questioning the action.

Bringing the glass to my lips I see the waiter from the corner of my eye turn around. Taking the chance I dump both of the glasses contents into a nearby plant. I was right. This place is just like my old job. Shakily getting up I stumble over to Itou before I fall back onto the floor.

"Deer!" I hear him yell over the waiter. Good. I think. Play along Itou this mission will be over in less then an hour.

"We have a room in the back she can lay down in." I'm lifted and taken to said room. After a while I hear Itou speak.

"What's the plan deer?" Sitting up I think.

"Small restaurants like this are usually linked to another source. Think of it like a factory. The humans are exported from here to the main restaurant like packages." I stop to think about our next course of action. "We obviously can't let them ship us so the next best thing would be to destroy this joint and find out where the shipments are going to."

"I'll call for backup." With that said I lift my dress. "Wait why are you doing that?!" I see Itou look away with the lightest tint of pink on his cheeks. I let a smile slip on my face as I pull my mask out from under my skirt. "Oh."
Slipping my heels off I warn Itou to be silent as I activate my koukaku. Using a sharp scale I start picking the lock. I leave once I hear the click.

"This is from the gentleman at table three." Hearing the same waiters voice I start quickening my pace not wanting another victim to be caught.

~time skip~ 3rd person

A week since the mission and Itou stands in arimas office.

"I noticed you didn't use the shock collar on Ms. Chiyuri." His bosses expression showed he was waiting for an explanation.

"She wasn't a threat sir." He pauses gaining his words. "She was calm, composed and carried out the mission with quick success."

Arima now holding said shock collars remote ever so calmly presses a button. Profanities are soon heard followed by someone stumbling down a flight of stairs.

"Well seeing as how Ms. Chiyuri can be trusted ive been thinking of letting you and her handle this case on her own. You two only stopped one link in the chain so now you have to finish the job." With that cleared Itou takes his leave passing a very angry ghoul on his way out.

~time skip~

Being told she was to depart on a mission the next week Yuri had spent her time getting everything ready. Cooking meals, paying bills, cleaning up, and packing up before her departure. She left leaving a thirty page instruction guide for the quickes.

She bid the squad farewell and handed them the hefty packet of papers before closing the door leaving them with confused faces.

Flipping to a random page Shirazu reads the heading. "How to turn on the washing machine for dummies."

~time skip~ Yuri's pov

Gourmet restaurants are usually in crowded cities to avoid being noticed. So what is one doing on a small town like this. Letting the thought play on my mind I walk around trying to locate the building.

It was broad daylight and the sun was scorching. Looking to the shops around me I decide to enter a small coffee shop. I was pleasantly surprised when the coffee was more then decent. Taking a seat at a booth I quietly listen to the few conversations around me.

"Have you seen those students!! How I'd love to ride that c-" the rest of that statement is muffled by what I assume was their friend. I tune it out and listen to another.

"She just up and vanished. I remember the amount of blood at the crime scene. What could have happened to her?" A lonely woman sits at a table mumbling to herself. Best to leave her be.

"Cross academy has been on our radar ever since that attack three years back involving that ghoul." My interest peaks as I keep listening. Could the gourmet restaurant chain be linked to this. It's a small lead but one none the less. Listening closer to the more vague then before conversation I find out a school nearby is hiring special security. They leave at separate times and that's when I notice the weapons lining each of their coats. It only raised my suspicions as I hear them leave.

Paying I walk out seeing the sky darkening.

Riiing

Fidgeting to find the source of the call I find my phone with the caller ID displaying the name 'bastard'.

"Hello Itou." I chime awaiting his response.

"How dare you leave without me! This is because of that shock collar incident a few days ago isn't it!" He calms down a bit after that statement. "Just know I'll be there in a few days so don't do anything stupid." He hangs up and a scoff putting the phone away. At least at this distance he can't shock me. I start yawning as walk towards a nearby forest.

______________________________________

A/N

My phone has been freezing so this update took a little longer. Sorry for the wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 2.8K 33
After the large scale fight against the Ghouls of Anteiku, the CCG and later the Aogiri Tree. Many Ghouls left the wards and headed out to more seclu...
195 3 16
The nura's had twins that they loving named yoma and suri they looked a lot like kayla kuran at least that's what their grandmother Naomi said (Yoma...
8.9K 291 15
For years nothing changed, but that takes a turn when new vampires appear at Cross Academy. Kaname now knows what it is like to endure pain. For week...
8.1K 423 18
Mizuki Cross is a hotheaded individual with the calm Kaname Kuran consistently over her shoulder. She's been feeling strange around him, but knowing...