Risky Love (Urban Romance)

By PorchaDion24

Vanessa Weathers convinced herself, she was and will ever be a lesbian. She has never remotely found men appe... More

Character List
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Fr Fr Chapter Seven 🤗
Chapter Eight
A/N
Chapter Nine-Part One
Chapter Nine-Part Two
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
CHAPTER 13

Chapter Three

452 15 7
By PorchaDion24

❤️I'll Pretend if I Have To❤️

Harley stood there in total disbelief. She couldn't believe the course of events that had played out in the front of her. How could somebody she haven't seen or spoken to in two years corrupt her way of thinking?

"Was he right do I still love him?" Was the only question she could ask herself.

She sat on the edge of her desk with several different emotions. Anger, pain, and most of all confusion. She knew that she couldn't let him affect her especially after she said she wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. Was that what she really wanted or was that a lie she was feeding herself? Her mind and heart was at odds and she didn't know what to do or even how to feel. Deep in thought, she hadn't realize her phone was vibrating. She was a little hesitant to look at the phone until she rambled through her purse and seen her best friend Vanessa name pop up regarding a text.

Second fav spot in twenty. I need an ear.

Harley eyebrows knitted in confusion but she straighten the clutter on top of her dress with out question after sending a quick reply.

Vanessa and Harley went back years before they made a name for themselves. Harley was a couple years older than Vanessa, so Vanessa always looked up to Harley. Even though they always had that go getter mentality they were as different as night and day. Harley was always laid back and and a realist. Vanessa on the other hand was goofy and very optimistic. These two friends were more like sisters and the bond they shared couldn't be inseparable. Until one day they had a big disagreement which resulted to them not talking for two years.

But all the craziness that had been occurring in Harley life through the year, she was grateful for Vanessa.

Har was glad that she didn't have to go through this alone because all she needed was a listening ear and a reassuring hug. Mason had entirely ruined her chipper mood and she had a feeling Vanessa could relate. The only problem is Vanessa didn't have a clue about Mason and Harley's history. Their history was during the time Harley and Vanessa split.

She didn't know where to begin if she was to open that door and spill all the bullshit she went through with Mason. Harley fought hard  to withhold her "take no shit" attitude for everyone including her best friend. She had been riding Vanessa back her entire relationship with Siya, scolding her for being a fool when no too long ago, she had been Vanessa. Harley huffed and took a deep breath to gather herself together. Thinking of Mason and her past almost brought her to tears but she didn't dare let them to fall from her eyes.

She grabbed her paper work and slid them into her desk, slid back on her 5 inch pumps and grabbed her tote proceeding out the door. This was odd for Harley assistant who never seen her leave work early but she knew the way she marched pass her, she wasn't in the mood to be questioned.

The drive was quiet but her mind was full of thoughts that she couldn't control. Trevor was a great man so why did she suddenly feel so cold towards a man she cared dearly about? They had plans later on throughout the week, but she didn't know if she wanted to suffer being around him knowing she had mixed feelings.

Trying to shift her focus, Harley shoots a quick text to Vanessa to see if she had made it to one of their favorite restaurants. She pulled into El Cado, an Italian restaurant, they've gone to for a little under a year. On her way inside, Harley feel the vibration from her phone, she held tightly in one hand and her tote bag in the other. She slides the unlock key on her IPhone to unlock her phone. Vanessa replied saying she was three minutes away and to order their drinks. Harley chuckled and playfully rolled her eyes knowing that could only mean one thing. Vanessa was actually ten minutes away and if it wasn't already obvious, she wanted something a little strong before she spilled this crazy tea to her girl.

The waitress seated Harley at a booth near the window and she proceeded to order their normal drinks. Vanessa wasn't much of a drinker so she would always get something light. Har ordered her a strawberry mojito, but for herself she craved a stiff drink so she ordered a shot of Remy, her favorite escape that got her through it all.

Vanessa finally arrived and saw Harley sitting at a booth in the back of the restaurant. Vanessa slid in and tapped her best friend on the shoulder startling her. They didn't speak everyday due to their busy schedules, but when they did get together it was like they never was apart.

"Hey babes how are you?" Har smiled as she got up from her seat and embraced Vanessa.

"Girl I was okay until somebody decided to pay me a visit and fuck up my day" Vanessa said as she rolled her eyes. She slid from aside Harley and into her seat on the opposite side of the booth.

