On My Own (TVD Series)

By Dat_AthRojas

After 125 years of being dragged around the United States and Europe, Lauren Salvatore returns back to her ho... More

Blood Thirsty
Tolerance Over Dignity
At Candlelight...
Untold Truth
Memory Lane
Starvation
Broken Ones
Burning Flames
Future Plans
Words Can Hurt
Trust No One
Gravediggers
A Haunting Past
Uncovered
Indulge The Urge
Uncontrollable Thirst
Faults and Guilts
Oh, Mother.
The Founder's Day.
Light & Shadow
Inner-Strength
The Curse & The Truth
Coming Back To You.
The Untrusted
Masquerade With A Twist
Awaken Memories
Mirrored Imagine
Full Moon Madness
I Don't Want To Feel
Befriending the Stranger
The Reunion
Unforgettable Love
The Sun and The Moon
Confrontations
One And The Same
Starry Nights
The Originals
Undeniable Love
Resurrected Memories
Elegant Nature
Loyalty
Holding Grudges
Echoes of Love
Stay Calm
Eyes on You
You'll Survive This
Lies and Secrets
There's Always More
The Beginning
We All Go Mad
Smallest of Memories
Sire Bond Central
The Lonely
The Ally
Ancestral Line
The Worst Is Yet To Come
The Expression Triangle
We All Have Needs
Prom Date
Hidden Secret
The Descendents
Eremophobia
Home Sweet Home
Memory Lane
The Secret Society
The Vengeful Anchor
Patient Zero
Confessions
Unbound Sacrifices
You Were Good To Me
Trusted Foe
Brotherly Sire-Bond
Acquaintances
Not My Type Of Revenge
Isolated Target
No One Left Behind
It's Just The Two Of Us Now
Our Personal Hell
The Devil Himself
Prepare For The Inevitable
Flirting With The Enemy
Dinner With The Devil
Bitter Loneliness
A Warm Christmas
Motherly Love
Mother Dearest
Death By Deception
'Eonia'
Deceptive Illusions
Long-Lost Secrets
Missed Calls
Till Death Do Us Part
38 Days Later...
Nightly Strolls
Hostage Exchange
Panic Overload
Dream Of Me
Vividly Dreaming

Day Drinking

631 23 9
By Dat_AthRojas

Coming up the stairs, I held a little brown box close to me as I closed the basement door and headed upstairs, where Stefan and Elena hanging out.

"Hey, did you get it?" Stefan asked.

"Yeah, I finished everything this morning." Setting the box on the bed, Stefan opens it revealing a small bed of vervain flowers and some silver jewelry above.

"What's this for?"

"This is vervain, it'll protect you and Jenna. Oh, and that bracelet is for Jeremy, you can give the extra ones to friends or family." I added.

"And the flowers?"

"You can put it in your drinks, food, or in jewelry, each of these has a little compartment for them," I said.

"As long as it's in you or on you, a vampire cannot control you," Stefan whispered placing the pieces of jewelry in Elena's hand.

"That's a lot to remember."

"I know, but there's another vampire in town, so until we find out who it is and what he wants, we have to be careful."

"And that's my cue. I'll see you guys later." I said, as I headed for the stairs and out the door.

~

Entering the Grill, I looked around for a few seconds and headed for an open seat at the bar afterward.

"What can I get you?" A bartender asked.

"Um, bourbon."

Raising an eyebrow, he rests his hands on the counter.

"I'm gonna need some I.D."

Leaning closer, he follows my move.

"You don't need to see my I.D...the drink's on the house," I whispered softly, feeling my eyes dilate.

"You know what...forget the I.D., your drink's on the house." He smiled.

"Gee, thanks."

Grabbing something from underneath the counter, he places a bowl of peanuts while I wait for my drink.

Sitting in silence, I stared at the large mirror in front of which reflected behind me.

'So, what were you thinking of wearing to the dance?'

'I heard, Sarah and Nick were sneaking around the Chemistry lab last night.'

'Have you seen how ugly Pheobe's hair is?'

"Here you go." The bartender said, placing my drink on a napkin.

"Thanks."

Wrapping my hand on the glass, I rotate the ice inside when I feel someone looking at me.

"What the hell do you want, Damon."

"Tsst, tsst. What did I tell you yesterday? Don't raise your voice at me, you know how I get in front of a crowd."

Making himself comfortable in the seat next to me, he grabs the bowl of peanuts in front of me.

"So, I was thinking we team up and take on this vampire situation."

"What makes you think I'll work with you." I hissed, sipping on my drink.

"Well, I'm sure you don't want Elena to get hurt, but also Matt Donovan. Remember how Vicki ended up...yeah, I do too."

"But I also think we need a fresh new start."

"I'll never forget the first time we met, although I keep trying," I added.

