The End of Summer

By makeandoffer

Summer Jacobs knew full well about her town’s tradition. Every year at the end of the summer, a party would b... More

The End of Summer
Chapter 2- 'The boy had stuck his penis in more holes than a master key.'
Chapter 3-'Give me half an hour and I'll be in more than just your system.'
Chapter 4- 'I hope Sophie Green gave you the clap.'
Chapter 5- 'There's a fine line between wing manning & pimping someone out.'
Chapter 6- 'I don't know it's just wrong. Like kicking a puppy.'
Chapter 7- 'Right now someone's 'do-ability' was the last thing on my mind.'
Chapter 8- 'You two are one more slap away from getting pregnant.'
Chapter 9- 'How, and I repeat, HOW are you playing Twister right now?'
Chapter 10- 'That would go down about as well as a nun.'
Chapter 11- 'Holy crap, did I just name our knife?'
Chapter 12- 'This man did not have moments, he had pregnancy scares.'
Chapter 13- 'Frankie, not in front of the people who have penises!'
Chapter 14- 'Running off like Lassie isn't going to help anything is it?'
Chapter 15- 'Five minutes ago you were riding me like a Shetland Pony.'
Chapter 16- 'You know for a ginger, you're actually quite soulful.'
Chapter 17- 'You blew his mind. Amongst other things.'
Chapter 18- 'You would risk getting beat like Rihanna to protect us?'
Chapter 19- 'No seriously, I looked up at the sky and winked at Jesus.'
Chapter 20- 'Keep Watch? What are you a Cowboy?'
Chapter 21- 'No one must ever know about Dry Hump Gate.'
Chapter 22- 'I think I've got Morgan Freeman on here somewhere...'
Chapter 23- 'Honesty really does cleanse the soul.'
Chapter 24- 'Only death can stop a monster.'
Chapter 25- 'I'd be useless in a brawl. Unless I crawl and bite his ankle.'
Chapter 26- 'I swear my ass started sweating from the mention of it.'
Chapter 27- 'Who starts a sexy romp with the words 'hop on?'.'
Chapter 28- 'I'm so happy to see that One Direction haircut of yours.'
Chapter 29- 'Not a flying ass in hell's chance Pedro.'
Chapter 30- 'Aim for the balls.'
Chapter 31- 'Took you long enough to figure it out sweetheart.'
Chapter 32- 'I was more lost than a priest at a red light district.'
Chapter 33- 'You refused to top and tail because my feet made you sick.'
Chapter 35- 'Your porn fantasies aren't really appropriate right now.'
Chapter 36- 'I said I'd finish it.'
Chapter 37- 'You don't look like an oil painting either Daywalker.'
Chapter 38- 'Any sane person would be halfway to Mexico by now.'
Chapter 39- 'When I get my wheelchair I'm running you all over.'
Chapter 40- 'If she wanted to help, do it with food. Every amateur knows that.'
Chapter 41- 'My house is more lit up than 4/20.'
Chapter 42- 'Talk about a boner killer.'
Chapter 43- 'Patience is not one of my virtues Pretty Boy.'
Chapter 44- 'Hoy crap, I just poked my way to survival.'
Chapter 45- 'Summer's officially over.'

Chapter 34- 'What do you think, is this enough for us?'

219K 8.3K 6.1K
By makeandoffer

A/N: thank you to happilycookie for the awesome banner!

Right guys I know this is a short chapter. It was meant to be part of the last chapter but i knew if i posted this part with the last, then the whole thing about Archie and Alex would have just been looked straight over and that part is important to the story because i want people i realise just how close the two brothers actually are and how much they care for each other. If they weren't, what happened with Roger's death just wouldnt have been as big. 

So yeah enjoy this one.

--

The look Archie was giving his older brother right now was one I had not seen in a while, if ever.

He was looking at Alex like he owed him the world, and if you think about it he did.

Alex’s actions that night were what allowed Archie to be the boy he was today. It allowed him to live his life normally, not have to carry around the scar of what someone like Roger can give to you.

“The scumbag got everything he deserved.” The words came out of my mouth before I knew they were going to, but once they did I realised how much I meant them.

Bradley's jaw clenched as he stared at me.

“That scumbag was my father. He was anything but.” Bradley hissed in my direction, before pointing at Alex “You believe that little story? The truth is he sat there and watched my father die. After he got his kicks, he went straight back to sleep like nothing happened. If that doesn’t scream ‘psychopath’ then I don’t know what does.”

“You.” Archie said without a hesitation.

Bradley breathed one laugh at this, shaking his head at his former best friend’s hatred towards him.

Suddenly, the message on the board when we found Tally dead in the classroom flashed back to me.

Choose your friends closely.

At one point, Bradley and Archie were best friends. He knew because of the wire on Kevin that we would be the ones going back out to look for the laptop, so he knew Archie would be the one reading that message. Hell I was friends with the kid back when we were younger, neither myself nor Archie had chosen our friends carefully.

Kevin was included in that statement. I didn’t know if he was included because I had chosen to trust him, or because he had chosen to align himself with Bradley. That part still wasn’t clear.

Once that little mystery was solved in my head, another one began to wrap itself up. That song, the one from Pretty Little Liars he played down the speaker when he killed the Principal.

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Those words made so much sense now, because I knew that those ‘two’ the song was referring to was in fact Roger and Alex. Look where Roger was now.

The secret had been kept, and it was for the exact reason that one of them was dead.

