flare | JACOB BLACK [2]

By toxiic_hale

"I've changed?" "The good parts of you haven't changed, but the rest of the changes well, they're as noticea... More

~ CAST ~
Prologue
~ ONE ~
~ TWO ~
~ THREE ~
~ FOUR ~
~ FIVE ~
~ SIX ~
~ SEVEN ~
~ EIGHT ~
~ NINE ~
~ TEN ~
~ ELEVEN ~
~ TWELVE ~
~ THIRTEEN ~
~ FOURTEEN ~
~ FIFTEEN ~
~ SIXTEEN ~
~ SEVENTEEN ~
~ EIGHTEEN ~
~ NINETEEN ~
~ TWENTY ~
~ TWENTY ONE ~
~ TWENTY TWO ~
~ TWENTY FOUR ~
~ TWENTY FIVE ~
~ TWENTY SIX ~
~ TWENTY SEVEN ~
~ TWENTY EIGHT ~
~ TWENTY NINE ~
~ THIRTY ~
~ THIRTY ONE ~
~ THIRTY TWO ~
~ THIRTY THREE ~
~ THIRTY FOUR ~
~ THIRTY FIVE ~
~ THIRTY SIX ~
~ THIRTY SEVEN ~

~ TWENTY THREE ~

4.9K 140 25
By toxiic_hale

~~

Edward had asked me if I could begin driving Bella to and from school, in order to provide her with protection. Bella and I didn't live too far from each other, and it would benefit me as well, so I had said yes.

Bella was going to the diner with Charlie today and I drove her to the police station. Drives with Bella were mostly quiet unless she brought up a topic to break the silence.

"Edward got me plane tickets to go to Jacksonville to see my mother." Bella said gently.

"That's good, are you gonna go with him?"

"I want to, but then I don't know. I'm worried that him seeing me with family will change his mind about turning me."

Bella had caught me up on everything that had happened with the Volturi. I remember when she had told me, her voice was so full of shock, and I just sat there acting if I had never heard of the Volturi. Guilt was the only emotion I had felt when she told me everything, because I couldn't tell her everything.

"I don't think he'll change his mind. He has the Volturi on him, after all. I think that's enough to make him go through with it."

With that said, we arrived at the police station. A couple of officers were going down the front steps in a hurry. I was curious as to why there was a hurry, Forks was a very quiet town. Well, it was quiet beyond the world of vampires and werewolves.

Bella and I walked into the station and to Charlie's office. He had just finished talking to a man and woman. Papers were in their hands that matched a paper left on his desk. 'MISSING' headed the paper in big bold letters. Charlie looked down at the paper, stress all over his face. The picture on the missing flyer was of the man who had been missing for awhile in Seattle.

"It's been a year since he's gone missing, and still no leads." Charlie said, gesturing to the paper in front of him. "And there have only been more going missing in Seattle since."

More? I should be expecting a letter from Jane soon if more are going missing.

Bella spoke to Charlie for awhile before I decided to leave. I gave her a subtle "see you later" and went to my car. As I walked out of Charlie's office, I heard my name come from him.

"Why has Avery been driving you everywhere lately?" He asked Bella.

"Um... I just want to spend more time with her." Bella improvised.

"Oh, um, alright then." Charlie said awkwardly, he never seemed to learn how to talk to Bella. "As long as you're not trying to spend more time with Edward."

My phone vibrated as a text message came through, pulling me away from listening in on their conversation. It was from Jasper.

Alice had another vision, Victoria's passing through the treaty line later this week. She thought we could use you and the others on the other side.

Victoria's sudden appearance made me nervous. She wasn't being careful anymore, she was being as direct as possible without hurting anyone. That worried me because it means she's planning something, something big.

...

I called for the pack to meet at La Push to discuss the Victoria issue. I knew they wouldn't be immediately on board with working with the Cullens but there wasn't much of an other option.

"And what if one of them crosses the treaty line?" Paul asked. Of all of us, he was the one who disagreed the most with helping the Cullens.

"They aren't going to, that's why they asked us for help." I explained. By this point Paul was getting on my nerves.