Seeing him shift in his seat, his hand wraps itself around my wrist crushing it in its place.

"What did you say?"

"Damon...stop. You're hurting me."

"And you hurt my feelings." He hissed, leaning closer to me.

Feeling my hand curl up on the counter, I tried to pull my hand out of his grip but it just kept getting tighter and tighter.

"Everything okay over here?" I heard a guy say.

"Yeah, we're fine," Damon said, keeping his eyes on me.

"I wasn't talking to you." The guy whispered as he walked up from behind the counter.

Turning his head, Damon looked at the guy in front of us before releasing his grip on my hand.

"Heh." He sighed quietly as I slid my hand underneath the counter and felt my wrist snap back into place.

"I'll see you back home," Damon whispered in my ear, before walking out of the Grill.

"Thank you..." I said, taking another sip of my drink.

"Anytime..."

Tilting his head, he smirked at me waiting for my name.

"Lauren."

"Anytime, Lauren...I'm Ben."

"Thank you, Ben."

"So, who was that guy? A boyfriend?"

"Oh, God no. Um, he's my older brother..."

"And he treats you like that? I saw the way he grabbed your hand."

"Our relationship is...complicated. Including our history..."

"History?" He questioned.

"I was the favorite..."

"Ah...I get it. My sister's the favorite too." He added.

"I bet you don't treat her like dirt."

"My mom would knock me into next year if I ever laid a hand on her."

"Smart mom," I whispered, raising my drink for her and finishing it all.

"Thanks..." Sliding off the stool, I grabbed my jacket from behind the chair and headed out the Grill to the school.

~

Pushing open the art room door, I sat in my regular spot near the second story window when Tyler walks into the room with his sketch pad and sits a few rows behind me.

"You have 2 class periods today to finish whatever you're doing, after that you'll have to come back either after school or tomorrow morning. Okay?" The art teacher announced before locking herself back in her office.

Mixing some paints together, I walked over to the storage containers I had a few days ago and pulled out some of the art work I had just started on.

Carefully carving the light brown color around the middle, I switched brushes for a smaller one and added white to create a shiny allusion against the model's hair.

"Wow, you're even better in person." I hear Tyler say.

Standing upright, I looked over my shoulder to find him leaning on his side with his sketch pad.

"Thanks..." I whispered.

Grabbing a pointed spatula, I slathered one side with white paint and started to create random horizontal lines along the bottom on her corset, before curving the lines outward and then downward, making the skirt.

"How long have you been painting?" Tyler asked.

"Since I could remember, which isn't much."

Dipping my brush in a cup of dirty water, I set everything aside and grabbed a bottle I had in my bag.

"Were your parent's artist?"

Sighing, I toss the bottle back in my bag.

"Nope."

Picking up the canvas, I walked over to the drying room where a fan hung on the ceiling rotation around and drying the current paintings inside.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked as I made my way back to my easel.

"I'm fine..."

"You don't look fine."

"Then stop looking!" I hissed angrily, catching everyone's attention in the room as I looked at Tyler before feeling a rush of humiliation.

"I...I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

"You know what, forget it. I was trying not to an asshole for once." Tyler hissed, closing his sketch pad and striding out the door.

Standing awkwardly, everyone else in the room returned back to the projects leaving me looking like the complete asshole that I was.

After several hours of painting and sketching, I headed out of the building as students were starting to decorate the gym with a 60's theme. 

"Hey, are you helping out with the dance?" Matt asked, carrying a large cardboard box full of decorations.

"No, I was in the art studio all day. Are you?"

"Oh, no. Caroline asked for my help but I'm starting my shift at the grill."

"Oh, as what?"

"As a busboy."

"Well, you're lucky," I said sarcastically not meaning too.

"Really? I'd be lucky if I was going home to a large mansion instead of a three bedroom house with no one in it." Matt said.

Narrowing my eyes, I stood there confused while he walked away and entered the gym.

Pushing the doors open, I headed straight for the car when I get a phone call.

"What," I said to Stefan.

"We need you. Come to Elena's." He said, hanging up after.

~

Knocking on the door, Elena opens it slowly peeking her head.

"I'm here, what happened."

"A vampire came into Elena's house and attacked her," Damon added.

"How'd he get in?"

"He was invited in." Elena sighed.

"He posed as a pizza delivery guy last night."

"Well, he gets points for that." Damon joked.

"Did he say what he wanted?" I asked.

"No. He was too busy trying to kill me."

"And you have no idea who this is?" Stefan asked Damon.

"No. And don't look at me like that. I told you we had company."

"You think there's more than one?"

"We don't know," I said.

"Damon, he was invited in," Stefan said quietly.

"Then we go get him tonight. You up for it? " I blurted out looking at Elena.

"What do I have to do?"

"Let your boyfriend take you to the dance." Damon blurted out.

