Hell's Angel✗ // JACE WAYLAND

By leexnnx

[HIGHEST: #1 in shadowhunters] [HIGHEST: # 1 in jacewayland] [ HIGHEST: #1 in themortalinstruments] [HIGHEST... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
NOT AN UPDATE but an explanation
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
HOUSE KEEPING
XXXVII
MUST READ || I'M ENDING THE BOOK
THE SHADOW OF AN ANGEL PUBLISHED
THANK YOU

VIII

12.5K 321 106
By leexnnx

I woke up in an unfamiliar room on an overly comfortable mattress. I was used to my old one back home in Georgia. Not one made out of what felt like memory foam.

"She's awake!" Izzy's familiar voice yelled from somewhere beside me before four familiar faces covered with concern were hovering above me.

"You look like shit." Were the first words that left Jace's mouth.

"Shut it." Both Izzy and Elias swatted him on the shoulder.

"I would come up with a clever comeback, but I'm currently not in the mood." I muttered and sat up as they all took a step back. "What time is it?"

"3 o'clock."

"Damn, what's that? Like fifteen hours? That's a record." I yawned. They all shared look, letting me know something was up. I narrowed my eyes at them. "What am I missing?"

"Y'all can break it to her." Alec raised his hands in mock surrender.

"Tell me what?"

"You were out for four days." Clary's voice came from the door.

"What?"

"I know," She said walking up to the edge of my bed with a resting bitch face. "Shocker."

I could't help the next words that came out of my mouth. I was just really curious. "Do you have a problem with me?"

She looked taken aback, her bitch face gone as she glanced at Jace. "Uh-"

"No, don't look at him. If you have something to say, say it to me. Well, unless it's about him?"

Clary stammered a bit but soon took up her bored look again. "You're a bitch."

Well that's ironic. "So I've been told."

"You don't belong here." She continued trying to get to me while the others just watched.

"I know." I sighed, looking at my nails.

"We may as well just send you back to Georgia."

"Clary." Jace gave her a stern look but she ignored it.

"Maybe they'll kill-"

"Clary, shut up." Elias warned her.

"-you just like they did your-"

"ENOUGH." I yelled and almost screamed at what happened next. Clary's jacket caught fire. And while she was trying to put it out–which she succeeded in (sadly)– everybody else was staring at me in complete and utter shock. I was too busy staring at Clary's smoking jacket.

"Thanks for the help." The redhead hissed once it was out. "Not like I caught fire or any-"

"She just set you on fire!" Alec snapped, turning his head to her. "Could you stop bitching for one second and focus on the bigger problem?"

I did that? Are you sure I did that? Because I think I would know if I could set things on fire.

"Thea?" Izzy's voice was merely a whisper. My eyes were still trained on Clary's jacket. I did it. I set it on fire. Well I think I did it."

Two strong hands clamped down on my shoulders and I looked up to see Elias's green eyes. "Are you alright?"

I gulped and shook my head but Jace beat me to an actual reply. "Of course she's not alright." He snapped, pulling Elias's hands off of my shoulders. "She's been out for days, she's probably starved, thirsty, confused as hell. Don't ask stupid questions."

Funny because I wasn't even a bit hungry. In fact, the last time I remember eating a whole meal was the day Henric... "I'm fine. Just give me some space." I muttered.

"What?!" Clary yelled. "Absolutely not! You just set me on fire! You should be locked up or something! Under surveillance at least!"

I don't know how I knew, but my eyes changed. They felt different. It almost felt as if a wave power just swept through them in a sense. And apparently, my predictions weren't wrong because everyone took a step back as they stared in me at fear. I could care less at the moment. I couldn't control whatever was happening, but all I could think about was my anger towards the fiery haired girl.

"I said give me some space." My voice came out in a low growl. "Now leave."

She didn't have to think about twice before sprinting out of the room. Izzy glanced at Alec and Jace who nodded before she followed Clary, calling after her.

"Thea?" Elias's voice was faint to my ears even though he wasn't standing anymore than 20 feet away from me. "Thea just calm down."

My head snapped to him and I had no intentions of saying the next words. Infact, even though it was my voice, I don't think I was saying them. "I told you to leave. All of you."

"Athena!" This time it was Jace and his voice rang loud and clear. He grabbed my chin and turned it towards him. "Snap out of it."

I gasped as caught a glimpse of my eyes in the mirror beside the bed. They weren't the hazel I was used to. No, instead the brown and green rings in my eyes had been replaced with blue and shimmering gold that resembled fire. I quickly pushed Jace away and put my face in my hands trying to calm down.