"Wait are you talking about Siya?"Har said as she sipped her Remy ready for this tea that her best friend was about to spill to her.

"Yes Har she came and showed her ass at my fucking place of business" Vanessa complained with irritation as she sipped her mojito.

"Girl are you serious?" Harley knew that Siya was going to come back she just didn't know if Vanessa was going to fall back in her trap. Harley was well aware of the hold Siya had on Vanessa and maybe still does. Only time will tell.

"Yes girl Siya decided to pay me a visit today and showed her ass." Vanessa rubbed her temple in frustration.

"Bitch I'm a need for you to go in more detail" Harley demanded as she put her iPhone on silent and slid it into her purse.

"One of these no life having motherfuckers is reporting my life to Siya. She came and was asking me about Malik, like that's any of her fucking business. Then had the fucking nerve to say she made me" Vanessa said as she was waving her finger back in forth.

"I mean I knew Siya was going to come back, she see that your not paying her any attention and now she wants that old thing back" Harley said as she rolled her eyes.

"Girl I knew that too. I just really want her to leave me alone and let me be happy. I mean she got several hoes and not once did I ever step to her about shit. So don't step to me about my man." Vanessa said as she checked her phone making her face light up.

"Okay so who is this guy that got your face  lighting up?. Because last time I checked you was single and gay as hell". Harley asked finally comprehending the girl she knew for years actually found men attractive. Harley sat shocked to know that Vanessa was in relationship and surprisingly with a dude at that. Everyone who had the pleasure of not of meeting her, knew how much Vanessa loved women.

"His name is Malik. I met him a few months back at my birthday bash and we been rocking ever since" Vanessa said as she was looking through the menu purposely avoiding her girl's eyes. Harley smiled catching on to Vanessa resistance to look her in the eyes.

"So you finally crossed over. You finally let a man dig into your insides?" Harley teased her best friend as she sipped some of her alcoholic beverage.

Vanessa laughed for the first time since she arrive at her silly friend's comment. Vanessa knew she would let her live this down but she would agree that now she finally seen why so many girls were sprung like a mother on dick.

"Fuck you hoe." Vanessa continued laughing as Harley joined in.

"So what's going on with you?" Vanessa said now placing her attention on her girl.

"I mean work is going fine, my relationship is great, and I love my life right now". Harley said sarcastically. She did not want to speak of Mason. She wasn't ready and she wasn't sure if she ever would.

"Girl be serious for once". Vanessa said through gritted teeth throwing Harley a knowing look.

"Okay dang well like I said work is great but my love life is kind of hectic" Harley said as she took the last sip of her drink.

"What do you mean hectic? Is Trevor cheating because you know I'll shoot his ass"Vanessa said as she gave Harley the side eye. Harley sighed and turned her head to look out the window.

"Damn you think so negative. No he treats me good bestie maybe I'm just bugging. At times I just feel like he's too perfect". Harley said as ran her fingers through her curly bob turning her attention back to her best friend.

"You sound crazy as fuck, you have a good man that treasures the ground you walk on. There's no way you should be doubting your relationship at all. You tripping". Vanessa said as she looked at her best friend in confusion.

"I said you was right bestie I'm bugging. From all the niggas in my past I should be honored to have him in my corner". Harley said as she nodded her head in agreement with her best friend. Harley only agreed to keep Vanessa from prying further into her business. She knew now if Mason knew where she worked, he would be back and her life would slowly start spiraling out of control. So for now she would smile and enjoy the calmness in the atmosphere as she engaged in pointless gossip and memories with one of her favorite people in the world.

Vanessa and Harley finished there lunch date and said their goodbyes before parting ways and continuing on with there everyday lives.

We're sorry for the delay. My lovely sister Labelle is taking the blame lol.
But here is our fourth chapter. Hope you love it. Don't forget to comment, vote and share.

Comments on Harley and Vanessa?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698 23 8
Love? What is love? Some say it's a selfish thing that makes people use you and your emotions , others say it's one of the best experience in life. B...
74.4K 2.9K 82
He straightens his posture, his tone is even, voice calm and his eyes soften. "If," he raises a finger at me, slows his speech slightly and enunciate...
631K 25.1K 52
Completed | We've all been tempted by the forbidden... When Harper Lewis agreed to marry Ryan Hale to save her family's business, she wasn't expectin...
278K 9.9K 54
Ladies and gentlemen Meet Mystery Davidson, classy, average African American teenager with a fun, cute side and a bad side if pushed. She finds herse...