"Alright." He replied. He must've noticed my change in attitude and decided to calm down himself.

"So, at the treaty line at sundown, alright?" I said.

I got some disgruntled affirmatives but chose to ignore them. We that, we all went our separate ways.

"You sure about this, Avery?" Jacob asked after everyone left.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you going to be safe?" He paused and sighed. Whenever Jacob sighed while talking to me I knew I wasn't going to like whatever he was going to say. "I think you should stay home."

"Jacob, I can't just stay home while a vampire is in town."

"Everything will be fine. We can take care of ourselves and Bella is across the country. I just don't want any kind of danger around you."

Jacob was leaning on the hood of my car. I was just a few inches from him, his thumb was running circles on my elbow, while my arms were crossed. He knew I hated the idea, he knew I wanted to say no, he also knew that I couldn't say no to him. I couldn't stand being the reason Jacob was ever slightly upset. He had always told me to stop doing that because "if it made me upset, then it would make him upset."

Nonetheless, I gave in. "Okay, I'll stay home, this one time."

Jacob tried to hide his smirk of joy. "Good, that's one less thing to worry about."

It was great knowing that someone smiled at me being safe. That I was cared about that much.

...

It was getting darker as the minutes passed. More insects began to chirp but, still no Victoria. I was waiting in my car parked on the road closest to the treaty line. I had tried staying home, I really did, but the anxiety was getting to me and I had to be near Jacob. If something had happened to him, and I wasn't there, I'd painfully regret it.

I was listening in using my heightened senses and the wolf telepathy. The pack's thoughts were mostly empty. They were just waiting around for Victoria.

My anxiety kept building as nothing happened. Maybe Victoria knew we were waiting and she was planning something. What if wanted to hurt someone in specific? What if it was Jacob? I was extremely tempted to run out to him with that thought in my mind.

I turned to open my door but jumped in fright as I saw a pair of golden brown eyes looking right at me, it was Jasper. I took a deep breath before facing him again. He was laughing lightly at my reaction. I opened the door to step out and talk to him. We continued our conversation at the front end of my car. The streetlights were the only source light around.

"You didn't tell Jacob I was here, did you?" I asked first.

"No, he would've probably killed me for even knowing you were around."

"How did you know I was here?"

"I was receiving your emotions so, I knew you had to be somewhat close. You should calm down, by the way. The wolves can take care of themselves."

"Oh, so you're saying I'm weak?" I joked.

"No," Jasper laughed. "But I doubt Jacob would do anything that would risk his life. He has someone pretty good to come back to, after all."

I chuckled lightly to fill the silence, being as I didn't know what to say next. But an idea sprung into my head, I should confront Jasper about his feelings towards me. We were alone and there wasn't a chance of anyone coming nearby. It was perfect timing. All I had to do was work up the nerve to ask.

"Hey, um, Jasper." I began. He turned to me with a concerned look. "I need to ask you something and I need you to be completely honest, okay?"

My hands were shaking slightly and my palms became sweaty. I was nervous because I wasn't sure how I would respond to any answer Jasper gave me.

"What is it?" He asked me in a serious tone.

"I think--" I could barely force the words out of my mouth, it was awful. "No, I know you have feel--"

Before I could even process what was happening, Jasper pushed me away. The push was strong and the force of it had me going through the air. My hair got in my face and blocked some of my vision, but I still saw it: the bright red hair.

A/N
So, like theatre and having to memorize lines is taking over my life, im really sorry though. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.8K 2.4K 13
"I Understood Why You Left But We Still Found Our Way Back To Each Other." Book 2 | New Moon
3K 148 22
๐„๐ง๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐.โ€ข*โ˜… "๐–๐š๐ข๐ญ, ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ซ๐ฒ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ '' "๐๐จ, ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๏ฟฝ...
114K 2.1K 46
"I was always shy. I always keep quiet about my feelings but things are different now...i'm different. Thanks to him. He's honestly the best thing th...
26.9K 555 22
[UNDER MINOR EDITING] PREVIOUSLY TITLED "โ„ญ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฏ๐”ฒ๐”ญ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ" ... ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ช...