Archie glued his eyes to Alex “I don’t know what to say man.”

Alex smiled “There’s nothing to say. Don’t thank me; you would have done the same thing.”

Archie thought about his brother’s words “A hundred times over.”

“I know you would, and for once it wasn’t you who had to look out for me.” Alex said, and I knew he felt bad about that. The responsibility that was pushed on Archie as Alex got worse I think was something he will always feel guilty about.

“Oh isn’t this fucking touching.” Bradley let out a breath of annoyance.

“If it makes you feel any better, I thought the day he died everything would get better. I thought once he was gone everything would go back to normal. I thought about ending that slimy little prick’s life so many times over in my head, and each time I thought about it I felt happy.” Alex explained to Bradley, but as he said the next thing he looked far from happy “Actually doing it though wasn’t anywhere near as satisfying as I dreamed it would be.”

“Because you know you had no f*cking reason to.” Bradley spat, and Alex shook his head calmly.

“No, he deserved everything and more. The reason I felt bad was because I thought I had sunk to his level. Just like he had over the years, I sat there and watched someone else slowly die.”

My stomach sank as I heard his words. Alex’s wasn’t dead physically, but mentally I think we all knew he passed away a long time ago.

“Over the years it got worse and worse. He would be everywhere, at school, at home. Every time I heard someone wake up in the middle of the night for a piss I thought he had come back for me. We went on holiday once and they were playing songs by the bar in the hotel and that one came on. His song.” Alex remembered, and my mouth fell open as I did also.

That holiday we all went to when Archie and I were eleven years old. Alex was fifteen and by this point he would have already killed Roger. The day he went missing and our dad’s found him in the middle of a shop having a full on breakdown. As I remembered the one he had before he confessed what he had done to Roger, it suddenly fitted very well and I had a pretty good idea why my dad was so disturbed after finding him like that.

Alex stared into space; God knows what thoughts running through his head.

“You never know what people are capable of. You never know what you’re capable of until it comes down to it.” He uttered the words that he had already said tonight when he was talking about our parent’s affair.

It dawned on me that he was not only talking about them, or Roger. He was talking about himself.

“I found him.” Bradley hissed through gritted teeth “I found him the next morning.”

Alex tilted his head as he looked at Bradley “You saw didn’t you?”

Bradley looked on, running his tongue over his top teeth before nodding.

“Yeah, I saw what happened that night. I heard people shouting in the hallway and got up. I opened my bedroom door slightly and saw you and my dad arguing about something. I saw you push him, and then I saw you sit at the top of the stairs to admire your work.” Bradley admitted bitterly “As I said before though, with that brilliant back story of how you were pushed to the extreme it really puts you in a good light.”

Bradley had obviously missed the beginning of Alex and Roger’s encounter that night. Of course all he would see was Alex pushing his father down a flight of stairs. Maybe if he had opened his door a few minutes earlier, we would not have been sat there having this conversation.

“If you knew all this time, why didn’t you tell the police?” Archie finally spoke.

I noticed Miss Vines and Kevin turn their heads to look at Bradley; I think both of them curious as to the answer of this question.

“I was thirteen years old. I had just watched one of my friends push my father down a flight of stairs. I had no idea what to say to them, I didn’t know whether what I saw was just a fucking dream for the first few months.” Bradley admitted, before letting out a laugh “Either that or I knew on some level I wanted to make you pay for what you did in my own way.”

“Is this enough for you?” Alex asked Bradley, and I wondered the same thing. Was this enough of a punishment in his eyes.

Bradley’s mouth turned up into a grin, before he made a thinking face and placed his index finger and thumb onto his chin as he thought it over.

“Hmm, I don’t really know to be honest…” He turned his head to the right and looked up “What do you think is this enough for us?”

My eyes drifted to where he was looking, as did everyone else’s in the room.

Miss Vines looked down at him, a smirk rising at her lips.

All fear fell from her face. She was no longer crying, and I realised I was too wrapped up in Alex’s story to notice she hadn’t been crying for a while.

“Personally?” Miss Vines smiled at Bradley. She lifted the hem of her top up to reveal her stomach, before reaching behind her. She made a pained face as she pulled the Cellotape off of her back “I don’t think we’re even close to done here.”

Bradley raised his brows and held his hands up in defence “Whatever you say.”

Once she had peeled off the rest of the Cellotape, she grabbed the wire that was stuck to her stomach and held it up for us to see “These things are extremely itchy after a while.”

She tossed the wire onto the ground, and it landed almost next to the one that Bradley had ripped off of Kevin’s chest earlier. Miss Vines let out a breath of air, rubbing her hands together before she walked to Bradley and took the knife out of his hand. She turned to look at our dumfounded expressions with the faintest hint of a smirk at her lips.

“He killed our dad. We are far from fucking finished.”

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 1.3K 44
[Story under a heavy edit] People react differently to death, and losing people they hold dear in their hearts, Jimin was no different. When one of...
501 21 19
All Lola wanted to do was have fun so when her best friends Logan and Zoe brought up the school trip to some dusty old house of course she was bored...
2.7M 96.1K 37
He hissed as the alcohol touched his bleeding wound and he grabbed my hand. His touch ignited a flame and I knew that later I might have to treat mys...
G&T Based By ♆Jimmy♆

Mystery / Thriller

1.7K 257 123
Meet Kyle and Kate, two 15 year old students who have a gift for thinking fast, quick, and smart. Oh, and meet the other 18 kids in their class. Some...