Loving A Deformity

By PrinceDisabled

Enemies since fifth grade. Cera Johnson despises Alec Rhodes almost as much as he does her. Everyday she's to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 19

284 10 0
By PrinceDisabled

"Cera?" Cera felt a strong hand try to shake her awake. Cera scrunched her face up and groaned in response. "Cera? Come on. Time to get up. Your parents are here." Cera heard Alec say. All she did was move her head to his chest to hear his heart.
"I don't want to!" She whined, suddenly feeling his heart beat faster. Huh... weird, Cera thought.
"Honey? I got pizza and chocolate milk at home... Swedish fish in the car." Cera heard her mom bribe. Cera blinked her eyes open and looked at her mom who was smiling down at her.
"Ugh, alright." Cera groaned and sat up before she threw her half of the blanket on Alec who had the other half and stood up. "My shoes are at the door." Cera said to her mom before turning to smile at Alec. "I'll see you tomorrow?"
"Yep." He nodded, grinning before she looked to Chris and Gabe and asked the same thing with the same response.

"Bye, dorks!" Cera shouted as she walked out of the house to get in the car. Kate stood there for an extra second to look to Alec.
"Thanks for letting her come over." She said.
"No problem." Alec smiled.
"His pleasure." Chris snorted. Alec threw a pillow at him and it hit the side of his head. Alec and Chris glared at each other for a moment before looking back to Kate who was a little suspicious of their behavior but excused it.
"Uh, really, though. Shawn and I would love to have you and your mother over for dinner sometime. It would be great to meet her- if you don't mind." Kate smiled.
"No, of course. That sounds great! I don't know when my mom will be able to take an evening off but as soon as she's available, I'll let you know." Alec nodded.
"Great. Thanks, Alec. It was nice seeing you." Kate started out to the car.
"You too!" He answered before Kate shut the door behind her. Alec was a little pleased they were gone. He felt very on edge with Cera and Kate around so it was nice to relax.

"So, you won't date Cera cause she 'isn't your type' or what?" Gabe asked, sitting next to Chris on the couch. Gabe had to lean forward to see past Chris but they both looked at him with piercing eyes. Time to start my interrogation, Alec thought.
"No, that's not it." He sighed, looking right back at them.
"Then what the hell?" Chris asked.
"Guys, think about it. Who was her first and last boyfriend? Look how he treated her. She swore off dating because and you know that once she makes up her mind, she's in movable. I know where she stands." Alec said.
"She said that when she was hurt. She knows you'd never treat her like that." Gabe said, trying to encourage him.
"Even if she was willing to date, why would she date me? Huh? I don't know if she'd give me a chance- especially since, you know, I made her life a living hell-"
"Oh get over it!" Gabe groaned, catching Alec off guard. Gabe sat back on the couch for a second, letting everything soak in. Suddenly, he leaned forward again. Alec stayed exactly where he was, staring at Gabe with curiosity. "You know, I know you get bothered by Cera's insecurity. But, you're no better! You're letting your guilt and your OWN insecurity get in your own way."
"Maybe. But he also happens to be right." Chris spoke up, looking at Gabe suddenly. "I mean, not about her holding a grudge or whatever but... what if she just... doesn't want to date him. We all know she'd reject him if she wasn't attracted to him... and... what if she was serious about not dating-" Chris wondered aloud, letting hit eyes drift off to daydream.
"Oh please!" Gabe interrupted, scoffing. "Didn't you hear her talking about you?" Gabe looked at Alec, who shrugged. "Dude, she obviously doesn't think you're a scumbag like she used to."
"She called me a scumbag?" Alec asked, not completely surprised.
"On a good day." Chris confirmed before shoveling popcorn in his mouth. Alec looked down and sighed. He had that coming.
"But she doesn't anymore!" Gabe stressed.
"Why do you care so much?" Alec gave him a focused expression that could've been seen as a glare. Gabe was a little shocked by the question and took a second to answer.
"Isn't it obvious?" He asked. Alec only blinked. "Alec, you're the one she trusts the most. She's my friend and I know you'd take care of her." He explained.
"So... you don't like her... right?" He asked. Gabe sighed and laid back on the couch before putting his hands over his face in defeat.
"You're hopeless." Gabe decided. Alec thought about what he said.

"Look, If I can't get over my little crush thing by next year and we're both still single... I'll think about it." Alec said.
"Think about it." Gabe scoffed. Alec shifted uncomfortably. It was going to be a long year.

