A Journey Together (Sansby Fa...

By Blue_Diamond5

The barrier is finally down, and a new life is finally right up ahead. Opportunities like never seen before-i... More

❥ Chapter 1: The Grand Opening
❥ Chapter 2: The Suit
❥ Chapter 3: Just as Expected
❥ Chapter 4: Jealousy
❥ Chapter 5: A Terrific Tuesday
❥ Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: Movie Night
★ Chapter 8: Good Morning ★
★ Chapter 9: I'm Thinking About You ★
★ Chapter 10: His Return ★
★ Chapter 11: The Unbearable Shame ★
★ Chapter 12: His Support ★
★ Chapter 13: A Loving Home ★
THANK YOU SO MUCH
★ Chapter 14: Love is in the Air ★
★ Chapter 15: Surprises ★
★ Chapter 16: Plan ★
★ Chapter 17: Hell ★
★ Chapter 18: It's on ★
★ Chapter 19: Aftermath ★
Chapter 20: The revelation
Notes Again
Chapter 21: Going Home
Chapter 22: Going to Bed
Chapter 23: From relaxing to chaotic
Chapter 24: Party Poopers
Chapter 25: Hangover Crisis
Chapter 26: Couple
Chapter 27: Explaining
Chapter 28: Ideas
Chapter 29: The Night Part One
Chapter 30: The Night Part two
More Notes
Chapter 31: Arguement
Chapter 32: Resets
Chapter 33: Clothes
Chapter 34: The Date Part 1
Chapter 35: The Date Part 2
Chapter 37: The Date Part 4
Chapter 38: A Friendly Call
Chapter 39: The Harsh Truth
Chapter 40: A Small Argument
Chapter 41: Short Time Left
Chapter 42: A Small Breakdown
Chapter 43: The Fight
Chapter 44: Why?
Chapter 45: Wrong Decisions We Make
Chapter 46: May I take a seat?
Chapter 47: You know him?
Chapter 48: What have we done?
Chapter 49: Gone
Chapter 50: I'm sorry
Chapter 51: The Best Thing
Chapter 52: The Epic Gift
Chapter 53: Christmas Part One
Chapter 54: Christmas Part Two
Chapter 55: Christmas Part Three
★ Chapter 56: Odd ★
Chapter 57: He's Alright
★ Chapter 58: Brothers ★
★ Chapter 59: Alone ★
★ Chapter 60: Sean and Dan ★
Chapter 61: Reminiscent Walk
Chapter 62: Headed Down to Your Destination
Book Update!!

Chapter 36: The Date Part 3

2.4K 106 233
By Blue_Diamond5

By the time the gang had gotten to the next place, they had mostly forgotten about their fear to the previous movie and were now blinded to it by their excitement and hunger.

"WE'RE HERE!" Papyrus excitedly shouted as he drove into a parking lot to the very fancy and expensive restaurant.

Mettaton gasped.

"Now this is what I'm talking about!" He exclaimed with such enthusiasm, it was hard not to smile at.

"Wow..." Grillby wowed as he glanced from a small distance a far into the place through the clear glass.

"this is celebrity fancy..." Sans commented.

Everyone but Mettaton nodded.

"No, this. This is beautiful!! Oh Papyrus you're so sweet!!!" He cried out.

Papyrus happily hugged Mettaton and spun him around in the air.

"I'M GLAD YOU LIKE THE PLACE ALREADY!"

"Like? I love it! This is so romantic! It's like a real novel come to life! A dream come true!" Mettaton rephrased dramatically.

"What are we waiting for, nerds. Let's get in cause I'm hungry and I wanna have this date with my girl already" Undyne interrupted the moment casually.

The couples soon entered the restaurant and signed in into the checklist.

Papyrus had reserved a big circular table, a booth to be exact, for the six of them.

Once they were seated by the waiter, they were received with a glass of champagne.

"oh?"

Sans was surprised by this.

Grillby took his glass and smelled it.

It sure did smell a bit too strong.

"Let's try not to drink more than a glass..." Grillby murmured.

"agree" Sans concurred.

"WHAT SHALL WE ORDER?" Papyrus curiously wondered as he looked through his menu.

"I'll get that fancy lasagna. For two" Undyne said, pointing at the the name in the menu for the waiter to write it down in his small notepad.

Alphys smiled at Undyne shyly, and scooted closer to her in a discreet manner.

"I'd like a plate of italian pasta salad, please" Mettaton ordered politely.

The seriously looking waiter blinked with astonishment at the sudden realization he was attending a famous celebrity.

However, he quickly regained his composure and turned to look at the skeletons and the elemental awaiting for their order, and every now and then looking over his shoulder at Mettaton with the same idiot-like surprised face.

"UM... COULD I GET AN APPLE PECAN ARUGULA SALAD?" Papyrus asked.

"Of course sir" the waiter answered, noting down Papyrus' order.

"I would like to order a Gnocchi with Sage-Butter sauce please" Grillby finally decided.

"Got it" the waiter said.

Everyone looked at Sans, curious at what he would order.

