The Unexpected (A Tony Stark...

By AprilRenton

The great Tony Stark has had many affairs and never had to pay any consequences for them. But this isn't his... More

Live, Love, Laugh;and Above All: Sarcasm
Blood
Jeopardy
Salt(y) and Pepper
Magic or Manipulation?
Welcome Home?
The Room for Royalty
Cheese and Chats
I Did Say "Above All: Sarcasm" Didn't I?
The Mark Problem
Friendly Faces
Authors Note
Basketball is for Boys
Meet and Freak
The Elevator Exile
Home of the Brave
The Parent Trap?
The Unexpected End

Escapade or Escape?

22.3K 413 413
By AprilRenton

Previously:
"Your dad is..." she took a deep breath. "Tony Stark."

I blinked and felt Kayden jerk beneath me.

"What? The billionaire who lives in New York?" Kayden asked considering I was at a loss for words.

She nodded. "The genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, heartthrob."

I mentally groaned. This could not be happening. He was an alcoholic who didn't care about anything except his work and he had no dedication to any human being. And to top it all off, this nurse had a crush on him.

"So what happens now?" I managed to find my voice and ask.

The nurse came back to earth and lost the dreamy look in her eye.

"Well we are required to send you to live with him because he is your father and you don't have any other family members."

I was about to respond when I noticed two police officers appear in the doorway behind her.

"What's going on?" I was immediately defensive and Kayden grasped my hand.

She turned around and saw the officers. "They're here to escort you back to your house to pack your things."

"I'm leaving now?!"

"You can't just take her!"

"We can't keep you here and you can't live by yourself. So yes, they're here to escort you to your house to gather your things, and then the airport where you will fly to New York."

I immediately wanted to refuse, but I knew there was no escaping from here. The only door was blocked by two policemen, the bathroom obviously had no way out, and the window would offer me a 10 story drop down to the oh so squishy pavement. So I just nodded.

"Hey you're going to be okay. You can call me everyday and rant and rave about how either awesome or awful life is with him."

"I'm moving across the country Kayden. A new school. A new house. A new life. All with some man I've never even met before."

He cupped my face in his hands as he looked me in the eyes, and for a moment I thought he was going to kiss me.

"You are going to be fine. You know how I know that?"

"Because that's what you're required to say to someone who has their world flipped upside down?"

He smiled a small smile. "Well maybe that's part of it. But you are brave and strong. You are one of the most amazing people I have ever met and you have NEVER let anything stop you. That's one of the things I admire most about you. You're not a damsel in distress. You're stronger than that. You're that girl that every guy hopes for, but gives up on finding because they think a girl like that doesn't exist. But yet here you are. Smarter and more stunning than any guy could ever imagine. I feel insanely lucky to be able to call you my girlfriend. You are strong, you are brave, and you are beautiful. Don't let anyone try and tell you any different."

He leaned in and kissed my forehead. When he went to lean back, I pulled him into one of my very few hugs. He immediately began hugging me back.

"I'm going to miss you Kayden. I don't want to say goodbye."

He rubbed the small of my back. "Then don't. You're going to see me again soon okay? And until then, call me as many times as you want."

The nurse walked over and changed my bandages. Kayden embraced me one more time in his arms whispering in my ear,

"You'll always be in my heart April."

He let go of me and with one final look back at him I walked between the two officers out of the hospital.

If you still are stuck on details people well it was a very awkward car ride. We didn't talk at all and they didn't play any music so that was extremely boring. We arrived at my house and I walked in to pack my things while they waited out in the car. As I walked towards my bedroom I realized that the house seemed emptier. Almost eerily quiet. I took everything in as I realized this would be the last time I would be here. Now that I had to go live with the narcissistic and arrogant man that was my alleged father. I arrived in my room and began packing everything that I could fit in a duffel bag and backpack. I moved the curtain on my window slightly and saw that the cop was still in the passenger seat. I couldn't see the driver seat from this angle but I would take my chances. I grabbed my stuff and raced down the stairs. I ripped open the back door and took off in a mad dash for the woods behind my house. Well that was the plan before I was suddenly side tackled to the ground by a large blue mass. I got a mouthful of dirt, which contrary to popular belief is not delicious or nutritious. I tried to struggle away from whoever was on top of me by kicking and hitting, and yes even biting. However the man somehow managed to grab both my wrists and handcuff them behind my back. He held my wrists fast against my back and had a knee in my spinal column, making it very uncomfortable to move. I stopped thrashing and the pressure was slowly released from my back. His hand remained locked around my one arm as he yanked me to my feet. I made quite the show of spitting out the dirt in my mouth right towards his shoe. Too bad he had quick reflexes and was able to move his foot in time. He snatched my duffle from the ground and shoved me towards the front of the house and cop car. I didn't resist him. I knew my plan to escape had failed and that I was stuck with going to the devil's house. He opened the back door of the squad car and made me look at him.

