Summer with The Bad Boy

By Tori98

"We're going to send you to a behaviour camp. 'It's called Cormac Camp for Youth's." I was ready to faint. ... More

Introduction *PLEASE READ!*
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 [Josh's POV]
Chapter 27: [Josh's POV 2]
Chapter 28 [Josh's POV 3]
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue

Chapter 15

45.5K 867 151
By Tori98

Author's Note: Chapter dedicated to ReillyMellark :) 

Chapter 15

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The world is spinning around me. The guards and staff that just burst through the door are only a blur. The olny thing clear to me is the lifeless body of Josh Walker, laying in front of me. His slumped face in bloody and bruised. The screams around me are almost mute but they are still there. I see guards wrestle Jack. They have handcuffed him and I watched as a thin needle disappeared into his arm. Now he, lay, sagged, only he is unconcious, not dead. I feel sick. I've just seen someone bashed to death.

I watch as the blur of guards drag him out, yelling out commands. Then I realise, I'm being evacuated, pushed along out with everyone else. People are still yelling, but their screaming has just become occasional shouts of strong disbelief. 

We continue running up towards the main grounds. I see Mr. Armstrong and Mrs. Wilson, running down. Their emotions are a blur to me but I can make them out. Stressed. Sick. Worried. Even though this place is for bad kids. I don't think they've ever had a death. I still feel shocked, though I new it was real. I didn't doubt it for a moment. I had seen it. Everything. 

Before I know it, all of our group, minus Jack, Josh, Penny and Michael, are standing out front of the food hall. Martha stayed with us. She's keeping Riley, Addie and I in her arms. Other kids comfort each other or just stand alone, still shocked themselves. 

The group that was occupying the food hall is now staring at us. One of their leaders come out, panicking and asks what's wrong. Martha has tears streaming down her face and she can't get the words out. She doesn't want to say it in front of everyone. She pulls the woman behind the side of the building. I hear her gasp, almost scream, then there are tears of hysteria from her. Its even the thought of someone killing someone just then. 

The woman has gone back into the food hall. Though, I think she didn't tell them what really happened, because they are not all that shocked. They look just afraid, because they would be used to fights, though if everyone out here is upset about it, they obviously assume its pretty bad then. 

We've all be escorted back to our cabins with our group leader. Martha decides to take everyone back to mine and Addie's cabin. It's only then I realise Morgan. She is crying hysterically. First she was upset because he broke up with her, and now. . .he's. . .dead. I had wet eyes too. Everyone did. 

We are sitting there, not talking. It's almost silence, except for the ambulance and police sirens wailing loudly. We can hear more shouts but they disappear towards the storage hall. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

We've been sitting in our cabin for almost two hours now. Martha was trying to comfort us but her emotions could not be controlled. So instead, we all just laid down. 

I woke up an hour later. A light sheet was spread out over me. I sit up. My head is absolutely throbbing. So bad, I clutch it when I sit up. I see that everyone else is asleep except for Martha, who is sitting in a chair, looking out the window. She notices me and manages a smile. It's been three hours since the accident. She summons me over and I sit in the chair next to her, the sheet still wrapped around me. 

"He was a such a nice boy," she whispers. A tear falls from her face. 

I don't say anything. I'm only thinking about how she was kind of right. But I immediately regret being horrible to him. He's gone now and I can't aplogise. I burst into tears. Martha is squeezing my hand. 

"I was so horrible to him,' I sob. 'He only tried to help him but I used the things he did to me, against him."

"It's alright,' she says, 'he wouldn't have thought bad of you." 

There's a long pause before she continues. 

"He was such a bad boy,' she gently chuckles, 'but he was such a good one." She chuckles again, this time at her confusing statement. He was a bad but good boy. It somewhat made sense. 

"He liked to joke," I say. 

"He was innocent," she replies. 

That, I agree. Then I think how just falling into the water wasn't so bad. I complained over something so small. He only got a little water on me, and I was so upset about that? The only thing I could really be upset about is Jack. Now he'd be sent to jail. 

"It was so sudden," I say. 

Martha only nods. 

"That Jack will be taken care off," she says harshly. 

Then she looks at me. 

"Go back and lay down. We'll only be waiting."

I nod softly and go back to the bed. I lay back down. I'm still exhausted. Hopefully some extra sleep will get rid of this headache. . . . 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

When I wake up, it's rather dark outside. Everyone around me is alsleep. They could have woken up and gone back to sleep as well. Martha is no where in sight. Though, then I notice a letter on the beside table. 

Girls, 
I have been asked to go down with Mr. Armstrong.
Please wait in the cabin. I have left some food for you.
Everything will be fine.
Martha.  

I look over to a basket of light snacks. I a packet of biscuits, and stuff one in my mouth, before going into the bathroom and taking a long drink from the sink. My head has becone a little better. 

Soon, everyone is awake, and we're eating and drinking. Brittney and her group are in the corner, while Morgan is on one bed and Addie and I on another. 

"It's my second day, and this happens," she says. 

I feel really sorry for her. She must think this place is really bad. 

"That doesn't happen everyday,' I reply quickly. 'It's just the time you come at."

"I only spoke to him once. He was nice."

I only nod.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

It's six pm by the time Martha comes back. She's running up to the door. It bursts open with a bang. More tears have been streaming down her face. I stand up, wondering what else has happened. My heart is pounding as I wait for an answer. 

"Josh. . . ' she stutters. . .he's been taken in the ambulance. . 'he's, he's. . he's not dead."

I burst into tears, and so does Morgan. Martha has continued her crying. 

"But- but I saw him," I sob. 

Martha is holding me in her arms. 