"We'll see who shows up."

"That's a bad idea."

"Till we get him, this house isn't safe. For anyone who lives in it. It's worth a shot." Damon said.

"I'll do it," Elena added after the three of us looked at her.

"I'll be with the three of you. I'll be safe."

~

As a group, the four of us walked into the Gym together and in just a matter of seconds, we were surrounded by pompadours, poodle skirts, and hairspray.

"What now," I added.

"Try to find the blood sucking vampire."

Slowly stalking around the Gym looking for this vampire, I made my way to a table where Elena was standing at with two glasses of punch.

"Here...I figured you'd need one." I whispered.

"Thanks...is everything okay, with you?" She asked.

And with a side eye, I remember back to my temper explosion of Tyler.

"Yeah...I'm fine."

"Having fun?"Elena asked as Caroline and Bonnie came up to our table.

"No, but this took about 2 hours, so I'm at least staying half of that." Caroline joked.

"What's Damon doing here?" Bonnie asked, seeing as the three of them turned around to look over at Stefan and Damon together.

"He wanted to come. I promise he'll behave."

"So what is this, like, a threesome now, you and the Salvatore brothers?"

"Oh, please...now I have that image stuck in my head." I joked, making the three of them laugh.

"No...but if I'm gonna be with Stefan then I have to learn to tolerate Damon. I already get along with Lauren so that's not a big deal." Elena said looking over at me, and all I do is raise my cup.

"And it's not like I can kill him." She added.

"There's a thought," Bonnie said.

"Mmm. I'll help."

"I build the hole...with cement," I whispered as the three of us clinked our cups together.

~

After several songs and some very interesting gossip conversation with Caroline and Bonnie, Caroline nudged Bonnie's arm as Damon walked over.

"Hi, Bonnie. Wanna dance?"

"I'm out of here." She said as she was getting ready to leave, Damon glides in front of him.

"Please give me another chance."

"Back off, Damon," Caroline added following Bonnie out the Gym.

FInishing my drink slowly, Damon leans on the counter just as Stefan and Elena come up behind me.

"Where did they go?" She asked.

"I don't know."

"What'd you say to them?" Stefan added.

"I was perfectly polite, right Lauren?"

Still sipping my punch slowly, I rolled my eyes and continued the lookout.

"Fine. Elena...would you like to dance?" He asked.

"I would love to. May I have this dance?" Elena asked Stefan, making choke on my drink.

Watching as the made their way to the middle of the dance floor, Damon walked over beside me.

"Wow, you get as much attention as the nine button on a microwave," I whispered, before setting my cup on the table and heading out the building.

~

Entering the grill beside Caroline and Bonnie, the place was fuller than regular weekdays.

"Let's sit over there," Bonnie said, and as I glanced over I recognized the guy from this morning.

"Be a little more obvious, Bonnie," Caroline added.

"Hey, don't rain on my hot-guy parade."

"What? It's just a drizzle. Ben McKittrick? Really?"

"He's hot," Bonnie whispered.

"He's a washed up jock who pours drinks for a living...which might I add are good drinks," I said, crossing my arms behind me.

"See, Bon. You could do way better."

Hearing someone come up behind me with glass, I see Matt walk past me.

"Hey, Matt," I whispered.

"What's up." He said, heading straight for the back door.

"What was that about?" Caroline said.

"I don't know...but I do know that I need a drink."

"Okay, we'll sit at that table," Bonnie said heading over to the right side of the grill.

Stepping up the booth, I grabbed a chair and waited to be served.

"Lauren, twice in one day," Ben asked.

"Um...yeah. You must be pretty good at remembering faces?" I asked.

"I remember a pretty girl when I see one. What are you having?"

"Bourbon," I whispered.

"That's a strong drink for a girl, how'd you get into it?" He asked, bending down and grabbing a ball glass and the bottle of bourbon.

"A friend...I think?

"Wow, must've been one hell of a night."

"That's for sure.."

Taking the glass, our fingers brushed against each other and for a moment I didn't realize it until it left a tingling feeling on my tips.

"So, did you come from the dance?" He asked, cleaning the counter.

"How did you know?"

"I saw you walking in with Sheriff Forbes' daughter."

"I didn't want to go, but my brother convinced me."

"Damon?" He asked in a serious tone.

"Yeah...and Stefan, the other brother."

Hearing my phone ring inside my jacket, I pulled out in the middle of our conversation.

"We found him. He's following Elena." Stefan said before hanging up.

"I have to go. Nice talking to you again." I said, placing a 10 dollar bill on the table.

~

Running to the school, I head inside and stumble upon a tall guy with light brownish hair, who just seemed too old to be a student here.

"Oh, sorry," I said.

"No worries."

Brushing past his shoulders, I ran past him and into the hall where I could smell fear trickling down the walls.