***

Cera looked around in the mall at different stores. But, so far, nothing jumped out at her. She wanted to give him something he'd really like but, she couldn't find anything that she thought he'd like.
"Struggling?" Gabe suddenly appeared next to Cera, making her jump. She was standing in front of a wall of headphones and accidentally spaced out when Gabe caught her off guard. "Sorry." He stood up straighter, standing behind her as she sighed. Cera looked back at the wall and scanned it in horror.
"It's okay." She dismissed Gabe's accidental jump scare and stared. Suddenly, after a moment, she got frustrated and grunted. "Why is this so difficult!" She complained with an angry face. Her eyes were focused, her eyebrows pressed together, and her lips were pressed into a thin line. She clutched her old, brown, over the shoulder back in annoyance. Gabe reached out and grabbed a pair of green headphones.
"Here. His favorite color is green." Gabe stated as she took them and examined them.
"Are these good quality?" She asked.
"They'll last him a while and it helps block outside noise while also keeping the music in. I have a pair of my own at home. I like them." He shrugged, shoving his hands in the pockets of his red jacket.
"Thanks." Cera smiled. "What're you getting him?"
"ITunes gift card." He said smiply, making her nod and look at the wall of headphones again. Gabe glanced at her and felt his question bubble up. "So," he started, "You're really going to get him headphones?" He asked.
"Got a better idea?" She let out a breathe.
"You could kiss him." Gabe smiled, mischievously. He wasn't sure how Cera would react so he tried to play it off as if he was joking. He really didn't want Alec mad at him for mettling but felt a need to push them in the right direction. Cera looked at him with wide eyes and blushed.
"Excuse me?" She asked, looking horrified. Like, she looked disgusted.
"Well, I mean, a kiss from a pretty girl isn't the worst thing in the world, right?" He chuckled, slightly embarrassed by her reaction. Cera change her expression to a amused smiled before giving a snort and rolling her eyes, looking away with a shake of her head.
"Yeah, okay." She chuckled.
"What, am I wrong?" He laughed.
"Well, you would be right. If you weren't talking to me. Maybe you should go tell that girl he dreamt about." She blew off. I'm trying! Gabe thought.
"Oh, come on! You know you want to." He teased, hinting at something. Cera looked at him, curious.
"What do you mean?"
"Come on, Cera. Do I have to spell it out?" He asked. Cera just stared at him, blankly. He sighed. Both of them are hopeless... he decided. "You. Still like. Alec." He said.
"I liked him years ago." Cera quickly dismissed.
"But did you ever stop?" He asked.
"Are you kidding?" She felt herself get angry. "He was a total asshole! I wanted nothing more than him to get out of my life." She spat and looked away with a huff.
"Yet, now he's sweet... charming..." Gabe started saying, copying what she said to Alec as his house. Cera felt her heart start  beating and heat rose to her cheeks. "Smart... funny... chivalrous-"
"Okay, I get it." She groaned, looking in the opposite direction of him.
"-and not exactly bad looking." He finished anyway. Cera didn't say anything. "There's nothing wrong with liking him, you know."
"I don't like him like that." She said, more talking to herself than Gabe.
"What's so wrong with having a crush on him?" Gabe knew he made a mistake upon finishing his sentance. Cera gave one of her infamous death glares. He immediately regretted pushing her.
"What's wrong? I told you- I told everyone! I'm done. I'm not dating anymore! It's not worth getting hurt again. Besides, It would be on Alec Rhodes, for crying out loud! My best friend! My old bully! My first ever crush!" She tried to keep her voice down. "I love Alec. I do. But I can't loose him because I decided to have feelings for him... I don't think my heart can take that." She said, trying to get Gabe to understand. He oddly did. Which made his job ten times more difficult. "Besides, I refuse to be rejected by him again." She added, trying to chuckle.

She's not just afraid to be rejected though. She's afraid he'll accept her feelings, only to break her heart.

"He wouldn't hurt you." Gabe suddenly blurted. "If you dated, he'd treat you right."
"He'd never be dumb enough to get himself in that situation." She sighed.

***

Alec's birthday came up and Cera had everything planned out.

They were going to start out by going to pick something up, quick, for breakfast before going to the beach. After that, they were going to TGI Fridays for lunch, watch a movie, go to laser tag (all guy thing. Cera didn't do well with holding the stupid gun), then go to hooters for dinner. At Hooters, they'd give their gifts.

Gabe had a little mini present for Alec though. They planned for it in advance, but Gabe and Chris weren't going to show up till lunch- giving Alec and Cera the entire morning to be alone. Alec wasn't exactly excited for that morning. More nervous. They were going to the beach... like his dream. He was over thinking it- he knew that much. But that didn't stop him from regretting agreeing to be alone with her upon driving up to her house and seeing her out front. He got out of his car, leaving the keys in the ignition, and approached her.
"Hey! Where's Gabe and Chris?" She asked.
"I thought they told you." He lied. "They said they'd meet us for lunch but they just couldn't get up this early. It's just you and me." He chuckled, regretting his last sentence. Cera nodded and they continued to stand there. They so planned this! Cera thought, figuring it was just Chris who was in on why they weren't going. Alec felt tension between them. It was the first time in their relationship that they felt awkward around each other. He didn't like it. "Well, let's get going." He said before walking to the passenger door and opening it. Cera got in before he closed the door and got in the drivers seat. "So, where to for breakfast?"
"Anywhere you want! I'm buying." She smiled.
"I think you know where." He glanced at her as he drove, grinning. She looked at him and smiled, excitedly.
"Denny's!" They said at the same time and laughed.
"Oh! I've been dying to try the red velvet pancake!" Cera said with a dreamy sigh.
"I've really wanted to try the white chocolate pecan pancake." Alec said.
"Oh, that sounds good." She agreed, feeling her mouth start to water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90 15 38
Alec, the main character has never had it easy. In this story you get to see how Alec handles the challenges in his life and all the people in their...
11.9K 562 39
Riley has been single for over 4 years. By choice. Great family, good friends and happy with her career as a Thoracic Nurse Practitioner. But when he...
96K 3.9K 60
*CURRENTLY EDITING! This version may or may not contain harmful stereotypes and I had been meaning to revise them and change them so better messages...
138 41 10
Caleb is doing great. He's gotten a new job and moved out, leaving his old toxic friends and parents behind him. But his past comes to punch him in...