Sans put down the menu in front of him and looked at the waiter, signaling him he was ready to order.

"i'd like a slice of pizza" he said.

"A....PIZZA...." Papyrus muttered in an annoyed fashion, grinding his teeth with strength.

"yep. just one slice please." The short skeleton repeated.

"A pepperoni polenta pizza?" The waiter questioned, his voice obviously sounding extremely intrigued by Sans' way too casual order.

"a... what...? ....um... i just want a simple pizza." Sans chuckled nervously, completely clueless as to what type of pizza that was.

"Sorry sir, but we don't serve that kind of pizza..." The waiter apologized.

'What the fuck...? What do I say? I not even know what most of this meals are because of their weird ass names!' Sans thought anxiously.

"what about tacos de fajita?" He asked, hopeful to get a yes from the waiter, sadly, the waiter shook his head a 'no'.

Sand groaned frustratedly.

"A torta de milanesa?"

Finally, after a short minute of thinking, the waiter nodded.

"thank asgore" Sans sighed, crossing his arms over the table and putting his head down.

Once that done, the waited took the menus in a small pile and went to the kitchen.

"A TORTA?! REALLY SANS?" Papyrus exasperated.

"yeah...why not?" Sans wondered.

"NYEH! NEVER MIND! YOU WOULDN'T GET IT ANYWAY!" Papyrus groaned frustratedly.

"ok"
________

It had been at least twenty minutes since the food had arrived.

Most of the plates were half empty by this time now.

The group was having a great time talking about how they met one another.

"Yo Sans! How did you and Grillby meet?" Undyne asked.

"YEAH! HOW? PLEASE DO TELL!" Papyrus chimed in.

Sans laid back on the booth and thought for a minute.

Grillby looked at Sans warmly and leaned on the table.

"w-well, papyrus and i were new to snowdin. i was nine at that time we had just moved in." Sans started.

"it was only a few days after we arrived in which i met grillby on a cold, snowy night. since i wasn't used to snow storms, i didn't know there would be one that night. i was out heading home with a few groceries while papyrus at home sleeping. the storm was fierce that night, and i had no place to take shelter in."

***flashback***

Why today, Sans asked himself as he vainly attempted to make his way through the storm.

His feet were slowly sinking into the snow, and he was colder than a popsicle.

Sans heard a worried, muffled shout from behind him, and turned around skeptical as to why someone would be screaming at him that desperately worried for him.

"Hey! Hey you!" A fire-like monster covered in a many layers of clothes shouted loudly, making his voice clear through the strong winds of the storm as he ran to the skeleton and catched up to him.

"What... What are you doing out here in a snowstorm!? At this late hours? Are you lost?" The elemental panted.

Sans didn't answer, all he did was stare at the taller monster with his arms wrapped around his chest protectively of himself.

"Ohh... You're sinking into the snow..." the taller one of the two realized.

Without warning, the elemental picked Sans up above the ground and looked at him in the eyes.

"You're shaking..." He mumbled, his voice sounding truthfully concerned for Sans' well being.

In no time, the elemental had thrown Sans over his shoulder and began running to the direction to a small bar, located not so far from there.

Sans knew he couldn't let some random kid take him to a place he didn't even know the name of.

He felt scared but... he felt something else; an unusually warm sensation.

But Sans being Sans, ignored it only to realize what was it years later.

In just about two minutes, they had arrived.

Once entering, the fire like monster sat Sans on a booth.

"Stay here" he whispered before running off to a door that read 'Fire exit'.

'Am I really shivering?' Sans asked himself mentally.

That's when he noticed he actually was.

Who could blame him?

It was below zero out there.

Sans looked around curiously and swung his feet like the little kid he was at the moment.

"Hey I'm back" the taller boy announced in a quiet tone, making it obvious he was trying to avoid waking up someone.

He had brought a blanket and a mug filled with warm milk with him.

"I brought you this" he said, wrapping the warm cozy blanket around the small, frail skeleton, and handing him the mug.

"What's your name? I'm Grillby." He presented himself.

"i'm sans..." Sans mumbled under his breath, never making eye contact with Grillby.

Grillby grabbed a chair nearby and took a seat in front of Sans.

"What were you doing out there? It's dangerous for someone to be outside without the appropriate clothing or right parental guidance" Grillby asked, taking off his thick coat and hat and placing them on the table behind.

"i was buying stuff" Sans replied, pulling the bag to his side.

"May I know what's in the bag?"

Sans slowly nodded and handed the bag to the older individual.

"Food?"

Sans nodded again.

Grillby was curious.

This wasn't right.

It wasn't right for a child for a child to have to take care of that duty meant for adults.

"Hey Sans, was it... How old are you and where are your parents" Grillby asked.

Sans looked to his side, a smile on his face but his eyes filled with sadness and guilt.

Grillby put a hand to his mouth and looked away.

'Touchy subject' he realized.

"Hey, forget it. You hungry?" Grillby offered.

"a little..." Sans lied, in reality, he was starving.