'Nobody wants to kill you. We just wanna talk.'

Flying into the room, Damon held a broken wooden stick in hands while the guy that attacked Elena earlier today jumped over the table towards her.

"UGH!" The guy groaned as I held him against my shoulder with a stake in his gut.

"Look who decided to show up," Damon whispered, just as I threw the guy on the floor.

"Now you feel like talking?" Stefan hissed, pacing around the guy like a vulture.

"Screw you."

Twisting the stake and inserting it deeper into his gut, I could see Elena disturbed by it.

"Wrong answer."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Because it's fun."

Turning around, I grabbed the other side of the broom, taking off the mop part before inserting it on his thigh."

"Ah!"

"What do you want with Elena?" I hissed.

"She looks like Katherine." He whispered.

Taking a step back, Stefan and I looked at each other curiously.

"You knew Katherine?" Damon asked.

"Oh, you thought you were the only ones? You don't even remember me."

"Tell me how to get in the tomb. Hmm?"

"No."

Standing beside Elena, I let Stefan take over the torture.

"Uhh!"

"The Grimoire."

"Where is it?" I asked.

Feeling Elena turn around as Stefan forced the stick deeper, I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Check the journal. The journal." The guy pleaded.

"Jonathan's journal. Jonathan Gilbert's."

Standing in silence as the guy groans in pain, Stefan and Damon exchanged glances.

"Who else is working with you?"

"Who else is there?" Damon blurted out.

"Can you...um, take me out of here..." Elena asked me.

Looking over at Stefan, he nods before returning his attention back to the guy.

"Yeah, come on."

Taking her out through the back door, we headed over to her car before heading back home.

Closing her front door behind me, she headed to the kitchen.

"What are they gonna do to him?" She asked nervously.

"He has to die, Elena. He was invited in."

"Do you guys...doesn't it scar you, killing other people like that."

"When they're innocent, yes. When they attack other's who can't protect themselves, no it doesn't." I whispered.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah..."

Leaning against her kitchen counter, she moved over to stand beside me.

"When Stefan was telling about you family home, he said that you were turned before them, how?"

"I was...in a field, by a lake. I don't remember detail, or who was there, it's all a blur. But when I woke up, I was in my bed with a nurse sitting beside me."

"You never knew you turned you?" Elena whispered.

"No...they must've cleared my memory or something. After that day, I had to learn everything there was about surviving with what I am."

"How did you feed?"

"Um...you might not want to know that."

"Why? I mean, nothing scares me anymore."

"It's not scary, Elena. What I did, my brother's had no idea about it." I whispered.

"If it's any worse than what Damon did to Zach, Vicki, or Bonnie, you're on good terms with me."

"I fed on Stefan and Damon for four years, and I compelled them to forget. Until Katherine turned them."

Watching her daze off with a questionable look on her face, I kept my eyes on the floor with my arms crossed over my chest.

"What about your parents and the people who worked for you?"

"I never touched my parents or the servants, it was just them. I was always around them and I wasn't allowed to be out in the town with them beside me. That's one of the reasons why Damon hates me." I added.

"You were just trying to survive, he should've understood that."

"He's Damon Salvatore, Elena. He's the most stubborn, arrogant, and honest person I know." I whispered.

"That's why he treats you like that, and you let him do it anyway?"

"I grew up with a strict father, my mother was loving towards us. If I had ever raised my voice or argued with Damon, I would get beat by my father. It wasn't just a pat on my behind, I would get whipped and locked in a dark room until I remembered the morals he taught me."

"Oh, my God..."

Leaning off the counter, I walked around to the other side.

"Stefan's going to head over here in a while, I'll stay outside," I whispered seeing Elena's expression change into sadness.

~

Sitting outside Elena's house, Stefan walks shortly after.

"What happened?" I asked.

"The dim whit died, someone saw us do it, and Damon compelled them. The usual. You?"

"...She's fine. She's inside waiting for you."

Getting up from the bench I started heading down the steps when I stopped midway of the sidewalk to see Stefan watching walk away.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing...Thank you, for looking out for her."

"She's practically family, Stefan. And besides, she's nice to talk to." I said before turnign the corner and walking straight into darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 110 39
I'm moving to Mystic Falls and getting a fresh start after the love of my life left me in the woods. I'm never gonna move on from Edward, he's consta...
28.4K 409 52
It all started 7 months ago when Valentina belonged to the one and only Stefan Salvatore. Until she left, finding out the truth about the small town...
441 21 24
Marie Salvatore. Turned in 1864, at the age of 25, the day after seeing both her brothers die for saving the woman they thought they loved. After bei...
317K 6.9K 32
My name is Ariel Forbes and this is going to be the story of my crazy messed up life. My adopted sister is a vampire, Katherine is a b**** but she's...