"He was close to it,' she says. 'Just knocked out very bad. He's in a very critical condition though." 

My stomach twists into impossible knots. What if he was in a coma? Or. . brain damaged? I quickly peer at Martha. 

"He doesn't have brain damage?" I ask.

She swallows and looks ahead. I try to pull from her grip but she's holding too tight in fear. 

"They don't know yet," she whispers. 

That was probably a cover up. He could have brain damage, he, was, after all in a critical condition. 

"He'll be fine,' she says. 'Just. . .fine."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's been exactly one week. We recieved news daily about how everything is going. He's struggling to improve or heal. Though, he doesn't have any brain damage thank god. He had bad bruising that may last for months. He needs extra blood inserted and he had a cracked nose and a broken jaw. All his gums were cut inside too. Then he had all the open cuts on his face too. Armstrong assures us he'll be okay. And as for Jack. He's been held in some detention centre with the police for the time being. I'm glad he was gone. 

Every activity has been slow and boring. No one bothers to put in any effort or happiness. We all understand each other's feelings. We'd be given occasional breaks and finish early and start later. 

I've been feeling stuck for the last week. So I ask Martha something I never thought I'd do. 

"Can you take me to see him?" I ask her. 

She's hesitant at first. 

"Please?" I say. 

She had to talk to Mr. Armstrong about it. He rang the hosipital and they said yes, only one. Apparently he was awake but barely talking. I tell Addie I'd be back soon. Martha takes me in a small car. It's not long to the hospital. Martha waits in the sitting room. A short and chubby nurse takes me by the arm. 

"Are you his girlfriend?" She asks, a smile across her face. 

I look at her in annoyed surprise. 

"No, I just know him," I say. 

"Well,' I'm sure that boy get's all the girls! Even under all that injured face, I can see the beauty of that hunk!" 

I scoff to myself. That's right! He gets all the girls! 

She slows down her pace when we are near his door. 

"He's in here," she says gently.

She pushes it open and lets me go in.

"I'll just be out here if you need me," she says. 

With that she closes the door and I'm here by myself, other than the silent boy before me. I'm hesitant at first. He looks in so much pain. He has stitches and tape. His bruises a black and his jaw swollen. His closed eye lids are puffy with the swelling too. I bite my lip. I walk toward him and sit in the chair. I wasn't going to wake him up, of course not. He was in so much pain and deserved sleep. I look at his innocent and soft face for several minutes. The nurse is quite right. Under all that damage, I see his innocence. I feel bad. I grab his hand. It has a few specks of dried blood on it. His hand his warm and soft and I'm glad to be holding it. With just that move, I feel him squirm slightly. I can see and hear him trying so hard to inhale but it's too painful. It takes him several minutes to wake up propery. He opens his eyes slowly and i'm hoping he see's me. He does but I don't think he believes it at first. Then he really knows I'm there. 

"Scarlett?" He calls. He winces. Talking would cause him too much pain. 

He tries to lift his neck but puts it back down. 

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

He frowns. 

"Sore," he laughs, but even that is painful. 

"I suppose it would be hard to talk with a broken jaw," I smile. 

He smiles too, but it's quick before he has to relax again. He tries to inhale again. I go to stand up, ready to call for the nurse but his grip around my hand tightens. 

"No. . I'm fine," he says.

I sit back down and his grip goes back to how it was before. I don't want to remind him about Jack, so I don't say anything about the fight. Only, he does. 

"What. . .what happened t-to Jack?" He asks. 

I swallow before answering. 

"They put a needle in him. . .he's at some detention centre," I reply. 

He tries to nod. 

"You're my first visitor," he says. 

Well, I sort of knew that. 

"Though, heaps of girls were trying to come."

I manage a laugh. 

"Of course they were. Even the nurse has something for you!"

He gives a slight laugh. It's the best he can do.

While I'm there, I help him eat. Spooning him food and helping him sip water. He can only have liquid foods. I talk to him about anything, and just keep telling him he'll be alright. He moves his mouth, splitting the cut on his lip slightly. I see a small trickle of blood. I quickly grab a tissue from the beside table and dab it. He look at me while I do. I try to avoid his gaze.      

I realise I've been there for about an hour and a half. I wondered what Martha has been doing.

"Martha says she'll be seeing you later," I say.

Soon, there is a knock and the nurse comes in.

"Mr. Walker will need his rest now," she says. She leaves the room. 

I want to tell her to shut up and going away but I knew I couldn't. I rise giving his hand another squeeze. His tightens even more than before. He can't let go. I can't escape. I cup his cheek, being careful not to put too much pressur on it. Before I know it, I'm leaning down, though it's not toward his mouth. Instead, I kiss, just higher than his cheek. I kiss his cheek bone, on one of the many black bruises, just underneath his left eye. There, he let's go and I'm gone. 

"Scarlett," he croaks. 

"I'll. . .I start. "I hope you feel better," is all I can say. 

I'm back at in the waiting room. Martha is asking me how he is when we walk back toward the car. My thoughts are muddled though. I'm not in love with him. . .I don't think but now, I consider him a close friend. Not an enemy. 

"He's much better," I say. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
A very nice chapter :)
Please comment, vote and fan!!
THANKS FOR THE READS!!

Tori98.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

608K 7.5K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
182K 7K 50
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other
256K 6.1K 18
They met through detention, but it was a passion of racing and motorbikes that brought this couple together. When Hayden finds out that the mysteriou...
399K 9.4K 45
Copyright © 2014 by casey pascoe. All rights reserved * * * One mistake and he is forced to spend one hour a day with her. Ugh. One mistake and sh...