"Thea, Thea you're okay." Jace's soothing voice rang through my ears as he took a hold of my wrists and gently began to move them from my face. "Just calm down, alright? You're okay."

I began to open my eyes and saw all of the boys visibly relax, telling me that I was fine. Alec shot Elias a pointed look after a bit before glancing back at Jace and I. Elias looked at me in alarm but I gave him a reassuring nod and he reluctantly left with Alec, shutting the door behind him.

"Do you want to tell me what just happened?" Jace whispered, drawing my attention from the door back to him.

"If I knew, I'd be happy to tell you."

"Nothing like that has ever happened?"

"Not that I remember. You could try calling Steph– oh my God! I never met him! He's probably thinking you killed me or s-"

"Thea, chill." Jace chuckled, putting a hand on my shoulder but quickly removed it as I glared at it. I wasn't one with physical contact unless it was fighting. "He swung by the institute pissed, but we told him what happened and that we'd send you shortly after you woke up."

"Oh." Was all I could answer. "Thanks."

"Wow, that was the most pathetic 'thanks' I've ever received. I mean, it's not like I took a couple of punches from a vampire for you and had to explain how I didn't lock you up and-"

"If you don't shut it, you're going to receive a couple of punches for me."

"I see how you two lived together for so long. Practically the same person."

I smiled at the memories of when Henric constantly told Stephan and I that we were the same person put into two different genders. "Not the first time hearing that."

"Well, I can guarantee you one thing." He smirked, getting to his feet. "You're definitely special now."

I put a hand over my heart and stared at him in shock. "Oh my gosh, Jace. I'm touched."

He chuckled, his gold eyes gleaming as he stared into mine. "Don't get ahead of yourself, Mun-"

"Ah,ah. Nope. Can't call me a mundane anymore, pretty boy."

"You trying to flirt with me, Mundie?"

My face wrinkled in disgust. "You wish."

"Nah," He waved me off while leaning in closer to my ear. "But I bet you wish I'd flirt back."

"Well isn't that your job?" I raised an eyebrow. "Hoes are supposed to be a flirts."

He stiffened and leaned back to look me in the eye. All of his playfulness was gone. "What did you call me?" He growled.

"Well I could call you a fuckboy instead if that's what you prefer." I smirked, knowing I was getting to him.

Hs suddenly got in my face, his hands on either side of my body, pinning my arms down. "I am not a hoe or whatever else you called me." His breath smelled minty.

"So then just how many girls have you slept with?"

"That's none of your business." he spat.

"Are you only saying that because you can't count the number?"

"You don't know the first thing about me."

"Again, I can just tell by looking at you. It's a gift." I shrugged. "Now get off of me."

"And what are you going to do if I don't?" he challenged.

"Do you really want to test me right now? Because I can assure you that it's not in your best interest to piss me off." I replied, just as challenging, referring back to what just happened with Clary.

His eyes flashed with realization but he didn't let go. Instead he leaned in more until our lips just barely touched. I pushed my head back
into the pillow to try to get as much distance between us as possible. "I'd love to see what you would do to me if I pissed you off." He smirked.

I just stared at him, speechless. Did I ever mention that this dude looked like a god? Like I hate him, but why did he have to be so good looking? I know I shouldn't be thinking like this and it wasn't like I liked him or anything, but did God just like him so much, he blessed his features with perfection?

"You're staring." He whispered.

"What else am I supposed to do? Your face is the only thing in my line of sight." I deadpanned.

He chuckled, his breath fanning my face while his eyes flickered to my lips. "You could close your eyes an-"

The door swung open and Elias's voice floated into the room. "Hey, Hodge is l- What the hell is happening here?"

Jace let me go and straightened up very slowly, all while smirking at me. "Nothing." He replied, his eyes still boring into mine. "I was just leaving."

And then he was gone and I was left with a very confused Elias. Couldn't say I knew what just happened any better than he did, though.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day, and if you're in school like I am, I hope you all enjoy your three day weekend! :) Xx

~ Leeanna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.8K 1K 79
[Alec Lightwood x OC] Aria Herondale, Jace's older sister he didn't remember he had. Separated from her brother at at a young age. Raised in secret...
28.4K 425 20
𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍, the second oldest of the blackthorns one of the most wealthiest shadowhunter family. Her whole life is all p...
1.8K 105 10
A 'Mortal Instruments' Fanfiction - My name is Clarissa Morgenstern. All my life I had lived in the Shadowhunter home country of Idris. I loved my li...
123K 3.3K 21
DISCONTINUED "Let the devil know that I was brave enough to die." She's the Faerie Queen's favourite with a secret love of Shadowhunters. He's a Sh...