"I may not be the best at making them, but I could make you some fries. My uncle is teaching me how to run the bar. My dad doesn't like me doing this, but this is my passion to do this." Grillby conversated.

Sans faintly smiled.

"thanks. um... would you mind if you made me two orders? ...one for my little brother"

"Of course I wouldn't mind! In fact, I'm honored to serve you" Grillby exclaimed, running behind the counter and placing his hands on top in an elegant fashion.

"May I take your order?" He asked with a professional tone of voice, mimicking an adult's voice.

Sans giggled and took a seat on a stool in front of the counter.

"the usual" he followed the game.

"And what would that be?" Grillby snickered.

"ketchup with fries" Sans answered casually, gaining more confidence with Grillby by every second.

"Alrighty, be right back. Try not making too much noise. I'd be in so much trouble if my uncle saw me and you here" Grillby whispered.

Sans nodded.

"ok grillbz"

Grillby froze right before entering the kitchen and slowly turned to look at Sans.

"Grillbz...?"

Sans shook his head a yes with a cheesy smile plastered on his face.

"yep! i think i wanna call you that... if you are ok with it..." Sans trailed off.

"Huh... Heh. I like that" Grillby grinned before entering the kitchen to attempt cooking Sans' order.
____________

A few minutes later, Grillby came out with a plastic bag with the orders in it and placed it in front of Sans, his smile wide with pride and excitement.

Sans curiously peeked into the bag and smelled the food.

It smelled great!

Sans quickly took out one plastic plate from the bag and opened it.

Sans grabbed a small handful of fries and shoved them into his mouth, humming to the amazing flavor they carried.

Once swallowing them, he looked at Grillby with stars in his eyes.

"this is really really good!" He beamed.

Grillby laughed.

"This has yet to be my best order yet. Not bad for a thirteen years old, am I right?"

Sans and Grillby both laughed, their voices colliding together with genuine laughs that soon died out with a long minute.

"hey, um... i don't wanna bother you but.... do you have any ketchup?" Sans catched his breath.

"Of course we have ketchup. My uncle doesn't usually serve much so we are kind of over stocked with it." Grillby replied, leaning down on the counter to take out a bottle out a cabinet and handing it to Sans.

"Take as much as you want!" Grillby happily notified.

Sans looked at Grillby, then at the bottle, a shocked look in his face before smiling almost idiotically.

"by all means" he chirped as he then proceeded to chug the entire bottle of ketchup, leaving Grillby speechless.

"W-what!? I didn't say to drink the whole thing!- you- how- why-... You didn't have to drink the whole thing..." Grillby stuttered, his eyes wide open.

"what? you said to take as much as i want..." Sans defended.

"Y-yeah... But... Just... Ew"

Sans blushed a bit with embarrassment.

"but i like it..." Sans mumbled.

Grillby nudged Sans' shoulder across the counter and smiled.

"Hey, I'm not saying you shouldn't do that. Everyone has their own taste to things. That's what makes you your own self!" Grillby clarified.

Sans laughed with relief and tossed more fries into his mouth along with a huge chug of ketchup.

There was a moment of silence before Sans finally got the courage enough to ask.

"can we be friends?" Sans enthusiastically questioned with excitement.

"Absolutely!" Grillby asserted happily.
_____________

"and that's how we met. afterwards, i stayed over for a while since i had fallen asleep sometime around that." Sans said.

Everyone had been so invested into the long story, they had forgotten of what time it was.

"Oh! The is like a young couple love story!" Mettaton exclaimed.

"Aw! That's so kawaii!!!" Alphys squealed.

"OH BROTHER! I REMEMBER! THE NIGHT YOU BROUGHT A PLATE FULL OF FRIES BUT NEVER SAID WHERE EXACTLY THEY CAME FROM!" Papyrus reminiscenced.

Everyone was talking about the experience except Undyne and Grillby, who were looking intently at each other.

That was until Undyne finally spoke up.

"The memory is quite nice but, my question is why was Grillby outside walking in the snow storm the night he helped out Sans." Undyne pointed out.

Sans froze for a second and looked up at Grillby, whom was beginning to anxiously shake.

"grillby? babe! what's wrong!?"

__________________________

Whew! This sure was the longest chapter I have ever written (and probably the longest it'll be). It was 2,156 words not counting this small paragraph.

Anyway, I'm gonna go rest. Hope you enjoyed reading this long chapter! Comments always make my day one much better!!

Also, if there's any typos, just tell me cause I'm too lazy to revise any of this lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 429 48
Meet Maya, a wonderfully sarcastic girl with the ability to befriend sassy flowers, talking skeletons, ghosts & even a walking candle. Oh, she also...
4.2K 206 28
[Part One of the Timeline Series] You were a foster child from since birth, you never liked the foster parents you were sent to, they were always 'un...
26.5K 931 15
There have been strange reports in Snowdin. Reports of small skeleton children. Reports of strange small skeletal creatures. All Grillby knows is tha...
8.1K 180 5
It's been 2 months since monsters found their way back to the surface and with the element of surprise, they got a strong foothold for the war. The r...