"Are we gonna have any more problems?"

I bit my lip hard to keep back my sarcastic comment and just shook my head no.

"Good." He took off my handcuffs and handed me the duffle bag. "Get in the car."

I tossed my duffle and backpack into the car before jumping in after them. I stared at my lap as he slammed the door shut and hopped behind the wheel.

"You were right. She tried to run."

Are they seriously going to talk about me when I'm literally right behind them?

"Told ya. I saw that look in her eyes at the hospital. The look of your world being flipped upside down and you're too scared to face the new one. And the way she was with that boyfriend of hers, she wasn't just gonna leave him. They care about each other too much to just go their seperate ways."

I really wanted to punch him. It was just metal wire separating us not a thick cement wall.

Ooooo I'd really like to beat my head against one of those right about now.

The rest of the drive was silent and I just stared out the window through the metal bars. I saw the sign on the highway for the airport and sat up a little straighter. It took about five minutes for us to reach the airport. The passenger side cop (the one that thinks I'm deaf, not the one that side tackled me) got out and unlocked the door. I hopped out of the car with my bags and followed the cop inside. We went to airport security where the cop began talking with one of the men. Stuff about which flight I was on and other crap that I tuned out. The cop finally tapped my shoulder to get my attention.

"This is Dave. He will be responsible for you until you board the plane. I assured him you wouldn't be any trouble." He gave me a pointed look which I just barely managed to refrain returning with an eye roll. He then handed me an envelope. "This is to be opened on the plane. Once the flight has landed another man named Jeff will be there watching to make sure you find whoever it is that is picking you up. Do not try and run or you will be caught. Am I clear?"

I nodded and looked at the envelope in my hand. It was a simple white envelope that you might receive in the mail any day. And yet I felt like it was the prologue to my new life.

I followed Dave towards the terminal and we sat there waiting. It took all of two minutes of an awkward silence before I gave up and pulled out my headphones. I pulled up the wifi and scowled that all the options were locked. It's not like my family had enough money floating around to pay for unlimited data. Although I guess with this new revelation, money isn't exactly a problem. I made sure that Dave wasn't watching me and began to hack into one of the personal hotspots. Those are generally easier to hack and this one was no different. What? I'm smart. Deal with it. I grinned as it unlocked and I was connected to wifi. Thank you waffle_goat73. Seriously there are 73 other waffle_goat 's? Weird. It was about 30 minutes later when I felt Dave tap me. I pulled out an earbud.

"Time to board your flight."

I followed him towards the boarding terminal thingy majig. I handed my ticket to the lady and left Dave behind. I wasn't planning on ditching when I got to New York. I mean I would be hungry by then and why would I ditch free food? It's just not logical. If I decided to run again it would be once I was in my new house. I walked down the teeny aisle and brushed past way too many people to count. I got to my seat and was happy that I had the window seat. I left my earbuds in, even though I couldn't play anything until after we'd taken off. It made it so that people wouldn't try to talk to me and that is why these are the best gift I have ever received. I paid no attention as the flight attendants went over the safety rules. I mean honestly. We are flying over LAND. If we start to crash, we're all dead no matter what precautions we take. The flight took off shortly later and once we were air bound, I took out my phone and couldn't help but hold back a laugh. Waffle_goat73 was on this flight. Go figure. The flight was an estimated 4 hours. Welp time for a nap. And no I'm not giving you details about how uncomfy it is to try and sleep on a plane.

Sorry that I don't have a set updating schedule! I just kinda right when I'm inspired and hope it turns out okay. I know there are a lot of these fanfics out there so I hope you guys like this one. If you guys have any ideas you want to see implemented let me know and I will definitely consider them! That being said I do have some ideas rolling around in my brain that I hope you guys like!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 11.4K 26
Peter Parker was alone. He never expected to find a home, much less a family after May's passing. He made a promise to himself to never become attach...
33.8K 835 23
(readers P.O.V) Being the daughter of the billionaire Tony Stark is all fun and games but what will happen when you skip 10 years older overnight? W...
85.6K 4.2K 30
This is not the cinematic universe or comics. This is my own universe but it may follow the cinematic and comic universes it is not 100% going to fol...
425K 12.1K 33
Being in your last year of university is very financially hard for you. You've been trying to keep perfect grades while also trying to work. But, wha...